~The "Heaven" Thing~

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Our friend @bbyrd009 often says things like.
"People expect a mansion, gold streets , and a big party in heaven...but it wont happen...."
Mark, sorry that this is NOT a direct quoted quote but one just from my memory.
You say similar things. I read it again this morning.

I agree..neither do I expect any "streets of gold" ,Mansion, etc ..but I do expect a "Party" :) I expect rejoicing and wonderment. How, and in what form, no idea.
I believe all these thing as " Mansions" etc are all saying something that I brains can NOT comprehend.
I believe God is the street of Gold... Gold in the bible represents the nature of God.
And, "the many mansions" I believe are the many levels in God Himself.
These are all pictures.

So, along with bbyrd009 and myself....what do you expect at the end?
Not talking about the bit when we die and move over into the next realm ...but talking about the very end, after everything has been 'done and dusted'.

What do you all think, feel, 'see'...at The End. ?

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...what do you expect at the end?
Not talking about the bit when we die and move over into the next realm ...but talking about the very end, after everything has been 'done and dusted'.

Could you clarify?
What do you mean by "the end"....so not the transition of crossing over?
Later...I've ever heard the term 'done and dusted'...so you dont want to know about
The Life Review, meeting loved ones and pets...generally getting acquainted and having the tour"...lol:D...but, after words when we are settled?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our friend @bbyrd009 often says things like.
"People expect a mansion, gold streets , and a big party in heaven...but it wont happen...."
Mark, sorry that this is NOT a direct quoted quote but one just from my memory.
You say similar things. I read it again this morning.

I agree..neither do I expect any "streets of gold" ,Mansion, etc ..but I do expect a "Party" :) I expect rejoicing and wonderment. How, and in what form, no idea.
I believe all these thing as " Mansions" etc are all saying something that I brains can NOT comprehend.
I believe God is the street of Gold... Gold in the bible represents the nature of God.
And, "the many mansions" I believe are the many levels in God Himself.
These are all pictures.

So, along with bbyrd009 and myself....what do you expect at the end?

Well...it's not called glory for nothing! :)

I would agree that much of the written word regarding heaven, is parable word pictures.

But as one who has already experienced leaving "here" in the spirit, I have to say, it was more real than what we now experience, but similar, at least in appearance. Mind you, my experience was relative to me, and so I believe that the set of heaven is manifest from within - just as Christ said, "The kingdom of God is within you." Then, I think I can fill in the blanks, by adding: no more tears, no more pain, no more darkness - but joy, peace, love, and goodness - and music...forever. Amen!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Could you clarify?
What do you mean by "the end"....so not the transition of crossing over?
Later...I've ever heard the term 'done and dusted'...so you dont want to know about
The Life Review, meeting loved ones and pets...generally getting acquainted and having the tour"...lol:D...but, after words when we are settled?

1) By the end, I mean the very end.

2) Right now, no one is "in heaven" even though we kinds know what we all mean when we say "Granny in in heaven with God"
Paul said- " Absent from the body, present with the Lord." I'm sure we all agree. I do believe that our loved ones are somewhere doing something.
( I've had too many dreams) and too many people have had NDE and come back to talk about it.
So yes, they go to a wonderful place, a God Place...I always call it The Beautiful Garden...
But what I am asking is After the resurrection, after the finally judgement,
...what are people expecting lets say..with The Marriage Supper Of The Lamb. Imagery conjures up a big long table with lots of food with Jesus one end and God the other end the Holy Spirit pouring the wine!o_O

God has to talk to us in picture images .because the spiritual realm is above and beyond our comprehension.. the "mansions and pictures "are not real... it is like us humans trying to "speak mouse" but the mouse can not understand it.. Gods way of communicating His realm to us is visionary and by the Spirit.
"Done and dusted" = when all is said and done...finished.

Is it even possible for us to comprehend when the word Heaven means?
We know that there are more than one...the book says so.
Three or more for sure. Paul caught up to the third heaven..I cannot for one moment believe that he entered Gods "Throne Room"...the only one who has ever entered there is Jesus Christ...and then He sat down.

Maybe it is a silly thread...it was just bbyrd009's comments here and then .. If he is so sure that there are no mansions or parties etc..he must have some idea about what he believes it will be . :)

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well...it's not called glory for nothing! :)
But as one who has already experienced leaving "here" in the spirit, I have to say, it was more real than what we now experience, but similar, at least in appearance. !
I compare it to Toronto..."So clean!" :D
But , really ....crisp, crystal clear...prob a way to communicate it is like seeing color Tv in the 70s with an antennae and then seeing HD on a 3D big screen now....quite a difference.
Yes, more *real than here.

Reactions: ScottA

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But as one who has already experienced leaving "here" in the spirit, I have to say, it was more real than what we now experience, but similar, at least in appearance.
Mind you, my experience was relative to me, and so I believe that the set of heaven is manifest from within - just as Christ said, "The kingdom of God is within you." Then, I think I can fill in the blanks, by adding: no more tears, no more pain, no more darkness - but joy, peace, love, and goodness - and music...forever. Amen!

I agree Scott that it is all very similar to what we know now...but is that not because we are still 'us' and not glorified...again, because we can only compare with what we know now?
But later when we become what we will become...I wonder what.

I feel that God in His love has us comfortable when we change realms so He made it similar with things that we can relate to. ( River, flowers, trees, blue sky..) But I don't for one moment think that it will stay with relatable things.
Humm now you have me thinking...just maybe He made Eden relatable to Heaven..a lower form...
..yes, I must think more on this ...

Reactions: ScottA

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what u are aiming for now...let's see later if I could put it into words. ☺

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I do believe that our loved ones are somewhere doing something.
And Samuel said to Saul: Why hast thou disturbed my rest, that I should be brought up?
Is it even possible for us to comprehend when the word Heaven means?
when the kingdom is within you, rather than beside you, should be a good when to find first imo