The Hell Doctrine - No doctrinal unity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually it's quite easy. Mk 16 He that believeth not shall be DAMNED! And that ain't good!
True, it ain't good. And to what does scripture say they are damned to??
Romans 6:23.
Being damned because He doesn't believe means to be deprived of life. In other words, they die. No need to give them eternal life or immortality in order to substantiate a made up torment they lasts *forever".

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, it ain't good. And to what does scripture say they are damned to??
Romans 6:23.
Being damned because He doesn't believe means to be deprived of life. In other words, they die. No need to give them eternal life or immortality in order to substantiate a made up torment they lasts *forever".
You don't believe in eternal life?

Matthew 25
46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
KJV 1 Samuel 1:22
22 But Hannah went not up; for she said unto her husband, I will not go up until the child be weaned, and then I will bring him, that he may appear before the LORD, and there abide for ever.

KJV Jonah 2:6
6 I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God.

Isaiah 34:10 It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke thereof shall go up for ever: from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it for ever and ever.‭

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV 1 Samuel 1:22
22 But Hannah went not up; for she said unto her husband, I will not go up until the child be weaned, and then I will bring him, that he may appear before the LORD, and there abide for ever.

KJV Jonah 2:6
6 I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God.

Isaiah 34:10 It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke thereof shall go up for ever: from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it for ever and ever.‭
Those are not the same Greek word for eternal. You're being evasive.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can anyone burn forever in the lake of fire unless they are given eternal life?
For God's so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16.
KJV 1 John 5:12
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Your insistence on eternal torment utterly contradicts the most well known verse in scripture,
He that hath not the Son, hath not life.

I do not understand how blind people can be when they desire so much to make God in their own image. Even to the point of believing the complete opposite to what scripture declares so openly and so plainly.
Christianity is not about what you like or what you can understand.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will give you just 2 answers that refute the above...
Ezekiel...KJV Ezekiel 18:4
4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

KJV Romans 6:23
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Jesus is the propitiation for sin. He died in our place. He did not suffer eternal torment.
The neat thing is that you can have a personal reality, but out here in the real world the Bible proves a fiery eternal Hell and all of Christian history believes in a fiery eternal Hell.

Reactions: Jack

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell is done away with due to resuurection.

The new place is outside of the kingdom or inside.

Lake of fire as engulfed death, and hades, satan, beast and false prophet in revelation 20.

People have a part in the fire - but not forever.

We have a part of fire through baptism today, but not forever?

God is an all consuming Fire.

What does that mean though?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell will be filled with BILLIONS of people who don't believe in Hell.

Revelation 20
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Those are not the same Greek word for eternal. You're being evasive.
From Jonah 2:6 αἰώνιος
Root word: αἰώνιος, ία, ιον

Strong Number: 166

Word Category: Adjective

Short Definition: agelong, eternal

Definition: age-long, and therefore: practically eternal, unending; partaking of the character of that which lasts for an age, as contrasted with that which is brief and fleeting.

Strong's Definition
From αἰών; perpetual (also used of past time, or past and future as well) -- eternal, for ever, everlasting, world (began).

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From Jonah 2:6 αἰώνιος
Root word: αἰώνιος, ία, ιον

Strong Number: 166

Word Category: Adjective

Short Definition: agelong, eternal

Definition: age-long, and therefore: practically eternal, unending; partaking of the character of that which lasts for an age, as contrasted with that which is brief and fleeting.

Strong's Definition
From αἰών; perpetual (also used of past time, or past and future as well) -- eternal, for ever, everlasting, world (began).
So you don't believe in eternal life?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christianity is not about what you like or what you can understand.
Correct. It's about what the holy Spirit communicates... Spiritual things are spiritually discerned. You guys believe you have the correct understanding of hell... Obviously... But you fail dismally to understand who God is,, because your understanding of hell is at odds with the revealed nature in scripture regarding the character of God. What you fellas believe of God and His will regarding sinners, borders on blasphemy. I have long considered the doctrine of eternal torment to be the gravest insult to the character of God.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys believe you have the correct understanding of hell..
Dude it is not just us...It is Christ, the Apostles, the disciples of the Apostles, the early Christian writers, The Ecumenical Councils, the Coptic Church, The Catholic Church, the Greek Orthodox Church, Martin Luther and all of the Protestant Reform and today 99.999999999999% of Protestant denominations.

You are shot as a Christian have you ever considered converting to Judaism....they do not believe in Hell.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm saying that the word you translate as meaning eternal is to be understood contextually. Do you believe Jonah was under the water for eternity?
So you don't believe in eternal life. Or do you pick and choose the parts you like?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you refuse to answer my question. Did Jonah stay in the whale for ever?
Your question is evading the NT "eternal".

Matthew 25
46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Same Greek word!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is Christ,
Who taught that sinners would die, and not live for ever. But will you actually read the scripture and believe it?
KJV Genesis 2:16-17
16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

KJV Genesis 3:22-24
22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Or will you continue to believe rather the words of Satan, and use his lie as the authority for your beliefs?

KJV Genesis 3:4
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

KJV Luke 24:25
25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken
:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Your question is evading the NT "eternal".​

Matthew 25
46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Same Greek word!
Correct. Eternal punishment. Death. The wages of sin is death.
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. And death is eternal if there is no resurrection. And there is no resurrection from the second death or hope of any life for sinners.
There is no continual punishing. You are not listening to even wanting to understand the truth of scripture. You are way too determined to paint God in your own image and likeness.