The Holy Spirit By Any Other Name

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why do you think the Holy Spirit was not given a name?

Do you think it is better phrased, Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost?

Why do you think that Christ had to leave before the Holy Spirit could come?

Can a Pentecost like event happen again?

Do you believe that the Holy Spirit was around in the Old Testament?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

His name is Holy Spirit.

Either Holy Ghost is another one of his names.

Jesus never left.

Happens everyday.

Absolutely

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spirit is like fire. You can take a burning coal from the central fire and it is still fire. Angels are said to be of fire. While they sometimes are given names, often that suggests the roles they play; but they are part of God just as the spirit of man can be. The problem with man is that "fire" can go out. The Spirit can go elsewhere if the altar of the heart is not kept burning. If the Holy Spirit is in someone, it's the same fire that angels are, there is only one Fire although it may seem otherwise because of the separation of space.

I don't mind either.

Two reasons I can think of. First, his disciples were used to leaning on him. That is good for a while when people are learning and growing; but there comes a point when they need to mature and become more like their teacher. A proper teacher will never keep his students stalled spiritually under his tutelage. His goal is to get them to the point where they can see things for themselves, where they no longer depend on him so much. Faith is replaced by knowing.

Secondly, Jesus could accomplish more by going to Heaven and having the Holy Spirit guide the Apostles than by staying on the earth as one person, trying to "do it all" by himself. Truly the Apostles did greater works than Jesus. Look at the numbers. There was 120 disciples of Jesus at Pentecost in the Upper Room; and how many converts did they get the first day? By promoting the disciples, Jesus could move up too into a position of more authority.

I don't know. In theory, yes, but I don't know.

Yes. I see it going where it could work. It does not impose itself on anyone. If the Sacred Flames go out on the altar of the heart, that person remains carnal or unspiritual unless it is relighted. It can be relighted by more than one way of receiving the Flames in the form of fire; but it can also be relighted by receiving the Divine Light. The Light comes down, the Flames go up. Fire and light are the same thing.

I believe there was a big obstacle in the world to men receiving Light. Men preferred darkness, and in general it remained that way for centuries since the Spirit never imposes itself. Very few people could receive Light directly from Heaven. Jesus overcame that obstacle somehow. Not only was he able to be born to a virgin, bringing Light into the world that way, he was also able to light every man that comes into the world. Thus there was a big shift in man's consciousness even where no missionaries went. When the world was ready, Messiah came.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spirit is like fire. You can take a burning coal from the central fire and it is still fire. Angels are said to be of fire. While they sometimes are given names, often that suggests the roles they play; but they are part of God just as the spirit of man can be. The problem with man is that "fire" can go out. The Spirit can go elsewhere if the altar of the heart is not kept burning. If the Holy Spirit is in someone, it's the same fire that angels are, there is only one Fire although it may seem otherwise because of the separation of space.

I don't mind either.

Two reasons I can think of. First, his disciples were used to leaning on him. That is good for a while when people are learning and growing; but there comes a point when they need to mature and become more like their teacher. A proper teacher will never keep his students stalled spiritually under his tutelage. His goal is to get them to the point where they can see things for themselves, where they no longer depend on him so much. Faith is replaced by knowing.

Secondly, Jesus could accomplish more by going to Heaven and having the Holy Spirit guide the Apostles than by staying on the earth as one person, trying to "do it all" by himself. Truly the Apostles did greater works than Jesus. Look at the numbers. There was 120 disciples of Jesus at Pentecost in the Upper Room; and how many converts did they get the first day? By promoting the disciples, Jesus could move up too into a position of more authority.

I don't know. In theory, yes, but I don't know.

Yes. I see it going where it could work. It does not impose itself on anyone. If the Sacred Flames go out on the altar of the heart, that person remains carnal or unspiritual unless it is relighted. It can be relighted by more than one way of receiving the Flames in the form of fire; but it can also be relighted by receiving the Divine Light. The Light comes down, the Flames go up. Fire and light are the same thing.

I believe there was a big obstacle in the world to men receiving Light. Men preferred darkness, and in general it remained that way for centuries since the Spirit never imposes itself. Very few people could receive Light directly from Heaven. Jesus overcame that obstacle somehow. Not only was he able to be born to a virgin, bringing Light into the world that way, he was also able to light every man that comes into the world. Thus there was a big shift in man's consciousness even where no missionaries went. When the world was ready, Messiah came.

That you a bunch. We can let some of others offer their thoughts and we will discuss this further. Just so everyone knows, I am requesting thoughts, I am not pushing any one belief.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In the book of John, after the last supper, Jesus has a private conversation with the apostles...

John 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
[8] Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
[9] Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;
[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

We read that the world cannot see the Holy Spirit, nor does the world know him. Jesus then said "But ye know him". How do the apostles know him? he was not yet sent! Jesus is saying that the one standing here talking to you is the one that will be in you. The one standing here talking to you is the Holy Ghost that will be in you.

Jesus was on earth, under the ministry of redemption. It was expedient that he must first leave so that the Comforter (Holy Spirit) may come. Jesus had to finish the ministry of Redemption, so that he comes back under a new ministry, that of Regeneration (Jesus in us). And which began on the day of Pentecost and continues to this very day.

Spirit of Jesus:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Ephesians 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
[16] That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
[17] That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

1 Peter 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
[20] Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

1 John 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

Thank you,
God bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the book of John, after the last supper, Jesus has a private conversation with the apostles...

John 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
[8] Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
[9] Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;
[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

We read that the world cannot see the Holy Spirit, nor does the world know him. Jesus then said "But ye know him". How do the apostles know him? he was not yet sent! Jesus is saying that the one standing here talking to you is the one that will be in you. The one standing here talking to you is the Holy Ghost that will be in you.

Jesus was on earth, under the ministry of redemption. It was expedient that he must first leave so that the Comforter (Holy Spirit) may come. Jesus had to finish the ministry of Redemption, so that he comes back under a new ministry, that of Regeneration (Jesus in us). And which began on the day of Pentecost and continues to this very day.

Spirit of Jesus:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Ephesians 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
[16] That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
[17] That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

1 Peter 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
[20] Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

1 John 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

Thank you,
God bless!

Thanks...welcome aboard....God Bless

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps we only need to know God? There is only one God, so how many names are needed?

"And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them." Ex 6:2-3

Or, What is it? Or perhaps, Who is it?

"And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the LORD hath given you to eat." Ex 16:15

In my English KJV Bible NT both are used in different places. In Spanish in the NT only Espíritu Santo is used for both Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost. In German in the NT only Heiligen Geist is used for both Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost. The Espíritu and the Spirit stem from this:

Spirit:
The English word "spirit" comes from the Latin spiritus, but also "spirit, soul, courage, vigor", ultimately from a Proto-Indo-European *(s)peis. It is distinguished from Latin anima, " soul " (which nonetheless also derives from an Indo-European root meaning "to breathe", earliest form *h 2 enh 1 -)

Ghost:
From Middle English gost, gast, from Old English gāst (“breath, soul, spirit, ghost, being”), from Proto-Germanic *gaistaz (“ghost, spirit”), from Proto-Indo-European *ǵʰéysd-os, from *ǵʰéysd- (“anger, agitation”). Cognate with Scots ghaist (“ghost”), Saterland Frisian Gäist (“spirit”), West Frisian geast (“spirit”), Dutch geest (“spirit, mind, ghost”), German Geist (“spirit, mind, intellect”), Swedish gast (“ghost”), Sanskrit हेड (héḍa, “anger, hatred”), Persian زشت‎ (zešt, “ugly, hateful, d...

They both read well to me when I am reading my Bibles

Jesus spoke of another Comforter yet in the OT it is written of the problem of having no Comforter at all:

"So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; and on the side of their oppressors there was power; but they had no comforter." Ecc 4:1

"For these things I weep; mine eye, mine eye runneth down with water, because the comforter that should relieve my soul is far from me: my children are desolate, because the enemy prevailed.
Zion spreadeth forth her hands, and there is none to comfort her: the LORD hath commanded concerning Jacob, that his adversaries should be round about him: Jerusalem is as a menstruous woman among them." Lament 1:16-17

But there is a promise of a Comforter to come:

"As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem." Isaiah 66:13

Then the fulfillment and a promise to never leave us comfortless:

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter [Jesus, in the flesh, being the first Comforter], that he may abide with you for ever;" John 14:16

"Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." John 14:17-18

This is the promise of God Himself. From no direct comfort to an unending Comfort. From the direct comfort of Jesus walking in the flesh with his followers, to the direct comfort for those who would remain and those yet to come with the ever present Spirit of the Truth, the Comforter, the Holy Ghost in us. Call them different persons or manifestations or whatever one will, it is all from God, who ultimately is the Comforter.

As often as someone takes hold of the promise made here:

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." Acts 2:38-39

The only limit on reoccurrence would be that no one else is left who is willing to go ahead with the repentance and the baptism indicated by Peter's words.

David certainly seemed to think so, so much so that he expressed concern about losing what he had:

"Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy Holy Spirit from me." Psalm 51:11

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps we only need to know God? There is only one God, so how many names are needed?

"And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them." Ex 6:2-3

Or, What is it? Or perhaps, Who is it?

"And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the LORD hath given you to eat." Ex 16:15

In my English KJV Bible NT both are used in different places. In Spanish in the NT only Espíritu Santo is used for both Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost. In German in the NT only Heiligen Geist is used for both Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost. The Espíritu and the Spirit stem from this:

Spirit:
The English word "spirit" comes from the Latin spiritus, but also "spirit, soul, courage, vigor", ultimately from a Proto-Indo-European *(s)peis. It is distinguished from Latin anima, " soul " (which nonetheless also derives from an Indo-European root meaning "to breathe", earliest form *h 2 enh 1 -)

Ghost:
From Middle English gost, gast, from Old English gāst (“breath, soul, spirit, ghost, being”), from Proto-Germanic *gaistaz (“ghost, spirit”), from Proto-Indo-European *ǵʰéysd-os, from *ǵʰéysd- (“anger, agitation”). Cognate with Scots ghaist (“ghost”), Saterland Frisian Gäist (“spirit”), West Frisian geast (“spirit”), Dutch geest (“spirit, mind, ghost”), German Geist (“spirit, mind, intellect”), Swedish gast (“ghost”), Sanskrit हेड (héḍa, “anger, hatred”), Persian زشت‎ (zešt, “ugly, hateful, d...

They both read well to me when I am reading my Bibles

Jesus spoke of another Comforter yet in the OT it is written of the problem of having no Comforter at all:

"So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; and on the side of their oppressors there was power; but they had no comforter." Ecc 4:1

"For these things I weep; mine eye, mine eye runneth down with water, because the comforter that should relieve my soul is far from me: my children are desolate, because the enemy prevailed.
Zion spreadeth forth her hands, and there is none to comfort her: the LORD hath commanded concerning Jacob, that his adversaries should be round about him: Jerusalem is as a menstruous woman among them." Lament 1:16-17

But there is a promise of a Comforter to come:

"As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem." Isaiah 66:13

Then the fulfillment and a promise to never leave us comfortless:

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter [Jesus, in the flesh, being the first Comforter], that he may abide with you for ever;" John 14:16

"Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." John 14:17-18

This is the promise of God Himself. From no direct comfort to an unending Comfort. From the direct comfort of Jesus walking in the flesh with his followers, to the direct comfort for those who would remain and those yet to come with the ever present Spirit of the Truth, the Comforter, the Holy Ghost in us. Call them different persons or manifestations or whatever one will, it is all from God, who ultimately is the Comforter.

As often as someone takes hold of the promise made here:

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." Acts 2:38-39

The only limit on reoccurrence would be that no one else is left who is willing to go ahead with the repentance and the baptism indicated by Peter's words.

David certainly seemed to think so, so much so that he expressed concern about losing what he had:

"Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy Holy Spirit from me." Psalm 51:11

Thank you so much for that response, amadeus.

Reactions: amadeus

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Perhaps so it wouldn't be easy to blaspheme him.

Or just capital 'S' Spirit. I typically use Holy Spirit, if I think it may be unclear.

I believe he was in the world, particularly in the Holy of Holies, even as Jesus said this. However he was referring to the indwelling Spirit, which only started at Pentecost. Or was speaking eternally, that the Holy Spirit would not have come should he not lay down his life, and all contact with God would have been severed after the fall. Either way the redemption plan needed to be carried out.

Yes, with God anything is possible.

Yes

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps so it wouldn't be easy to blaspheme him.

Or just capital 'S' Spirit. I typically use Holy Spirit, if I think it may be unclear.

I believe he was in the world, particularly in the Holy of Holies, even as Jesus said this. However he was referring to the indwelling Spirit, which only started at Pentecost. Or was speaking eternally, that the Holy Spirit would not have come should he not lay down his life, and all contact with God would have been severed after the fall. Either way the redemption plan needed to be carried out.

Yes, with God anything is possible.

Yes

Thanks for the reply, I think the admins should chime in a little more. As far as the name, if they called Peter, Good Human it might raise a few questions. Then there is the question; could they all be called spirits? The term Holy Spirit tends to suggest to some that the Holy Spirit is not really an equal member of the Trinity. Agree or disagree, when you travel around to different churches note how much less praise and worship is given to the Holy Spirit...songs and mentioning. Even in the Bible with the greetings and such, the Holy Spirit gets left out 1st Corinthians...Paul called as an apostle of Jesus Christ by will of God. 2nd Corinthians...Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Galatians.....but through Jesus Christ, and God the Father. etc Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 and 2nd Thessalonians, 1 and 2nd Timothy. Not that there are no exceptions, but mentioned much less as well as the lack of information about the Holy Spirit. So little is known, that some think it is crazy if the Holy Spirit is active in churches. So it makes me wonder, if not having a name, contributed to some of this. Between being called a Spirit in some translation and Ghost in some, it contributes to those believing that the Holy Spirit is not a God....a spirit rather than an equal God in the Trinity.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"God" works.
In our modern understanding: Spirit.
"Come" is perhaps the wrong term, better understood as "given." Thus, the Holy Spirit was not given except to the begotten. Only One is begotten of God, meaning we must be "in Christ."
That would have to assume that it has stopped, but it has not. But it only happens once.
Yes, of course, He is God...and God was indeed around. But the Holy Spirit was not "given' to men, but rather, "the spirit of God came upon" men.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"God" works.

In our modern understanding: Spirit.

"Come" is perhaps the wrong term, better understood as "given." Thus, the Holy Spirit was not given except to the begotten. Only One is begotten of God, meaning we must be "in Christ."

That would have to assume that it has stopped, but it has not. But it only happens once.

Yes, of course, He is God...and God was indeed around. But the Holy Spirit was not "given' to men, but rather, "the spirit of God came upon" men.

Thank you for your response. Come...given both are correct in application...I used the word come because it appears in Christ's description.

Reactions: ScottA

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he have a name, his name is JESUS, because he came in "ANOTHER" form, Spirit, scripture,
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you". BINGO, he just told us that he is the comforter, the Holy Spirit. when he, the COMFORTER, the Lord JESUS came the first time, he came in "FLESH", see Luke 2:25, and look up the word " consolation" there. and also notice, he's the Spirit of "TRUTH". is not the Lod JESUS the "TRUTH?". he also tells us who he is as "MEDIATOR", see 1John 2:1 and Look up "advocate" and see what it means.

LAST, THE LORD Jesus cannot lie ..... right. so who sent the "comforter?". let the bible speak,
John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:. now this, John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you". ok, from these two verses where the Lord JESUS is speaking, "Who sent the Comforter". please read those verses again, then answer yourself.

Hope this helps.

PICJAG.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he have a name, his name is JESUS, because he came in "ANOTHER" form, Spirit, scripture,
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you". BINGO, he just told us that he is the comforter, the Holy Spirit. when he, the COMFORTER, the Lord JESUS came the first time, he came in "FLESH", see Luke 2:25, and look up the word " consolation" there. and also notice, he's the Spirit of "TRUTH". is not the Lod JESUS the "TRUTH?". he also tells us who he is as "MEDIATOR", see 1John 2:1 and Look up "advocate" and see what it means.

LAST, THE LORD Jesus cannot lie ..... right. so who sent the "comforter?". let the bible speak,
John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:. now this, John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you". ok, from these two verses where the Lord JESUS is speaking, "Who sent the Comforter". please read those verses again, then answer yourself.

Hope this helps.

PICJAG.

That is cool, I get the idea.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He is called many things but maybe he doesn't have a name so as not to be equal with Jesus.
Is he even a he? Lol
I never say Holy Ghost.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because JESUS would be the name above all names, and the only name by which men could be saved.
They can be used interchangeably, and are equally good.
The Holy Spirit could only be poured out upon the earth after the New Covenant was established through the finished work of Christ. And in order to confirm that, Christ was to be resurrected, ascended, and exalted in Heaven. Both the Father and the Son would send the Holy Ghost.
No. But the impact of Pentecost will be seen again when Israel is saved after the Second coming of Christ. Joel's prophecy was partially fulfilled, but will be completely fulfilled later.
That goes without saying. He was there since creation.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because JESUS would be the name above all names, and the only name by which men could be saved.

They can be used interchangeably, and are equally good.

The Holy Spirit could only be poured out upon the earth after the New Covenant was established through the finished work of Christ. And in order to confirm that, Christ was to be resurrected, ascended, and exalted in Heaven. Both the Father and the Son would send the Holy Ghost.

No. But the impact of Pentecost will be seen again when Israel is saved after the Second coming of Christ. Joel's prophecy was partially fulfilled, but will be completely fulfilled later.

That goes without saying. He was there since creation.

Thank you for sharing your thought. Much appreciated.