The Holy Spirit ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I do fully understand because I have seeing Him (Jesus) and have seeing God, and have received my testimony from God, and no He is not teh devil for I have seeing him too, even teh spirit of death. Why do you limit God so..

this is utterly and totally unacceptable - it seems you are demanding that we believe you and not the bible - even Moses was told he could not see God in all His glory but only His backside - presumably you had a full frontal - even the Apostles at the transfiguration could not see Him in all His glory as God but fell down and hid their faces - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is utterly and totally unacceptable - it seems you are demanding that we believe you and not the bible - even Moses was told he could not see God in all His glory but only His backside - presumably you had a full frontal - even the Apostles at the transfiguration could not see Him in all His glory as God but fell down and hid their faces - twinc
You have been doing what you accuse another of for years twinc. You believe you are right and only ask confusing questions instead of trying to clearly explain your point of view. Yet you insist that people simply say "yea" to you. It is OK for you but not for anyone else.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
was told he could not see God in all His glory but only His backside - presumably you had a full frontal - even the Apostles at the transfiguration could not see Him in all His glory as God but fell down and hid their faces
You lack understanding my friend......He can appear in more than one form, and there are many examples even in the Bible of Jesus doing just that, AFTER His resurrection....The transfiguration was BEFORE His resurrection.......How do you think the disciples saw Him after His death? Mary, Thomas, the strangers on the road whom Jesus ended up sharing a meal with at their house ? ALL AFTER his death and resurrection.....if you're going to spit, whatever it is you're spitting at others, at least read your Bible, and don't deny our Lords abilities.....In fact don't deny our Lord! He can do whatever he pleases, and you are most certainly not going to stop Him, by your unbelief....perhaps it will stop it in YOUR life, but DON'T try to get others to deny Him with you , that I believe is definitely NOT a good thing to do...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No you just have no idea what Jesus did on that cross, it wasnt just for your sins, but thats what you get when you put the dead letter before the living word.

Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

You by the works of Christ have access to Jesus and God, as to whether you desire that or not is your decision.

I stand at teh door knocking. comes to mind. So few let Him in, and even than He doesnt get very far.

So you believe the bible, do you believer God ???

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do fully understand because I have seeing Him (Jesus) and have seeing God, and have received my testimony from God, and no He is not teh devil for I have seeing him too, even teh spirit of death. Why do you limit God so..

You teach that all Scripture is not God-Breathed (contradictions); that you have full understanding of God; that you meet face to face with your personal Jesus who teaches you the truth; that all churches are corrupt and man-made. You proclaim "another Jesus" as 2nd.Corinthians:11 warns us:

4. "For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!"

I wonder why this forum allows you to be called Christian.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imho the H/S was promised to the Apostles only for a very good reason that does not apply to us for a very good reason imho
Gross ERROR, Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call". question, is God calling people to him today? yes, so the Holy Spirit is for all he calls. and the CALLED one is the church.

Peace in Christ Jesus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
is the H/S the voice of God that no one has heard or can hear[Jn 5:37 & 6:46] or 14:17 - imho the H/S was promised to the Apostles only for a very good reason that does not apply to us for a very good reason imho - btw the very ones who proclaim loudest and longest that we should not quench the Holy Spirit are the very ones who have and are quenching the H/S - twinc

Back to the OP.
I am so glad that you wrote imho because that is all it is..your opinion!
Not one of us could call ourselves Christians if we had not heard God's Voice calling us to Him.

So your argument is a bucket with holes in it!

How would YOU know who is, or who is not "quenching the Holy Spirit"... because you yourself just said that NO ONE HAS HEARD HIS VOICE!! o_O ( and that must include you! )

If there is no voice to be heard, HOW on earth can it be quenched!! :rolleyes:

What a strange bag or marbles..

Reactions: amadeus and 101G

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Back to the OP.
I am so glad that you wrote imho because that is all it is..your opinion!
Not one of us could call ourselves Christians if we had not heard God's Voice calling us to Him.

So your argument is a bucket with holes in it!

How would YOU know who is, or who is not "quenching the Holy Spirit"... because you yourself just said that NO ONE HAS HEARD HIS VOICE!! o_O ( and that must include you! )

If there is no voice to be heard, HOW on earth can it be quenched!! :rolleyes:

What a strange bag or marbles..

what marbles are you talking about - most have lost their marbles on the broad road - everyone claiming to have heard his voice speaking with forked tongues whereas Jesus clearly said my sheep hear my voice - so who or what or where are his sheep and who was told to and is feeding them - His voice is crystal clear for those with ears to hear - Christianity is full of inspired/infallible Popes and only the Pope and Catholics are not inspired or guided - twinc

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Gross ERROR, Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call". question, is God calling people to him today? yes, so the Holy Spirit is for all he calls. and the CALLED one is the church.

Peace in Christ Jesus
No wonder christianity is such a mess

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God's Holy Spirit is always calling drawing people to The Father through Jesus...without the touch of the Holy Spirit upon us our eyes and ears we could never have heard of seen The Truth..He is still active today! Fully active..
Yet there is by scripture showing that there is a difference between the touch of the Spirit upon our life and the Spirit dwelling within. If it were not so, Paul would never have said:-
Acts 19:2 "He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost."

Since... shows very strongly of a second experience with the Holy Spirit..one after the salvation experience.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is the H/S the voice of God that no one has heard or can hear[Jn 5:37 & 6:46] or 14:17 - imho the H/S was promised to the Apostles only for a very good reason that does not apply to us for a very good reason imho - btw the very ones who proclaim loudest and longest that we should not quench the Holy Spirit are the very ones who have and are quenching the H/S - twinc
good topic, but misunderstood. John 5:37 "And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape". hearing his voice is not physical, but in obedience. scripture, Hebrews 3:7 "Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)". here, clearly, the Holy Spirit just told us that he spoke, but we didn't hear, meaning obey. let's give an example. when growing up our parents may have ask us to take out the trash, and we didn't. did we not "HEAR" our parents, but we failed to obey. read Hebrews 3:7-11 again. if you didn't get it there, well here is clear evidence that they did hear. verse 15 "While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation. For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses. But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?". they did hear his voice.
- imho the H/S was promised to the Apostles only for a very good reason that does not apply to us for a very good reason imho
can't buy that assessment. scripture, Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call". the promise is the Holy Spirit. so, is God still calling people unto himself today? yes, well the Holy Spirit is for us today.

hope that helped.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
good topic, but misunderstood. John 5:37 "And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape". hearing his voice is not physical, but in obedience. scripture, Hebrews 3:7 "Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)". here, clearly, the Holy Spirit just told us that he spoke, but we didn't hear, meaning obey. let's give an example. when growing up our parents may have ask us to take out the trash, and we didn't. did we not "HEAR" our parents, but we failed to obey. read Hebrews 3:7-11 again. if you didn't get it there, well here is clear evidence that they did hear. verse 15 "While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation. For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses. But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?". they did hear his voice.

can't buy that assessment. scripture, Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call". the promise is the Holy Spirit. so, is God still calling people unto himself today? yes, well the Holy Spirit is for us today.

hope that helped.

no help at all - just confusion to confusion imho - my sheep hear my voice[Lk 10:16] = so who are His sheep and how do they hear His voice[Jn 10:27] and are fed by Him[Jn 21:16-17] - twinc

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my sheep hear my voice[Lk 10:16]
No help, or is it no understanding on your part? my sheep is the Lord Jesus in flesh. the Holy Spirit have no flesh. did you not read Hebrews 3:7-11. it's very clear.

but no argument.

peace in Christ Jesus.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
No help, or is it no understanding on your part? my sheep is the Lord Jesus in flesh. the Holy Spirit have no flesh. did you not read Hebrews 3:7-11. it's very clear.

but no argument.

peace in Christ Jesus.

how can my sheep be the Lord Jesus Christ but only the lamb of God - you are mistaken and misled and misleading for this was not addressed to us as is clearly seen at 3:16-17 - twinc

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how can my sheep be the Lord Jesus Christ but only the lamb of God - you are mistaken and misled and misleading for this was not addressed to us as is clearly seen at 3:16-17
my mistake, writing to fast. so let me get it right. the sheep is God's people. and they hear/OBEY his voice. BUT YOU DID GET THIS, RIGHT. the Lord Jesus the Christ is God the Holy Spirit in flesh. the Holy Spirit have no flesh. understand now.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@twinc, before you ask, another question without knowledge. understand that the Lord Jesus the "CHRIST" is the differentiation of the Holy Spirit in flesh.