The Holy Spirit ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God is spirit, we are informed, and while God spoke The Holy spirit is said to have been hovering over the face of the deep, (waiting for God to speak forth His Word, so that He could act on it ) as we see many examples of in the N.T.
Jesus, the Son of Man , received this most Holy Spirit, sent from the Father, to be with Him and in Him....
So how can Jesus be The Holy Spirit or vise versa ? Jesus is described as The Word made flesh, not the Holy Spirit made flesh....

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
God is spirit, we are informed, and while God spoke The Holy spirit is said to have been hovering over the face of the deep, (waiting for God to speak forth His Word, so that He could act on it ) as we see many examples of in the N.T.
Jesus, the Son of Man , received this most Holy Spirit, sent from the Father, to be with Him and in Him....
So how can Jesus be The Holy Spirit or vise versa ? Jesus is described as The Word made flesh, not the Holy Spirit made flesh....
more a description of Offices than differences/similarities, maybe.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@pia, you asked, "So how can Jesus be The Holy Spirit or vise versa ? Jesus is described as The Word made flesh, not the Holy Spirit made flesh". first let me ask you a question, "what was the word before he became flesh". not asking for an argument, but for edification. once you answer, then we can precede

peace in Christ Jesus.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@pia, you asked, "So how can Jesus be The Holy Spirit or vise versa ? Jesus is described as The Word made flesh, not the Holy Spirit made flesh". first let me ask you a question, "what was the word before he became flesh". not asking for an argument, but for edification. once you answer, then we can precede

peace in Christ Jesus.
I truly do not know, but because of how John writes about it, I accept that 'He' was with God ......Unless I get told otherwise :)

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
more a description of Offices than differences/similarities, maybe.
If Jesus was already The Holy Spirit, how could He have received the Holy spirit when He was 30 years old ? Can't quite get my head around this one :)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I truly do not know, but because of how John writes about it, I accept that 'He' was with God ......Unless I get told otherwise :)
this is correct, in John 1:1 the WORD is God and God is "A" Spirit (see John 4:24a). remember it's only one Spirit. and the Lord Jesus before his diversity or sharing of himself in flesh, is the Spirit. the same Spirit that moved upon the face of the waters in Genesis 1:2. the same Spirit that created every in Genesis 1:1 the same Spirit that made everything afterward. the same Spirit that is called LORD, Lord God, and the Holy One in the OT, and many other titles. understand pia, Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit, as the son in flesh, and he is God, the Holy Spirit, as Father without flesh. see it now. there is only one Spirit and that one Spirit is the Lord Jesus. scripture, 2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty". this verse is very clear as to who the Lord is, and Jesus is Lord, meaning he's God. the apostle Thomas said it best, "my Lord and My God".
If Jesus was already The Holy Spirit, how could He have received the Holy spirit when He was 30 years old ? Can't quite get my head around this one
simple, Hebrews 2:9 "But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man". now if he was made lower, meaning (MADE FLESH, WITH BLOOD< THAT HE COULD DIE A NATURAL DEATH) then that mean he was higher, and since it's God, the angels, and us and he was higher that the angels, that mean only one thing, he's God. the book of Philippians chapter 2 verses 6-8 bare this out. now about him receiving the Holy Spirit, remember he was made......a little Lower than the angels, meaning he had on flesh and blood. that blood have no power, just like us today. so he received power, setting the example for us. because we was WITHOUT POWER until, scripture, John 1:12 "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name". now your answer, as a MAN in order to recieve, he can give. listen to the record. Romans 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned". BY ONE MAN, now listen, Romans 5:15 "But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many". so as being a man, he can GIVE the FREE GIFT, because he as a man he received it. it was by a man that the Spirit wouldn't strive or be with man, so by one MAN many may receive the promise gift, the Holy Spirit of LIFE, by a man, Jesus the Christ. this is why God took on flesh. I hope that helped you to get it around your head. as sin by one man, so is the free gift by one man.

diversity is very simple. the Lord Jesus is just "ANOTHER" of himself shared in a different form as a man, yes, the ONE MAN. that's why he is called Emmanuel, being interpreted, God/the Holy Spirit with us. the question, "how was God with us?". by being in FLESH with blood as we are, that's how. the Holy Spirit is the ONLY person in the Godhead, and by being, meaning sharing himself in flesh, he holds the titles of Father, without flesh, and son with flesh, see it now. not two persons, but the same person diversified, or as the Greeks say, he is the G243 allos of himself in flesh, as a man. G243 allos means "ANOTHER" of the same nature. see, God is not separate, nor divided. he gave us his image "Adam/mankind" and Adam/mankind can be translated as "ANOTHER" ............ of himself. as another of himself he Father and the another in flesh is son.

tommorrow pia, we will see the Holy Spirit in flesh, yes, in flesh, hence the reason for "ANOTHER" comforter. be reading up on John chapter 14.

if need be, re-read this post again for clarity. until then be blessed.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
if need be, re-read this post again for clarity. until then be blessed
Thank you for taking the time with all of this....I am still not as sure as you are though, as it also mentions in Revelation that God has 7 spirits ( at His disposal, I'm guessing ).
Also if they had both been one, I should not have had two separate experiences....One when first encountering Him and one when becoming aware of the Holy Spirit and receiving Him, by my accepting this wonderful gift.....Once receiving The Holy Spirit, all the things He had said to me, started to come back into very sharp focus for me ( this was almost 6 years later).
Whichever way is the Truth, since Jesus made a point many times, that He and the Father are One, we shouldn't really differentiate anyway...
I do thank you again, and I will most likely have to read your post several times, and have the Bible ready also...I will certainly also ask in prayer, for understanding.....
Blessings in Him.............Pia

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. pia, first, I thank my God that you responded the way you did, and I thank you for that. please understand I'm not trying to tear down anyone and or their beliefs ok, but the mechanism in which we believe alright, simply put edification. please understand that the Lord Jesus is REAL, U and I believe this, and we believe he is ONE, the titles is the sticking point, Father and Son. and the bigger problem, on my side, is in the explaining of it, that they are "ONE". which I'm about to attempt to do. follow me step by step. but let me first answer your questions while I do this. you asked,
#1. "in Revelation that God has 7 spirits". not 7 different spirits but one Spirit that have 7 functions. here in Revelation 7 means complete, it's the same Spirit, follow the green. supportive scripture. 1 Corinthians 12:1-6 "Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant. Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all". diversities simply means numerical, numerical, different, but not in nature.

the apostle list seven (numerical) gifts or functions of the SAME Spirit, and from theses gifts all things are possible. let's list them. (Gift #1). 1 Corinthians 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit". (some inside information, this verse is the PASTORAL gift, that's how I know women can preach, teach, and PASTOR to the body of Christ), cross reference this to Jer 3:15. (Gifts #2). 1 Corinthians 12:9 "To another faith by the same Spirit. (Gift #3). to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; (Gift #4). 1 Corinthians 12:10 "To another the working of miracles; (Gift #5). to another prophecy; to another (Gift #6). discerning of spirits;(Gift #7). to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues". here's the catcher, 7 functions, but listen, verse 11 "But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will". one Spirit, several function. did you notice, "by" the SAME Spirit

now I'll answer your, "Also if they had both been one, I should not have had two separate experiences". not so, God can appear, or manifest himself, or make himself known in divers ways, supportive scripture, Hebrews 1:1 "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets". it can be in a dream, a vision, or in a manifestation of some kind. the Lord knows how to approach someone at a different time or at a different place.

#2. "Jesus made a point many times, that He and the Father are One, we shouldn't really differentiate anyway". Oh how true. understand just what I said, Hebrews 1:1 "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,listen to verse 2. Hebrews 1:2 "Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds". see pia, it is God who is still speaking, either by his prophets, or by his son who is him only shared in flesh, listen. 1 Timothy 3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, (STOP AND THINK, the Son is God in flesh, speaking unto us as Hebrews 1:2 states, that's GOD) justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory".

I'm not Going to make this post too long, so in my next post we'll see this SAME God/Spirit in FLESH.

be blessed.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To pia, now the revealing of the Holy Spirit in Flesh. as you know the Lord Jesus have two appearances in this world, one came when he was born of the virgin. and his second appearance, scripture, Hebrews 9:28 "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation". this second apperance all eyes will see him, scripture, Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen". we know of these two appearances. one have already happen, the virgin birth, and the other is yet to happen, (his return, which is two fold, which I will speak on later). I would like to address both. but to get the full impact of what I'm about say, I need to first prove to you that the Lord Jesus is the Holy Ghost in flesh, in both appearances. follow me carefully.

his first appearance, we know of his birth right, but what you might not have know is that the bible clearly states that he is the Holy Spirit , "SHARED" in Flesh. let's see this plainly. after the Lord birth, he was taken unto the temple to be presented before the Lord after his circumcise. scripture, Luke 2:21-26 "And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb. And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord; (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;) And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons. And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him. And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ". ok pia, notice that word "consolation". let's see what that word means. it is the Greek word, G3874 παράκλησις paraklesis (pa-ra'-klee-sis) n.
1. an imploration, entreaty (urgent request (for mercy or help)).
2. an exhortation (urgent counsel, encouragement, or caution).
3. a comfort, solace.
[from G3870]
KJV: comfort, consolation, exhortation, intreaty

this child, that is born, this son that was given as Isaiah 9:6 states is a. an comfort. now pia if someone gives comfort, them they are a COMFORTER, for the Holy Ghost is the "COMFORTER". also the definition, look at #1 gives "HELP", is not the Holy Spirit a "HELPER". let's examine Isaiah 9:6 again, listen. "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace". my God. but let's examine this word Counsellor. it's the Hebrew word, H3289 יָעַץ ya`ats (yaw-ats') v.
1. to advise.
2. (reflexively) to deliberate or resolve.
pia, someone who advise you, and deliberate or resolve an issue for you is called a MEDIATOR, or an ADVOCATE, in the legal arena this person is known as the counsel for the defense. this Child that was born, this Son that was given according to Isaiah, and realized here in Luke 2:21-26, is this "COMFORTER, he is this "ADVOCATE" this "CONSOLATION" for Israel, meaning us who are the seed of Abraham by FAITH. let's see if the Scriptures back this up.1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. now the definition for "Advocate", G3875 παράκλητος parakletos (pa-ra'-klee-tos) n.
1. (properly) one called near (to give help).
2. an intercessor (one who entreats of behalf of another).
3. a comforter.
KJV: advocate, comforter
pia, the game is over, but let's clearly see it again. follow the blue

"consolation". G3874 παράκλησις paraklesis (pa-ra'-klee-sis) n.
1. an imploration, entreaty (urgent request (for mercy or help)).
2. an exhortation (urgent counsel, encouragement, or caution).
3. a comfort, solace.
KJV: comfort, consolation, exhortation, intreaty

ONE WHO GIVE HELP IS A "HELPER"
ONE WHO GIVES COMFORT IS A "COMFORTER"
ONE WHO GIVES COUNSEL IS A "COUNSELOR".

in my next post, we will see the Lord Jesus as the "HELPER", the "COMFORTER", and the "COUNSELOR"

be blessed.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to pia, now let's see the Lord Jesus as the HOLY SPIRIT. remember I ask you to read John chapter 14. ok. let's go.
Philip, in verse 8 asked our saviour a question. "Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us". his response verses 9 & 10, "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works". IN the Father, yes, as ONE. but he and the rest still didn't get fully what he was saying about "IN". (just like we're ONE, ONE, Body but many members). I know what you will say say see there is the trinity. NO, the body have many member, but the HEAD is ONE, not many HEADS... (smiles). but let's examine closer, he is about to reveal the Father to them PLAINLY, himself. for all of the GODHED dwells in him bodily, (Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily". now John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you". this is very important, remember this, "the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not", remember this. but notice what the Lord Jesus say next, John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you". wait a minute, did he not just said in verse 2 that he's going away to prepare a place for them?. yes, but what's this "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you about?". this is the key of the "IN". listen, the Lord Jesus said "I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter". well, when was there another comforter before? answer, when the Lord Jesus was born, I made that clear in post #49. that's when he was born, now ANOTHER comforter of the SAME, just without a body/Spirit.... (smile). so now, he about to die, and (shed his NATURAL BODY for his GLORIFIED BODY). in his DEATH, he's going to give us "ANOTHER" Comforter, and guess who it is, JESUS HIMSELF with out his Natural flesh, but with his Spirit, that he was glorified "IN". scripture, John 17:5 "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was" what was that GLORY? answer, Spirit. the FATHER is himself, just as Isaiah 9:6 states, the MIGHTY GOD, and the "EVERLASTING FATHER". can we back this up with scripture. well let's see for ourselves.

we know that the "comforter" the Holy Spirit is coming right, the Spirit of Truth whom the WORLD CANNOT RECEIVE BECAUSE IT SEETH HIM NOT. remember the Lord Jesus said that he is coming to them, "I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you". well, Judas, not Iscariot asked our Lord a straight forward question about this NOT SEEING the Comforter/Holy Spirit when HE comes. because our Lord said that he would MANIFEST himself to them when he comes. listen, John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him". so here is Judas question to him. John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? his answer, verse 23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him". wait a minute, "WE" "our". sound like Genesis 1:26, let "us" make man in "our" image. now we are about to see the "us" and "our" as ONE PERSON. remember there is only ONE Spirit. question how many Spirit are there? scripture, Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his". now how many Spirit are there here in this verse, notice the cap "S" in both Spirit. answer ONE. John 10:30 "I and my Father are one". why? John 14:10 "Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. see, the "ANOTHER" of the son is the Father, and the "ANOTHER" of the Father is the son, why because they are the same ONE person diversified, or shared IN another form, (see Phil 2:6-8). listen, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever" what do "another here means?. according to Vines dictionary G243 Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort". and "sort" here means "NATURE", and the NATURE of God is Spirit. so the Son and the Father is the SAME one PERSON, only G243 Allos or numerically difference with the SAME NATURE, Spirit. and numerically difference simply means DIFFERENTIATION. Father (1) same person, Son (2) same person, they are the share of each other, or ANOTHER of ONESELF see it now.

now let's finish up on John chapter 14. remember when the Holy Spirit comes, the world cannot see him, and the Lord Jesus said that he is coming to them, and that he is going to manifest himself to the, that's how they will know him. because Judas had asked how he was he going to manifest himself unto them, and not unto the world? well this is how, and when. listen, Acts 2:1 -4 "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance".

this is HOW and WHEN he the Lord Jesus came. he MANIFESTED himself in the Spiritual gifts. supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal". that's how he manifested himself, in the Spiritual gifts. see the world didn't see him, just as he said in John 14. and one of the MANIFESTATION of HIMSELF/the Spirit was on the day of Pentecost was in the gifts of tongues. 1 Corinthians 12:10 "To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues". this is the manifestation Judas asked about, John 14: 22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?". well that's how.

pia I hope this will help you, re-read these posts, and if you have any questions just ask. be blessed.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If Jesus was already The Holy Spirit, how could He have received the Holy spirit when He was 30 years old ? Can't quite get my head around this one :)
well, imo Jesus was not the Holy Spirit; Christ is the Word made flesh, and God is the head of Christ. Iow, Jesus was a man who had free will, and so that scene could be viewed from that perspective, the man Jesus becoming/accepting the office of Christ, or also it could be that the scenario was enacted for the witnesses to observe, a public profession iow, for recording for posterity, or even both at the same time.

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
exactly.

Reactions: pia

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, imo Jesus was not the Holy Spirit; Christ is the Word made flesh, and God is the head of Christ.
I have a question, "is Christ Spirit, or Flesh.

and two is God, a title, the head of Jesus, or the head of Christ, which is a title also. I suggest you check the scripture, and see who God is the head of.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

So obviously Jesus is not the comforter, because again

Joh_14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

So the Holy Spirt is sent in His name His authority I suppose you could put it.

Joh_15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

How can Jesus send Himself, HE was already here

Jesus one can see, the only phyiscal manifestaion of the Holy Spirit was when He appeared in the form of a dove at teh Baptism of Jesus.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can Jesus send Himself, HE was already here
that's why he left, DIVERSITY, DIVERSITY. and two may I ask you a question, "who sent the Holy Spirit?"
A. the one whom you calls the Father, or
B. the Lord Jesus, whom you calls the son.

but before you answer this, read John 14:26 and then John 15:26 and tell us who is the one doing the SENDING. it make no different in who's name, or from who. but who is doing the sending. I'll be waiting for that answer.

peace in Christ Jesus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God did in teh name of Jesus, he did not send Jesus, no matter how you try you cannot make Jesus and the Holy Spirt one and the same, they may all be in agreement,

oh_16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

I have no idea where you are going with this.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did in teh name of Jesus, he did not send Jesus, no matter how you try you cannot make Jesus and the Holy Spirt one and the same, they may all be in agreement,

oh_16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

I have no idea where you are going with this.
I just asked a simple question, "Who sent the Holy Spirit, no explination need, please just answer the question. listen, John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you".

now this scripture, John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me".

mjrhealth, Look at theses two verse above, and tell us, "who sent the Holy Spirit?" the comforter. the Lord Jesus don't lie, he said in John 14:26 the Father will send the comforter, and in John 15:26 he, the Lord Jesus said, he would send the comforter. once we eliminate who sent the comforter, then we can understand who the comforter really is. so, knowing the Lord Jesus don't lie, and the word of God is correct, so please tell us who sent the comforter.
B. the Lord Jesus, whom you calls the son

I'll be waiting for your answer.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just asked a simple question, "Who sent the Holy Spirit, no explination need, please just answer the question. listen, John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you".

now this scripture, John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me".

mjrhealth, Look at theses two verse above, and tell us, "who sent the Holy Spirit?" the comforter. the Lord Jesus don't lie, he said in John 14:26 the Father will send the comforter, and in John 15:26 he, the Lord Jesus said, he would send the comforter. once we eliminate who sent the comforter, then we can understand who the comforter really is. so, knowing the Lord Jesus don't lie, and the word of God is correct, so please tell us who sent the comforter.
B. the Lord Jesus, whom you calls the son

I'll be waiting for your answer.

Screw it, I'll answer.....its both A and B.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Screw it, I'll answer.....its both A and B.
ERROR, and incorrect, listen, John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me". I is a single designation. so try again. A. or B. (smile).