The Holy Spirit ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I just asked a simple question, "Who sent the Holy Spirit, no explination need, please just answer the question. listen, John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you".

now this scripture, John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me".

mjrhealth, Look at theses two verse above, and tell us, "who sent the Holy Spirit?" the comforter. the Lord Jesus don't lie, he said in John 14:26 the Father will send the comforter, and in John 15:26 he, the Lord Jesus said, he would send the comforter. once we eliminate who sent the comforter, then we can understand who the comforter really is. so, knowing the Lord Jesus don't lie, and the word of God is correct, so please tell us who sent the comforter.
A. the one whom you calls the Father, or
B. the Lord Jesus, whom you calls the son

I'll be waiting for your answer.
You seem to be rather frustrated, when one seeks answer that he wants, is it really the answer he needs....

Add you insist the bible is the word of God??? so much confusion from a book that is written supposedly by the one who isnt the author of confusion...

Well it says what you say, in one verse Jesus said He will in the other He said God would in His name, so which is right they cant both be, either Jesus did or God did,

Joh_14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

seems that God was supposed to do the sending.

And where is all this headed???

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR, and incorrect, listen, John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me". I is a single designation. so try again. A. or B. (smile).

You believe Jesus is the Father diversified, which is why I gave you the answer I thought you wanted to hear, and the scriptures you gave suggests exactly that, that its both A and B, considering Jesus himself said he and his Father are one.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to be rather frustrated, when one seeks answer that he wants, is it really the answer he needs
No, just truth.
Add you insist the bible is the word of God??? so much confusion from a book that is written supposedly by the one who isnt the author of confusion...
No, men are confused. God is not the author of Confusion.
Well it says what you say, in one verse Jesus said He will in the other He said God would in His name, so which is right they cant both be, either Jesus did or God did,
ERROR, it said "the Father", not the title God. and the other said "I" in the context of the Person.
seems that God was supposed to do the sending.
ERROR again, is not God the Father , is he not the Son, but is it not by many who say the Father, is not the Son, and vice versa?. so you cannot you the title God here, as the bible don't.
And where is all this headed???
finally, I'm just eliminating PERSON(S) from the Godhead, so that we may KNOW is the Holy Spirit.

so can you please for the Last time answer the question, "who sent the Holy Spirit". thanks in advance. A. the Father, or B. the Son, the Lord Jesus.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You believe Jesus is the Father diversified, which is why I gave you the answer I thought you wanted to hear, and the scriptures you gave suggests exactly that, that its both A and B, considering Jesus himself said he and his Father are one.
ok, let's get the truth, as the diversity of himself, then it's the SAME ONE PERSON, yes, or no.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well Dcopymope?, see it's not what I wanted, it's what God said, the truth. your answer please.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, let's get the truth, as the diversity of himself, then it's the SAME ONE PERSON, yes, or no.

Surely you must know me well enough by now that I don't believe its that simple. Its yes and no, because he is, as you say the Father diversified, meaning of the same essence, yet HE describes himself as separate.

(Luke 22:66-71) "¶ And as soon as it was day, the elders of the people and the chief priests and the scribes came together, and led him into their council, saying, {67} Art thou the Christ? tell us. And he said unto them, If I tell you, ye will not believe: {68} And if I also ask you, ye will not answer me, nor let me go. {69} Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God. {70} Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am. {71} And they said, What need we any further witness? for we ourselves have heard of his own mouth."

(1 John 5:7-8) "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. {8} And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one."

If its really as simple as you want it to be, then who is he sitting next to? He describes himself as having his own throne in heaven in many ways old and new testament. I'm sure you know this since you quoted those scriptures many times.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely you must know me well enough by now that I don't believe its that simple. Its yes and no, because he is, as you say the Father diversified, meaning of the same essence, yet HE describes himself as separate.
book chapter and verse that states that he's separate. and two, if he's the diversity of HIMSELF, then it's still one, and not two, in person. so your logic is still carnal.

then you posted,
(1 John 5:7-8) "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. {8} And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one."
If its really as simple as you want it to be, then who is he sitting next to? He describes himself as having his throne in heaven in many ways old and new testament. I'm sure you know this since you quoted those scriptures many times".

first John 5:7 & 8, I'll make quick of this, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one". THESE are titles of the SAME ONE PERSON. if the verse would have said, "they three are one", they would indicate person, but THESE three are TITLES of the ONE PERSON.

and as for sitting next to someone, ERROR, Sitting at the right hand is not physically setting, it means in POWER. please research this out please. so again error on your part.

and lastly, I see you have no clue as to who sent the Holy Spirit, nor who is the Holy Spirit. so until you get some knowledge of the Holy Spirit, this conversation is ended.

but thanks for the post.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
book chapter and verse that states that he's separate. and two, if he's the diversity of HIMSELF, then it's still one, and not two, in person. so your logic is still carnal.

then you posted,
If its really as simple as you want it to be, then who is he sitting next to? He describes himself as having his throne in heaven in many ways old and new testament. I'm sure you know this since you quoted those scriptures many times".

first John 5:7 & 8, I'll make quick of this, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one". THESE are titles of the SAME ONE PERSON. if the verse would have said, "they three are one", they would indicate person, but THESE three are TITLES of the ONE PERSON.

and as for sitting next to someone, ERROR, Sitting at the right hand is not physically setting, it means in POWER. please research this out please. so again error on your part.

(Matthew 22:43-44) "He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, {44} The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?"

So the Father must be talking to an imaginary friend then, requesting he have a seat while he puts in work, since its in fact just one person.

(Revelation 5:6-8) "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. {7} And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne. {8} And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints."

Yet again, clearly separate. Who is Jesus taking the book from if they are simply titles of the "SAME ONE PERSON"?

and lastly, I see you have no clue as to who sent the Holy Spirit, nor who is the Holy Spirit. so until you get some knowledge of the Holy Spirit, this conversation is ended.

but thanks for the post.

I know exactly who sent the holy spirit, its the same one that created the heavens and the earth, by the power of his word who he also sent in the flesh, who was WITH God from the beginning. I have no idea what point you are trying to prove repeating the mantra "SAME ONE PERSON", when its clearly not that simple. You have convinced yourself, I guess from your dictionaries you love to refer to, that you know better than everyone else when you really don't.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
first John 5:7 & 8, I'll make quick of this, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one". THESE are titles of the SAME ONE PERSON. if the verse would have said, "they three are one", they would indicate person, but THESE three are TITLES of the ONE P
When people are in agreement they are as one, is it not so, we carry the spirit of God His seed the Holy Spirit within us, Jesus said He will come too,

Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

So here we have 2. Jesus as one the Holy Ghost as the other, tayhn HE also said

Joh_14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

So here He says He and God, 3 seperate but all in agreement all as one.

You want me to agree with you, but not to lie. somehow that cannot be done.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When people are in agreement they are as one, is it not so, we carry the spirit of God His seed the Holy Spirit within us, Jesus said He will come too,

Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

So here we have 2. Jesus as one the Holy Ghost as the other, tayhn HE also said

Joh_14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

You want me to agree with you, but not to lie. somehow that cannot be done.

Notice the word "WE" in John 14:23. How does the word "WE" fit with his belief that they are simply the "SAME ONE PERSON"? Should it not instead say that "I will come unto him"?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Notice the word "WE" in John 14:23. How does the word "WE" fit with his belief that they are simply the "SAME ONE PERSON"? Should it not instead say that "I will come unto him"?
Yep, when we are in error it gets frustrating, the truth came to set us free , if we are frustrated we are not free

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When people are in agreement they are as one, is it not so, we carry the spirit of God His seed the Holy Spirit within us, Jesus said He will come too
No, it's not so. if people are in agreement then "THEY" are in agreement, not their titles.
did you not read? listen, John 14:8 "Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
The Father and the son is the SAME person diversified.
"he AND God" three separate. let's see, James 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world". so mjrhealth is God "AND" Father the same person here? I can't wait for that answer.

let me help you out,
The bible is clear as day, John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you".
let's see who is the HOLY SPIRIT. Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions". who pour out his spirit? and notice spirit is not capitalized. answer, Acts 2:33 "Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear". shed here is the same as pour in the Hebrew. it is the Lord Jesus who is pouring out his spirit on the day of Pentecost. the Son is the Father, the same person.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we, we, have you not read my post in "diversified oneness?". I guess not, well let me educate you. since you know I'm of the belief of the Spirit diversifying himself in flesh. let's see it plainly. John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever". see that word "ANOTHER" it's the Greek word G243 Allos which expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort". do you know what a numerical difference is? example, 1 Father, 2. Son. but the definition said "of the same "SORT". know what sort means? go to dictionary.com it mean class, group, same category . see, the lord Jesus is in the GOD class, the God Category ect... and God is a Spirit. now but how is he in this NATURE of God which is Spirit. answer, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God". the word "form" here is the Greek word,
G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts)
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313
notice definition #2. fundamental nature. but what kind or type of nature?, well look at the root of this word, which is G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n. it means
1. a portion
2. a division, or share.
there is our word, "SHARE" and "Portion. since God is not divided, sharew is our word, as well as portion. because portion means "SHARE". so Philippians 2:6 is saying that the lord Jesus is the EQUAL share of himself in flesh.

see how easy it is to understand. by being the share of himself in flesh, now glorified, he can send his Spirit. and be every where all the time. supportive scripture, Jeremiah 23:23 & 24 "Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off? Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD". see, the Lord Jesus, glorified, fills heaven and EARTH. and we have our being and movement IN, IN, IN, him. scripture, Acts 17:28 "For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring". and he is the fullness of the Godhead BODILY, Colossians 2:9. think on these thing.

getting a little late, see you all in the morning.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, when we are in error it gets frustrating, the truth came to set us free , if we are frustrated we are not free

Yeah, well you see I once made myself very clear on my stance on the Bible. If I see something doesn't add up about ones interpretation, I will dissect, pick it apart with a fine toothpick from the inside out. I will cut out all the excess meat, the garbage and get down to the bottom of it all.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we, we, have you not read my post in "diversified oneness?". I guess not, well let me educate you. since you know I'm of the belief of the Spirit diversifying himself in flesh. let's see it plainly. John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever". see that word "ANOTHER" it's the Greek word G243 Allos which expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort". do you know what a numerical difference is? example, 1 Father, 2. Son. but the definition said "of the same "SORT". know what sort means? go to dictionary.com it mean class, group, same category . see, the lord Jesus is in the GOD class, the God Category ect... and God is a Spirit. now but how is he in this NATURE of God which is Spirit. answer, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God". the word "form" here is the Greek word,
G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts)
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313
notice definition #2. fundamental nature. but what kind or type of nature?, well look at the root of this word, which is G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n. it means
1. a portion
2. a division, or share.
there is our word, "SHARE" and "Portion. since God is not divided, sharew is our word, as well as portion. because portion means "SHARE". so Philippians 2:6 is saying that the lord Jesus is the EQUAL share of himself in flesh.

see how easy it is to understand. by being the share of himself in flesh, now glorified, he can send his Spirit. and be every where all the time. supportive scripture, Jeremiah 23:23 & 24 "Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off? Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD". see, the Lord Jesus, glorified, fills heaven and EARTH. and we have our being and movement IN, IN, IN, him. scripture, Acts 17:28 "For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring". and he is the fullness of the Godhead BODILY, Colossians 2:9. think on these thing.

HA!!! You see, every time you're backed into a corner and you can't answer my questions, all you can do is revert to your damn dictionaries. Its gotta be "OH BUT THE HEBREW", or "OH BUT THE GREEK". I've heard it all before, and I'm done because you clearly don't have a real argument on the Bibles own merit, in your own language.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, well you see I once made myself very clear on my stance on the Bible. If I see something doesn't add up about ones interpretation, I will dissect, pick it apart with a fine toothpick from the inside out. I will cut out all the excess meat, the garbage and get down to the bottom of it all.
interpretation?, i suggest you read 2 Peter 1:20.

and what you need to do is study, for you can cut, tooth pick.... LOL, and be frustrated, but that wan't change the word of GOD.

good night.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, it's not so. if people are in agreement then "THEY" are in agreement, not their titles.

did you not read? listen, John 14:8 "Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
The Father and the son is the SAME person diversified.

"he AND God" three separate. let's see, James 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world". so mjrhealth is God "AND" Father the same person here? I can't wait for that answer.

let me help you out,
The bible is clear as day, John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you".
let's see who is the HOLY SPIRIT. Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions". who pour out his spirit? and notice spirit is not capitalized. answer, Acts 2:33 "Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear". shed here is the same as pour in the Hebrew. it is the Lord Jesus who is pouring out his spirit on the day of Pentecost. the Son is the Father, the same person.

Have you not read, "Knowledge puffeth up" far to mant smart learned people in this world who dont kinow God

Joh_16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Without Him its just a book, 41 00 denomination all divided cant be wrong

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you not read, "Knowledge puffeth up" far to mant smart learned people in this world who dont kinow God
"Knowledge puffeth up?", when have the TRUTH become puffeth up. I'm like my brother the apostle Paul, "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?", Galatians 4:16.

see mjrhealth, not all men have the TRUTH, nor this KNOWLEDGE & WISDOM to reveal it. for so long you have been condition that there are three person in the Godhead until when truth comes you reject it. why don't you listen to your own footer in your posts. "The words that I SPEAK they are spirit and they are life. You search the scriptures, reading them thinking they bring you life, and they testify of Me yet you wont come to me so that you can have eternal life". well search the scriptures, and see if it's so.

the only thing I'm asking is for you to consider your ways. search the scriptures, if you're wrong in your doctrine, why can't you change? why keep on getting caught in untruth. I know every trinitarian have doubts about their doctrine, I did when I believed it. we all had doubt in our own minds about certain scriptures that was not adding up to this belief. why live in fear, and live in a lie, when TRUTH is available. why keep lying to oneself and getting caught as like now. God is not the author of confusion. yes, change is hard and fearful, but FREEDOM is far better. it's your choice, stay in fear and bondage, or walk in freedom.

Peace in Christ Jesus.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. if one's doctrine is correct, then it can be examine for the world to see, and suffer no loss. 1 Corinthians 3:11-15 "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire".

in the name of the Lord Jesus I put forth that the Holy Spirit is the Only Person in the Godhead. and also this ONE PERSON, the Holy Spirit, has reveals himself in three dispensation. first dispensation, Spirit (Father), CREATOR, and MAKER of everything, seen and unseen. second dispensation, Spirit, shared, or diversified in flesh, spirit (Son), REDEEMER, and SAVIOR. third dispensation, Spirit REVEALED in flesh and bone, Glorified (Holy Ghost), COMFORTER and MEDIATOR. (Spirit, with cap "S" Comforter, unseen, returned on Pentecost. spirit, small cap "s" the diversified spirit as a man MEDIATOR, yet to return for all eyes to see. SAME Spirit who worketh all in all. supportive scriptures, 1 Corinthians 12:4- 6 "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit, (COMFORTER, MEDIATOR). And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord, (REDEEMER, SAVIOUR). And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God, (CREATOR, MAKER) which worketh all in all". this same GOD who is CREATOR, and MAKER, is the SAME Spirit/God is REDEEMER & SAVIOUR, this SAME Spirit/God is COMFORTER, MEDIATOR. ONE PERSON diversified in flesh, (Father, Spirit, Son, flesh). numerically two, but the same person, how? SHARING of Spirit.

be blessed.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Knowledge puffeth up?", when have the TRUTH become puffeth up. I'm like my brother the apostle Paul, "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?", Galatians 4:16.

see mjrhealth, not all men have the TRUTH, nor this KNOWLEDGE & WISDOM to reveal it. for so long you have been condition that there are three person in the Godhead until when truth comes you reject it. why don't you listen to your own footer in your posts. "The words that I SPEAK they are spirit and they are life. You search the scriptures, reading them thinking they bring you life, and they testify of Me yet you wont come to me so that you can have eternal life". well search the scriptures, and see if it's so.

the only thing I'm asking is for you to consider your ways. search the scriptures, if you're wrong in your doctrine, why can't you change? why keep on getting caught in untruth. I know every trinitarian have doubts about their doctrine, I did when I believed it. we all had doubt in our own minds about certain scriptures that was not adding up to this belief. why live in fear, and live in a lie, when TRUTH is available. why keep lying to oneself and getting caught as like now. God is not the author of confusion. yes, change is hard and fearful, but FREEDOM is far better. it's your choice, stay in fear and bondage, or walk in freedom.

Peace in Christ Jesus.
My truth is Jesus Christ., I am always wrong HE is always right, as Long as we agree with Him we are OK. My freedom is in Him, he came to set us free, God is the author and finisher of my faith, not teh dead letters in a book. I am no trinatarian, I have not put God in a box, He is free to do as He please, "nevertheless not my will but your will be done".

You search the scriptures, reading them thinking they bring you life, and they testify of Me yet you wont come to me so that you can have eternal life".
And yet that is exactly what you are doing, searching the scriptures and have no life.It is in what you write.