The Holy Spirit ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not teh dead letters in a book. I am no trinatarian, I have not put God in a box, He is free to do as He please, "nevertheless not my will but your will be done".
First, thanks for the response. second, the bible is not dead letters in a book, it's the Living word in our HEARTS. third, did I say you was a trinatarian? I was just as the topic states "THE HOLY SPIRIT". in doing so it eliminates persons which you declare that our Lord is not the Holy Spirit.

so with what you are saying, are you going by these dead letter in in this book or what. for is not, don't quote them.

Peace in Christ Jesus.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
THE HOLY SPIRIT". in doing so it eliminates persons which you declare that our Lord is not the Holy Spirit.
Well He isnt, so whats the issue, you are the only one hungup on this. As for the bible it does contain the truth, but without revelation it is just a book. Doesnt matter what I or you or any one quotes, if one doesnt have eyes to see or ears to hear, than it is just words to fight over no more no less.

Reactions: Dcopymope and Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the bible is not dead letters in a book,
Actually it is,

2Co_3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Why because far to many trying to figure it out for themselves, say it again 41000 denominations cant be wrong.

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well He isnt, so whats the issue, you are the only one hungup on this. As for the bible it does contain the truth, but without revelation it is just a book. Doesnt matter what I or you or any one quotes, if one doesnt have eyes to see or ears to hear, than it is just words to fight over no more no less.
you said, Well He isnt,........... well, if so, by scriptures prove that he is nor, for I have given scripture that he is... (smile).
As for the bible it does contain the truth, but without revelation it is just a book.
so are you saying my revelation is wrong and yours right?...... well. as said if your doctrine is so correct it should stand the test, by fire, but so for your is still on the floor dead, because you refuse to believe the scriptures. if the Lord Jesus said he is sender, meaning the one to COME, and then he gives his TITLE, Father, and you say no, he's not then you're saying God is in ERROR as to what he said, God forbid.
it is just words to fight over no more no less
Who's fighting? and are you saying the words in the bible are useless?. scripture, 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good". now I proved that the Father and the Son is the same PERSON who is the Holy Spirit. now if you believe not, then by scripture reproof what I have said by scripture.

peace in Christ Jesus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@mjrhealth, No need to go back and forth with each other let the scriptures speak.

Let me ask you this, did not the Lord Jesus come and be a comfort to the disciples yes or no, please read, John 14:18 and John 14:23 before you answer.

And when did our Lord “Manifest” himself to the disciple, read John 14:21 before you answer.

I'll be waiting for your answer.

peace in Christ Jesus.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you said, Well He isnt,........... well, if so, by scriptures prove that he is nor, for I have given scripture that he is... (smile).

so are you saying my revelation is wrong and yours right?...... well. as said if your doctrine is so correct it should stand the test, by fire, but so for your is still on the floor dead, because you refuse to believe the scriptures. if the Lord Jesus said he is sender, meaning the one to COME, and then he gives his TITLE, Father, and you say no, he's not then you're saying God is in ERROR as to what he said, God forbid.

Who's fighting? and are you saying the words in the bible are useless?. scripture, 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good". now I proved that the Father and the Son is the same PERSON who is the Holy Spirit. now if you believe not, then by scripture reproof what I have said by scripture.

peace in Christ Jesus
You have proven nothing, as for scripture, christiantiy made God a liar, a hypocrite and a fool when they told the world the bible is Gods word, even though most of it isnt even from Him. a bit like thrown a bun of different fish species into a tank than saying its a tank of gold fish, when most of them are not. So you see christiantiy has being telling teh world God is in error for centuries, as I said 41 000 different denomination all preaching from the same book but having different doctrines different Jesus and a different way to heaven, so much for God not being teh author of confusion....

Eph_3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

1Co_2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.]

As i said without teh Holy Spirit its just a book.

Isa 29:10 For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.
Isa 29:11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
Isa 29:12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
Isa 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@mjrhealth, No need to go back and forth with each other let the scriptures speak.

Let me ask you this, did not the Lord Jesus come and be a comfort to the disciples yes or no, please read, John 14:18 and John 14:23 before you answer.

And when did our Lord “Manifest” himself to the disciple, read John 14:21 before you answer.

I'll be waiting for your answer.

peace in Christ Jesus.
I have already answered that as has Stranger but to assist in you understanding,

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

So as you see, God will send the Holy Spirit and Jesus will come too and as I posted before.

Joh_14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

HAve a good day

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So as you see, God will send the Holy Spirit and Jesus will come too and as I posted before.
you said GOD will send the Holy Spirit, see how you evade the question. the Lord Jesus said I will send the Holy Spirit, that's while he was here on earth with blood. likewise he said I will come to you. . see, you didn't say that, the Lord Jesus said it. he said that he would come, and he did in Spirit. so, you can stick your head in the sand but the truth will not change. believing an error of men is dangerous. but as you said, GOOD DAY.

but keep those scriptures, and my question in your head, for they will confront you again, but not by me.... see ya.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it is,

2Co_3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Why because far to many trying to figure it out for themselves, say it again 41000 denominations cant be wrong.
In regards to 2 Cor 3, Paul was specifically speaking of the 10 Commandments and the rest of the law.

If you want to apply that to all scripture that's fine. Its supposed to kill you spiritually and we are born again through the spirit. Romans 8 points this out by saying If Christ be in you the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is life because of righteousness.

None of this however says the Bible is a dead book.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you said GOD will send the Holy Spirit, see how you evade the question. the Lord Jesus said I will send the Holy Spirit, that's while he was here on earth with blood. likewise he said I will come to you. . see, you didn't say that, the Lord Jesus said it. he said that he would come, and he did in Spirit. so, you can stick your head in the sand but the truth will not change. believing an error of men is dangerous. but as you said, GOOD DAY.

but keep those scriptures, and my question in your head, for they will confront you again, but not by me.... see ya.
Why would they confront me. I am not the one with thew issue???

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
None of this however says the Bible is a dead book.
Well so you say but there are a lot of "dead men" walking who read it. It teh word that He speaks that is life, there is no life without Him, no matter how much you read or study the bible.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would they confront me. I am not the one with thew issue???
Issue?..... LOL, so mjrhealth is the Lord Jesus in us as well as in heaven. read John 14:23 and tell us how the Lord Jesus is in heaven and in us right now?. I can't wait for that answer.

and this will settle your Issue... (smile).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Issue?..... LOL, so mjrhealth is the Lord Jesus in us as well as in heaven. read John 14:23 and tell us how the Lord Jesus is in heaven and in us right now?. I can't wait for that answer.
And I thought you weren't fighting, Well lets see, God is Spirit, and he desires those who worship Him in Spirit and truth, than Jesus

Joh_20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Flesh and bone or Thomas would not be able to put his fingers in His side, than there is the Holy Spirit, the only time He is ever seeing is in the form of a dove at our Lords Baptism,

Luk_3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

So here we have Jesus, with the Holy Spirit resting on His shoulder, and Gods voice resounding from Heaven,

Did I miss this bit,

Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

With not in...

Maybe its time you started walking in teh spirit and not the flesh and give God a chance than maybe you to will see the Lord in the Spirit and maybe like some others get to see Him here on this earth,

Last edited:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well so you say but there are a lot of "dead men" walking who read it. It teh word that He speaks that is life, there is no life without Him, no matter how much you read or study the bible.
The Bible is the words which speaks. ... Even to this day. Unless you don't think they are relevant today.

You didn't really comment on what I said. It came off as more or less dismissing what I said.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's make this clear. the Lord Jesus sits in heaven right now, until his enemies is made his footstool". now if he's in heaven, and John 14:23 states that " my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him". ok, good so far. but how is the Lord Jesus abiding in us? answer by his Spirit. again Good so for, but a question. if there two Spirits?, no, scripture, Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his". Spirit of God and Spirit of Christ, is this two different Spirits. some have said, that the Spirit OF God the Holy Spirit is not the Lord Jesus. if this is so, then one have two Spirits and that's anti bible, anti God. for there is only one Spirit, Ephesians 4:4.

so, the belief in the Lord Jesus is not the Holy Spirit is an ERROR, meaning the spirit of error.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk_3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

So here we have Jesus, with the Holy Spirit resting on His shoulder, and Gods voice resounding from Heaven,
My, My, My, grasping for straws. Oh well, the Lord Jesus is the diversity of himself in flesh, in MANIFESTATION. and as Spirit descended in APPEARANCE as, as, as, a dove, not a dove, but as a dove. can God do this? let's see, Jeremiah 23:23 & 24 "Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off? Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD". now mjrhealth, in John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven". while our Lord was speaking to Nicodemus on earth in a body, he was in heaven at the same time. read verse 13 again. he came down, and yet still in heaven. one PERSON in heaven and on earth at the same time. MY MY MY.

and please address Post #95

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My, My, My, grasping for straws. Oh well, the Lord Jesus is the diversity of himself in flesh, in MANIFESTATION. and as Spirit descended in APPEARANCE as, as, as, a dove, not a dove, but as a dove. can God do this? let's see, Jeremiah 23:23 & 24 "Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off? Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD". now mjrhealth, in John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven". while our Lord was speaking to Nicodemus on earth in a body, he was in heaven at the same time. read verse 13 again. he came down, and yet still in heaven. one PERSON in heaven and on earth at the same time. MY MY MY.

and please address Post #95
Straws I have none, I have nothing to defend, which is what you are doing.

#95, and you say I am clutching at straws.

Well at least you can see that God can do anything, and as a dove, changes what, It still rested on His shoulder..

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
L
Straws I have none, I have nothing to defend, which is what you are doing.

#95, and you say I am clutching at straws.

Well at least you can see that God can do anything, and as a dove, changes what, It still rested on His shoulder..
LOL, no answer? well, Matthew 19:26

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth, just answer me this, John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

when did the Lord Jesus manifest himself to his disciples. just answer this simple question.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible is the words which speaks. ... Even to this day. Unless you don't think they are relevant today.

You didn't really comment on what I said. It came off as more or less dismissing what I said.
The bible does not speak, it has no voice, you all insist it is Gods word, if that where the case we would only have one, it would be true and we would all be walking in it, and as you can see, there are multiple versions of the bible, yet we only have one God so either He has a split personalty or we have many Gods, which is it...

Teh words that I speak,

My sheep hear my voice

So many trying to prove to God they can read a book and work Him out, God who created teh universe and saw all that is to come, diminshed to ink on a page, as if we mankind can contain God in a book, what arrogance.