The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Jesus used the expression "The Son of man" more than any other when referring to himself, by doing so I believe he showed that he was neither a materialized angel nor an incarnation.

Yes He did call Himself Son of man.
It relates to Gods Promise to Abraham...
That Abraham would be a father of many Nations.

Jesus came in the LIKENESS of a man;
So man could LEARN, from Him, HOW TO be in the LIKENESS of God.

Abraham had been the EARTHLY father of the Hebrews, the Jews...

Jesus grafting IN the Gentiles, ALSO made the Gentiles, IN CHRIST, one of Abrahams heirs.

Everyone with the Seed of God IN them and the Power of God IN them....are sons of Abraham.

Because of "genealogy" or "human blood line"?

No, Because of Gods PROMISE.

Gentiles "TAKE UPON THEMSELVES" the seed of Abraham....to become Abraham's "child" and Promised heir of Abraham's Land.

Jesus "TOOK UPON HIMSELF" the seed of Abraham....to become Abraham's "child" and Promised heir of Abraham's Land.

So YES, in fact Jesus IS the Son of man...and that man IS Abraham, thee earthly father.

And YES, in fact I am the son of man...and that man IS Abraham, thee earthly father.

Heb 2:16...he took on him the seed of Abraham..

Gal 3:29
..."IF" ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed.

Gal 3:7
...that which ARE of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

[/QUOTE]Rather, he was fully human.[/QUOTE]

No. He was NOT of a seed of a man.
He took upon Himself the seed of a man...
A faithful servant, named Abraham.
Abraham is Jesus' earthly father, by Promise.
Abraham is every man IN Christ's earthly father, by Promise.

When Jesus appeared AS A MAN; He was God in the flesh.

When you shall appear before Christ; You shall be you, man in the spirit.

Jesus did not become human.
Nor shall you become God.

God by his holy spirit, transferred his son's life from heaven to earth,

You do know Jesus, is the Name of Gods Word?
You do know Christ, is the Name of Gods Power?
You do know Gods Word, Gods Power IS GOD?

You do know God, is eternal, and has NO Father, NO Mother?
You do know GOD said, when HIS WORD would come into this World; God would BE "A" Father to Him?
And to the Father, His Word, would Be "His SON"?

causing conception in the womb of the virgin girl Mary. As a result, Jesus was born as a perfect, sinless human.

What was revealed was a PERFECT Body, PURE Blood, in the Likeness AS a man.
Phil 2:8

One of the things I can't seem to understand is that people want me to deny that God sent his son to earth as a human,

What you don't understand IS, you are revealing your HUMAN Carnal MINDS understanding.
(God calls that against Him, and foolishness)

TO understand Scriptural Knowledge, one needs to know Gods Understanding of Scripture.

Nothing whatsoever notifies you HUMANS come from Heaven.

Jesus is the Word of God....that came FORTH out of God....just like your words come forth out of your mouth.

Gods Word was manifested in the flesh.
Your words are manifested in text.

How do we know Gods Word would come out of His mouth, and go somewhere particular?
Scripture tells us.

The only begotten son

God can NOT reproduce. He can not REPRODUCE something that has NO beginning.

Gods Word simply CAME FORTH out of Gods mouth, was manifested in the flesh likeness as a man, called Begotten of God, called the Son of God........BECAUSE He was IN GOD and proceeded forth and came OUT of God.

Isa 55:11
MY WORD be that goeth forth OUT OF MY MOUTH; ...it shall ACCOMPLISH that which I please, and it shall prosper IN the THING where to I sent it.

Luke 1:31
...IN thy WOMB...

Luke 1:35
...The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee...
The HOLY THING which shall be born of thee SHALL BE CALLED the Son of God.

John 8:42
....I PROCEEDED FORTH and came from God..

John 19:28
...Jesus knowing that ALL things were Now ACCOMPLISHED....

The Word of God has been coming forth out of Gods Mouth since the beginning...

It was IN THE LAST DAYS, that Gods Word would come forth....and Be CALLED HIS SON.
Gen 1:3
Heb 1:2

By your belief it seems to be denying that the Son of God became flesh, and denying that God sent his only begotten son to earth.

"IF" that was my belief, MY WORDS would have said that. I didn't.

You are understanding HOW a father / son relationship works FOR HUMANS.
Therefore you have TO MAKE JESUS a HUMAN, for YOUR HUMAN understanding to MAKE logical sense to your mind.

God Calling HIS WORD, "Son of God"..."Jesus"....IS God simply "NAMING" His Word....and CAUSING HIS WORD to be able to BE SEEN by Human Men.

Men from early History begging to SEE GOD.
Well, humm, IF a human man were to LOOK upon God....the man would become Extinguished, burned to Ash.

Yet God PROMISED, He would reveal Himself, and WALK AMONG MEN.

When He did, because He took upon Himself the "LIKENESS AS A MAN".... MEN could not believe it was God...
John 1:10
John 1:11
John 1:12

Now YOU call Him a HUMAN...
Yet READ John 1:13....of HIS BIRTH..

John 1:13
Born OF GOD...
Not Born of Blood,
Not born of the will of the flesh,
Not born of the will of man.

A human SEED, human BLOOD, human WILL, had Nothing whatsoever to do with God manifesting HIS Word in the likeness of an earthly man.

I truly believe that it's important for God to have a personal name.

Phil 2: 9
....God exalted Him...
...A name which is above EVERY name.

why did "YHWH" which is the four Hebrew consonants that represent the personal name of God appear 7,000 times in The Hebrew Scriptures(old testament) alone. Also God wants this name to be made known to all the nations. This personal name seems to be important to God. When Moses asked God how he should respond if the Israelites were to ask him who had sent him to them, God replied: "You are to say to the sons of Israel: 'Yahweh, the God of your Fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is my name for all time; by this name I shall be invoked for all generations to come."(Exodus 3:15) [Many pronounce "YHWH" Jehovah others pronounce it "Yahweh"]

Why does the NT reveal the name Jesus, given Gods own Word, by God, a name which is above EVERY name?

The thing is...The Lord God Almighty knows IF you are speaking About Him or To Him.

And one day, He shall reveal His NEW NAME,
Rev. 3:12
that shall ONLY be uttered by the Lips of those who ARE Sanctified, IN HIS LIKENESS, and WITH Him.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, let's see. Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn".

who is this speaking?... God?.. well God said that they pierced "him". was it not God who pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications?

let's see that, Acts 2:16 "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;Acts 2:17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams".

Now was this God whom many calls Father that poured out his Spirit?. remember the one who poured out his Spirit was pierced.

PCY

it goes unnoticed that in both cases it says all mankind not just some prophesying, seeing visions or dreaming dreams and definitely no speaking in tongues imho - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
He's the spirit of God that Jesus sent to believers when He returned to His throne. He is wonderful. We can no more explain who He is than we can explain God. We know that Jesus sent Him to us upon His departure and that He is the best friend on earth you'll ever have.

I can give many instances of guidance by Him but you should seek God for yourself. Ask to be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 5:18-19 KJVS
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; [19] Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

but of course Ephesians is not to us - we are not filled with wine or the Spirit - twinc

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NAMES, NAMES, NAMES.
TITLES, TITLES, TITLES.

Look and observe human men...
How many names do they have, are given them, decide for themselves?

James Robert Smith;
Jim, Jas, Jimmy, Rob, Robby, Bob, Bobby, JR, Jimmy Bob, Smitty, Honey, Big Guy, Tiny...and on forums...numerous names...

Husband, Doctor, Neighbor, Friend, Buddy, Pal, Boyfriend, Co-Worker, Boss, Employee,
CEO, President, Brother, Son, Dad, Nephew, Farmer, Sargent, Officer, Mister, Sir, Gentlemen.....numerous titles...

And God? Is He somehow LIMITED, that HE can not decide What "NAMES" and "TITLES" He Shall be Called? Pfft...

Everything Gods does, He does for the GLORY of HIS GREAT......NAMES

And Everything Gods desires a man to do, IS FOR the Glory of HIS GREAT.....NAMES

Pss 23
He restoreth my soul:
HE leadeth me in the path of righteousness
FOR
His Great Name's Sake.

Yahweh, Lord, God, Father, Jesus, Holy one, Holy Spirit, Redeemer, Savior, Blessed, Almighty....
He knows who He is.....He IS.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
NAMES, NAMES, NAMES.
TITLES, TITLES, TITLES.

Look and observe human men...
How many names do they have, are given them, decide for themselves?

James Robert Smith;
Jim, Jas, Jimmy, Rob, Robby, Bob, Bobby, JR, Jimmy Bob, Smitty, Honey, Big Guy, Tiny...and on forums...numerous names...

Husband, Doctor, Neighbor, Friend, Buddy, Pal, Boyfriend, Co-Worker, Boss, Employee,
CEO, President, Brother, Son, Dad, Nephew, Farmer, Sargent, Officer, Mister, Sir, Gentlemen.....numerous titles...

And God? Is He somehow LIMITED, that HE can not decide What "NAMES" and "TITLES" He Shall be Called? Pfft...

Everything Gods does, He does for the GLORY of HIS GREAT......NAMES

And Everything Gods desires a man to do, IS FOR the Glory of HIS GREAT.....NAMES

Pss 23
He restoreth my soul:
HE leaders me in the path of righteousness
FOR
His Great Name's Sake.

Yahweh, Lord, God, Father, Jesus, Holy one, Holy Spirit, Redeemer, Savior, Blessed, Almighty....
He knows who He is.....He IS.

God Bless,
Taken

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

the bible tells that we should praise and glorify Him for His two great names of Creator and Saviour and that everything that is written is just to remind us to do just that[Jn 20:31] imho - btw He definitely created us and definitely saves us both without our permission imho - twinc

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, I believe I been saying that "God is not a lier". but you must have not understood how the fake name came about. see, God is not about popular, now if you're so sure of that name, tell me why God said this.

Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

did not you quote scripture to the opposit, "God said "This is my name for all time; by this name I shall be invoked for all generations to come." (Exodus 3: 15)".

how come God in Isaiah 52:6 said "Therefore my people shall know my name". shall is future tense.
but don't God people should already "know" his name, according to Exodus 3: 15?

see the ERROR. YHWH is not God Personal Name. he said, "they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I". when did God speak in the "day"? the answer, John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins". "I AM he?", yes, it's JESU, See, you don't believe, do you.

that's why Jesus said to Thomas, John 20:29 "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

To “know,” does not necessarily mean merely to be acquainted with or cognizant of something or someone. The foolish Nabal knew David’s name but still asked, “Who is David?” in the sense of asking, “What does he amount to?” (1Sa 25:9-11; compare 2Sa 8:13.) So, too, Pharaoh had said to Moses: “Who is Jehovah,(YHWH) so that I should obey his voice to send Israel away? I do not know Jehovah(YHWH) at all and, what is more, I am not going to send Israel away.” (Ex 5:1, 2) By that, Pharaoh evidently meant that he did not know Jehovah(YHWH) as the true God or as having any authority over Egypt’s king and his affairs, nor as having any might to enforce His will as announced by Moses and Aaron. But now Pharaoh and all Egypt, along with the Israelites, would come to know the real meaning of that name, the person it represented. As Jehovah(YHWH) showed Moses, this would result from God’s carrying out His purpose toward Israel, liberating them, giving them the Promised Land, and thereby fulfilling His covenant with their forefathers. In this way, as God said, “You will certainly know that I am Jehovah(YHWH) your God.”—Ex 6:4-8;

regarding John 8:24 -
In what language did John write his life account of Jesus Christ? In the Greek language, not in Hebrew; and in the Greek text the controversial expression is Egó eimí. Just by itself, without any introductory material ahead of it, Egó eimí means “I am.” Now this expression Egó eimí occurs also in John 8:24, 28; and in those verses the Authorized or King James Version and the Douay Version and others render the expression into English as “I am he,” the pronoun he being put in italics to indicate that the pronoun he is added or inserted. (AV; AS; Yg) But here, in John 8:58, those versions do not render this same expression as “I am he,” but only as “I am.” They evidently want to give us the idea that Jesus was not simply referring to his existence but also giving himself a title that belongs to Jehovah God, in imitation of Exodus 3:14.
21 When writing John 8:58, the apostle was not quoting from the Greek Septuagint Version, a translation of the Hebrew Scriptures made by Greek-speaking Jews of Alexandria, Egypt, before the birth of Christ. Let anyone who reads Greek compare John 8:58 in Greek and Exodus 3:14 in the Greek Septuagint, and he will find that the Septuagint reading of Exodus 3:14 does not use the expression Egó eimí for God’s name, when God says to Moses: “I AM hath sent me unto you.” The Greek Septuagint uses the expression ho Ōn, which means “The Being,” or, “The One who is.” This fact is clearly presented to us in Bagster’s translation of the Greek Septuagint, at Exodus 3:14, which reads: “And God spoke to Moses, saying, I am THE BEING [ho Ōn]; and he said, Thus shall ye say to the children of Israel, THE BEING [ho Ōn] has sent me to you.” According to Charles Thomson’s translation of the Greek Septuagint, Exodus 3:14 reads: “God spoke to Moses saying, I am The I Am [ho Ōn]. Moreover he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, The I Am [ho Ōn] hath sent me to you.” Thus this comparison of the two Greek texts, that of the Septuagint and that of John 8:58, removes all basis for trinitarians to argue that Jesus, in John 8:58, was trying to fit Exodus 3:14 to himself, as if he was Jehovah God.
22 O yes, the Greek expression ho Ōn does occur in the apostle John’s writings. It occurs in the Greek text of John 1:18; 3:13 (AV; Yg), 31; 6:40; 8:47; 12:17; 18:37, but not as a title or name. So in four of those verses it applies, not to Jesus, but to other persons. However, in the Revelation or Apocalypse the apostle John does use the expression ho Ōn as a title or designation five times, namely, in Revelation 1:4, 8; 4:8; 11:17; 16:5. But in all five cases the expression ho Ōn is applied to Jehovah God the Almighty, and not to the Lamb of God, the Word of God.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, let's see. Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn".

who is this speaking?... God?.. well God said that they pierced "him". was it not God who pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications?

let's see that, Acts 2:16 "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;Acts 2:17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams".

Now was this God whom many calls Father that poured out his Spirit?. remember the one who poured out his Spirit was pierced.

PCY

Regarding Zechariah 12: 10 - “And I will pour out upon the house of David and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem the spirit of favor and entreaties, and they will certainly look to the One whom they pierced through, and they will certainly wail over Him as in the wailing over an only son; and there will be a bitter lamentation over him as when there is bitter lamentation over the firstborn son. In that day the wailing in Jerusalem will be great, like the wailing of Hadadrimmon in the valley plain of Megiddo. And the land will certainly wail, each family by itself; the family of the house of David by itself, and their women by themselves; the family of the house of Nathan by itself, and their women by themselves; the family of the house of Levi by itself, and their women by themselves; the family of the Shimeites by itself, and their women by themselves; all the families that are left remaining, each family by itself, and their women by themselves.”—Zechariah 12:10-12; NW; JB; Mo; RS; AT. Jehovah(YHWH) was speaking about his Only- Begotten Son, not himself being pierced.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are given KNOWLEDGE in Scripture..
We are given the UNDERSTANDING of the Knowledge, from the Lord.

John 10:30
I and my Father ARE ONE.

Zech 14:9
And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in THAT day shall there be on LORD, and his name one.

God Bless,
Taken

regarding John 10:30 this simply means Jehovah God and his Only-Begotten Son Jesus are united in a common purpose going by the context that scripture is written in.

Regarding Zechariah 14:9 people on earth must recognize Jehovah as God and Universal Sovereign, as “king over all the earth” by means of Jesus Christ.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
regarding John 10:30 this simply means Jehovah God and his Only-Begotten Son Jesus are united in a common purpose going by the context that scripture is written in.

Regarding Zechariah 14:9 people on earth must recognize Jehovah as God and Universal Sovereign, as “king over all the earth” by means of Jesus Christ.

Could you reveal whether or not you believe;
Lord .........Jesus
God .........Yahweh
Almighty....Christ

Is thee ONE God?

God Bless,
Take

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's impossible to describe the Godhead. Can the pot explain the potter? No. I just know He's for me. Explaining any part of God is not possible. Complicating things with incomplete explanations of God is only frustrating. I just know He's for me.

Reactions: Taken and lforrest

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it goes unnoticed that in both cases it says all mankind not just some prophesying, seeing visions or dreaming dreams and definitely no speaking in tongues imho - twinc
GINOLJC,
thanks for the reply, but I must disagree with you on speaking in tongues with the out pouring of the Spirit.

the apostle Peter and the others was speaking in tongues on the DAY of Pentecost right. but you didn't see speaking in tongues prophesied by Joel? scripture,

Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Joel 2:29 "And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

you still didn't see "speaking in tongues" there in Joel 2:28 & 29? oh yes it's there, but one must see it with Spiritual eyes.

let's open your Spiritual eyes. understand, "speaking in tongues" is in the Spirit, for it is the "GIFT" of the Spirit. scripture,

1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

1 Corinthians 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:9 "To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:10 "To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

(THERE THOSE TONGUES.)

1 Corinthians 12:11 "But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

as he (the Spirit) wills. listen, Acts 2:4 "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

see, the "speaking of tongues" is in the Spirit. so the WORD "Spirit" in Joel carries all the Gifts listed in 1 Corinthians 12:8-10. see all those Gifts was packed in the one word "Spirit" in Joel 2:28. aint God good.

understand, if one was looking for the actual words "speaking in tongues" in Joel, they was using their NATURAL eyes. and Natural want word with the Spirit of God in Spiritual matters.

Just like speaking in tongues was in Joel 2:28, guess what, the PASTORAL Gift in in there also of Joel 2:28, can you see it.

this is not test ok, just edification. I'll be back tommorrow for the answer. if you have not found it, we in Jesus Christ will reveal it to you. but the Pastor, or the Pastoral gifts is in Joel 2:28.

until tommorrow.

PCY

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To “know,” does not necessarily mean merely to be acquainted with or cognizant of something or someone. The foolish Nabal knew David’s name but still asked, “Who is David?” in the sense of asking, “What does he amount to?” (1Sa 25:9-11; compare 2Sa 8:13.) So, too, Pharaoh had said to Moses: “Who is Jehovah,(YHWH) so that I should obey his voice to send Israel away? I do not know Jehovah(YHWH) at all and, what is more, I am not going to send Israel away.” (Ex 5:1, 2) By that, Pharaoh evidently meant that he did not know Jehovah(YHWH) as the true God or as having any authority over Egypt’s king and his affairs, nor as having any might to enforce His will as announced by Moses and Aaron. But now Pharaoh and all Egypt, along with the Israelites, would come to know the real meaning of that name, the person it represented. As Jehovah(YHWH) showed Moses, this would result from God’s carrying out His purpose toward Israel, liberating them, giving them the Promised Land, and thereby fulfilling His covenant with their forefathers. In this way, as God said, “You will certainly know that I am Jehovah(YHWH) your God.”—Ex 6:4-8;

regarding John 8:24 -
In what language did John write his life account of Jesus Christ? In the Greek language, not in Hebrew; and in the Greek text the controversial expression is Egó eimí. Just by itself, without any introductory material ahead of it, Egó eimí means “I am.” Now this expression Egó eimí occurs also in John 8:24, 28; and in those verses the Authorized or King James Version and the Douay Version and others render the expression into English as “I am he,” the pronoun he being put in italics to indicate that the pronoun he is added or inserted. (AV; AS; Yg) But here, in John 8:58, those versions do not render this same expression as “I am he,” but only as “I am.” They evidently want to give us the idea that Jesus was not simply referring to his existence but also giving himself a title that belongs to Jehovah God, in imitation of Exodus 3:14.
21 When writing John 8:58, the apostle was not quoting from the Greek Septuagint Version, a translation of the Hebrew Scriptures made by Greek-speaking Jews of Alexandria, Egypt, before the birth of Christ. Let anyone who reads Greek compare John 8:58 in Greek and Exodus 3:14 in the Greek Septuagint, and he will find that the Septuagint reading of Exodus 3:14 does not use the expression Egó eimí for God’s name, when God says to Moses: “I AM hath sent me unto you.” The Greek Septuagint uses the expression ho Ōn, which means “The Being,” or, “The One who is.” This fact is clearly presented to us in Bagster’s translation of the Greek Septuagint, at Exodus 3:14, which reads: “And God spoke to Moses, saying, I am THE BEING [ho Ōn]; and he said, Thus shall ye say to the children of Israel, THE BEING [ho Ōn] has sent me to you.” According to Charles Thomson’s translation of the Greek Septuagint, Exodus 3:14 reads: “God spoke to Moses saying, I am The I Am [ho Ōn]. Moreover he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, The I Am [ho Ōn] hath sent me to you.” Thus this comparison of the two Greek texts, that of the Septuagint and that of John 8:58, removes all basis for trinitarians to argue that Jesus, in John 8:58, was trying to fit Exodus 3:14 to himself, as if he was Jehovah God.
22 O yes, the Greek expression ho Ōn does occur in the apostle John’s writings. It occurs in the Greek text of John 1:18; 3:13 (AV; Yg), 31; 6:40; 8:47; 12:17; 18:37, but not as a title or name. So in four of those verses it applies, not to Jesus, but to other persons. However, in the Revelation or Apocalypse the apostle John does use the expression ho Ōn as a title or designation five times, namely, in Revelation 1:4, 8; 4:8; 11:17; 16:5. But in all five cases the expression ho Ōn is applied to Jehovah God the Almighty, and not to the Lamb of God, the Word of God.
thanks for the post, regarding Jesus in John at that "DAY" meaning God came in flesh. was not this the same Jesus that Isaiah saw in chapter 6.

Isaiah 6:1 "In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

Isaiah 6:2 "Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

Isaiah 6:3 "And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Isaiah 6:4 "And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.

Isaiah 6:5 "Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

now John witness, John 12:38 "That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?

John 12:39 "Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

John 12:40 "He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

John 12:41 "These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

when did Isaiah saw his JESUS glory, and the things spoke of him.

who Isaiah spoke of is the Lord Jesus. check the scriptures out and we can talk tommorrow.

PCY

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding Zechariah 12: 10 - “And I will pour out upon the house of David and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem the spirit of favor and entreaties, and they will certainly look to the One whom they pierced through, and they will certainly wail over Him as in the wailing over an only son; and there will be a bitter lamentation over him as when there is bitter lamentation over the firstborn son. In that day the wailing in Jerusalem will be great, like the wailing of Hadadrimmon in the valley plain of Megiddo. And the land will certainly wail, each family by itself; the family of the house of David by itself, and their women by themselves; the family of the house of Nathan by itself, and their women by themselves; the family of the house of Levi by itself, and their women by themselves; the family of the Shimeites by itself, and their women by themselves; all the families that are left remaining, each family by itself, and their women by themselves.”—Zechariah 12:10-12; NW; JB; Mo; RS; AT. Jehovah(YHWH) was speaking about his Only- Begotten Son, not himself being pierced.

first thanks for the response, but I must disagree with you there also, lets read the scripture again

Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn".

see, you missed what the scriptures said, "I will pour upon", and they shall look upon me ".
BUT look what was said here, "they shall mourn for him".

WAIT, how did "I" and "Me" turn into "Him". .... (smile), I'll be waiting for that answer.

PCY

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the response, but I must disagree with you there also, lets read the scripture again

Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn".

see, you missed what the scriptures said, "I will pour upon", and they shall look upon me ".
BUT look what was said here, "they shall mourn for him".

WAIT, how did "I" and "Me" turn into "Him". .... (smile), I'll be waiting for that answer.

PCY

my Bible doesn't say "me" it says: they will certainly look to the One "whom" they pierced through, and they will certainly wail over Him as in the wailing over an only [son]; so maybe in your Bible, "I" and "me" turn into him but they don't in my Bible.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my Bible doesn't say "me" it says: they will certainly look to the One "whom" they pierced through, and they will certainly wail over Him as in the wailing over an only [son]; so maybe in your Bible, "I" and "me" turn into him but they don't in my Bible.
GINOLJC, to all

first thanks for the response.

second try bible hub many translation have "me" and "I". I'm using the KJV.

PCY

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
also get back with me on Isaiah chapter 6 and John chapter 12

but tell me how do your bible read Revelation 1:1?

PCY

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Pastor, or the Pastoral gifts is in Joel 2:28.
as speaking last night, the Gifts of the Spirit in Joel 2:28, the PASTORAL GIFT.

God packs a lot into one Scripture, or into just one word, and we need the Holy Spirit to address theses hidden revelation unto us.

the pastor, or the GIFT, the pastoral gift in Joel 2:28. with natural eyes one will not see there. but with the guidance of the Holy Ghost we can see it. let's open our minds, or spiritual eyes.

first what do a pastor do? scripture, Jeremiah 3:15 "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding".

so a pastor feed with "Knowledge and understanding". HOLD THAT THOUGHT.

do we see that in Joel 2:28? YES, but not with our natural eyes, but we can use them to find it out.

just like speaking in tongues was a gift of the Spirit, meaning it was in the out pouring of the Spirit on Pentecost, like wise the Pastoral Gift.

yes, it is listed right in 1 Corinthians 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit".

notice it said a WORD of wisdom, not wisdom (G4678, sophia) itself but a Word of wisdom. if I speak a word of wisdom unto you, one gets "UNDERSTANDING", it's ,G5428, phronesis Note: "While sophia is the insight into the true nature of things, phronesis is the ability to discern modes of action with a view to their results; while sophia is theoretical, phronesis is practical" (Lightfoot). Sunesis, "understanding, intelligence," is the critical faculty; this and phronesis are particular applications of sophia. (source Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words ).

knowing this, we have in verse 8 "the word of Wisdom" (UNDERSTANDING), and "the word of Knowledge" (KNOWLEDGE). so we have Knowledge & understanding. what are the function or work of the Pastor? again, Jeremiah 3:15 "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding".

there we have it. the pastoral gift is in the Spirit, as a matter of fact it's the very first gift listed there in 1 Corinthians 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit".

the same Spirit that enable the apostles to speak in tongues is the same Spirit that enables pastors to feed with knowledge and understanding.

by using this platform one can understand the many working of God, and get a better understanding of the bible itself.

as said this was for edification, hope it helped someone.

PCY