The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
as speaking last night, the Gifts of the Spirit in Joel 2:28, the PASTORAL GIFT.

God packs a lot into one Scripture, or into just one word, and we need the Holy Spirit to address theses hidden revelation unto us.

the pastor, or the GIFT, the pastoral gift in Joel 2:28. with natural eyes one will not see there. but with the guidance of the Holy Ghost we can see it. let's open our minds, or spiritual eyes.

first what do a pastor do? scripture, Jeremiah 3:15 "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding".

so a pastor feed with "Knowledge and understanding". HOLD THAT THOUGHT.

do we see that in Joel 2:28? YES, but not with our natural eyes, but we can use them to find it out.

just like speaking in tongues was a gift of the Spirit, meaning it was in the out pouring of the Spirit on Pentecost, like wise the Pastoral Gift.

yes, it is listed right in 1 Corinthians 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit".

notice it said a WORD of wisdom, not wisdom (G4678, sophia) itself but a Word of wisdom. if I speak a word of wisdom unto you, one gets "UNDERSTANDING", it's ,G5428, phronesis Note: "While sophia is the insight into the true nature of things, phronesis is the ability to discern modes of action with a view to their results; while sophia is theoretical, phronesis is practical" (Lightfoot). Sunesis, "understanding, intelligence," is the critical faculty; this and phronesis are particular applications of sophia. (source Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words ).

knowing this, we have in verse 8 "the word of Wisdom" (UNDERSTANDING), and "the word of Knowledge" (KNOWLEDGE). so we have Knowledge & understanding. what are the function or work of the Pastor? again, Jeremiah 3:15 "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding".

there we have it. the pastoral gift is in the Spirit, as a matter of fact it's the very first gift listed there in 1 Corinthians 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit".

the same Spirit that enable the apostles to speak in tongues is the same Spirit that enables pastors to feed with knowledge and understanding.

by using this platform one can understand the many working of God, and get a better understanding of the bible itself.

as said this was for edification, hope it helped someone.

PCY

I repeat since it seems you have not read either scriptures or my post correctly - both Joel and Acts 2:17 say all and everyone and not just some - so what you have written is much ado about nothing and superfluous nonsense simply trumped at Jn.14:17 correctly interpreted imho - twinc

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sin IS "against" God.
Only God forgives Sin.

Isa 43:25
I, even I, "Am HE" that blotteth out thy transgressions....

God Bless,
Taken
Actually that is not quiet true, for you see we can and must forgive those that sin against us, for if we do not than they are held accountable, that is why it says,

Mat 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Mat 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses

God bless

Reactions: Helen

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Mat 6:14) For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

(Mat 6:15) But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. (ALL NEV)

These verses tell the true believer in Christ to forgive especially other believers that have wronged us, whether they are actual sins or not.

Christ died for our sins and of course we believe it and would want to also forgive others because of what Christ did for us. It is a sign of spiritual attitude that shows an open heart to God. Our Father sees our heart and knows of any grudges we hold against others. These impediments can hamper our spiritual growth.

The actual forgiven of sin is not ours, only God’s affair. We really do not forgive sin else we count Christ’s work for nothing. We show a Christ-like attitude that promotes spiritual growth. It should be an instinctive thing to do as a believer.

APAK

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Sin IS "against" God.
Only God forgives Sin.

Isa 43:25
I, even I, "Am HE" that blotteth out thy transgressions....

God Bless,
Taken
my arg there would be that "blotting out" is different than "forgiving," but i know that seems lame, so you might search a bit more here in "forgiveness" and even "confession," who should you confess your sins to iow? Because wadr you cannot Quote any of that, and please put the Quotes separately if you would, ty. Note that they are all ppl making declarations about their perceptions, not like God or Jesus or anyone stating truth ok.
Bible Search: confess your sin to God
Bible Search: only God can forgive sins
Luke 6:37 Lexicon: "Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
my arg there would be that "blotting out" is different than "forgiving," but i know that seems lame, so you might search a bit more here in "forgiveness" and even "confession," who should you confess your sins to iow? Because wadr you cannot Quote any of that, and please put the Quotes separately if you would, ty. Note that they are all ppl making declarations about their perceptions, not like God or Jesus or anyone stating truth ok.
Luke 6:37 Lexicon: "Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned.

"who's sin you forgive shall be forgiven them" cannot and must not by any stretch of the imagination apply to you or I so guess who was addressed - twinc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"who's sin you forgive shall be forgiven them" cannot and must not by any stretch of the imagination apply to you or I so guess who was addressed - twinc
i'd have to disagree. We are to confess sin one to another and forgive the same way imo
God forgives you already, i'm pretty sure anyway
"who's sin you forgive shall be forgiven them" cannot and must not by any stretch of the imagination apply to you or I
? then who?

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I repeat since it seems you have not read either scriptures or my post correctly - both Joel and Acts 2:17 say all and everyone and not just some - so what you have written is much ado about nothing and superfluous nonsense simply trumped at Jn.14:17 correctly interpreted imho - twinc
GINOLJC, to all

I understand it that you cannot grasp spiritual things.

and as for your quote, "what you have written is much ado about nothing and superfluous nonsense". 1 Corinthians 2:13 "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned".

and as being trumped at Jn.14:17 correctly interpreted. LOL, LOL, LOL.

you have not read any of my writing. for I know that the Holy Ghost, the comforter is the Spirit of truth who came on the day of Pentecost, and that was the Lord JESUS, in his first of his two fold returns, according to John 14:17. ........ :cool:.

PCY

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually that is not quiet true, for you see we can and must forgive those that sin against us,

Transgression of the LAW is a sin.
Men under the LAW, were to forgive men for LAW Transgressions between the two men.

I am a Gentile, never under the Law.
A man has not the Lawful Authority to sin against me,
Nor have I the Lawful Authority to Forgive a man of committing Sin Against me.

I am not subject TO the Law.

I am Subject TO Christ.
Christ the Lord Jesus has the Power and Authority to FORGIVE SIN Against God.
I repented TO Christ, for my Sin AGAINST GOD, WHICH WAS "Disbelief" IN God.
Christ the Lord FORGAVE my SIN, and KEEPS me Faithful TO God Forever, BY His Indwelling Power.

I have the Authority to FORGIVE men their Trespasses AGAINST me.

"IF" I have been trespassed AGAINST or myself have trespassed AGAINST another....
Between myself and the other, WE have the Authority and option to Forgive one another our Trespasses.

"IF" I forgive my brother his Trespasses Against me, SO ALSO, will the Lord Forgive my Trespasses Against other men.

My Sin Against God...had nothing to do with the Law.
My Sin Against God...IS Forgiven.
The Lord has QUICKENED my spirit, now born of Gods incorruptable SEED.
I no longer am IN BONDAGE to Sin.
Nor can I commit Sin.
1 John 3:9

for if we do not than they are held accountable, that is why it says,

I thought you were a Gentile.
If you are a Jew, STILL under the Law, then certainly, what would apply to you, IS a Trsansgression of YOUR LAW, is a SIN.

That does not apply to me.

Mat 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Mat 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Yes, this applies to me. And it is in regard to Transgressions BETWEEN men of Trespassing.

I am fully aware Trespasses between men have and do occur and the Lord has provided a measure for remedy.

I am fully aware Sin is one acting Against the Law....which does not apply to me.

Also Sin is one in disbelif IN thee Lord God Almighty....which did apply to me....AND I sought and found the remedy which the Lord has provided. I am Forgiven and Now freed from Sin Against God, and thus Sin no more, being Kept free from Sin, by the indwelling Power of the Lord, who is faithful.

God Bless,
Taken

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
GINOLJC, to all

I understand it that you cannot grasp spiritual things.

and as for your quote, "what you have written is much ado about nothing and superfluous nonsense". 1 Corinthians 2:13 "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned".

and as being trumped at Jn.14:17 correctly interpreted. LOL, LOL, LOL.

you have not read any of my writing. for I know that the Holy Ghost, the comforter is the Spirit of truth who came on the day of Pentecost, and that was the Lord JESUS, in his first of his two fold returns, according to John 14:17. ........ :cool:.

PCY

naturally not grasped by you even at 1Cor 2:14 you claim to be supernatural which is not in the bible - in Jn 14:17 you are not you but you are the world same as I and the others - twinc

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Determining Which Scirptures apply to whom is Paramount.

OT men WERE subject "TO" the Law.
Routinely they Asked God for Forgiveness for Violating the Law.
Routinely they Asked other men for Forgiveness for Violating the Law, that caused a Trespass Against another man.

Any Violation of the LAW, was a Sin.
The SIN, was directly toward God or other men....and ASKING for Forgiveness was routinely effected between a man and God AND a man and man.

Every Jew in the NT being taught about Jesus, WAS STILL "under" the Law, until such time, they believed Jesus FULFILLED the Law, "AND" they had chosen to "commit" their Life to Christ the Lord Jesus.

There was much teaching and speaking via the Apostles TO the Jews in respect of WHAT it meant to give their Lift to the Lord Christ Jesus.

We can read and observe SOME understood it, some were confused and required more explaining, some rejected the whole teaching.

What was indepthly being taught to Jews under the Law, Have nothing to do with a Gentile. It is the information of WHAT it means giving ones life TO the subjection of the Lord that is the KEY information for Gentiles.

Sin is the violation of the Law.
Where there is NO LAW APPLIED, there IS NO SIN to be had.

A Gentiles Sin Was Disbelief IN GOD.
A Jews Sin Was/IS Violation of the Law.

So, dependent upon the APPLICABILITY of WHO one is, and WHAT one Does, the Forgiveness factor of Applicability becomes revealed.

BLOTTING out.

There can be NO BLOTTING OUT of a name, until the NAME is recoerded.

The Book of Life, records the NAME of Every man ever Born that has received the Breath of Life From God (ie a living soul).

This is the Book whereby Names ARE ABLE to be blotted out.

Souls of Saved men Shall remain in the Book of Life.
Unsaved Souls of unsaved men, shall have their names blotted out.

There is ALSO the Lamb's Book of Life.
The NAMES recorded in the Lamb's Book of Life are Names of Born Again spirits of men.
These such men have been made WHOLE, body, soul, spirit, with Forever Life, and shall never be blotted out of such book.

It requires understanding....
Jews who remain faithful TO THE LAW, shall be SAVED, but not yet QUICKENED (born again).
They are the remnant, WHO believe IN GOD, but could not believe, God "already" came in the flesh, in the likeness as a man, Called Jesus, whom they can not believe IS the Christ. Their names remain IN Gods Book of Life.....but has not yet been entered into the Lamb's Book of Life.

Gentiles who have come to believe IN GOD, IN Jesus IS the Christ, do not commit themselves to the Law, but rather TO Christ.
They receive their forgiveness, their saved soul and their quickened spirit and the indwelling Spirit of God.
Their name forever remains IN Gods book of Life AND the Lamb's Book of Life.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Mat 6:14) For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

(Mat 6:15) But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. (ALL NEV)

These verses tell the true believer in Christ to forgive especially other believers that have wronged us, whether they are actual sins or not.

Christ died for our sins and of course we believe it and would want to also forgive others because of what Christ did for us. It is a sign of spiritual attitude that shows an open heart to God. Our Father sees our heart and knows of any grudges we hold against others. These impediments can hamper our spiritual growth.

The actual forgiven of sin is not ours, only God’s affair. We really do not forgive sin else we count Christ’s work for nothing. We show a Christ-like attitude that promotes spiritual growth. It should be an instinctive thing to do as a believer.

APAK

Correct...

God forgives men the Transgressions of Sins.
Men forgive men the Transgression of Trespasses.

IF a man forgives a man of Trespasses, so also will the Lord forgiven men of "their" Tresspasses.

God Bless,
Taken

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Correct...

IF a man forgives a man of Trespasses, so also will the Lord forgiven men of "their" Tresspasses.

God Bless,
Taken

can one also forgive someone who trespasses against the Lord/Holy Spirit - twinc

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can one also forgive someone who trespasses against the Lord/Holy Spirit - twinc

Uh, I would say no.
One can teach another The Lord CAN forgiven their Sin against God.
One can inform another The Lord HAS forgiven their Sin.

But I do not believe a man CAN FORGIVE Sin Against God, "FOR" another man.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'd have to disagree. We are to confess sin one to another and forgive the same way imo
God forgives you already, i'm pretty sure anyway
? then who?

Confess your sins to one another....

If you are a Jew and confess you have violated a law, that affects "another"....whom should you confess TO? The man WHOM you sinned AGAINST? And further followed by an asking of forgiveness AND reparations for the harm you have caused to the Other?

Sin between men APPLIES to men under the Law.

If you are a Gentile and confess you have Sinned against God, what SIN is that against a man? A Gentiles SIN is Against God for not believing IN God. As a Gentile shall you confess to another, you do not believe in God?
If you do not believe in God, why would you think that you are committing a Sin, and then tell another? You would not be confessing a SIN, you would simply be making a declaration of Disbelief.

If you are a Gentile, To whom is your confession of disbelief and then belief made?
To Him you call on .... ie Christ the Lord.

IOW - Gentiles who Follow Scriptural teachings, believe they were Born in Sin, and Commit Sin Against God for their Disbelief....and many, at some point Confess their Sin to the Lord, and repent, and are forgiven By the Lord.

Thereafter, WHAT is their Sin to Confess, to other men? "They" violated a Law? (As applies to Jews) ?

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Determining Which Scirptures apply to whom is Paramount.
:rolleyes: ok go with that then, but what are you gonna do with the like half of Scripture that assures you otherwise?
Not worried about being counted least in the kingdom, huh?

you find a Scripture that you think doesn't apply to you, post It and let's see, ok?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
:rolleyes: and you imagine a difference, for some reason. Why i cannot fathom. Both the same word, y'know.
ah, could you Quote this for me too, ty. That is not Christ wadr, and this can be easily demonstrated

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Sin IS "against" God.
Only God forgives Sin.
23If you forgive people's sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.
16confess your sins, one to another

and fwiw all sin is ultimately against God, sure, but even these (2) are being warped into something that cannot be maintained, ok. Now as long as you are playing oracle i am not going to even reply any more, so you get the last word here

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes: ok go with that then, but what are you gonna do with the like half of Scripture that assures you otherwise?

It doesn't matter to me if you think the whole of scripture applies to you.

However the whole of scripture does not apply to me....

The Scripture that does not apply to me, I have no need to consider in regard to me.

Not worried about being counted least in the kingdom, huh?

No.

you find a Scripture that you think doesn't apply to you, post It and let's see, ok?

1 John 1:1...
I have not seen Jesus...
But other men did.

1 John 1:8
If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves....

I have never said that....

1 John 1:10 IF we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar.

I have never said that....

Have you Seen Jesus, have you said those things? If so, then those Scriptures would apply to you.

They do not apply to me.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
However the whole of scripture does not apply to me....
i don't think you are deliberately misquoting Scripture, ok, and you seem very decent, even for an oracle.
so i'd like to suggest re-reading your output from a year ago, five years ago, like that, and seeing if you...see anything.
that you would change now if you could, or whatever.