The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes: and you imagine a difference, for some reason. Why i cannot fathom. Both the same word, y'know.
ah, could you Quote this for me too, ty. That is not Christ wadr, and this can be easily demonstrated

Matt 6:12

Not sure why you think Understanding Scripture is easily demonstrated.

I was never taught to Believe IN MEN.
But I was taught that to NOT BELIEVE IN GOD is A SIN, and only God forgives Sin.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
23If you forgive people's sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.
16confess your sins, one to another

and fwiw all sin is ultimately against God, sure, but even these (2) are being warped into something that cannot be maintained, ok. Now as long as you are playing oracle i am not going to even reply any more, so you get the last word here

No problem..

If you are under the Law, then sure, you can maintain a sinful nature and continue to sin, and repeatedly ask for forgiveness.

That also does not apply to Jews WHO, were under the Law, and THEN subjected themselves to Christ. Their Laws were not destroyed. Their Laws were fulfilled. And "THEY" were "REDEEMED" from the "CONSEQUENCES" of the Law.
Gal 3:13

I was not, am not under the Law, NOR the "consequences" of violating the law.

I subjected myself to CHRIST. He provided me a Way to be forgiven forever, and NOT able to SIN against God.

Sounds like you are trying to apply both Jewish Sin (Curse) laws to you AND being subject TO Christ.

Scripture teaches to DIVIDE the WORD OF TRUTH. If something applies to YOU, it applies to you. If it doesn't, It doesn't.

You, appear, like many Christians, to pretend you are subject to Both Christ and Jewish Law.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i don't think you are deliberately misquoting Scripture, ok, and you seem very decent, even for an oracle.
so i'd like to suggest re-reading your output from a year ago, five years ago, like that, and seeing if you...see anything.
that you would change now if you could, or whatever.

Remember the Written word of God was not divided into Books, Chapters, Verses, with punctuations, until much later.

Scripture was simply written by scribes, then transferred to scrolls.

It was later for the ease of reading scrolls were transcribed into smaller books, and later divided by Book headings, Chapters, Verses and punctuation.

Point being; One Written Verse may apply to two completely different people, or actions.

Dividing what does apply from what does not apply, does not change scripture, it simply reveals its applicability to an individual.

All individuals are different. We do not all do the exact same things, and certainly not at the exact same times.

You have to determine what applies to you, BY what you have subjected yourself TO...same as I do for myself.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Not sure why you think Understanding Scripture is easily demonstrated.
but that is irrelevant, though; either i could or could not, in this case.
So what you have done here is avoided the Q, and changed the subject, right?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
and only God forgives Sin.
so, you maybe got a little papist in the woodpile, not a big deal, i guess we're all Romans anyway. The Book will straighten everything out i guess, or you can believe that until the day you die. Doesn't make it true, and the truth won't change, right.

Forgive and you will be forgiven, regardless of what you believe, etc. You might note who it is that you are Quoting from Scripture, and see that you are saying "i'm this guy." it's only in like one place, right? Mark?

so, i'm down to where i said you get the last word here, so i wish you the best, ok
"Mark concludes the passage very much the way Matthew does, with Jesus’ words and then the miracle. Mark closes with the people’s amazement over this miracle, but he does not include the words of Matthew’s explanation that God had given such authority to men..." 12. The Authority To Forgive Sins (Matthew 9:1-8)

All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but that is irrelevant, though; either i could or could not, in this case.
So what you have done here is avoided the Q, and changed the subject, right?

Perhaps you could plainly state your disagreement with something I have said.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, you maybe got a little papist in the woodpile, not a big deal, i guess we're all Romans anyway. The Book will straighten everything out i guess, or you can believe that until the day you die. Doesn't make it true, and the truth won't change, right.

Your language references nothing I have said, so not sure your point.

Forgive and you will be forgiven
regardless of what you believe, etc.

What do you mean "regardless of what I believe"?

Where did I say anything to the contrary of forgive and you will be forgiven?

You might note who it is that you are Quoting from Scripture, and see that you are saying "i'm this guy." it's only in like one place, right? Mark?

Huh?

so, i'm down to where i said you get the last word here, so i wish you the best, ok
"Mark concludes the passage very much the way Matthew does, with Jesus’ words and then the miracle. Mark closes with the people’s amazement over this miracle, but he does not include the words of Matthew’s explanation that God had given such authority to men..." 12. The Authority To Forgive Sins (Matthew 9:1-8)

Ok, gotcha ... your point.

You are saying this Scripture teaches you men were given Authority to Forgive sins.

I disagree.

I believe authority to forgive Sin belongs to God, and Jesus was God in the Flesh.

I do not believe the crowd was amazed by a man receiving forgiveness, they could not see.

I believe the crowd was amazed at SEEING a man being physically healed and THAT is the same authority and power given men, to speak a healing over other men.

All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness

Yep.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then you are disagreeing with yourself, wadr, i mean you can't have it both ways here.

No, I am not disagreeing with myself.
I understand differently than you.

Hebrews / Jews are taught....IF they are under the Law, violations of the Law IS SIN.
And yes Hebrews / Jews Under the Law DO FORGIVE one man to another man of Violation of the Law.
So yes, effectively, Under the Law, men forgive men of Sin.

I was not, am not under the Law.
I was not, am not "subject TO" the Law.
I DO NOT forgive men of SIN, "according TO THE LAW".

Point blank...I do not consider the Law.
It did not, does not APPLY to me or AFFECT me.

Because I am NOT under the Law, what APPLIES to MEN "under the Law", does not apply to me.

I am SUBJECT "TO" Christ the Lord Jesus, WHOM, is God in the Flesh, WHOM whether in the Flesh, called Jesus, the Son of God, or Christ, God in the Flesh and the Spirit of God....He alone is the forgiver of sins, and because my belief is I was naturally born in sin, it was Him alone, I asked for forgiveness
Of being naturally born in sin, and corrupting my soul and Because I trust He is Faithful, that He Forgave my sin Against Him....

And THAT BY HIS Power, He freed me from Sin Against Him, and Keeps me freed from Sin Against Him.

My SIN between the Lord and myself has been Remedied, According To HIS WAY "for" any man WHO "subjects" themselves "TO" Christ.

In short....My sin is resolved between the Lord and myself.

Now...Do I know all things? No.
Can I trespass, cause harm to other men?
Sure.
Are my trespasses againt men....SINS?
No.
Why not?

Because as scripture reveals, SIN is a violation of LAWS.
1 John 3:4

Does Scripture reveal how a man can remedy their own trespasses against other men?
Yes.
Luke 17:3

I see a difference between SIN and TRESPASSING.

I see SIN Against God, and Forgiven By God.
I see TRESPASSING Against men, and Forgiven By Men......and God, for those men who forgiven men.

A natural born man IS DEAD in both SIN "and" TRESPASSES.
Eph 2:1

A spiritually born man IS Forgiven and Born Again via Gods Seed...Alive IN Christ.
Eph 2:1

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Does Scripture reveal how a man can remedy their own trespasses against other men?
Yes.
Luke 17:3
um, you might notice the dichotomy in what you said v what the verse is about; that v is about ezackly the opposite thing wadr.

and as for the rest, you might confront the vv you currently do not reflect upon at all, i guess, bc surely you will not be released until you have paid the last penny, ok. You have to keep the laws that apply to you, and you will be considered least in the kingdom for teaching men otherwise. Now address those if you will, without regurgitating some bad interpretation of some other vv and changing the subject, at least imo. Even if your interp does not match mine, at least acknowledge them some kind of way.

oh, i guess you have, huh? "they don't apply to me."
"All Scripture is not good for..all the things It says it's good for."
"Isaraelites/Jews/Hebrews means 'born in Israel' only, and nevermind what Scripture says about the matter elsewhere"
etc

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um, you might notice the dichotomy in what you said v what the verse is about; that v is about ezackly the opposite thing

Luke 17 : 3
Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him: and if he repent, forgive him.
KJV
Geneva

and as for the rest, you might confront the vv you currently do not reflect upon at all,

Your advice is to spend my time considering what does not apply to me?

My understanding is to know what applies to me, consider that, and spend my time serving the Lord as He directs me.

i guess, bc surely you will not be released until you have paid the last penny, ok.

My reasonable service is...
That I present my body a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God...

Subjecting myself TO CHRIST, and by and through His Grace and Power of Conversion, has made my reasonable service possible..

You have to keep the laws that apply to you,

And what LAWS would those be?

and you will be considered least in the kingdom for teaching men otherwise.

I do not teach men what applies to me applies to all men. I say each individual must decide for themselves what applies TO THEM.

Now address those if you will, without regurgitating some bad interpretation of some other vv and changing the subject, at least imo. Even if your interp does not match mine, at least acknowledge them some kind of way.

I think I was pretty clear.

oh, i guess you have, huh? "they don't apply to me."
"All Scripture is not good for..all the things It says it's good for."

I did not say it was not good. Why say something I did not say?

"Isaraelites/Jews/Hebrews means 'born in Israel' only, and nevermind what Scripture says about the matter elsewhere"
etc

ISRAEL <---- THAT NAME IS Gods People.
It is not land.
It is not a particular race of people.
Jews / Gentiles that are Gods People are:
ISRAEL.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, and you get real quiet around certain passages too, huh, just like mjr, twinc, HR, all of your kin.
do you even see them?

If you have a "certain" accusation...make it clear.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would say yes, consider that you may not have that 100% correct maybe.

I Trust the Lord, that what He says IS, and His Power Effects What He says IS.

God Bless,
Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was not, am not under the Law.
I was not, am not "subject TO" the Law.
I DO NOT forgive men of SIN, "according TO THE LAW".

Point blank...I do not consider the Law.
It did not, does not APPLY to me or AFFECT me.

Because I am NOT under the Law, what APPLIES to MEN "under the Law", does not apply t

So, do you consider yourself free from Matt 22:37-
"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

The root of sin has been dealt with.
The ONLY sin that remains..is to sin against Love.