The Identity of the Two Witnesses of Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
YES, I do. I can remember growing up when we could leave out door, as well as the screen door open when leaving our house. and this was in the twentieth century...... (smile)

History ever repeats.

No, I just used it a a second witness, hence TWO WITNESS...... (smile).

Well if that's all you need: ASV WH NA, that's three and I can think of two more off the top of my head. IOW: That's a silly game. You want to give me a second witness, show me two or more within the Scriptures.

Deu 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not too hard for thee, neither is it far off.

1Jo 5:3 for this is the love of God, that His commands we may keep, and His commands are not burdensome;

No need, "I'm GOOD"... (smile).

Fair 'nuf.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
History ever repeats.
Good then that statement you gave about the thousand years is null and void.
Well if that's all you need: ASV WH NA, that's three and I can think of two more off the top of my head. IOW: That's a silly game. You want to give me a second witness, show me two or more within the Scriptures.

Deu 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not too hard for thee, neither is it far off.

1Jo 5:3 for this is the love of God, that His commands we may keep, and His commands are not burdensome;
Richard, don't be silly... (smile). discuss, ok, conversation is for facebook and tweeter, alright... (smile)

now if you have someone else identified as the two witness please post them...:D let's stay on topic.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Richard, don't be silly... (smile). discuss, ok, conversation is for facebook and tweeter, alright... (smile)

I thought that was what we were doing. Discussing the merit, quality and quantity of the "witness". I posted a verse, you "corrected" me upon it. You claimed you supplied a "second" witness. I was merely pointing out how silly that was, since you were in essence claiming the same "witness" twice. Thus when I mentioned three, that also is in essence claiming the same "witness" three times, it was to point out how silly such a thing is.

I then gave you an example of the type of "second" witness that I would to see.

In Revelation 11:8, it clearly states, where also Jesus was crucified. Revelation would have been written circa 54-68 CE, thus the "was" crucified.

now if you have someone else identified as the two witness please post them...:D let's stay on topic.

I already did.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Revelation 11:8, it clearly states, where also Jesus was crucified. Revelation would have been written circa 54-68 CE, thus the "was" crucified.
Revelation 11:8 "And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified". where OUR Lord was crucified is to tell us where (the city) one of the two witness was martyr. he just told you. this is the City Identity of the battle, read verse 7. because the great city Jerusalem is that great city. Richard, Richard how hard is it?.

now you said, "I already did". who, I missed it.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Revelation 11:8 "And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified". where OUR Lord was crucified is to tell us where (the city) one of the two witness was martyr. he just told you. this is the City Identity of the battle, read verse 7. because the great city Jerusalem is that great city. Richard, Richard how hard is it?.

now you said, "I already did". who, I missed it.

Thank you. Now you have entered into discussion. You managed a whole reply to me without saying that I was in error or that you corrected me.

Since you use the TR based KJV, I am going to use the WH based ASV.

For the sake of this, I using 54 to 65 CE as the time of writing. It could have been as late as 68 CE, but no later, and even that is not likely as the burning of Jerusalem occurred circa 66 CE which imo places the writing of Revelation as prior to 66 CE. But still after 54 CE.

Rev 11:2 And the court which is without the temple leave without, and measure it not; for it hath been given unto the nations: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Was the city trampled underfoot by the nations for 42 months during the time of Jesus and JohntB? No.

Rev 11:3 And I will give unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Future tense as of 54 - 65 CE.

Rev 11:6 These have the power to shut the heaven, that it rain not during the days of their prophecy: and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to smite the earth with every plague, as often as they shall desire.

Historically speaking, or should I say, Biblically speaking, what two did such as the above?

Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that cometh up out of the abyss shall make war with them, and overcome them, and kill them.

Again, the use of future tense. The beast that comes up out the abyss: Who is that "beast"? Are you claiming that particular "beast" is Rome and Judah? Or, Rome or Judah?

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.

Back to the verse in question: Certainly, as you have stated, it identifies the city. But as of the time of writing, circa 54-65 CE, it speaks of the crucifixion as past tense. So while it identifies the city, it does not identify Jesus and JohntB.

Now whether it is "our" or "their", is more a matter of semantics. And is pointless to this discussion. Again, their bodies lie in the street.

Rev 11:9 And from among the peoples and tribes and tongues and nations do men look upon their dead bodies three days and a half, and suffer not their dead bodies to be laid in a tomb.

Their dead bodies are looked upon for three and half days. Not laid in a tomb. Jesus is clearly recorded as having been laid in a tomb. As for JohntB, we are not clearly told.

Rev 11:11 And after the three days and a half the breath of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them that beheld them.

After three and half days of laying in the street, the breath of life enters into them. Do you have any testimony whatsoever to support that this happened with regard to JohntB?

Rev 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they went up into heaven in the cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

They and them. They were called up. There is no testimony / witness of such having occurred to JohntB, nor of they/them being called up together.

Rev 11:13 And in that hour there was a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell; and there were killed in the earthquake seven thousand persons: and the rest were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Do you have any testimony / witness to a tenth part of the city having fallen with the earthquake that occurred upon the death of Jesus, or the one that occurred when the stone was rolled away?

That the stone was rolled away, is testimony / witness enough, to prove that Jesus was not one of the "two witnesses" of Revelation 11.

Rev 11:14 The second Woe is past: behold, the third Woe cometh quickly.

The first woe, was in Revelation 9, and the sixth angel sounded:

Rev 9:11 They have over them as king the angel of the abyss: his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in the Greek tongue he hath the name Apollyon.
Rev 9:12 The first Woe is past: behold, there come yet two Woes hereafter.
Rev 9:13 And the sixth angel sounded ...

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there followed great voices in heaven, and they said, The kingdom of the world is become the kingdom of our Lord, and of his Christ: and he shall reign for ever and ever.

The seventh angel sounds. Which, I will not go into here, as I do not wish to allow opportunity to get sidetracked.

Rev 11:18c ... and the time of the dead to be judged, and the time to give their reward to thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and to them that fear thy name, the small and the great; and to destroy them that destroy the earth.

Which, is still clearly future. Even to one who is nearly a preterist such as myself.

Edit: Further in your reply, you stated and I quote: "where (the city) one of the two witness was martyr". However, if you notice the consistent language of Revelation 11, they were together in the city, they died and rose together, they were taken up together. You can not support Jesus and JohntB in that manner.

The language employed imo also disallows an interpretation of the OT / NT as the "two witnesses".

Last edited:
Reactions: Dcopymope

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. Now you have entered into discussion. You managed a whole reply to me without saying that I was in error or that you corrected me.

Since you use the TR based KJV, I am going to use the WH based ASV.

For the sake of this, I using 54 to 65 CE as the time of writing. It could have been as late as 68 CE, but no later, and even that is not likely as the burning of Jerusalem occurred circa 66 CE which imo places the writing of Revelation as prior to 66 CE. But still after 54 CE.

Rev 11:2 And the court which is without the temple leave without, and measure it not; for it hath been given unto the nations: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Was the city trampled underfoot by the nations for 42 months during the time of Jesus and JohntB? No.

Rev 11:3 And I will give unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Rev 11:6 These have the power to shut the heaven, that it rain not during the days of their prophecy: and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to smite the earth with every plague, as often as they shall desire.

Historically speaking, or should I say, Biblically speaking, what two did such as the above?

Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that cometh up out of the abyss shall make war with them, and overcome them, and kill them.

Again, the use of future tense. The beast that comes up out the abyss: Who is that "beast"? Are you claiming that particular "beast" is Rome and Judah? Or, Rome or Judah?

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.

Back to the verse in question: Certainly, as you have stated, it identifies the city. But as of the time of writing, circa 54-65 CE, it speaks of the crucifixion as past tense. So while it identifies the city, it does not identify Jesus and JohntB.

Now whether it is "our" or "their", is more a matter of semantics. And is pointless to this discussion. Again, their bodies lie in the street.

Rev 11:9 And from among the peoples and tribes and tongues and nations do men look upon their dead bodies three days and a half, and suffer not their dead bodies to be laid in a tomb.

Their dead bodies are looked upon for three and half days. Not laid in a tomb. Jesus is clearly recorded as having been laid in a tomb. As for JohntB, we are not clearly told.

Rev 11:11 And after the three days and a half the breath of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them that beheld them.

After three and half days of laying in the street, the breath of life enters into them. Do you have any testimony whatsoever to support that this happened with regard to JohntB?

Rev 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they went up into heaven in the cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

They and them. They were called up. There is no testimony / witness of such having occurred to JohntB, nor of they/them being called up together.

Rev 11:13 And in that hour there was a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell; and there were killed in the earthquake seven thousand persons: and the rest were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Do you have any testimony / witness to a tenth part of the city having fallen with the earthquake that occurred upon the death of Jesus, or the one that occurred when the stone was rolled away?

That the stone was rolled away, is testimony / witness enough, to prove that Jesus was not one of the "two witnesses" of Revelation 11.

Rev 11:14 The second Woe is past: behold, the third Woe cometh quickly.

The first woe, was in Revelation 9, and the sixth angel sounded:

Rev 9:11 They have over them as king the angel of the abyss: his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in the Greek tongue he hath the name Apollyon.
Rev 9:12 The first Woe is past: behold, there come yet two Woes hereafter.
Rev 9:13 And the sixth angel sounded ...

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there followed great voices in heaven, and they said, The kingdom of the world is become the kingdom of our Lord, and of his Christ: and he shall reign for ever and ever.

The seventh angel sounds. Which, I will not go into here, as I do not wish to allow opportunity to get sidetracked.

Rev 11:18c ... and the time of the dead to be judged, and the time to give their reward to thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and to them that fear thy name, the small and the great; and to destroy them that destroy the earth.

Which, is still clearly future. Even to one who is nearly a preterist such as myself.

Edit: Further in your reply, you stated and I quote: "where (the city) one of the two witness was martyr". However, if you notice the consistent language of Revelation 11, they were together in the city, they died and rose together, they were taken up together. You can not support Jesus and JohntB in that manner.

The language employed imo also disallows an interpretation of the OT / NT as the "two witnesses".
First thanks for the response. I'M ON my phone now but later when I get home I will address your post. But in the meantime understand what John measured and what a measure is here in Rev. And 2 remember Revelation is not in chronological order . JOHN WAS TOLD to write what had happen is now and what is to come

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm using the KJV, see measure don't mean a tape measure, it the standard (of faith and practice). in the OT it's call a "LINE". the measure of holiness. and to trample is to pull down strongholds. just do your research of LINE in the old testament.
42 month is thousand two hundred and threescore days or 3 1/2 years which is their MINISTRY :p

sackcloth is penance, as in sorrowful, as in Repentance, scripture, Mark 1:4 "John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins". what about the Lord Jesus, Matthew 4:17 "From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand".

SYMBOLISM, supportive scripture, Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John". I hope you know what signified means? the meaning or idea expressed by a sign, as distinct from the physical form in which it is expressed.
distinct, what do it mean? recognizably different in nature from something else of a similar type.
let's see Moses turns the water of Egypt into blood. the Lord Jesus, turns water into wine, the SIMILAR TYPE, wine is red, hence blood. Elijah, to shut the heaven, drought, (LESS WATER) it produce a famine. Amos 8:11 "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD". John: John 3:23 "And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized". the similar type Elijah (LESS WATER), John (MORE WATER). man this is too easy.
Yes, the whore of the "great city" ... too easy.
see above.
Again, the use of future tense. The beast that comes up out the abyss:
future tense? did you not see, "AFTER, AFTER, AFTER their testimony "shall" come after "AFTER".
I believe I answered that.
scripture, Matthew 27:52 "And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many". tongue and nation? Acts 2:5 "And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven". case closed.
now, if you quote scripture, get it right. "and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves". do you know what "PUT" means? bring into a particular state or condition. they was never given proper burials. just read... (smile).
again, Matthew 27:52 "And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many". many of the saint including John rose. notice AFTER the Lord resurrection. now, there is more to this, but for now, I'll wait..... (smile)

Revelation 11:12 "And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them". notice they hear, not John nor us... (smile). supportive scripture, Acts 1:10 "And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel". now, did John have a resurrected body then? no, so they only saw the Lord BODY. do we have biblical proof of spirits being called up to heaven? yes, Revelation 4:1 & 2 "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, (And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither.) and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne." case closed.

Revelation 11:13 "And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
U said, "Do you have any testimony / witness to a tenth part of the city having fallen with the earthquake that occurred upon the death of Jesus, or the one that occurred when the stone was rolled away?. no testimony need, only scripture, first, you have the wrong earthquake, this happen AFTER his ascension, and to understand the rest read the book of ACTS.

Now I took time and answered all of your question. now I would like for you to answer all of the SAME question.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Now I took time and answered all of your question. now I would like for you to answer all of the SAME question.

I took the liberty of moving your closing statement here. You did not answer all my questions. In fact, you stopped short, cutting off a question, and sidestepped a direct answer to a question. The point here being, considering the number of questions that you have not addressed in our attempted discussions, is it not a little hypocritical for you to attempt to say your would like me to address all?

I'm using the KJV, see measure don't mean a tape measure, it the standard (of faith and practice). in the OT it's call a "LINE". the measure of holiness. and to trample is to pull down strongholds. just do your research of LINE in the old testament.

And how does that answer my question / point: "Was the city trampled underfoot by the nations for 42 months during the time of Jesus and JohntB? No."

You just sidestepped and attempted to evade the point.

42 month is thousand two hundred and threescore days or 3 1/2 years which is their MINISTRY :p

You have made a claim which from my perspective is conjecture. Would you care to offer support that three and half years are the length of the ministry of both Jesus and JohntB?

Because John currently disputes you, unless you can fit a time span of 6 months within:

Joh 2:11 This beginning of his signs did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested his glory; and his disciples believed on him. 12 After this he went down to Capernaum, he, and his mother, and his brethren, and his disciples; and there they abode not many days. 13 And the passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

Now, would you care to offer some supporting evidence that the city was trampled by the nations during the time / ministry of Jesus and JohntB?

sackcloth is penance, as in sorrowful, as in Repentance, scripture, Mark 1:4 "John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins". what about the Lord Jesus, Matthew 4:17 "From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand".

Again, rather than to directly address the point, you sidestep. Me thinks you watched the "Best Little W****house in Texas" one too many times. Ewww, I love to do a little sidestep, dance around the wide step, now you see me now you don't, I'm come and gone ...

SYMBOLISM, supportive scripture, Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John". I hope you know what signified means? the meaning or idea expressed by a sign, as distinct from the physical form in which it is expressed.
distinct, what do it mean? recognizably different in nature from something else of a similar type.
let's see Moses turns the water of Egypt into blood. the Lord Jesus, turns water into wine, the SIMILAR TYPE, wine is red, hence blood. Elijah, to shut the heaven, drought, (LESS WATER) it produce a famine. Amos 8:11 "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD". John: John 3:23 "And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized". the similar type Elijah (LESS WATER), John (MORE WATER).

Which, IF that above had any merit, you can't possibly expect me to even consider it when you sidestep and refuse to give a direct answer to everything else. What you have offered is weak at best. Sure, let's claim "symbolism", and by such, we can attempt to make anything "symbolize" most anything.

man this is too easy.

Of course it is when you do not directly address a point or question.

Yes, the whore of the "great city" ... too easy.

Care to try again? The woman, is the great city which reigns over the kings of the earth, and which rode the "beast". The woman is not the "beast" which comes up out of the abyss.

This is why, I find it truly hard to take you at all serious.

see above.

There was nothing to see the first time. Rather than to address to the beast which came up out of the abyss was future tense from circa 54-65 CE. you attempt to point it as being something that it is clearly not.

future tense? did you not see, "AFTER, AFTER, AFTER their testimony "shall" come after "AFTER".

And kill them, future tense at the time of writing circa 54-65 CE. Hard to kill someone some 30 years after the fact. Which is based upon the time of writing, not the time of occurrence, which is later yet.

I believe I answered that.

Actually no, you did not. You addressed "our", not "was". Further, you deleted some text and did not address it.

scripture, Matthew 27:52 "And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many". tongue and nation? Acts 2:5 "And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven". case closed.

Which, does nothing to address that the bodies of the "two witnesses" laid in the street for three and half days, and then the breath of life reentered them. Your just pulling out whatever you think you can get to stick and then you say "case closed", when the reality is that you so far haven't really addressed a single point. Revelation 11:9 clearly states they were not laid in tomb. Jesus is clearly stated to have been placed in a tomb. JohntB was buried [cf Mat 14:12].

now, if you quote scripture, get it right. "and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves". do you know what "PUT" means? bring into a particular state or condition. they was never given proper burials. just read... (smile).

Confer Matthew 14:12. And for someone who like's his "dictionary", you might want to look up the word in question.

again, Matthew 27:52 "And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many". many of the saint including John rose. notice AFTER the Lord resurrection. now, there is more to this, but for now, I'll wait..... (smile)

Where's your second witness? You state the "John" rose. Yet that also is conjecture. You have no supporting evidence, other than you claim it is so. A claim that is pure conjecture, using a couple of verses in some attempt to support it, of which there is no second witness.

You do know that at the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

To be continued

Reactions: KBCid

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Revelation 11:12 "And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them". notice they hear, not John nor us... (smile). supportive scripture, Acts 1:10 "And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel". now, did John have a resurrected body then? no, so they only saw the Lord BODY. do we have biblical proof of spirits being called up to heaven? yes, Revelation 4:1 & 2 "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, (And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither.) and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne." case closed.

Thus you prove that you also can attempt to fit disjointed verses together to make the text say nearly anything you desire it to say. All the while, completely disregarding my point, that the verse expressly states "their enemies beheld them". But you give me a little song and dance and hope to distract and redirect as you do the "sidestep".

Revelation 11:13 "And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
U said, "Do you have any testimony / witness to a tenth part of the city having fallen with the earthquake that occurred upon the death of Jesus, or the one that occurred when the stone was rolled away?. no testimony need, only scripture, first, you have the wrong earthquake, this happen AFTER his ascension, and to understand the rest read the book of ACTS.

So IOW: You've got bupkis. For there is no record of a tenth part of the city having fallen anywhere near the time of the ascension.

Let's see, in Acts 16 there is an earthquake, the doors were opened and Paul was released. No record of a tenth part of the city having fallen.

I notice you snipped a good portion. And, I noticed the manner in which you snipped things.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I took the liberty of moving your closing statement here. You did not answer all my questions. In fact, you stopped short, cutting off a question, and sidestepped a direct answer to a question. The point here being, considering the number of questions that you have not addressed in our attempted discussions, is it not a little hypocritical for you to attempt to say your would like me to address all?

And how does that answer my question / point: "Was the city trampled underfoot by the nations for 42 months during the time of Jesus and JohntB? No."

You just sidestepped and attempted to evade the point.

You have made a claim which from my perspective is conjecture. Would you care to offer support that three and half years are the length of the ministry of both Jesus and JohntB?

Because John currently disputes you, unless you can fit a time span of 6 months within:

Joh 2:11 This beginning of his signs did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested his glory; and his disciples believed on him. 12 After this he went down to Capernaum, he, and his mother, and his brethren, and his disciples; and there they abode not many days. 13 And the passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

Now, would you care to offer some supporting evidence that the city was trampled by the nations during the time / ministry of Jesus and JohntB?

Again, rather than to directly address the point, you sidestep. Me thinks you watched the "Best Little W****house in Texas" one too many times. Ewww, I love to do a little sidestep, dance around the wide step, now you see me now you don't, I'm come and gone ...

Which, IF that above had any merit, you can't possibly expect me to even consider it when you sidestep and refuse to give a direct answer to everything else. What you have offered is weak at best. Sure, let's claim "symbolism", and by such, we can attempt to make anything "symbolize" most anything.

Of course it is when you do not directly address a point or question.

Care to try again? The woman, is the great city which reigns over the kings of the earth, and which rode the "beast". The woman is not the "beast" which comes up out of the abyss.

This is why, I find it truly hard to take you at all serious.

There was nothing to see the first time. Rather than to address to the beast which came up out of the abyss was future tense from circa 54-65 CE. you attempt to point it as being something that it is clearly not.

And kill them, future tense at the time of writing circa 54-65 CE. Hard to kill someone some 30 years after the fact. Which is based upon the time of writing, not the time of occurrence, which is later yet.

Actually no, you did not. You addressed "our", not "was". Further, you deleted some text and did not address it.

Which, does nothing to address that the bodies of the "two witnesses" laid in the street for three and half days, and then the breath of life reentered them. Your just pulling out whatever you think you can get to stick and then you say "case closed", when the reality is that you so far haven't really addressed a single point. Revelation 11:9 clearly states they were not laid in tomb. Jesus is clearly stated to have been placed in a tomb. JohntB was buried [cf Mat 14:12].

Confer Matthew 14:12. And for someone who like's his "dictionary", you might want to look up the word in question.

Where's your second witness? You state the "John" rose. Yet that also is conjecture. You have no supporting evidence, other than you claim it is so. A claim that is pure conjecture, using a couple of verses in some attempt to support it, of which there is no second witness.

You do know that at the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

To be continued
you had a chance to reprove, but you didn't or couldn't. never gave name of two witness. nor prove who they are. you have my two names and my proof. so no need to try or continue.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus you prove that you also can attempt to fit disjointed verses together to make the text say nearly anything you desire it to say. All the while, completely disregarding my point, that the verse expressly states "their enemies beheld them". But you give me a little song and dance and hope to distract and redirect as you do the "sidestep".

So IOW: You've got bupkis. For there is no record of a tenth part of the city having fallen anywhere near the time of the ascension.

Let's see, in Acts 16 there is an earthquake, the doors were opened and Paul was released. No record of a tenth part of the city having fallen.

I notice you snipped a good portion. And, I noticed the manner in which you snipped things.
the topic is the two witness, not what happen after them. see, you're not informed. an earthquake symbolically is not a physical actual earthquake. just like you didn't understand what "measure" means. so how can I teach you heavenly things when you cannot understand earthly thing. just for example, Revelation 11:5 "And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed". do you think literal fire came out of their mouth? well why do you think that there was a literal earthquake in Acts chapter 2 & 3?. my, my, my, Richard. you still have a lots to learn

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
you had a chance to reprove, but you didn't or couldn't. never gave name of two witness. nor prove who they are. you have my two names and my proof. so no need to try or continue.

<chuckle> There is no "proving" who they are. It is all conjecture. However, your conjecture does not hold up.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
the topic is the two witness, not what happen after them. see, you're not informed. an earthquake symbolically is not a physical actual earthquake. just like you didn't understand what "measure" means. so how can I teach you heavenly things when you cannot understand earthly thing. just for example, Revelation 11:5 "And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed". do you think literal fire came out of their mouth? well why do you think that there was a literal earthquake in Acts chapter 2 & 3?. my, my, my, Richard. you still have a lots to learn

We haven't even begun to discuss what would happen after them. I am just looking for a supporting "witness" from you to support your claims. You claimed 3 1/2 years, the book of John disallows your claim. Revelation claims the city was given unto the nations and trampled underfoot, your claim is contrary to Scripture here. The two witnesses are future tense at the time of writing, this does not support your claim. They shall be in the city where Jesus was crucified, this does not support your claim. The two witnesses are not laid in a tomb / grave. Scripture itself refutes your claim. When they are taken up, in that hour there is a great earthquake in which 7,000 are killed and a tenth of the city fell. You are unable to supply a single witness for any of these things.

That is hardly getting too involved with what happens after. This is simply examining whether or not your assertion holds up in the light of the text.

From my perspective, it does not hold up. And based upon your reply, you also know that it does not hold up. But are not willing to face it.

Reactions: KBCid

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We haven't even begun to discuss what would happen after them. I am just looking for a supporting "witness" from you to support your claims. You claimed 3 1/2 years, the book of John disallows your claim. Revelation claims the city was given unto the nations and trampled underfoot, your claim is contrary to Scripture here. The two witnesses are future tense at the time of writing, this does not support your claim.
You never read what I said about the 3 1/2 years. Oh well... never mind. this conversation is ended. so you keep looking for the two witness to come...:cool:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the bible tells us plainly the names of the two witness. the book of John chapter 1 verse 6 & 7 "There was a man sent from God, whose name was The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe". that witness who he bare is none other than the Lord Jesus. John 1:15 "John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me".
Now the Lord Jesus.
Revelation 1:4 & 5 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood".

straight forward and the names given.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Good word...very true.
ha well at least that is what they say, ya.

why every Scriptural discussion of new wine/old wine always includes "them, saying," seems to be part of this understanding of Christ as "new wine," even though at the wedding it is deemed "superior," not "old." Tbh i don't really get it.