The Influence of Islam on Christendom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
fwiw those "jews" dissuade others bc, strictly bc, they perceive others as beneath them, and would never see them as brothers. You think some of our Christians, me maybe, are bad in that area? I tell you no one can get as sanctimonious and self-righteous as a Hasidic Jew, who btw does not even get the joke "did the sun rise out of your butt this morning"

so while i might agree with the op premise at the bottom, and all Jews certainly arent that way, i suggest going and trying to talk to a Hasidic Jew today, and then go and try and talk with a devout Muslim. Bc irl and dogma are not agreeing here imo ok

my premise is that if you started with the simple request "may i ask you a Q?" you would spend the rest of the day attempting to get a Hasidic to even recognize your existence, v the response you will get from the very first Muslim you encounter, and if anyone experiences anything diff i would like to hear it

Last edited:
Reactions: brakelite and marks

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
now dont get me wrong ok, most Jews are awesome, warm (hot really) ppl too, but we are being deceived on the grandest of scales there imo. Jewish children are going to jail for publically protesting the apartheid in Israhell; find me a Muslim child doing the opposite if you can

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fwiw those "jews" dissuade others bc, strictly bc, they perceive others as beneath them, and would never see them as brothers. You think some of our Christians, me maybe, are bad in that area? I tell you no one can get as sanctimonious and self-righteous as a Hasidic Jew, who btw does not even get the joke "did the sun rise out of your butt this morning"

so while i might agree with the op premise at the bottom, and all Jews certainly arent that way, i suggest going and trying to talk to a Hasidic Jew today, and then go and try and talk with a devout Muslim. Bc irl and dogma are not agreeing here imo ok

I think in your attempt to push against fundamentalistic hatred and bigotry, you have become a bigot yourself. People are people, and to decide that one whole block of the world's population (jews) are not as nice or giving as another whole block of the world's population (muslims), is bigotry. But then, you already know this.

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I think in your attempt to push against fundamentalistic hatred and bigotry, you have become a bigot yourself. People are people, and to decide that one whole block of the world's population (jews) are not as nice or giving as another whole block of the world's population (muslims), is bigotry. But then, you already know this.
havent you seen the Jews populating our american councils and etc? like to the tune of 80%? And i love Jews too, ok, but the colloquialism "jew you down" is well earned, wadr

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
havent you seen the Jews populating our american councils and etc? like to the tune of 80%? And i love Jews too, ok, but the colloquialism "jew you down" is well earned, wadr

So you are saying you love Jews but as a whole, they are a stingy people?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
and after all, who is famous for "never pay retail?"
how many Muslim/Arab bases do we have on our borders?

so i suggest an alt pov here ok, put the horse before the cart iow

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So you are saying you love Jews but as a whole, they are a stingy people?
oh, stingy is not even the word for it, yes, definitely. Although as you say everyone is diff, surely there exists a genrous Jew also i guess. To their friends, maybe. But i am accepted among them mostly bc when i go there, i go with money.

i tell you the truth, you would fare much better homeless at sundown in a Muslim community than a Christian or Jewish one, hands down, no contest

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and after all, who is famous for "never pay retail?"
how many Muslim/Arab bases do we have on our borders?

so i suggest an alt pov here ok, put the horse before the cart iow

Okay bbyrd. Stick with it. You might want to add this as well: all white men can't dance, all women are bad drivers, and all black people like watermelon.

A_Man

Nov 8, 2019
Atlanta area
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read a long time ago about the word Allah and a background on Mohamed's family and the people back then and that is what I understood, I may be wrong, I'd have to go back and see if I could find the article, which would be hard, it was a long time ago.
It may be that the Sabeans in what is now Temen worshipped Yemen worshipped a sun and moon god and goddess they called 'Allat and 'Allah. The Canaanites used the word (or morpheme) 'el to refer to their false gods. The Ugarits had a head of a pantheon who got drunk named 'el in their religion. Yet the Bible uses El Shaddai El Elyon and Elohim for the true God.

A_Man

Nov 8, 2019
Atlanta area
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you get into here is a matter of intent. Kingdom Now theology subscribes to the idea that God has commanded the church to establish His kingdom upon the earth now, not just thru spiritual but political means, and that once the church has achieved political dominance over the earth the Lord will return to assume leadership over it.

But not all denominations take this view. In fact, most do NOT believe the church will first gain power over the earth before the Lord returns. They believe just the opposite; that the earth will fall increasingly under the control of the evil one until things become so wicked upon the earth that if the Lord does not intervene "no flesh shall be saved."

Anyway, it's an entirely different eschatology which not everyone subscribes to. Most in fact do not.
Does one have to believe all that to be kingdom now?

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God, Mary and Catholics are spelled with a capital G, M and C, you sure you're Christian? I don't hate any Christian denomination, not any, but it seems you and others on here do.

You must be a mohamedan lover. :)
Catholicism isn't christian. And no, neither is islam. They all need to come to a saving belief in Jesus, the biblical Jesus.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Okay bbyrd. Stick with it. You might want to add this as well: all white men can't dance, all women are bad drivers, and all black people like watermelon.
wadr that is more what i am objecting to than manifesting, at least imo. Have some ppl who claim "Muslim" become politicized? Sure, but again, how many Arab bases do we have surrounding us?

Di you even know how many US bases surround Arab countries, on the exact other side of the planet? The horse pulls the cart, right? Only not in your or faithfulness' pov? Fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but you cannot even pretend that it lines up with reality

So wadr you are just embarrassing yourself ok

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
pure comedy, ok
IMG_0409.JPG
now someone pls tell me how political and totalitarian Islam is, jesus h christ already. Do i get tired of doing this, knowing full well no one will hear. Wth is to be done with you hopeless hypocrites anyway

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so bam keep ignoring the pertinent parts of my post, that you cannot refute, and instead moaning like a 13 yearold girl on her first menses, ok, idc. The kings are coming, and you cannot see them, and they are going to eat you. You think your kids turning gay is bad, wait until they turn Muslim ladies

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is you who have embarrassed yourself, bbyrd.
wadr that is more what i am objecting to than manifesting, at least imo. Have some ppl who claim "Muslim" become politicized? Sure, but again, how many Arab bases do we have surrounding us?

Di you even know how many US bases surround Arab countries, on the exact other side of the planet? The horse pulls the cart, right? Only not in your or faithfulness' pov? Fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but you cannot even pretend that it lines up with reality

So wadr you are just embarrassing yourself ok

You think your statements that most Jewish people are stingy and less giving than most muslims matches up with reality...? You have demonized an entire group of people. You wouldn't stand quiet if anyone displayed that kind of bigotry towards muslims, and yet you do what upsets you TO a different group. You have a huge blind spot regarding this bbyrd.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pure comedy, ok
View attachment 8127
now someone pls tell me how political and totalitarian Islam is, jesus h christ already. Do i get tired of doing this, knowing full well no one will hear. Wth is to be done with you hopeless hypocrites anyway

Define what you think a totalitarian government is, bbyrd. I ask because I have never defined that by how many military bases they have around the world but rather by the kind of control they operate over the people who live there. I'm not very political so I admit my definition could be wrong.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Catholicism and those denominations that ascribe to Kingdom Now/Dominion Theology would be totalitarian, yes. And I believe denominations that hammer away at the importance of gaining political influence would to some extent as well. I'm not sure more spiritually-oriented congregations would, however, as I would think more spiritually-oriented congregations, denomination etc. would be less concerned with enforcing "Christianity" from without as trying to impart Christianity from within.

Hi HIH,

Seems to me that the Dominionists would by definition be totalitarian.

I know my congregation most certainly isn't!

Much love!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why and how did this kind of worldview...this totalitarian inflexibility.. become the status quo in a religion that teaches love, joy and peace in the world?
I'm assuming you mean "Christendom", that is, those who identify as Christian regardless of whether they are born again? Is that correct?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need only look at the Crusades to see the influence of Islam on the church.

Except . . . that was not the church, that is, the body of Christ. I assert that Islam cannot and will not prevail against the church.

People with muddled ideas of God and the Bible and what it means to be born again may have ideas about how the world will change the body of Christ, but I don't believe it works that way.

True rebirth lead one into love, not out of it.

Much love!