The Last Trumpet Is Not The Seventh Trumpet.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
It is clear and simple.
1. The Last Trumpet calls the Dead forth from Paradise (the ends of Heaven).

1Co 15:51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed — 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

2. That happens on the Day of the Lord as Paul identifies it.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

2TH 2:1 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come.

3. The Day of the Lord is when Jesus comes to get us. The Day of the Lord is identified by its signature Sun/moon/star sign:

MT 24:29 "Immediately after the distress of those days
" `the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

MT 24:30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

4. The specific and unique signature sign heralding the Day of the Lord is also revealed by Jesus to John for the sequence of the Day of the Lord in the Seal/Scroll vision given to John:

Rev 6:12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13 and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14 The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

5. The sixth Seal is opened before any of the Trumpet Judgments are sounded.

Yes, it's pretty clear and simple.

1. The call to faith Trumpets number two:
a. the First Trumpet sounded on the Festival of First Fruits which began the Church Age nearly two thousand years ago.
b. the Last Trumpet sounding "our" Returning Anew Festival of Trumpets which we still await.

2. Then there are seven Trumpets of God's Wrath.

Different Trumpets; different numbering system.

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
Your analysis is fatally flawed on many fronts. In review of your OP, it appears that you start to go astray when you attempt to place the last /seventh trumpet in conjunction with the seals of Revelation. It is at that point that you make your first fatal error in presuming the seals are given in chronological order. The seals are not given in chronological order. This is easily proven.

As one can see, it was not the 'first' seal opened, but just one of the 7 seals. This clue lets the true Bible student that the seals are not given in chronological order. Accordingly, the true Bible student can easily spot this fatal error in your OP.
No, a small play on words on your part does not invalidate the observation that the Bible is mainly constructed by linear narratives: it tells stories.

The Seal/Scroll account of Revelation chapters 4 through 11 (exclusive of the sidebar account of 11:1-13) is one such story.

The whole point of the Seals' breaking, is to open the Scroll.

Rev 5:1 Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals. 2 And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?” 3 But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it. 4 I wept and wept because no one was found who was worthy to open the scroll or look inside. 5 Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

The Seals are opened one at a time, and John definitely numbers them after the first, or one Seal is broken.

Rev 6:1 I watched as the Lamb opened the first (one in the Greek) of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!”
3 When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!”
5 When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand.
7 When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!”
9 When he opened the fifth seal...
12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal.
8:1 When he opened the seventh seal...

With the first Seal and first Living Creature, John does not say protos, but one.
However, in the context that the rest ARE numbered -
- and all are opened up before any desolation comes to the earth of Biblical proportions anywhere approaching what we see in the Trumpet Judgments
- plus the fact that this is one long scene in Heaven as John is standing inside God's Temple in Heaven
- which is all pointed to being able to open the Scroll, which is sealed shut by the seven Seals
= then, knowing this is one story, and the Bible is written with linear narratives, we can conclude this is the sequence of events which do follow each other.

To buttress what is in the Bible, the first four Seals are mirrored in the beginning of birth pains which Jesus sets down in the same order in the Synoptic Gospels (the fourth is only found in Luke).

The thinking which scholars have commented upon, with which I agree on this point, is that the effect of one Seal then promotes the condition affected by the next Seal.
(I differ from most commentaries in that I do not confine the Seals to within the one 'seven' simply because of a coincidence of number. As the beginning of birth pains, I think they occur before the breaking of the water which figuratively would mean the start of the one 'seven' as that is the process which ultimately gives birth to the Millennium of Christ's rule over the nations.)

So the evidence of the Bible is that the Seals are given in chronological order when we look past the minor difference in how John labels the one Seal from the first Trumpet, and in the context of all the Seals, it is pretty minor.

We should not trip up over one word and miss the big picture in order to be good Bible students.

The second major fatal flaw in your OP is your contention that the church is not appointed to wrath. That simply is not true. There is a distinction between the church and the elect. The elect are not appointed to God's wrath and, hence, will be protected by God during the tribulations. However, the church [minus the elect], is the actual target of God's wrath. Again, this is easily proven.
I'm awfully sorry, but Elect and Church are used interchangeably in the BIble.

The word translated as elect in the Olivet Discourse is eklektos. It is translated in the NASB as choice (twice), choice man, chosen (10 times), Chosen One, and elect (8 times) ― NASB Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible p.1646. Geoffrey Bromiley defines eklektos in the ordinary Greek as meaning “choice,” “select(ed)” ―Theological Dictionary of the New Testamant p.521. Going on further in his work, the Greek Bible authors of the LXX defined it in general as meaning choice products. In the religious sense, the word took three forms, sacred or pure; consecrated; and as a term for “Abraham (Philo), Moses, Joshua, David, etc. as well as the land (Zech. 7:14), for the city of Jerusalem (Tob. 13:13), and, of course, for the people (cf Is. 43:20; Ps. 106:5). Bromiley notes with the Jewish Hellenistic Writings that eklektos increasingly denote Israel as the elect or chosen people ―ibid.

The NIV sometimes chooses elect over chosen in the translation and vise versa; the meaning is generally the same. It is recognized by this author that the NASB has a better word-for-word translation but the NIV is used for its ease in general reading. The cited references in the NIV are the same in the NASB though. The underlying Greek does not change regardless of the version. With the exception of the relevant Olivet Discourse end-time passages in question, the passages for just eklektos in the NT are presented here for analysis. The NASB translation is shown in parentheses for comparison.

Chosen:
[sup]MT 22:14 [/sup]"For many are invited, but few are chosen." (chosen)
[sup]LK 18: 7[/sup] And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? (elect)
[sup]LK 23:35[/sup] …if he is the Christ of God, the Chosen One" (Chosen One)
[sup]ROM 8:33[/sup] Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? (elect)
[sup]RO 16:13[/sup] Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, (choice man)
[sup]COL 3:12 [/sup]Therefore, as God's chosen people (chosen)[sup][/sup]
[sup]1PE 2:4[/sup] As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God (choice and precious in the sight of)
[sup]1PE 2:6[/sup] "See, I lay a stone in Zion,
a chosen and precious cornerstone, (choice stone)
[sup]1PE 2:9[/sup] But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, (chosen)
[sup]2JN 1:1 [/sup]To the chosen lady and her children, (chosen)
[sup]2JN 1:13[/sup] The children of your chosen sister send their greetings (chosen)
[sup]REV 17:14[/sup] -and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." (chosen)

Elect:
[sup]1TI 5:21[/sup] Christ Jesus and the elect angels, (chosen)
[sup]2TI 2:10[/sup] for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, (chosen)[sup] [/sup]
[sup]1PE 1:1[/sup] To God's elect, strangers in the world, (chosen)

To conclude who the elect are then, it would be all who gain entry to God’s presence in the Rapture or gathering as Jesus uses it in the Olivet Discourse from Matthew and also have their name in the Book of Life. In the NT, the primarily people who are the elect there are the Church, because Jesus is the central theme and faith in Him becomes the criteria for admission to God.

I rebuke your argument:
  1. The Church is comprised of those who are chosen: the Elect.
  2. Revelation 16 does NOT mention the Church; we do not blaspheme His Name.
  3. Romans 5:9 - we are saved from God's Wrath through Christ Jesus.
  4. In the parallel account with the book of Revelation of the one 'seven' in chapters 13 - 16; the Harvest comes before the Bowl Judgments.
  5. The Harvest gathering of Rev ch. 14 is the same depiction Jesus gave us for when He will gather up the Elect in Mt 24:31.
The target of God's Wrath are the tares the enemy has planted in the field.

Now that I know a little more about your eschatology:

• the harpazo of 1Th 4:17 does describe the Rapture; it is not a false teaching.
  • Rapture is a word taken from the Latin rapio, which is used in the Latin version of 1Th 4:17.
  • Teaching the Rapture is not apostasy, nor is it the delusion God sends so the wicked worship the talking image of the anti-Christ.
  • Paul said to encourage each other with these words (1Th 4:18) for the rising up of the Dead in Christ and the catching up of those who are still alive and remain.
  • Satan is already on the earth... and I think that Zechariah chapter 3 means that Revelation 12:9 occurred long ago. I don't think Satan has any place in Heaven after falsely accusing the risen Lord.
  • The anti-Christ's rise to power and setting himself up in the Temple to be worshipped most certainly does precede Christ's parousia.
Between you and Paul, I'll take Paul's word for the Rapture.

Mark

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Some people just count trumpets and then think they know everything.

Counting trumpets is very easy. Most people are able to count them.

Many people are also prone to making errors. Very very few are scholars.

If you are going to plan your prophetic future based on the opinion of most people .....

You will have plenty of company.

Plan your future wisely

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
Martin: I find it interesting that you take such a dismissive tone...

I didn't say I knew everything; you were the one who demanded that I know everything of trumpets just to speak about them.

Counting depends on what you call something. In a previous career, I was an accountant. Accounting is not about being able to count something, although we did inventories regularly; accounting was about labels: what shall we call this? How about if it's not finished? Sold, but not yet paid for? Is it income or loss? In that vein: How many different kinds of trumpets are there? Should not we note the type as we count?

Now I am a scholar of sorts just as you because we're all students of the Bible. I have some of the finest books on Hebrew and Greek because I can afford them and I have a library/study instead of a family room because of my passion for books. I especially like history, but about a decade ago, I became interested in eschatology. Now I ask if I have made a mistake in presenting my presentation of Bible verses and logic to the board, but from you all I get is a "Harrumph!" That's hardly a scholarly approach. Asking questions is the key to getting answers. Where stands it written? I have presented that.

I do not base my future on any eschatology. Let me say quite emphatically: We are not saved by our eschatology; we are only saved by our Faith. So seeing that none of us knows which day we will die, it behooves us to live each day as if it were our last. In the human race, we are to be long distant runners, trudging the straight and narrow and enduring patiently all the little tribulations life hands us so we can build up enough "oil" to pass the ultimate test of faith should it ever come to pass to us.

In that respect your warning reminded me that people who don't believe who make fun of the Christian basing our life on what they call fantasies, and children's tales. They can be quite dismissive. Christians have plenty of examples of cults which spin off of mainstream Christianity and base their faith on what I think is false hope. Mormons are like that, and so are unfortunate people like the Heaven's Gate bunch. Jim Jones led his flock to a massacre.

So plan all you want, even a second barn for your wealth, but live well each day for we never know when our lives will demanded of us. And unlike what we Americans tend to think, God holds the title to each of our souls, and our very lives are gifts from the Almighty. Would we live each day being grateful for the very life He has given us, and in so doing, we might show love to one another, and not treat each other so roughly.

Mark

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I understand how the OT of God's Word said trumpets were used in Israel's history. But those of Revelation is about God's judgments. They are not festival trumpets. They are not trumpets of assembly. They are trumpets for alarm and heralding God's judgments coming upon the earth. Can't go back in the OT and apply just any previous usage for the trumpets in Revelation, nor for the last trumpet Paul mentioned. They must be applied per the context of the events they are being associated with. Otherwise it creates confusion.

As revealed in my earlier post, the event of Christ's wrath and His coming is mentioned several different times within the Revelation chapters. And that shows we cannot just do study in Revelation like some progressive secular history book. If we do that, we'd have to admit several times for Christ's coming and His wrath.

Revelation is much like short summaries at the first, with further details of the same picture give over and over, going deeper in detail.

I'll focus just on the mention of Christ's coming, and events that reveal times of being gathered, or having been gathered, to show this:

1st Detail of Christ's Coming:
Rev 1:7
7 Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen.
(KJV)

Christ coming with clouds
Every eye shall see Him
Kindreds on earth wail because of Him

1st Gathering:
Rev 4:4
4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
(KJV)

That would have to be after our gathering to Christ, for that's when the rewards are handed out to His saints, with those crowns of gold. None have received them yet today. The reign of Christ with His elect priests and kings is what that time is about. It's a future view, not a rapture.

2nd Gathering:
Rev 5:5-10
5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of Him That sat upon the throne.
8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for Thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by Thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
(KJV)

Again, these elders are there in the future, for after Christ's coming is when their redemption out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation happens, and when His saints sing that new song. This is a future view forward in time, EVEN though it's about loosing the seven seals. I mean boyo, this event is really out of place for one who thinks all the Revelation events happen in the order they are written. This event has confused many on the Pre-trib secret rapture theory, simply because this future forward view is given early in our Lord's Book of Revelation. But no problem, by recognizing the events taking place is how we know when they actually are to occur. This is before the seven seals, seven trumpets, and seven vials are given.

2nd Detail of Christ's Coming:
Rev 6:12-17
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of Him That sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of His wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
(KJV)

Got a lot more detail about Christ's coming this time. Those wanting to hide from Him on that day is the same idea of Rev.1:7 with all the kindreds on earth wailing because of Him. We don't have to have an exact repeat of that Rev.1:7 phrase here to know that's the same idea. That idea of those wanting the mountains and rocks to fall on them is written also in the OT and in The Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is sixth seal timing.

3rd Detail of His Coming; 3rd Gathering example:
Rev 7:9-17
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God Which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple: and He That sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb Which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
(KJV)

That Rev.7 example is covering both the event of those sealed for the tribulation, and then those sealed overcoming through the tribulation by Christ's Blood, and then a farther forward view of the time of the redemption, Christ's Milennium Temple, and Milennium timing when the saints rule with Him and serve Him at His throne day and night. That's BIG summary covering from the tribulation through to Christ's thousand years reign with His elect priests and kings. But it's a future forward view still at this point. So boom, the view just shot from tribulation time to the future thousand years, for those events of redemption is for AFTER Christ's second coming.

Now, here's a problem. Where do the seals fit here, or even the trumpets or vials? AT THIS POINT IN STUDY CAN'T KNOW YET. You will ONLY find out AFTER we've gone through all of our Lord's Book of Revelation. I'll give a hint; Tribulation is before the 7th trumpet, and before the 6th seal-7th seals, and before the 7th vial.

4th Detail of Christ's Having Come:
Rev 10:5-7
5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
6 And sware by Him That liveth for ever and ever, Who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as He hath declared to His servants the prophets.
(KJV)

Why would I include this about timing involving Christ's coming? It's because of the finality Message in it involving the 7th trumpet. Again, we don't have to have a repeat of direct phrases like 'Christ came with the clouds' to know this timing here is when the events of this present world are over. Time no longer should be a major clue as to what timing it's pointing to. And all things God gave to write down through His prophets being finished should especially stand out as a time marker, for the OT prophets covered the events of Christ's coming and our gathering to Him, and even the Milennium time events.

Our Lord put that Message there in between the Rev.9 and Rev.11 chapters for a reason. It's because Rev.9 covers events of tribulation timing on 5th and 6th trumpets, and the 7th trumpet is getting ready to sound in the next chapter of Rev.11. He even gave 3 woe periods with those last three trumpets to mark the events, for they are very important for us to know. But we are to especially to know per this Rev.10 Message, that when the 7th angel sounds (7th trumpet), God's Plan for this world will be finished, which must include the time of Christ's coming on the day of The LORD and our gathering to Him for that to be.

5th Detail of Christ's Coming; 4th Gathering example:
Rev 11:14-18
14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever.
16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17 Saying, We give Thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, Which art, and wast, and art to come; because Thou hast taken to Thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
18 And the nations were angry, and Thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that Thou shouldest give reward unto Thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear Thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
(KJV)

On the 2nd woe, it's still 6th trumpet timing. That's when God sends His two witnesses to Jerusalem, and they prophesy against the beast for 1260 days. Two candleticks are mentioned along with them. At the end of Rev.1 we were told the seven candlesticks represent the seven Churches. Those two mentioned with God's two witnesses points to two types of Churches making that stand with them on the 6th trumpet - 2nd woe timing. It shows the Churches are still on earth for that 6th trumpet event. Then at the end of that 2nd woe period (6th trumpet end), the 7th trumpet - 3rd woe period gets ready to happen, and is to quickly come after the end of that 2nd woe.

At the ending of the 2nd woe, a great earthquake happens in Jerusalem, and a third of the city falls, 7,000 of men slain immediately, and God's remnant on earth give glory to Him. Then on the 3rd woe, Christ takes reign over all the nations on earth, and what does that mean? He begins His thousand years reign, for that's when His eternal reign over the earth is to begin. There's those 24 elders again too, why? That points to the gathering to Christ, for the rewards are being handed out to the saints there also. The time of the dead being judged is pushing the timeline even farther to the end of the thousand years of Rev.20 with the great white throne judgment. And we haven't even gotten to the events of Rev.20 about Christ's thousand years reign yet! Instead here at the end of Rev.11, those future events of Christ's coming, our gathering and His Milennium reign, and the final judgment are condensed here. They're still the same events God's Word has been covering even back in the Old Testament prophets, and by Christ's Apostles in the New Testment. Nothing has changed here, and certainly not the timing order of the events.

And once again, do we really have to have a direct statement in that Rev.11 example that says Christ returned and gathered His saints? No, because the TYPE of events shown there should make it obvious that the gathering to Him has happened for those events to take place, as revealed in the previous Rev. chapters and throughout the rest of God's Word (especially through Apostle Paul's Epistles).

6th Detail of Christ's Coming; 5th Gathering example:
Rev 14:1-4
1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with Him an hundred forty and four thousand, having His Father's name written in their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever He goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
(KJV)

That's a picture of 144,000 standing with Christ upon Mount Zion. Note the 24 elders are there too, and those sing a new song, like the elders did back in Rev.5. What time does that put this view here? After Christ's coming, and after the gathering of His saints. The Mount Zion is Milennium timing, on earth, for that's where Christ's thousand years Temple is to be established per Ezekiel 40 forward. But be careful of the rest of the Rev.14 chapter, because later its timeline falls back to tribulation timing, with the idea of falling away to worship the beast. Just because a chapter's events start off revealing a certain timing, it doesn't mean it has to stay in that same timeframe. Rightly divide the timing using common sense, which is revealed through Bible study of all of God's Word.

7th Detail of Christ's Coming; 6th Gathering:
Rev 15:2-4
2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are Thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are Thy ways, Thou King of saints.
4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify Thy name? for Thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before Thee; for Thy judgments are made manifest.
(KJV)

There's the saints that got the victory over the beast, having harps and singing the new song. When do they get there? After the judgment upon the beast that ends the abomination of the beast working. That will only happen at Christ's coming and our gathering to Him. No rewards are handed out to the saints until we are all gathered to Christ.

8th Detai of Christ's Coming:
Rev 16:13-19
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And He gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.
19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath.
(KJV)

There you have another view of events that occur during the tribulation on the 6th vial just prior to the time of Christ's coming, and then events of the day of The LORD and time of His wrath upon the wicked on the 7th vial. Christ's saints aren't mentioned there at all, are they? So who is our Lord Jesus giving that warning to in verse 15, to stay on watch and be blessed, and keep your garments (promised white robes of Salvation)? He doesn't have to directly mention His saints with that, for that's enough for us to know that's His saints on earth in that time who He is talking to, i.e., those who believe on Him that are to be watching these events leading up to His coming, and not be deceived.

I think that's enough to show what I mean that it's a mistake to treat our Lord's Book of Revelation as if all the events happen how their order is written. I think the KJV translators could have done a better job of dividing the chapter sections, and it would be easier to understand. But overall, they did a good job, for we still must understand what the given events are about, and then their timing will be revealed.

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
Hi Veteran. Instead of talking about what I have shown, my conversation with you always starts at your eschatology. This then has me having to argue from the basis of your eschatology and not examining what I have presented from the Bible. So we're really not discussing the subject of whether or not the Last Trumpet of 1Co 15:51is the same as the seventh Trumpet of God's Wrath in Revelation.

Revelation is much like short summaries at the first, with further details of the same picture give over and over, going deeper in detail.
I, and others, so I'm not the only one to see this, think Revelation is made up of parallel accounts. I have shown my work and revealed the tool with which I use to discern breaks in Revelation. If the reader wants to know that, it's on the first page of this thread.

1st Detail of Christ's Coming:Rev 1:7
This is a part of the salutation common in writing of this era. It expresses not only a singular fact, but a hope. This does not establish a time for the coming on the clouds because it is not set in a linear narrative with which we can compare other specific and unique events, but it does establish that Christ's coming is not in secret, and it is on the clouds for every eye to see Him. Since most people don't live in Israel, this is how the world will see him.

1st Gathering: Rev 4:4
More than a future view, John chronicles everything he sees in the third Heaven of God's presence. If you read the final part of chapter 11, you'll see that an Elder is looking forward to hearing our stories.

The Elders are in Heaven before us. To say this scene must happen before the rewards are handed out ignores that that happens after the one 'seven' with the unveiling of the Bride. As of this setting, the Scroll hasn't even been opened yet and all the Seals are intact.

2nd Gathering: Rev 5:5-10
This is not a gathering at all. I think your interpretation of this passage is really off. Having to argue from the basis of your eschatology doesn't make sense when you present things like this... chapters four and five set the stage for what follows with the Seals and then the opened Scroll and its seven Trumpets.

2nd Detail of Christ's Coming: Rev 6:12-17
Here you actually have a Day of the Lord reference.

Note that after the sun/moon/star event is the second earthquake of the sixth Seal, and following that the only event John chronicles is the 144,000 and then he reports on the sudden arrival of the Great Multitude in Heaven. How did they get there? John doesn' t reveal that here, but it happened, and so it will be revealed in a parallel account. John does not record God's Wrath as coming - he only records the conclusion the wicked come to from hearing what the three Angels said. Again, I covered this before, so any difference remaining means we're just going to have to disagree.

3rd Detail of His Coming; 3rd Gathering example: Rev 7:9-17
This is the result of the Harvest of Revelation chapter 14, which fits perfectly with the gathering of the Elect in Mt 24:31 out of the Great Tribulation which Jesus said was shortened by the arrival of the Day of the Lord's sun/moon/star event of v. 29.

It does not say the Great Multitude were sealed for the Great Tribulation.

It does show the Elect who come out of the shortened Great Tribulation are in Heaven before the desolations God has decreed, Daniel 9:26 from so long ago, go out from the soon to be opened Scroll.

Because Jesus gave us the detailed account of the end-times in Mt 24:15-31, with several specific and unique events, we can know that the sixth Seal comes at some nebulous time after the midpoint of the one 'seven' because Jesus starts this sequence of events at that specific and unique event.

Jesus sets the order as:

• midpoint abomination
  • Great Tribulation
  • (shortened by the arrival of the) sun/moon/star event = Day of the Lord
  • Sign of the Son of Man (scrolling of the sky)
  • Gathering from the clouds.
Because the sixth Seal starts with the sun/moon/star event we can know the sixth Seal happens after the midpoint.

Unlike what you say, we can also know that the Seals must all be opened before any of the Trumpet Judgments go forth. That is the evidence in the Bible.

4th Detail of Christ's Having Come: Rev 10:5-7
This doesn't say what you say it says. You are backing into the Bible based on a prior conclusion on your part that Jesus parousia is only realized with the seventh Trumpet. This is not discussing what is in the Bible, but forcing everyone to argue from the basis of your eschatology.

5th Detail of Christ's Coming; 4th Gathering example: Rev 11:14-18
No, I don't think God sends His Two Witnesses to Jerusalem at the sixthTrumpet... They precede Christ's parousia and are on the earth for 1260 days, the whole of the second half of the one 'seven.'

The Great Earthquake doesn't happen in conjunction with the second Woe. I think you're mixing your Bible up here.

The third Woe is not Christ's victory... that's a celebration; not a desolation.

The end of chapter 11 ends the one 'seven' and its broad overview. A lot of things are missing, but the important part is that we have a good chronological start to figure in the sequence of events which will happen.

There is no reference to gathering the Saints at the end of God's desolations on the earth because they were gathered before them. That IS in the linear narrative.

6th Detail of Christ's Coming; 5th Gathering example: Rev 14:1-4
This is in parallel to the sixth Seal. Notice that the order of First Fruits to the Harvest of the Great Multitude is preserved. In addition, we now find out why the wicked know God is coming for them in Wrath; they heard what the three Angels said.

This is the "how" for the Great Multitude's arrival in Heaven. This is the same scene as Mt 24:31 and 1Th 4:17. THIS is Christ's parousia the Church was told to watch for, because the Church is not in Israel when the God/Magog invasion goes on right before the midpoint abomination. You're not even going to be able to travel there during that period, and after the midpoint abomination is set in place, you'd be hard pressed to escape the "test" of worship or death.

Revelation chapters 13 through 16 inclusive are a parallel account to the broad overview of the Seal/Scroll chronology of chapters 4 through 11 (exclusive of the sidebar account of the Temple and the Two Witnesses in 11:1-13).

7th Detail of Christ's Coming; 6th Gathering: Rev 15:2-4
This is another view of the Great Multitude in verse 2. Notice they are safely inside the Temple when God's Wrath goes against the tares who have been collected in the field of this world.

The Bowl Judgments take time. They are not all at once, or even in a day.

8th Detai of Christ's Coming: Rev 16:13-19
This is a whole other subject. Who is left after the Church is taken? One such group are the Remnant Jews who do not yet believe in Christ, but whom God has set aside and shepherds through the desolations He will bring upon the earth. They are going to have to MOVE in a moments notice or bear their shame...

I think that's enough to show what I mean that it's a mistake to treat our Lord's Book of Revelation as if all the events happen how their order is written. I think the KJV translators could have done a better job of dividing the chapter sections, and it would be easier to understand. But overall, they did a good job, for we still must understand what the given events are about, and then their timing will be revealed.
I do not think Revelation is written like a novel. I have covered this already. Do you read what others write so as to understand what they say? If so, why do you repeat this false charge here against me?

The King James translators did not divide Revelation into chapter and verse. They did not even have a Greek manuscript with which to do their translation. They were not that well equipped in that day. Instead, they took the Latin manuscript they had and translated it back into Greek and then attempted to render an English version. They also have a couple of word mistakes, but being in a hotel in Louisville, Kentucky again, I am away from my books.

We have better texts today after another 400 years of research, archaeology, and Bible study.

Mark

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Martin: I find it interesting that you take such a dismissive tone...
Mark

Mark. I was not being dismissive toward you. Sorry. If I was being dismissive it was more directed toward folks like Veteran (Christina) who have claimed for years that the church remains here until the last trump in Revelation.

In fairness I should not even be commenting within your thread on such issues .

Martin.

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
Mark. I was not being dismissive toward you. Sorry.
Apology accepted, and my apology for taking offense when it wasn't directed at me.

Message boards are kind of limited...

Still I would welcome any kind of constructive criticism; we sharpen each other. From Veteran, Christina, I learned about Rev 15:2. I had kind of skipped over that verse in my reading and she brought it up to me. That kind of stuff has happened a lot with sharing on Christian message boards and that is why I like to discuss eschatology. I find "holes" in my thinking, and hopefully I am able to hone my thinking to what is written so I can understand what will be: better.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Mark

Eschatology is something I have spent a lot of my spare time studying .It is my favorite subject. I have been doing it for 25 years and learn daily. I think the way end time events are written they cannot always be fully understood until the world catches up to prophecy. Only then can (some) things be understood.

I like to use the example that if you and I were standing in Paris France in 1943 and we were excellent scholars speaking to a church group we would proclaim that all of Europe would be united and the Jews will return to Israel as a nation.

What we were teaching would sound like pure crap because all Europe was at war and every Jew who could be located was being exterminated. Yet our eschatology would have been correct.

Now that Israel has returned in 1948 and flourishes today , and we have indeed seen a uniting of the Roman Empire of Europe , now everybody thinks they are scholars. In other words the world situation has caught up to prophecy and everyone thinks they know what comes next.

I prefer to use the style of the (accurate) pre 1948 scholars who actually had it correct in the first place , even though it was unpopular at the time. The style of those scholars went something like this ...... "as hard as it is to believe that at a future time Israel will be regathered to her own land to occupy it and flourish" . "The bible indicates it clearly".

It is my opinion that you tend to do the same in the trumpet question. I think you have it right. "The Last Trumpet is not the seventh Trumpet". Many scholars agree.

Best regards in your studies and make sure you do not waste too much time debating with folks who stopped learning long ago.

Martin

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Mark

Best regards in your studies and make sure you do not waste too much time debating with folks who stopped learning long ago.

Martin

Just be sure you are accurate.

By the way, what do you two know about the former rain and latter rain?

Added: I started a new topic since it's not part of the OP.

Jun 9, 2010
No, a small play on words on your part does not invalidate the observation that the Bible is mainly constructed by linear narratives: it tells stories.

Of course, you will dismiss all Bible proof of your poor hermeneutics. As long as you love the lie of Rapture, and want to believe in such nonsense instead of the truth, God will aid you in your delusion [2 Thes. 2:10-11].

The whole point of the Seals' breaking, is to open the Scroll.

True enough -- and, there is no certain order to open seals to read the scroll. That's why the seals are not given in chronological order -- and is stated that way in scripture [Rev. 6:1].

The Seals are opened one at a time, and John definitely numbers them after the first, or one Seal is broken.

Yes, the seals are opened one at a time; however, there is no proof that the seal opened in Rev. 6:1 is the 'first' one, nor any of the seals are, in chronological order. In fact, it is easily proven that the seal of Rev. 6:1 is the 6th seal in chronological order.

The seal of Rev. 6:1 identifies the antichrist, which is Satan himself. In Rev. 13:18, we are informed to 'count' the number of the beast as 666. The word 'count' refers to a tabulation of events as they occur in time. The '666' refers to the 6th seal, 6th trumpet, and 6th vial. We plainly see the 6th trumpet [Rev. 9:13-21] and 6th vial [Rev. 16:12-16] to be that of Satan. Likewise, the 6th seal, in time, has to be that of Satan.

However, if one looks at what is referred to as the 6th seal [Rev. 6:12-16], one can see that people are hiding themselves from the Lamb of God [in shame for having worshipped Satan, who comes first]. The seal labeled '6th' is in fact the seventh seal in chronological order.

John's reference to 'second' through 'seventh', as it relates to seals, only identifies the order in which the seals were opened -- not the chronological order of events associated therewith. Anyone, who is a decent Bible student, can see that the seals are not given in chronological order.

I'm awfully sorry, but Elect and Church are used interchangeably in the BIble.

You are easily proven in error. See John 6:39-40. There are two classifications for salvation. The church would comprise, in sum total, both classifications. The 'elect' are only a subset of the church.

There is not a single scripture that equates the 'elect' to the 'church'. It is only a pathetic tradition of man to equate the two [in effort to give credibility to themselves].

I rebuke your argument:

You have the right to be wrong if you so choose.

The target of God's Wrath are the tares the enemy has planted in the field.

Obviously, you are unlearned in Bible. There is no need for the tares to 'repent'. See Rev. 16:9. The tares are Satan's offspring -- fulfilling Satan's plan.

Between you and Paul, I'll take Paul's word for the Rapture.

Just another lie that you choose to believe in -- Paul never issued the word 'Rapture' in any of his writings. I defy you to prove it!!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi Veteran. Instead of talking about what I have shown, my conversation with you always starts at your eschatology. This then has me having to argue from the basis of your eschatology and not examining what I have presented from the Bible. So we're really not discussing the subject of whether or not the Last Trumpet of 1Co 15:51is the same as the seventh Trumpet of God's Wrath in Revelation.

I prefer to let the Scripture speak for itself with showing its events, which reveals timing they occur and their connections with the seals, trumpets, and vials throughout Revelation. That reveals events that occur in a parallel timing, but evidently the parallels you see are different than what I see.

I, and others, so I'm not the only one to see this, think Revelation is made up of parallel accounts. I have shown my work and revealed the tool with which I use to discern breaks in Revelation. If the reader wants to know that, it's on the first page of this thread.

This is a part of the salutation common in writing of this era. It expresses not only a singular fact, but a hope. This does not establish a time for the coming on the clouds because it is not set in a linear narrative with which we can compare other specific and unique events, but it does establish that Christ's coming is not in secret, and it is on the clouds for every eye to see Him. Since most people don't live in Israel, this is how the world will see him.

I well know Rev.1:7 is only giving info about Christ's coming, and is not happenning at that point in the Rev. flow. But because of the type of events that begin on the 7th trumpet - 3rd woe in Rev.11:15 to the end of the Rev.11 chapter, the time of His coming IS happenning there, even though we don't have there this exact type of statement as given in Rev.1:7. So the Rev.1 example is like a, look and mark these events that occur with Christ's coming, they'll pop up later.

More than a future view, John chronicles everything he sees in the third Heaven of God's presence. If you read the final part of chapter 11, you'll see that an Elder is looking forward to hearing our stories.

I don't think you understand what the third heaven really means. There's really only two heavens in God's Word that I know of (Gen.1:1, "heavens" is plural), the heavenly order above the earth, like clouds, and then the Heavenly dimension where God and the angels dwell. The third heaven is about a third heavenly age of time. John was caught up in the Spirit to be given visions of EVENTS leading up to Christ's coming, and then continuing through Christ's Milennium reign, and then finally... to the third Heavenly age with the new heavens and a new earth timing, i.e., God's Eternity after Satan and the wicked are destroyed. The idea of multiple levels in Heaven comes from pagan mysticism like the Kabbalah, eastern religion, and occultism with the idea of multiple spiritual planes. If I recall, the Kabbalah teaches planes existing below our earthly plane with 'elemental spirits'.

I don't buy that elders want to hear our stories bit. The elders there are declaring how God has taken power to reign.

The Elders are in Heaven before us. To say this scene must happen before the rewards are handed out ignores that that happens after the one 'seven' with the unveiling of the Bride. As of this setting, the Scroll hasn't even been opened yet and all the Seals are intact.

Nope. John is first shown 24 thrones ("seats") only. Then, ... he is shown 24 elders sitting upon them (representing 12 OT Partriarchs and 12 Apostles). It's to show God's Heavenly pattern. The elders don't actually sit upon them until after Christ's gathering. In Matt.19:28 our Lord confirms this, for He said in the regeneration is when His Apostles will sit upon 12 thrones. If we believe the OT Patriarchs and NT Apostles are already there sitting upon 24 thrones as those elders, then that is to push the idea they have already been made 'perfect', without us. Because some believe they are there at this point in Rev.4, they also wrongly conclude the whole Church must have been raptured, which that isn't true either.

Rev.5:9-10 gives another time marker about these 24 elders which they apply to themselves, which further shows what I'm saying. They declare how THEY were redeemed out of EVERY kindred, tongue, people, and nation. Is a history lesson really needed to understand that the 12 Patriarchs and 12 Apostles did not come from every kindred, tongue, people, and nation? And with Rev.5:10, they rule on the EARTH as priests and kings?

This is not a gathering at all. I think your interpretation of this passage is really off. Having to argue from the basis of your eschatology doesn't make sense when you present things like this... chapters four and five set the stage for what follows with the Seals and then the opened Scroll and its seven Trumpets.

I never said Rev.4-5 was the actual time of Christ's gathering, but as evidence of after the time of His gathering. What you're not seeing there in Rev.4-5 is two timelines given at once. One is about the preparation for the seals, and another is how John is being shown the Heavenly pattern of 24 thrones, and then 24 elders into the future after Christ's coming.

Here you actually have a Day of the Lord reference.

Note that after the sun/moon/star event is the second earthquake of the sixth Seal, and following that the only event John chronicles is the 144,000 and then he reports on the sudden arrival of the Great Multitude in Heaven. How did they get there? John doesn' t reveal that here, but it happened, and so it will be revealed in a parallel account. John does not record God's Wrath as coming - he only records the conclusion the wicked come to from hearing what the three Angels said. Again, I covered this before, so any difference remaining means we're just going to have to disagree.

That idea of a "second earthquake" is strictly YOUR idea. There is only ONE mention there of "a great earthquake" on that 6th seal. The events given there happen as a RESULT of that one great earthquake.

The 6th seal event is the time of the day of The LORD, which is also the time of Christ's coming and gathering of His saints. Paul revealed that in 1 Thess.5, as Peter did also in 2 Pet.3:10 forward. And there's further evidence for that in the OT prophets. That's also the time of the "sudden destruction" upon the deceived per Paul in 1 Thess.5. That's God's cup of wrath. That's why the Rev.6:16-17 verses are SPECIFICALLY mentioning that the time of Christ's wrath has come.

Rev 6:16-17
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
(KJV)

You're denying those last two Rev.6 verses show Christ's wrath upon the wicked, whether you like that pointed out to you or not. So you're not disagreeing with me, you're disagreeing with what's written there.

This is the result of the Harvest of Revelation chapter 14, which fits perfectly with the gathering of the Elect in Mt 24:31 out of the Great Tribulation which Jesus said was shortened by the arrival of the Day of the Lord's sun/moon/star event of v. 29.

It does not say the Great Multitude were sealed for the Great Tribulation.

It does show the Elect who come out of the shortened Great Tribulation are in Heaven before the desolations God has decreed, Daniel 9:26 from so long ago, go out from the soon to be opened Scroll.

Rev.7 is especially about the idea of the sealing of God's elect servants PRIOR to the "four winds" blowing on earth (end of this world at Christ's coming). There is no specific mention of a 'rapture' anywhere within that Rev.7 chapter.

Instead, we're given a future view of the great multitude with Christ after His coming, having washed their robes and made them white in the Blood of The Lamb Jesus, and "Therefore, are they before the throne of God...". They went through the tribulation in order to do that washing. They don't do that washing of their robes by escaping the tribulation. Through much tribulation we must enter into the Kingdom of God (Acts 14:22).

This is why Milennium timing events like the waters of life, no hunger, no tears, is also given as a time marker of what period John is seeing that great multitude in. That's how we know John is being given a future forward view into the Milennium at that point of Rev.7:9 forward.

This doesn't say what you say it says. You are backing into the Bible based on a prior conclusion on your part that Jesus parousia is only realized with the seventh Trumpet. This is not discussing what is in the Bible, but forcing everyone to argue from the basis of your eschatology.

Rev 10:5-7
5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
6 And sware by Him That liveth for ever and ever, Who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as He hath declared to His servants the prophets.
(KJV)

Well, I think it's so easy that a 3rd grader can easily understand it, especially the 7th verse about the sounding of the seventh angel, which is about the sounding of the 7th Trumpet. It's not me that's backing anywhere.

No, I don't think God sends His Two Witnesses to Jerusalem at the sixthTrumpet... They precede Christ's parousia and are on the earth for 1260 days, the whole of the second half of the one 'seven.'

Then maybe you've forgetten how to count then, for the three 'woe' periods are given along with the last three trumpets. The 1st woe - 5th trumpet is the first time period; the 2nd woe - 6th trumpet is a second time period; and the 3rd woe - 7th trumpet is the final time period, literally. Since the 2nd woe does not end until Rev.11:14, everything before that verse is 2nd woe timing back to Rev.9:12. At Rev.9:12-13 is when the 2nd woe began... with the 6th TRUMPET.

Then it's a very, very simple matter to know the 1260 days of their prophesying ENDS within the same 'hour' the 2nd woe ends, and the 3rd woe begins. So you are correct the start of the 1260 days of their prophesying begins prior to Christ's coming, aproximately 1260 days + 3.5 days prior to Christ's coming (per the Scripture). It is Christ's coming that ends the "great tribulation" you know, which I thought you agreed on that point? So I don't know why you're not able to clearly see this 7th trumpet timing at the start of the 3rd woe is the END of the tribulation, and start of His wrath, just as the Rev.11:15-19 verses show.

The Great Earthquake doesn't happen in conjunction with the second Woe. I think you're mixing your Bible up here.

Rev 11:12-14
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
(KJV)

Why must I continually show you the Scripture as if you had never read it?

The third Woe is not Christ's victory... that's a celebration; not a desolation.

Rev 11:14-18
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever.
16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17 Saying, We give Thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, Which art, and wast, and art to come; because Thou hast taken to thee Thy great power, and hast reigned.
18 And the nations were angry, and Thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that Thou shouldest give reward unto Thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear Thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
(KJV)

Again, I have to show you. ALL of that is 7th trumpet - 3rd woe timing. Why are you in such denial of that? Who has bewitched you to follow something different?

The end of chapter 11 ends the one 'seven' and its broad overview. A lot of things are missing, but the important part is that we have a good chronological start to figure in the sequence of events which will happen.

Nothing is missing, except phrases some people unreasonably require, like a DIRECT STATEMENT among those verses that says something like, "Hey ya'll, Christ is coming and gathering His saints right here at this point now!"

Your chronology is simply based on the traditions you've been taught, sorry to say. Christ's chronology with those last three trumpets and three woe periods is not. We CANNOT get those events on the 5th trumpet - 1st woe, 6th trumpet - 2nd woe, and 7th trumpet - 3rd woe out of order. Our Lord made sure of that. That's why He chained those woes with the sounding of those specific trumpets! This is WHERE you start, to find out in WHAT ORDER the Revelation events actually belong! It is the height of battle time against His saints.

There is no reference to gathering the Saints at the end of God's desolations on the earth because they were gathered before them. That IS in the linear narrative.

The 6th seal shows the time of Christ's gathering and His wrath, just as the 7th trumpet also does, even though you flat deny BOTH of those timings. The 6th vial ALSO shows the same.

IF YOU SAY A RAPTURE HAPPENS BACK AT REV.4 OR 5, THEN THAT IS THE IDEA OF A PRE-TRIB RAPTURE, AND IS FALSE.

This is in parallel to the sixth Seal. Notice that the order of First Fruits to the Harvest of the Great Multitude is preserved. In addition, we now find out why the wicked know God is coming for them in Wrath; they heard what the three Angels said.

Rev.14:1-5 is a future forward look AFTER Christ's coming and gathering of His saints, ALL of His saints. It's a view like the great multitude of Rev.7. Rev.15 mentions another group too, but all His saints are gathered at the same timing. That's also the time of His wrath upon the wicked, and that's why those two views are given in that same Rev.14 chapter.

This is the "how" for the Great Multitude's arrival in Heaven. This is the same scene as Mt 24:31 and 1Th 4:17. THIS is Christ's parousia the Church was told to watch for, because the Church is not in Israel when the God/Magog invasion goes on right before the midpoint abomination. You're not even going to be able to travel there during that period, and after the midpoint abomination is set in place, you'd be hard pressed to escape the "test" of worship or death.

The Heavenly is going to be revealed upon this earth at Christ's coming. Christ's coming is to the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem, where His saints will be gathered to Him at. That's what the "great earthquake" at His coming is about, per Zech.14 and the Rev.11 7th trumpet events. The elect of Israel are gathered to Christ too, for they also are His Church. Only the unbelieving of Israel are not gatherd. The Gog-Magog Ezek.38-39 event happens JUST PRIOR to Christ's coming, for it's Christ's coming that ends that battle in the middleast. Or did you miss the "two candlesticks" (Churches) standing along with God's two witnesses during the tribulation? And if two symbolic Churches are STILL on earth during that 6th trumpet - 2nd woe period, the other five Churches are still on earth then too.

By your saying a 'rapture' happens prior to the Gog-Magog northern army coming upon Israel, that would infer another coming of Christ, instead of one. That's confusion. He comes one time only, and destroying that army that comes upon Israel on the last day is what His cup of wrath is especially about! It's also what ends the tribulation. You're trying to separate the several events that happen in the same timing, spreading them out just to TRY and INSERT YOUR COMFORT SAFETY ZONE OF BEING RAPTURED SOMEWHERE OFF THE EARTH! That's not going to happen. WE all will be here on earth until the last day (unless we die sooner).

Revelation chapters 13 through 16 inclusive are a parallel account to the broad overview of the Seal/Scroll chronology of chapters 4 through 11 (exclusive of the sidebar account of the Temple and the Two Witnesses in 11:1-13).

Rev.12 is part summary until the 6th verse, which is 1260 day timing. It links with the stinging event of Rev.9, and about the dragon's 42 month reign in Rev.13, which is trib timing. That also is the same timing of the two witnesses, I agree. Rev.14 is mixed with two different timings, as Rev.15 is also. Rev.16 is tribulation timing until the 7th vial.

John is being given multiple views in Rev.14. The firstfruits are about the 144,000 of Rev.7, AFTER the tribulation, not DURING IT AND NOT BEFORE IT. Then the timeline moves back to when Babylon is judged, and a warning about worshipping the beast. And then, a blessing about those who die in Christ from that point forward. Just HOW MANY so-called 'raptures' are there in your view, because if we look at Rev.14 from YOUR perspective, it's like people are coming to Christ and then dying and continually going to Heaven!!! There's only ONE time that Christ gathers His saints to Him.

This is another view of the Great Multitude in verse 2. Notice they are safely inside the Temple when God's Wrath goes against the tares who have been collected in the field of this world.

The Bowl Judgments take time. They are not all at once, or even in a day.

Wrong. Rev.16 shows the beast still at work on earth all the way up to the 7th vial. And Christ gives a warning to His saints on earth on the 6th vial. So the saints in Rev.15 that got the victory over the beast is a future view after Christ's coming and wrath, while the vials go back to tribulation timing.

This is a whole other subject. Who is left after the Church is taken? One such group are the Remnant Jews who do not yet believe in Christ, but whom God has set aside and shepherds through the desolations He will bring upon the earth. They are going to have to MOVE in a moments notice or bear their shame...

The 6th-7th vial events is not "a whole other subject". It is about TRIBULATION TIMING, AND THEN CHRIST'S COMING WITH A GREAT EARTHQUAKE, THE SAME EARTHQUAKE OF REV.11 AND REV.6, and the time of His wrath. Everyone will go through the tribulation, you included. And that tribulation will be a TEST upon us, to see who we will worship. And for some of us, by refusing to bow to the image of the beast, we will be killed. That's the same test upon all.

I do not think Revelation is written like a novel. I have covered this already. Do you read what others write so as to understand what they say? If so, why do you repeat this false charge here against me?

What charge would that be? That you expect Revelation to follow a linear order against the Scripture evidence of Christ's coming on the 6th-7th seal, 7th trumpet, and 7th vial? That your doctrine inserts a false 'rapture' into Scripture where there is none? You seem well educated, but mainly according to traditions, and appear unable to get very far from the tether of those who taught you. We shouldn't mistake tradition as a safety-net.

By the way, I'm quite familiar with jet engines and aircraft. I was a B-52 crew chief in the USAF during the Vietnam era.

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
Watchman:

1. Granted that John begins the Seals by saying one, and he also says one of the Living Creatures says "come," but after that, John numbers the Seals and the Living Creatures in order, however, the Bible does not state the Seals are not opened in any particular chronological order. That is your interpretation which you are injecting into the text. While we cannot know which Seal was opened up first, it may be that it was not on the left or right. Likewise, being in a circle, the Living Creatures are not in any order to know which is first. Simply put, one came forward with the command to the spirit. There is no reason for you, however, to be combative and say the Rapture is a lie, or try and say anyone who looks to the gathering rapio for harpazo is under a delusion as a sort of curse from you. That is uncalled for.

2. Having Christ unleash the anti-Christ, as so many do think for the first Seal does not comport to the nature of the horsemen as seen in Zechariah 6 as being spirits that go to work in the world, nor do I think the anti-Christ comes from God. Furthermore, your interpretation that this somehow represents the 6th Seal is totally off base. The one Seal being broken out of the seven precedes the sixth; they can't be the same. What you are saying is illogical. Only if you want to throw all the narrative basis for the account John gives, which is linear, then you can wipe the slate clean and put up anything you like. You might as well say it's all figurative, and then you can lend any interpretation you like to the Seals. That would be to make the Bible say what you want it to say, and way too many people do that already.

3. As far as "Elect" is concerned you are quite incorrect; the term most certainly is equated with the Church in Mt 22:14; Col 3:12; 2Ti 2:10; 1Pe 1:1; 1Pe 2:9, and Rev 17:14. Far from being no verse as you contest, there are six which specifically do equate the two, and Peter opens up his salutation with it to the Church saying: "To God's elect, strangers in the world..."

4. I note that you cannot debate any of the points in the rebuke I gave for your insistence that the Rapture is not in the Bible, and instead you just resort to insults... This is not a Christian dialogue, but one I would expect when dealing with someone outside of the Church.

5. I did not say the tares were to repent. I said they are the objects of God's Wrath. Please do not try and put words in my mouth.

6. I already defied you and did prove there is a Rapture in the Bible and Paul says to encourage each other with the news. You instead are trying to cut down that belief and you insult any who hold onto it.

As I learn who the players on here, I am rapidly figuring out that you are a spoiler, and not really worthy of honest debate. As I have things to do before I go out again on another trip, this one a two-day Indianapolis, I'm going to end my response here now. (Christina, I'll get back to you later.) If you, Watchman, want to discuss something from the Bible, fine, but if you want to just insult because I don't read the Bible as you see it, all I can do is retort: "Already answered, and rebuked" if you just want to plow the same ground over again.

Mark

Jun 9, 2010
Watchman:

1. Granted that John begins the Seals by saying one, and he also says one of the Living Creatures says "come," but after that, John numbers the Seals and the Living Creatures in order, however, the Bible does not state the Seals are not opened in any particular chronological order. That is your interpretation which you are injecting into the text. While we cannot know which Seal was opened up first, it may be that it was not on the left or right. Likewise, being in a circle, the Living Creatures are not in any order to know which is first. Simply put, one came forward with the command to the spirit. There is no reason for you, however, to be combative and say the Rapture is a lie, or try and say anyone who looks to the gathering rapio for harpazo is under a delusion as a sort of curse from you. That is uncalled for.

LOL....You are injecting your interpretation that the seals are in chronological order, when nothing in scripture backs your position. You really need to do your homework before you debate with me. If you don't, you end up looking very foolish as you have so far in this one.

The Greek words rendered 'first' through 'seventh' are non-specific and generic only. Check out the Greek for 'second' -

G1208

δεύτερος

deuteros

dyoo'-ter-os

As the compound of G1417; (ordinal) second (in time, place or rank; also adverbially): - afterward, again, second (-arily, time).

There is nothing therein the definition of this word, as well as all words 'first' through 'seventh' exclusive, that can be used to pin down the chronological order of events associated therewith. In your poor hermeneutics, you are taking a presumptive fixed definition of these words [being 'in time'], and, thereby, using that presumption to drive the interpretation thereof the associated seal scriptures. The same applies for the 'first' through 'seventh' trumpets and vials. These words, alone, do not establish chronological order. Chronological order can only be derived from other context. When one rightly divides the Word, it can be established that the trumpets and vials, indeed, are given in chronological order. However, the seals are not listed in chronological order, as the associated events described therewith can be shown from other scripture to not occur in that order. Hence, by context, the true Bible student can eliminate 'in time' as a possible meaning associated with the seal usage of 'first' through 'seventh' inclusive.

Let's save Satan's Doctrine, the 'Rapture', for a different topic. It is clear to me that the underlying basis for your OP is to support Rapture theory.

2. Having Christ unleash the anti-Christ, as so many do think for the first Seal does not comport to the nature of the horsemen as seen in Zechariah 6 as being spirits that go to work in the world, nor do I think the anti-Christ comes from God. Furthermore, your interpretation that this somehow represents the 6th Seal is totally off base. The one Seal being broken out of the seven precedes the sixth; they can't be the same. What you are saying is illogical. Only if you want to throw all the narrative basis for the account John gives, which is linear, then you can wipe the slate clean and put up anything you like. You might as well say it's all figurative, and then you can lend any interpretation you like to the Seals. That would be to make the Bible say what you want it to say, and way too many people do that already.

If you did your homework, you would have realized that the 4 horse references in Zech. 6 [red, black, white, and bay(reddish)] already don't comport themselves with the four horses listed for seals 'first' through 'fourth' inclusive [white, red, black, and pale (greenish)]. Assuming arguendo that Zech. 6 and Rev. 6 speak of the same horses, the mere fact that the order of Rev. 6 does not conform to the order given in Zech. 6 further proves that the seals of Rev. are not given in chronological order. Of course, the colors as well as the order do not match. Hence, the true Bible student concludes that the 'horses' of Zech. 6 and those of Rev. 6 are not the same.

You further show your lack of scholarship regarding the Antichrist. If you did your homework, you would know that the Antichrist is Satan himself as the word 'anti-' means 'instead of'. The Antichrist pretends to be the true Christ. That is how he deceives the whole world [except for God's elect].

Your own blindness keeps you from reading my posts correctly, I stated that the seal listed in Rev. 6:1 was actually the 6th seal chronologically. The 'sixth' seal listed is, in actuality, the seventh seal chronologically. The reason a 'scroll' is used to describe these events is meaningful. There is no particular order required to unseal a scroll. 'Scroll' was chosen for that specific reason -- to edify the true Bible student as to the fact that the associated events are not in chronological order.

3. As far as "Elect" is concerned you are quite incorrect; the term most certainly is equated with the Church in Mt 22:14; Col 3:12; 2Ti 2:10; 1Pe 1:1; 1Pe 2:9, and Rev 17:14. Far from being no verse as you contest, there are six which specifically do equate the two, and Peter opens up his salutation with it to the Church saying: "To God's elect, strangers in the world..."

No proof -- just as I suspected. It is obvious that you are clueless as to the three ages, who the elect are, and the purpose for this age.

4. I note that you cannot debate any of the points in the rebuke I gave for your insistence that the Rapture is not in the Bible, and instead you just resort to insults... This is not a Christian dialogue, but one I would expect when dealing with someone outside of the Church.

I can easily defeat Rapture each and every time. Rapture simply is not in the Bible manuscripts. Anyone can do a word search of the KJV and see that the word 'Rapture' does not exist in the Bible. The fact that the Latin Vulgate contains a similar word does not mean that the word 'rapture' actually exists in the Bible manuscripts. The Vulgate is only a translation. Hence, it was uncessary to address your points as they were moot to begin with.

Can we agree that 'Rapture' is merely a Bible assumption? If so, like any assumptive belief, it is in want of proof.

5. I did not say the tares were to repent. I said they are the objects of God's Wrath. Please do not try and put words in my mouth.

You missed the point again. God informs us as to the purpose for His wrath. I gave you the scripture -

Rev 16:9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

Only people professing to be 'Christians' need to repent. Those that are not Christians are not saved in any event [thereby, making it unnecessary for God to deliver wrath upon them]. What do Christians in the endtime need to repent of [in addition to normal day to day sin]?? That, too, is answered in scripture -

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

How do Christians 'fall away'?? They fall away through false doctrine. God informs us exactly what doctrine that they take in. It is when the Lord returns. For those that believe in pretrib or midtrib 'Rapture', the mistake will be made that Christ comes first [to rapture the Church]. It is referred to in other means in scripture -

Rev 16:2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

'Rapture' is 'the mark of the beast'. God's wrath is delivered at alleged-Christians who believe in rapture -- not the tares.

6. I already defied you and did prove there is a Rapture in the Bible and Paul says to encourage each other with the news. You instead are trying to cut down that belief and you insult any who hold onto it.

Paul never wrote "rapture" in any of his writings.

As I learn who the players on here, I am rapidly figuring out that you are a spoiler, and not really worthy of honest debate. As I have things to do before I go out again on another trip, this one a two-day Indianapolis, I'm going to end my response here now. (Christina, I'll get back to you later.) If you, Watchman, want to discuss something from the Bible, fine, but if you want to just insult because I don't read the Bible as you see it, all I can do is retort: "Already answered, and rebuked" if you just want to plow the same ground over again.

LOL...Look at the person's post that started this topic. He profferred that the 'very last trumpet', with no more trumpets to come thereafter, was blown before the 'first trumpet'. How blatantly STUPID is that proposition?? Oh -- that person was you! And, now, you have the audacity to say that I am not worthy of honest debate.

Your hypocrisy outdoes your Bible illiteracy!!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

There is something to what watchman is saying about the seals. The main purpose of the seven seals is to impart information about certain events, signs. They parallel seven signs our Lord Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse. Only Christ Jesus can open them up to us, i.e., to our understanding.

And one of the signs He gave was about a pseudochristos (KJV "false Christs"), which the context is about a singular false messiah. Christ warned us if some start saying Christ has returned, that He is here or there, to not believe it. Or if they say He's in the desert, or in the secret chambers, to believe it not. It's one of the most important warning signs He gave in His Olivet discourse, because He gave it two times for emphasis.

So looking at the events of the seven seals, which seal most likely reveals that particular sign He gave about a pseuod-Christ, i.e., a false messiah? It's especially the first opened seal, the rider on the white horse, because riding on a white horse is how Christ comes per Rev.19. However, that seal was given in Rev.6 first, which doesn't match the order of the trumpets, nor the order of the vile person coming to power and setting up of the abomination that maketh desolate. Per 2 Thess.2, that false messiah is to be revealed only when Christ comes to destroy him, so that timing has to be on one of the last of the seven seals. Thus, that first seal Christ opens is not the first seal in His order of events. That cannot be derived by looking at Rev.6 by itself, because one must first understand what that rider on the white horse represents, and also the order of events given elsewhere leading up to Christ's coming. It's the last three trumpets with their woe periods that reveal the proper order of events.

Well, actually, the white horses of Zechariah do fit that seal of the white horse rider coming at some time just prior to Christ's coming. In Zech.6, we're shown the white horses are part of what quiets God's Spirit in the "north country". And what is it that comes out of the northern quarters upon Israel on the last day? Satan's great army of Ezek.38. It has a parallel on the 6th trumpet and 6th vial (Armageddon). The 6th seal also has a parallel to it, because there's one event on the 6th seal mentioned that I'm pretty certain you haven't yet understood how it fits. It's the event of the stars of heaven falling to earth and the untimely figs idea. You'd make a mistake thinking that event is about literal stars falling.

Truly, there is no "Rapture" in God's Word, simply because what you're calling a 'rapture' is about Christ gathering His Church off away from the earth to Heaven in order to not suffer His wrath poured out upon the wicked on earth. What God's Word actually teaches is that when Christ comes, His servants on earth will be changed at the twinkling of an eye, and then flee to where He will return to, which is upon the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem (Zech.14; Acts 1). The mistake many make is not understanding what that twinkling of an eye change at Christ's coming is about, and thinking according to flesh order to not suffer His wrath. i

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
LOL....
You are injecting your interpretation....
You really need to do your homework...
you end up looking very foolish...
the true Bible student...
Satan's Doctrine, the 'Rapture',
If you did your homework...
You further show your lack of scholarship...
Your own blindness...
you are clueless...
...to address your points as they were moot to begin with.
like any assumptive belief...
You missed the point again...
the mistake will be made that Christ comes first [to rapture the Church].
'Rapture' is 'the mark of the beast'.
How blatantly STUPID is that proposition?? Oh -- that person was you! And, now, you have the audacity to say that I am not worthy of honest debate.
Your hypocrisy outdoes your Bible illiteracy!!
Already answered and rebuked.

You are not worthy of honest debate; your post is full of insults. This is not how we are to treat one another.

If you don't have anything to say about my comparison and you want to rant on about your interpretations and beliefs instead, why don't you start a thread which exposes how teaching 1Th 4:16-17 is Satan's Doctine and how the "mark of the beast" is really belief in the Rapture and see how far you can go.

Mark

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
I prefer to let the Scripture speak for itself with showing its events, which reveals timing they occur and their connections with the seals, trumpets, and vials throughout Revelation. That reveals events that occur in a parallel timing, but evidently the parallels you see are different than what I see.
Well that happens; that's why we share and discuss.

I look at the Seal/Scroll account of Revelation chapters 4-11 (exclusive of 11:1-13) as one long, broad overview to the end-times which includes the beginning of birth pains, which I think happens outside the "birthing" of the Millennium of Christ's reign when the "water breaks" with the start of the one 'seven,' to carry the birth analogy along. To wit: I look at the first Seal spirit being unleashed as fostering a whole system which is against Christ because there are many anti-Christs apart from the "ruler who will come" who sets up the talking image of himself through the false prophet in front of the Curtain inside the Temple which has yet to be built in Jerusalem. Anything which takes away from Jesus, or allows people to look for "salvation" besides in Christ, is a type of anti-Christ. A lot of "-ism's" fit this bill; whenever something exists which people put their trust in then can be termed as being against Christ.

I well know Rev.1:7 is only giving info about Christ's coming, and is not happenning at that point in the Rev. flow. But because of the type of events that begin on the 7th trumpet - 3rd woe in Rev.11:15 to the end of the Rev.11 chapter, the time of His coming IS happenning there, even though we don't have there this exact type of statement as given in Rev.1:7. So the Rev.1 example is like a, look and mark these events that occur with Christ's coming, they'll pop up later.
Agreed on 1:7; and you do admit there is nothing in chapter 11 latter half to specify the gathering at that point. I will agree it covers the end of the one 'seven' though.

I don't think you understand what the third heaven really means.
It is my own thinking. I started with Paul's term for what a person he knew did, went "downward" with the fifth Seal for a "second Heaven" and finally looked at the "ends of Heaven" Jesus mentioned, or Paradise as He described in Luke 16 as the "first."

This answered the question for me as to how: 1. We go to Heaven when we die, 2. Yet Jesus has to come back for us so we can be with Him, and 3. That we only "arrive" in the presence of the Father after the Resurrection of the Dead in Christ and the Rapture of those Elect who are still alive and are left after the Great Tribulation nearly destroys them all.

I like your definition of Heaven, and I've read lots of commentaries about it. I am talking about a different plane, or another aspect of the same thing though. Both ideas can exist simultaneously. I did not come up with this from paganism though, Paul was the one who termed it the third.

I don't buy that elders want to hear our stories bit. The elders there are declaring how God has taken power to reign.
I am in a hotel in Dallas (I didn't make it to Indianapolis last night due to some storms here) and I don't have a Bible here. However, as God rules, He also allows us to rule in His stead. While He will judge, I know of passages in which He passes on that authority to us or others, like how the Apostles will judge the twelve tribes of Israel after the second Resurrection.

Nope. John is first shown 24 thrones ("seats") only. Then, ... he is shown 24 elders sitting upon them (representing 12 OT Partriarchs and 12 Apostles). It's to show God's Heavenly pattern. The elders don't actually sit upon them until after Christ's gathering. In Matt.19:28 our Lord confirms this, for He said in the regeneration is when His Apostles will sit upon 12 thrones. If we believe the OT Patriarchs and NT Apostles are already there sitting upon 24 thrones as those elders, then that is to push the idea they have already been made 'perfect', without us. Because some believe they are there at this point in Rev.4, they also wrongly conclude the whole Church must have been raptured, which that isn't true either.
I hear what you're saying, but I don't agree with your logic. The Elders have thrones... they have already passed the test. I think they were captives that Jesus led in His train when He first went to see the Father after He met Mary in the Garden.

I have to get off the hotel computer now... it's a shared thing. I'll try and respond more tomorrow when I'm home.

Paul

Aug 19, 2006

If you don't have anything to say about my comparison and you want to rant on about your interpretations and beliefs instead, why don't you start a thread which exposes how teaching 1Th 4:16-17 is Satan's Doctine and how the "mark of the beast" is really belief in the Rapture and see how far you can go.

Mark

Mark, the subject of 1 Thes 4:13 is, where are those that are asleep, dead.

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

Your rapture doctrine is FALSE! It is a doctrine of Satan, not God. Those that have the “mark of the Beast” are those that believe any of his false doctrines, period! There are all ready hundreds of threads on this forum about your rapture, another one will not make it true.

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
Paul, I have to laugh out loud at your post. I am SO sorry to hear I already have an impression in my hand so I can buy and sell. As I am thus not Christian, and unworthy of eternal life based on my eschatology, I might as well go out and rape, murder and steal so I can "grab all the gusto" I can before I die and go to Hell.

As I am posting from my cell phone, I can't tell how many posts you have or how long you've been on board here, but as I am new here, I didn't know there were so many threads as you describe.

So what is the majority opinion here? Amillennial? Preterist? I thought most were Post-Trib, but like I said, I'm new here.

Jun 9, 2010
Already answered and rebuked.

You are not worthy of honest debate; your post is full of insults. This is not how we are to treat one another.

Mark

LOL...grow up!

When you can act like an adult and demonstrate some intellectual integrity, you might learn the Truth.