The Law of Moses Has Not Been Abolished

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
75% of the content of my studies is quoted scripture. Very few words of mine. This is deliberate, because I want people like you to know that what I am conveying is scripture, not my own teachings. But still, you people are stubborn.
i know, huh?

So glad you are nothing like that, ty for your sacrifice here.

Reactions: Richard_oti

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'm putting you on ignore also. Bye.
and fwiw i hope you understand that i am not meaning to belabor the point unnecessarily; just some ppl read faster than others, so to speak, ok. You might note that all i did was quote a Scripture there, and left it to you to make the comparison, or not. You could as easily have tried to refute it, too, see.

Or, for all you knew, i was referring to him, even, and not you at all.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'm putting you on ignore also. Bye.
just to let you know, i am going to use this couple of pages to develop why forgiveness does not avail people of salvation, and i hope you might see your way clear to bless the undertaking, someday.

You are forgiven, ok?

Truth is not the pleasant jaunt through one's misguided opinions that it is usually made out to be, huh?
Whether they are presented as "facts" or not.
Forums are crucibles for ideas, and you are brave to subject your ideas to them imo. Peace to you.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to observe the Sabbath, then do so on Saturday. And you are forbidden to work as commanded by the Law. You cannot drive your car, you cannot pump gas in your car, you cannot turn on lights in your house, you cannot go grocery shopping. You want to come under the command of the Sabbath? Then obey it as commanded.

I'm sorry but who are you? Christ I know and he has revealed the intent of Father for all who love him showing how one should honor His Holy Day. Your words are laced with the Pharisees leaven to make it a burden rather than a Day that men can commune with God and focus on learning from them all that we need to be ready for the kingdom when it comes.
So on Friday before evening I will have prepared everything needed for the day so that I can spend those few precious hours in worship from my closet or whatever place I choose in my own house and I will open myself to any crumbs that may fall from the Lord's table if he chooses to have mercy on me a sinner undeserving of anything.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry but who are you? Christ I know and he has revealed the intent of Father for all who love him showing how one should honor His Holy Day. Your words are laced with the Pharisees leaven to make it a burden rather than a Day that men can commune with God and focus on learning from them all that we need to be ready for the kingdom when it comes.
So on Friday before evening I will have prepared everything needed for the day so that I can spend those few precious hours in worship from my closet or whatever place I choose in my own house and I will open myself to any crumbs that may fall from the Lord's table if he chooses to have mercy on me a sinner undeserving of anything.

Are you not the one implying that the Sabbath must be observed, yet you say I am like the Pharisee and you are not? We are at a liberty to observe, or not observe. If you observe it, then observe it as commanded, not in your own made up way of observing it.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
( ref bible or man's bible study)
yes, what possible difference could there be, lol

Another one of yours which made me laugh out loud. Thanks for that. :)

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you not the one implying that the Sabbath must be observed, yet you say I am like the Pharisee and you are not? We are at a liberty to observe, or not observe. If you observe it, then observe it as commanded, not in your own made up way of observing it.

I am one of the ones that is not only implying but stating in no uncertain terms that the seventh day Sabbath was made for man to commune with his maker AS THE MAKER INTENDED IT TO BE. I don't work and I spend the whole waking time seeking the manna from heaven.
If I eat several times in that period or go to the bathroom or perform any needful things, God knows that I do them according to their design and if by chance I go out of my house and have a picnic with the Lord in the midst of the creation they know that my mind is fixed on them and should I perceive that I can do good to my neighbor in my walk with God then Christ has shown us that this is acceptable behavior.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you guys can't even read a short study, how do you even go about reading your bibles, which is an entire book of many books?
I have been reading my Bibles daily in three languages for going on 40 years. I now read the entirety of each of the three Bibles in a little less than 2 years. This is a seven day a week work for me. I am not bragging. That is simply what I do. That does not count the Bible study times spent outside of regular reading times. I also clean our house and care for my semi-invalid wife. Of course things like sports and TV and other entertainment are left in last place. They are seldom considered in things that I do each day.

Do you realize how many commentaries and writings by Christians or people who call themselves Christians there are? It would be a physical impossibility for most [all?] people to read them all in a lifetime. I am almost 74 years old. How many more years do you suppose I have? [You needn't answer that last question.]

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ah, but i am witnessing for him, even if i am not opposed to you, wadr.
And this has already been declared, i have not just now admitted it, right.

Shall i get another witness, so that you can hear it from 3?

Where is your witness?

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Fathers Sabbath intent
(Pay attention here because your maker is giving you some very important information regarding the Sabbath and what he expects) Notice I am not adding to or taking away from God's word. What is stated should be sufficient.

Isa 58:1Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins. 2Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God. 3Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours. 4Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.

5Is it such a fast that I have chosen?
a day for a man to afflict his soul?
is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him?
wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?

6Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
7Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

8Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
9Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity; 10And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday: 11And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

13If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

14Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The book of Moses law that was placed by the side of the ark instead of in the ark with the two tables of testimony were placed there to show that they were temporary. The two tables of the testimony that perpetually reside below the mercy seat are a representation of the heavenly and will never pass away. What people should be seeking is to understand why there are two tables to begin with and what the differences of the testimonies contained on each tablet mean.

Reactions: bbyrd009

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, but i am witnessing for him, even if i am not opposed to you, wadr.
And this has already been declared, i have not just now admitted it, right. Shall i get another witness, so that you can hear it from 3? Where is your witness?

I appreciate your intent but I believe that you were placed in time out by his highness.....and you know what happens when you try to break the laws of man added to God's pure word..... there's usually a bit of fire involved and possibly some stones...;)

Funny thing between me and you is I understand completely what you mean by "not being opposed to you" because I am not actually opposed either but I desire there to be a separation of Godly from earthly.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
hmmm I clicked one of @bbyrd009 links and look what popped up;

The Sabbath in Acts
Luke's Record of Paul's Understanding
Posted on Dec 2, 1997 by Kevin Epps Estimated reading time: 12 minutes
https://www.ucg.org/the-good-news/the-sabbath-in-acts-lukes-record-of-pauls-understanding

no flaw I could see in it....

Nor I, though I did not read it carefully.

He mentioned Galatians 4:9-10, which I have long stated is not a reference to the appointed times of YHVH, but rather to such as:

Deuteronomy 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch ...

In Galatians 3:1, Paul starts out with: who has bewitched you

It is my opinion, that Paul had Devarim 18:10 in mind while writing that.

Due to the "circumcision" controversy, and what better way to stir up controversary, it was determined:

Act 15:20 but that we write unto them, that they abstain from the pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from what is strangled, and from blood.

And immediately following:

Act 15:21 For Moses from generations of old hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath.

Why include that there? Unless, it was to mean that the new "believers" would learn as they heard the "Word" of the Instruction each shabat.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
it is in the public domain now, you do not need this

I know. But I wouldn't be quoting them to "share" as he intended they be shared. He expressly states they are not copyrighted.

If I were to quote them, it would be to reveal them for what they truly are.

So out of courtesy, I thought I would ask his permission. Since he did not expressly state that no, I may not. I shall consider them fair game for whatever purpose I should choose to do with them.

So if I am ever bored, I now have a project, which would be worthless if I am on ignore. For the whole purpose, would be so that he could see the issues in some of his so-called "studies".

I see you also got the "iggy". My condolences, I am sure you are all verklept over it. <chuckle>

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Whatever. I am done contending with you trying to get you to understand the truth. Ignore.

Que sera sera.

Hey, you forgot to shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against me.

You're gonna track my unclean dust all over the place you know!