The law or Grace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Now what are you going to choose. the law or grace.

The law requires you blood -no other option- you live by the law you must keep all teh laws- there is no payment but your blood, that is what the law requires- you live by the law you condemn yourself, Us gentiles where never under the law, jesus did not die to give us the law, we came to Christ through Grace.

Christ requires us to Love, love does not go out to hurt other, in Love we fullfill teh law without being under the law. DO you not understand.

Which do youy choose, the Law and death ot Grace by Christ into salvation, you can not sit on the fence it is one or the other, you live by the law, you keep one of the laws you have chosen by your own works to try earn your salvation, and again the only payment is your blood, how many trimes does it need to be repeated. YOU CANNOT OUT DO CHRIST.

And the enemies favourite tune - "oh but you cant use that to wilingly sin". Its his number one hit song sung by so many christians.

Love does not go out to hurt anyone why do you think jesus said.

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

You are in your flesh until Christ comes and changes you or you go to be with Him, untill then you will sin daily, hourly, by the minute by the second, by you deeds by your thoughts, you cannot escape it, the law will condemn you Christs Grace - says get up and go on it is done. Whcih are you going to live by.

in All His Love

Reactions: clark thompson
B

brakelite

Quote: You are in your flesh until Christ comes and changes you or you go to be with Him, untill then you will sin daily, hourly, by the minute by the second, by you deeds by your thoughts, you cannot escape it, the law will condemn you Christs Grace - says get up and go on it is done. Whcih are you going to live by.

If we walk according to the flesh, then yes, we shall fail miserably. ....as the following testifies....

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Now tell me. What do you think the consequences are for someone who walks in the Spirit? Does their mind change in regards to sin? Does Jesus change their hearts and minds? If they continue to abide in Jesus do they become different, even new creatures? And does the scripture inform us of what nature the fruits are thereof of those changes that God Himself makes in the lives of His people? Yes,. I most certainly does. Unfortunately, many Christians today do not believe the words of scripture when it comes to the magnitude of the changes that God can and does make in the lives of His children who are willing to fully surrender themselves to His power and grace.

Romans 8:1 ¶ There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

That last line doesn't bear much relation to what you described above does it. According to you the Christian so called sins every day, every hour, every minute, in thought and deed. What a sad pathetic Christian he must be. Being defeated so often by temptation and falling constantly under the power of the enemy. Is this really the life of the overcoming Christian God promises belongs to all who trust Him? Is this really the abundant life Christ offers? Is God really so powerless that He cannot change the heart of man from sin to obedience? No, He is not so powerless.
Allow me to continue with that scripture you first quoted from Romans 6, and see where it leads.
Romans 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin but, ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The above makes it abundantly clear to all who are willing to believe. Not only is holiness in this life possible, but it is the way to eternal life, being the fruits of faith that comes only through the grace and mercy and power of an all encompassing all pervading Spirit empowered recreation of the human mind and heart. Grace is not an antithesis to law my friend, it establishes it. It is the gospel.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
tell me brakelite, do you know of any one without sin ?? I know of none, i know of many who wlak after the sprit they still sin but sin no longer has a hold of them.

Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

In All His love

This is not a scripture war its a battle for mens souls.

B

brakelite

All that you have quoted is entirely consistent with what I quoted. I did not say anyone was sinless. I said it is possible to live without sin. And that should be our goal. You aim at anything less and you will hit that target every time.

BlackManINC

Feb 21, 2014
brakelite said:
All that you have quoted is entirely consistent with what I quoted. I did not say anyone was sinless. I said it is possible to live without sin. And that should be our goal. You aim at anything less and you will hit that target every time.
On one hand, no one is sinless.......yet it is possible to live without it? Oxymoron much? If it is possible, then I don't need Jesus anymore, since I have no guile within me. What planet are you from? On my planet, there isn't a soul on this earth that hasn't at one point or another had so much as a sinful thought that they have the nerve to believe themselves to be living without sin. For there not to be dirt in that bag, in that soul, he would literally have to be a child, who has no concept of right and wrong.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False dichotomy. The law was given to us by God and is part of His Grace.

Jesus and Paul were speaking to a specific audience - Jews that were raised in the tradition of the Temple and were taught that what they did and their identity made them special or chosen by God. Neither Jesus or Paul were mocking the Jewish people for what they were born into - mocking people is never effective in bringing about a change of heart or mind. The pure message is 'loosen up! God loves you - all you have to do is recognize it and participate in a relationship with Him. Physical acts of religion are empty without the participation of your mind and heart - stop torturing yourselves by performing outward sacrifices and rituals alone, because it is getting in the way of the relationship rather than expressing it, as it was originally meant to do.'

Thankfully, it is really not a difficult concept to grasp.

However, it must be point out that Paul did speak using hyperbole; which,unfortunately looks like sarcasm and mocking to us today, and often leads to witnessing to nonChristians in a condescending manner, while justifying it with Paul's tone and Jesus's outburst in the Temple (the same people who do this fail to acknowledge that Jesus taught in the very same Temple). Paul's hyperbole also gives license (in the minds of some Christians) to test and ridicule other Christians.........sad because unity is what we are supposed to be about.

So, God's grace is the reason for our very existence, the law, and our capacity to exercise faith. We are both sustained, and saved by Gods grace.

B

brakelite

BlackManINC said:
On one hand, no one is sinless.......yet it is possible to live without it? Oxymoron much? If it is possible, then I don't need Jesus anymore, since I have no guile within me. What planet are you from? On my planet, there isn't a soul on this earth that hasn't at one point or another had so much as a sinful thought that they have the nerve to believe themselves to be living without sin. For there not to be dirt in that bag, in that soul, he would literally have to be a child, who has no concept of right and wrong.
Hi. I am not suggesting in any way or form that any of us has never sinned. "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God'. I do no disagree with that verse. Nor do I disagree with the concept that we are all susceptible to falling. We were born with a penchant toward sin, an inclination to transgress, an naturally inherited quality that demands our obedience...the sin nature.
Having said that however, Christians are now born again. That sin nature is now dead in Christ. It no longer has dominion over us. If sin no longer has dominion over us, then we must have dominion over sin. That does not make us perfect, but it gives us the hope that we can be so. It gives each one of us a higher goal to aim for than the compromising standards so common among the defeatist under-achievers that currently populate so many Christian churches today. This does not make me a better person than anyone else. I will always need Jesus as my Mediator and Savior, for I will never attain to the holiness of God...I will always fall short of His glory...but God has a greater hope for us all than many have the faith to believe for. For a Christian to believe that all he can hope for is a continuing slavish subservience to sin, to sin every day, every hour, every minute as mjrhealth suggested in a previous post is sadly for many, all he will attain to. We get what we believe for.
We have the very same power available to us in this life as Jesus had available to Him. Jesus, in union with divinity, was able to overcome. We, in our born again state, are also able to partake of the divine nature, and overcome.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Brakelite,

I quiet agree with your last post, but not this.

For a Christian to believe that all he can hope for is a continuing slavish subservience to sin, to sin every day, every hour, every minute as mjrhealth suggested in a previous post is sadly for many, all he will attain to
See I quit the worrying part when I finally got the understanding whilst lying in the bath. No sin no longer has a hold on me, if I screw up i dont feel guilty,it is the nature of mt flesh to sin, it stands against everything that is God, it is the realization that to God it is not an issue so for me it is no longer a problem, what it it, I die daily, not much fun but we will eventually get there.

In all His Love

B

brakelite

mjrhealth said:
Hi Brakelite,

I quiet agree with your last post, but not this.

See I quit the worrying part when I finally got the understanding whilst lying in the bath. No sin no longer has a hold on me, if I screw up i dont feel guilty,it is the nature of mt flesh to sin, it stands against everything that is God, it is the realization that to God it is not an issue so for me it is no longer a problem, what it it, I die daily, not much fun but we will eventually get there.

In all His Love
Yes bro, it ought not be a worry that we let ourselves, and God, down. We do all make mistakes from time to time, but we must get back up on the horse and keep going. Many times we shall find ourselves returning to the foot of the cross asking forgiveness, and seeking the power and strength to overcome whatever issue that is nagging at our rear ends. One of the most cool promises in the Bible is Jesus promise, that "those that hunger and thirst after righteousness shall be filled.". Another one I love is from Jeremiah 29:11-13.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
returning to the foot of the cross asking forgiveness
Way past that, the cross is where we die, its where we leave our old life, than we walk the narrow path that leads to life. Christ died for me once, He will not do it again, my sins are forgiven they dont need forgiving. Jesus is my Life the cross was my death. How can we go forward if we keep going back.??

In all His Life

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Grace saves you.

The law justifies you.

If you accept grace and place faith into it you also accept and keep the law.

If you do not live by the law you're in rebellion and you've chosen to forgo grace.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
pom2014 said:
Grace saves you.

The law justifies you.

If you accept grace and place faith into it you also accept and keep the law.

If you do not live by the law you're in rebellion and you've chosen to forgo grace.

What bible are you reading??

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Gal 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

You contradict the very book . you call the word of God....

in all his most gracious love.

Reactions: williemac

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
mjrhealth said:
What bible are you reading??

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Gal 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

You contradict the very book . you call the word of God....

in all his most gracious love.
I see what the issue here is.

Let me clarify.

1. Grace is needed for salvation as a Christian
A. Faith in grace is the ONLY method of salvation as a Christian
B. Works, including keeping the law, cannot save a Christian

2. Law and Grace are conjoined in Christianity
A. Because of Grace you are a new creature, a good tree, that accepts all the will of God, including the Law
B. You do good works because of Grace and following the Law

3. Refusal to keep the Law is rebellion against God
A. Rebellion of God results in death
B. Rebellion is a choice to refuse Grace

Is that a bit clearer now?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1. Grace is needed for salvation as a Christian
A. Faith in grace is the ONLY method of salvation as a Christian
B. Works, including keeping the law, cannot save a Christian
This part it true I dont think anyone disagrees with you.

2. Law and Grace are conjoined in Christianity
A. Because of Grace you are a new creature, a good tree, that accepts all the will of God, including the Law
B. You do good works because of Grace and following the Law
This part is twistbg the truth II its an all out lie.

3. Refusal to keep the Law is rebellion against God
A. Rebellion of God results in death
B. Rebellion is a choice to refuse Grace
This part is a blatant lie.

[SIZE=10pt]You first say that the law cannot save you, than in the very same breath you say you must live by the law. Have you not read my post.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]You are saying that without the law, you will sin, yet it is by that very same law that you do sin. By your very own words you have condemned yourself, for by the law there is no grace. The law requires blood, your blood there is no other payment. You have chosen death over life, you have, as the bible put it annulled the works of Jesus, and made them of no effect.[/SIZE]

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

That is what the LAW does.

The LAW was the old covenant given to teh Israelites, to the Jews, we came to Christ under a new covenant Grace yet you are trying to live under a covenant that was never given to you and is certainly not pleasing to God. As Jesus put it, you are trying to put the new wine into an old wine skin. it does not work.

Exo 34:27 And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.

in al His Love

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
mjrhealth said:
This part it true I dont think anyone disagrees with you.

This part is twistbg the truth II its an all out lie.

This part is a blatant lie.

[SIZE=10pt]You first say that the law cannot save you, than in the very same breath you say you must live by the law. Have you not read my post.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]You are saying that without the law, you will sin, yet it is by that very same law that you do sin. By your very own words you have condemned yourself, for by the law there is no grace. The law requires blood, your blood there is no other payment. You have chosen death over life, you have, as the bible put it annulled the works of Jesus, and made them of no effect.[/SIZE]

That is what the LAW does.

The LAW was the old covenant given to teh Israelites, to the Jews, we came to Christ under a new covenant Grace yet you are trying to live under a covenant that was never given to you and is certainly not pleasing to God. As Jesus put it, you are trying to put the new wine into an old wine skin. it does not work.

Exo 34:27 And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.

in al His Love
Alright, so when The King said he didn't do away with the law he lied?

I am again, NOT saying that the Law will secure your salvation. I am saying that IF you ARE placing faith in Grace you will KEEP the Law. And he simplified the Law with the Two Great Commands.

If you do not KEEP the Law you are in rebellion of God. You cannot be on his side and continue to break the Law. That is totally contrary to being a new creature, that is OLD way.

Now do you really think you can break the Two Great Commands with impunity and still be WITH the King?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know what you are trying to say but.

If you do not KEEP the Law you are in rebellion of God
It is because you choose to keep the law that you are in rebellion to God. If you need teh law to not sin of which is impossible than you are not under grace. Love does not choose to hurt other even without the law. the law is for the sinner to remind them of sin, do you know there are many people who drive lawfully who choose not to break teh law, but now and again it happens, the law will condemn them there is no grace.

In all His Love

Axehead

May 9, 2012
You may not be a Christian if you do not have rest. Which could mean you have not received Christ by faith. Faith does not come by the works of the law and rest certainly does not come by works. Rest is the opposite of working for your salvation. It is impossible to work for the infilling of the Holy Spirit, and working for the reception of the Lord into one's life is not repentance. The Lord will never be a debter to any man. His gift (of Himself) is free and He is received by faith. Working for His presence in your life, is actually the refusal to repent. You cannot continue on thinking you are good enough, or your works are good enough to make God fill you with His Spirit. It will never happen.

Jesus tried to keep things real simple for us religiously bent humans and here it is, from the Master's mouth. You don't have to be a theologian to understand, but if you are a theologian, you may miss it completely.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

The yoke of the law has never given anyone rest, only the person of Christ can give rest because He is the personification of rest. You must have Him to have rest. You must receive Him.

Axehead

B

brakelite

Here is a Bible study guys...

Righteousness is holiness; likeness to God, and God is love. (1 John 4:16) It is conformity to the law of God, for “all Thy commandments are righteousness” Psalm 119:72, and “love is the fulfilling of the law”. Rom 13:10

Righteousness is love, and love is the true light and life of God. The righteousness of God is embodied in Christ, and we receive righteousness by receiving Him.

Jesus speaking….“But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness”.…(Matt 6:33)

Yes, salvation comes to us only by faith, but to what purpose? Just so we can get to heaven and that’s it? We have this wonderful gift of faith and exercise it for just our benefit, for our own selfish eternal ends? No, not at all. We are called to glorify our Savior, our God and Lord. We do this through revealing Him to others. By living the life of the Lifegiver. Jesus said we must seek the kingdom of God yes, and we ought always be grateful for the salvation/redemption through the shed blood that makes that possible, but Jesus said that we , in equal importance to the kingdom, seek also God’s righteousness.

I think we ought to know what precisely God’s righteousness is.

1 Cor 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
Rom.5:17 For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.

It is evident that the righteousness which comes to us as a free gift by faith is the righteousness of God….so again, what is the righteousness of God?

Psalm 119:172 ¶ My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

The commandments of God are righteousness…not just in the abstract, but they are the righteousness of God.

Isa 51:6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.
7 Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings

They who know righteousness are those in whose heart is God’s law, thus the law of God is the righteousness of God. I can prove this another way….

All unrighteousness is sin….1 John 5:17 .....and whosoever commits sin transgresseth also the law, for sin is the transgression of the law 1 John 3:4

Sin is the transgression of the law, and it is also unrighteousness, therefore sin and unrighteousness are the same. So if unrighteousness is transgression against the law, surely righteousness must be obedience to the law. Now we need to know “what law”?
It is the law which says “thou shalt not covet”. because Paul tells us that is was that law which convinced him of sin. (Romans 7:7.) The law of ten commandments then, is the measure of the righteousness of God. Since it is the law of God, and is righteousness, it must be the righteousness of God. In fact, there really is no other righteousness. It is a written manifestation of the character and nature of God. God is also love, and Paul tells us that love is the fulfilling of the law. Thus if we are to seek God’s righteousness, then we are to seek obedience, through faith, to God’s law, by love. Thus rather than doing away with the law, (how can it be possible to do away with God’s righteousness?) through love we establish the law. All by faith. Not our righteousness, but God’s.
So Solomon was perfectly correct and agreed with the text of Matt 6:33 when he said:
“Let us hear the conclusion to the whole matter: fear God and keep His commandments; for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, whether they be good, or whether they be evil.” Eccl 12:13, 14.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
I guess the word Law is a problem for some.

The Law is fulfilled within the two great commandments.

If you do those two you keep the law (way is easy, yoke is light).

If you have placed faith in Grace it would be EASY to keep the law by doing the two great commands.

If you are NOT doing the two great commands, then you are in rebellion. You are a tree giving bad fruit and that means you not putting faith into Grace.

Grace is a not a get out of jail free card, so that every single time you sin you get cleansed only to be able to do that again and again and again. If you feel that way please hand in your
Christian card and take back up your Levite (Jew) card. This is what they did with sacrifices. They would sin to their hearts content, then sacrifice to be cleansed only to go back out a sin some more.

How many times will you murder our King until you say, hey I am supposed to be a new creature and hear and obey his commands?

The steps are simple.

Accept Grace
Place faith in it
Obey the Two Great Commands
Give the Good News

In no way are we supposed to keep doing the old things we used to do. There has to be an end to the old ways or else we're NOT new.

This is not a difficult concept is it?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Grace is a not a get out of jail free card, so that every single time you sin you get cleansed only to be able to do that again and again and again. If you feel that way please hand in your
The problem is you are missing the whole point of grace. Jesus died ONCE and for all, He is not going to keep climbing up on that cross for you. Love fulfills the law in that love chooses not to do evil, that does not make us perfect and certainly will not stop us from screwing up. Hence grace. Grace says, you have accepted the price I have paid you now choose to live by Love. I know you will mess up, thats ok its all taken care of.Now it comes down to words, If you insist on keeping the law through your own works, if you are forever worried about breaking the law, than you are under the law. There is no forgiveness when you break the law its only reward is death.If you feel guilty when you do mess up than you are being condemned by the law for it is the law that says "hey you sinned". But if you where under grace,there would be no guilt for the price is paid in full, and since the price is paid there is no condemnation,if there is no condemnation than there is no sin, if there is no sin there is no judgement,but judgement requires a law to be broken but if you are under grace guess what the only law is love.

Rom_13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

1Jn_4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

And that is why I do not have to worry about the law.

1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
1Co 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

In all His Love