The Little Book in Rev. 10

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then the natural chaos is nature...how things happen naturally.

I guess I view it more like...chaos ensues/ensued, rather than chaos just is.

I think chaos ensued and God brought the Light into that chaos that ensued. And then...it repeated, with us.

I don't think a place of chaos just naturally was.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess I view it more like...chaos ensues/ensued, rather than chaos just is.

I think chaos ensued and God brought the Light into that chaos that ensued.

I don't think a place of chaos just naturally was.

God hides things. He is a God who hides. Look at all the microscopic life...well we can't see it actually. But why go to all that trouble? What about the quantum realm. All seemingly chaotic.

So then the chaos is built in. From the beginning..as in...in the beginning. God created darkness as well as light. One shows up the other.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see that chaos could be considered to be built into our fallen world, by us. But we only see our world as it is. We don't see it as it was, before chaos ensued, through our rebellion. Before death entered it, before animals ate animals, before sickness. I'm not sure Adam saw the world He was placed in as chaotic...but I'm pretty sure he viewed it that way after he was kicked out of the garden.

Reactions: Nancy

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
OK...so I copied this post from another thread (dialectic) to continue with this important subject..

The Little Book:

This could be a thread in and of itself. But the chapter is so important to understand why we need to remain in the whole counsel of God.

Revelation 10

"1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,"

God printed many little books in the 1500's and gave them away to the common people to study the scriptures
for themselves. This is what started the protestant reformation that changed the religious world.

Martin Luther nailed 95 thesis on the church door @ Wittenberg in Saxony, and told the church why he didn't agree
with their doctrine. God modernized the printing press in the 14th century and it was very effective in getting the message
out to the common people. Amos 8:11 says,

11“Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord God,
“when I will send a famine on the land, not a famine
for bread or a thirst for water, but rather for hearing

the words of the Lord.

For several hundred years the common people were unable to study the scriptures for themselves, because the church
had chained and locked the scriptures up to keep common people from reading the Bible and coming to their own
conclusions about the interpretation. The church believed that the people needed a priest to interpret for them. They
believed they were the only ones that God would give the revelation.

The little book changed that.

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The small book is the shortened gospel that contains only the "sweet" parts that religious self-interest has any desire for. The book is small because there are so few verses that are agreed upon by these. Anything that sounds bitter will have been discarded. So their bible is indeed much smaller than the whole counsel of God. They take the sweet and discard the bitter as being for other people.

If we don't take the bitter with the sweet now...then we will experience the bitter in eternity.

a few thoughts here. Not saying you are wrong. It, not so much trying to figure out the little book, but the bitter and sweet part I have some verses maybe you can help with. Really trying to line up what you are saying as again I’m not saying you are wrong here but I could be the one confusing what I’ve read in the past. James 3:10-11 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. [11] Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

You said the little book is a shortened gospel where one only wants to eat the sweet parts of His word and not the bitter parts? The above passage, the way I’ve understood it in the past, says the sweet parts are the blessing and the bitter part is the cursing.

More at Isaiah 5:19-20 That say, Let him make speed, and hasten his work, that we may see it : and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw nigh and come, that we may know it ! [20] Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Again: opposite of sweet is bitter, switching evil for good and darkness for light. O what you are saying is confusing in a shortened gospel and stating of bitter and not only The sweet. like saying to not eat only if the light and good but also the darkness and evil? YET, am kind of getting your point in
Proverbs 27:7 The full soul loatheth an honeycomb; but to the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.
Compared to Luke 24:40-43 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet. [41] And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat? [42] And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. [43] And he took it, and did eat before them.

^ so again can see your point in the whole counsel of God becomes sweet, good, and Light ...all not just the parts we call good for us but even the difficult parts? But then it is not bitter but the whole counsel of God Light and good as He said in Him and His counsel is not darkness but Light.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, it is all so...over our heads, isn't it??

His words are sweet. Then we eat them and they are bitter to us. But then, somehow, the bitter ones turn sweet again...because we see His sheer genius, or at least we catch glimpses of it.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And one last point regarding the OP...

Ez. 3:14 "So the Spirit lifted me up and took me away, and I went in bitterness" וְרוּחַ נְשָׂאַתְנִי וַתִּקָּחֵנִי וָאֵלֵךְ מַר

Just as in Rev. 10 with the small book...that is sweet to the taste but bitter in the belly...so too the same is experienced by Ezekiel with the "book-scroll" מְגִלַּת-סֵפֶר

(Ez. 2:9) And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein;10 And he spread it before me; and it was written within and without: and there was written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woe.

This doesn't mean that there were ONLY written bitter things in the book...but that these having been left out initially must now be brought to bear....as a judgment.

If we only "eat" what is sweet now...then we will eat the bitter later.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, it is all so...over our heads, isn't it??

His words are sweet. Then we eat them and they are bitter to us. But then, somehow, the bitter ones turn sweet again...because we see His sheer genius, or at least we catch glimpses of it.

maybe this will help the “somehow”. Tried to add as much as the passage without too much. Keep in mind “the living water” when He cried to come and drink. Even in the book of Revelation there is a place where the waters turn bitter so no man can drink them. Exodus 15:23-26 And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah. [24] And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink? [25] And he cried unto the Lord ; and the Lord shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them, [26] And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.

What shall we drink? Prophetic in “the Lord showed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet.”

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
a few thoughts here. Not saying you are wrong. It, not so much trying to figure out the little book, but the bitter and sweet part I have some verses maybe you can help with. Really trying to line up what you are saying as again I’m not saying you are wrong here but I could be the one confusing what I’ve read in the past. James 3:10-11 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. [11] Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

You said the little book is a shortened gospel where one only wants to eat the sweet parts of His word and not the bitter parts? The above passage, the way I’ve understood it in the past, says the sweet parts are the blessing and the bitter part is the cursing.

More at Isaiah 5:19-20 That say, Let him make speed, and hasten his work, that we may see it : and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw nigh and come, that we may know it ! [20] Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Again: opposite of sweet is bitter, switching evil for good and darkness for light. O what you are saying is confusing in a shortened gospel and stating of bitter and not only The sweet. like saying to not eat only if the light and good but also the darkness and evil? YET, am kind of getting your point in
Proverbs 27:7 The full soul loatheth an honeycomb; but to the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.
Compared to Luke 24:40-43 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet. [41] And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat? [42] And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. [43] And he took it, and did eat before them.

^ so again can see your point in the whole counsel of God becomes sweet, good, and Light ...all not just the parts we call good for us but even the difficult parts? But then it is not bitter but the whole counsel of God Light and good as He said in Him and His counsel is not darkness but Light.

That's just it. We in God's house are not subject to the "life and death" judgment...but we are fully engaged in the "blessing and cursing" judgment of the house of God. The fact that so few believers realize this is very scary indeed.

Many believers are bitter...not sweet. They are bad figs not good figs. Their fruit is corrupt and carnal...not eternal.

My point is for some to realize this and change their ways while there is still time.

Ezekiel was called to warn the people of Israel...even though God knew they wouldn't listen.

Now it's our turn to ignore the warnings!!??!!

We speak both bitter and sweet while we yet remain carnal, uncrucified and untaught. But we need to learn of Him and be renewed in our way of thinking...bringing in humility and the fear of the Lord. THEN...comes the wisdom to depart from iniquity.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's kind of funny that small children must be regulated at mealtime. If they had their way, they would never eat meat and vegetables but would only choose the dessert.

If a parent allowed a child to eat only the sweet things they wanted, the child would become obese and malnourished at the same time. They would not live a very long life.

It's the same spiritually. By refusing the bitter words He gives us to eat and insisting only on the ones that taste sweet to us, We will not have life. The Passover lamb had to be eaten with bitter herbs.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“the Lord showed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet.”

The tree of life. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. His life and order by the Spirit brings in divine order to our natural chaos.

God sends His Comforter to make the bitter sweet for us.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's just it. We in God's house are not subject to the "life and death" judgment...but we are fully engaged in the "blessing and cursing" judgment of the house of God. The fact that so few believers realize this is very scary indeed.

Many believers are bitter...not sweet. They are bad figs not good figs. Their fruit is corrupt and carnal...not eternal.

My point is for some to realize this and change their ways while there is still time.

Ezekiel was called to warn the people of Israel...even though God knew they wouldn't listen.

Now it's our turn to ignore the warnings!!??!!

In the OT the curse, the “flying roll” entered “and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof” Zechariah 5:3-4 Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it. [4] I will bring it forth, saith the Lord of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof.

Consume, to eat away, to destroy is the curse of the house it enter into. This is seen in the guilty woman who drinks the “bitter water”. But there is another outcome there in that weird ritual of the woman drinking of the bitter water
(Numbers 5:18-29)... And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. [23] And the priest shall write these curses in a book, and he shall blot them out with the bitter water: [24] And he shall cause the woman to drink the bitter water that causeth the curse: and the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter. [25] Then the priest shall take the jealousy offering out of the woman's hand, and shall wave the offering before the Lord, and offer it upon the altar: [26] And the priest shall take an handful of the offering, even the memorial thereof, and burn it upon the altar, and afterward shall cause the woman to drink the water. [27] And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people. [28]

And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed. [29] This is the law of jealousies, when a wife goeth aside to another instead of her husband, and is defiled;
SHE shall be free, and shall conceive seed. And bring forth. Galatians 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Galatians 4:31So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

concerning the curse that enters and eats and consume and destroyed the house it enters. God promised to “rebuke the devourer” that the devourer not destroy, eat, consume the fruits of the vine. As Christ said “abide in Me” apart from Me you can do nothing for I am the vine.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the OT the curse, the “flying roll” entered “and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof” Zechariah 5:3-4 Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it. [4] I will bring it forth, saith the Lord of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof.

Consume, to eat away, to destroy is the curse of the house it enter into. This is seen in the guilty woman who drinks the “bitter water”. But there is another outcome there in that weird ritual of the woman drinking of the bitter water
(Numbers 5:18-29)... And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. [23] And the priest shall write these curses in a book, and he shall blot them out with the bitter water: [24] And he shall cause the woman to drink the bitter water that causeth the curse: and the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter. [25] Then the priest shall take the jealousy offering out of the woman's hand, and shall wave the offering before the Lord, and offer it upon the altar: [26] And the priest shall take an handful of the offering, even the memorial thereof, and burn it upon the altar, and afterward shall cause the woman to drink the water. [27] And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people. [28]

And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed. [29] This is the law of jealousies, when a wife goeth aside to another instead of her husband, and is defiled;
SHE shall be free, and shall conceive seed. And bring forth. Galatians 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Galatians 4:31So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

concerning the curse that enters and ears and consume and destroyed the house. God promised to “rebuke the devourer” that the devourer not destroy, eat, consume the fruits of the vine. As Christ said “abide in Me” apart from Me you can do nothing for I am the vine.

Man..you are fast! ;) I was thinking of adding in the flying scroll from Zechariah...but thought to make it's own thread.

But the result of the curse is the bitter given to they who STEAL the sweet from the bible and give a false swearing (seven times-ing) as to their allegiance.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man..you are fast! ;) I was thinking of adding in the flying scroll from Zechariah...but thought to make it's own thread.

But the result of the curse is the bitter given to they who STEAL the sweet from the bible and give a false swearing (seven times-ing) as to their allegiance.

Jeremiah 23:30 Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord, that steal my words every one from his neighbour.

That has always been a scary one in “thou shall not steal from your neighbour”

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

SHE shall be free, and shall conceive seed. And bring forth

The husband here is Jesus and the woman is us....the potential Bride...or not.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The husband here is Jesus and the woman is us....the potential Bride...or not.

that was always a creepy one for me. As in asking God why such a seemingly ritualistic thing. Yes, the husband but also does He not take her place and drink of the curse that she may be clean and free and conceive seed. Maybe the first place I ever saw His profound love. In none apart from Him could kneel and drink and be pronounced clean and free. Then “follow Me”...

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
that was always a creepy one for me. As in asking God why such a seemingly ritualistic thing. Yes, the husband but also does He not take her place and drink of the curse that she may be clean and free and conceive seed. Maybe the first place I ever saw His profound love. In none apart from Him could kneel and drink and be pronounced clean and free. Then “follow Me”...

If we go to Him He will give us His Comforter that turns the bitter to sweet. We need not comfort ourselves lest we become adulterous in so doing. Our comfort must come from Him alone.

We are not to try avoiding the bitter...but rather to face it with Him.

We take on the hard verses of the bible and beat our chests where they fit. God forgives the humble and gives grace to these.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Have to get off here. A few thoughts concerning his coming as a thief and not knowing the hour. And the fly roll enters into a house and consumes till it falls. And great was its fall. It is bitter in the curse destroys, eats, consumes but there is Hope, yeah, in the bitter made sweet:
2 Corinthians 5:1-4 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. [2] For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: [3] If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. [4] For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

“An house not made with hands” where the curse does not enter and eat and consume and destroy...as He said where no thief can approach and no moth can consume.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Have to get off here. A few thoughts concerning his coming as a thief and not knowing the hour. And the fly roll enters into a house and consumes till it falls. And great was its fall. It is bitter in the curse destroys, eats, consumes but there is Hope, yeah, in the bitter made sweet:
2 Corinthians 5:1-4 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. [2] For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: [3] If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. [4] For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

“An house not made with hands” where the curse does not enter and eat and consume and destroy...as He said where no thief can approach and no moth can consume.

So then we strive to enter into that rest. And the struggle is bitter indeed. :)