The Little Book in Rev. 10

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not to try avoiding the bitter...but rather to face it with Him.

We take on the hard verses of the bible and beat our chests where they fit. God forgives the humble and gives grace to these.
Exactly ... “we are not trying to avoid the bitter...but rather to face it with Him.”
James 1:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; [3] Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. [4] But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that was always a creepy one for me. As in asking God why such a seemingly ritualistic thing.

Hmm...it doesn't seem creepy to me. The temple must be built to the exact specifications and the law is spirit. I guess it could seem creepy to me if I forgot it was spirit.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm...it doesn't seem creepy to me. The temple must be built to the exact specifications and the law is spirit. I guess it could seem creepy to me if I forgot it was spirit.

Understood, but at the time that wasn’t how I was seeing it. it frightened me and made me question if I really wanted to know God.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good study and exploration you guys! :) And the very prophetic nature of the OP seems to keep the buzzards away! :)

thank you as you have helped bring clarity to a few verses:
Proverbs 23:7-8 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee. [8] The morsel which thou hast eaten shalt thou vomit up, and lose thy sweet words.

Proverbs 25:16 Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it.

Proverbs 9:14-18 For she sitteth at the door of her house, on a seat in the high places of the city, [15] To call passengers who go right on their ways: [16] Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: and as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him, [17] Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant. But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The little book is the written word.

The sea is the spirit, and the land is the world; and He who has a foot on both, is Christ.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Base, I'm in a bit of wonderment at your two dimensional abyss. It's really got my mind revving. I don't know if I can catch any of these thoughts racing around so fast...one dimension - God and His creation, 2nd dimension - out of His presence, 3rd dimension - a place where both of the previous two dimensions are, simultaneously.

For an artist, its interesting because...the only thing that makes an object 3 dimensional is light And darkness. If an artist wants to portray an apple, they do not draw a round circle and say its an Apple. They draw light and shadow/darkness. If one of these elements of light or darkness is gone, you cannot render a three dimensional Apple. You simply draw the effects of the light and the effects of where the light does not hit. Not quite that simple because you are also portraying even bounce back light from objects around the apple, like the light bounced off the table the apple is on. But the point is, without portraying the shadow/place the light is not hitting, you will only have a circle, rather than a sphere.

Running on here, but...the third dimension is BOTH light and darkness.

1st dimension - only light.
2nd dimension - only darkness.
3rd dimension - both light and darkness.
The truth revealed by contrast.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sea is the spirit, and the land is the world; and He who has a foot on both, is Christ.

that is kind of broad? Isaiah 60:5 Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.

2 Corinthians 6:11 O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.

The abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces o the gentiles shall come unto thee. Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
“The sea is the spirit” then why does the abundance of the sea need to be converted? as in Luke 22:31-32 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: [32] But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

A drive-by post with speculation but no foundation. Read the entire thread and all the verses and you will see that you are far off as can be.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is kind of broad? Isaiah 60:5 Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.

2 Corinthians 6:11 O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.

The abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces o the gentiles shall come unto thee. Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
“The sea is the spirit” then why does the abundance of the sea need to be converted? as in Luke 22:31-32 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: [32] But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
All of that language simply means when the fullness is complete.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK...so I copied this post from another thread (dialectic) to continue with this important subject..

The Little Book:

This could be a thread in and of itself. But the chapter is so important to understand why we need to remain in the whole counsel of God.

Revelation 10

"1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,"

The mighty angel is said to be standing astride both land and sea. This speaks of the proper balance between what is known and what is unknown...or order and chaos. In the Hebrew mindset the sea, or water means chaos. We can't see within the sea so it is the unknown. We are land creatures so then the land is known.

"3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.
4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.
5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:"

We have been given time to get things straight. But many people will resist the truth till the end.

"7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound
, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets."

The mystery of God is hidden from they who have not sought Him diligently. These will be fooled into an ideology that is one-sided...according to what is known and familiar...thereby leaving the mystery of God untouched. For these....He remains the unknown God...as in...depart, I never knew you.

God has set His trap and sent strong delusion that men who aren't careful may believe a lie. And these will not repent no matter how strongly you try to make them understand.

"8 And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings."

The small book is the shortened gospel that contains only the "sweet" parts that religious self-interest has any desire for. The book is small because there are so few verses that are agreed upon by these. Anything that sounds bitter will have been discarded. So their bible is indeed much smaller than the whole counsel of God. They take the sweet and discard the bitter as being for other people.

If we don't take the bitter with the sweet now...then we will experience the bitter in eternity.

An interesting and a tougher area of scripture to grasp....Anyway, here's my quick rendition and explanation for Rev 10:1-11...different than yours although it might be edifying to you and others...the words of YHWH alway provides me with new discovered truths...yes, it is sweet at first indeed and sometimes not so sweet when the words are truly realized and understood. I felt this fortunately more when I was younger in Christ...to be expected I would say.

Verse 1-11
Essentially, and in short, these verses image a picture of an angelic messenger representing the authority and power of the throne of YHWH bringing dire news and words of prophecy that John is given and commanded to read. The messenger, not Christ, represents the conquering Christ symbolized by firm and powerful planted fiery feet. It is the sign of complete confidence and inevitability in the message of truth, in what is about to read; to the entire world of those on the land and on, and in the sea.

It is a small scroll in that it is only a portion of the word of YHWH with a specific message. It is now open and ready to be read, and John reads these words. He ingests them carefully and deliberately as drinking the most expensive wine; smelling the aroma with every swig, with great joy and pleasure. Or as eating a meal for a king that he takes time tasting and chewing each part and morsel slowly and with pleasure. You see John does not know the words of YHWH he reads shall become bitter to him until the Spirit affects his spirit with sorrow, when it all sinks in as it were...

So John suddenly realizes and understands after reading the words off the scroll that it makes him feel sick. He feels pain in his heart as a believer in sorrowful pain, as poison in the belly, that what he has just read is the penetrating and naked truth of YHWH, of judgement upon the world, upon all unbelievers. There is no time left as judgments are imminent.

On further reflection, to an unbeliever who reads these same words of YHWH or any other in scripture, he or she would not feel bitterness as John did with these words in these passages. Yes, these unbelievers may be concerned or worried for their own selfish needs with reading these words of judgment and death. Although, they lack the Spirit to feel Christ-like sorrow and pain, empathy and love.

Bless you, and in Christ always

APAK

Reactions: marks

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A drive-by post with speculation but no foundation. Read the entire thread and all the verses and you will see that you are far off as can be.
I said enough to convey the truth, and I also read enough.

The foundation is Christ. Apparently you missed it.

I will explain:

As it is written:

John 21:25
"And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen."

Genesis 1:7
"Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so."

Isaiah 34:1
"Come near, you nations, to hear; And heed, you people! Let the earth hear, and all that is in it, The world and all things that come forth from it."
Isaiah 66:1
"Thus says the Lord: “Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool."

John 3:13
"No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven."

Is it not enough, so far off that you cannot see?

Last edited:

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
So that's what the Waters were...

Genesis 1:2
"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters"

Planet Earth didn't even exist at that point. Neither did our Universe.

Just Chaos... and then eventually... Order.

full

God do not create anything in chaos...The earth became void and without form,for the simple fact that He destroyed it

Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."

Who is that Spirit of God? He is the Holy Spirit, and it is God's Spirit that moved upon the face of the waters.

In the Hebrew translation of the word, "was", as used in this verse "...the earth was without form,..."; in the original text it reads "became without form...". This same mistranslation of the word "became", and turning it into the word "was" is also present in Genesis 2:7. It should read there; "..and man became a living soul."

was
1961 hayah
hayah (haw-yaw); a primitive root [compare OT:1933]; to exist, i.e. be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary):KJV - beacon, altogether, be (-come), accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), do, faint, fall, follow, happen, have, last, pertain, quit (oneself-), require, use.

void
bohuw (bo'-hoo); from an unused root (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, i.e. (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin:
KJV - emptiness, void.
The correct Hebrew translation from the Massoretic Hebrew text for the words, "without form" is "tohu-va bohu" in the Hebrew Strong's dictionary. So we see that the earth was not "created without form", but it "became [tohu] without form and void". Lets go to Strong's Hebrew dictionary, reference number 1961 to verify the word "was", that we read in this verse. "Yahah, haw-yaw; a prime root, to exit; to become, or come to pass." [#1961]

Excerpt from The Companion Bible Appendix 8:

The word "without form" (Hebrew tohu) is used of a subsequent event which, we know not how long after the Creation, befell the primitive creation of Genesis 1:1. It occurs in Genesis 1:2. Deuteronomy 32:10. 1Samuel 12:21 (twice). Job 6:18; 12:24; 26:7. Psalm 107:40. Isaiah 24:10; 29:21; 34:11; 40:17, 23; 41:29; 44:9; 45:18, 19; 49:4; 59:4. Jeremiah 4:23.
The Hebrew bohu, rendered "void", means desolate, and occurs in Genesis 1:2. Isaiah 34:11. Jeremiah 4:23. The two words together occur in Genesis 1:2. Isaiah 34:11. Jeremiah 4:23.

end Companion Bible excerpt
"Tohu" of the earth, then means that total destruction had come to pass upon the earth. The second "was" in the verse is in italics type because there is no verb "to be" in the Hebrew language. One of the problems in translating the Hebrew into English is that the verb, "to be" is not distinguished from the verb, "to become".

At the end of Genesis 1:1 the first earth age ceased to exist in its previous form. God created the earth to be inhabited, and then He destroyed it. There was an entire earth age that existed between verses one and two of Genesis. This first earth age is spoken of in II Peter, Jeremiah, Proverbs, and Jude. We will look into these Scripture passages and try to understand the deeper meaning of our Father's Word.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You have got me completely engrossed in Isaiah 60. I can't even stop reading it. :)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have got me completely engrossed in Isaiah 60. I can't even stop reading it. :)

Thank you. Went back to read it again this morning. So refreshing. Seek first the kingdom of God. It is there, yeah. The entering in. Only God could do all that is there in Isaiah 60. Read a little further and love also “a garment of praise instead of a faint spirit.” Which you mention of Isaiah 60, is worthy of praise for sure!
Isaiah 61:1–3 (LEB): he has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed,
to bind up ⌊the brokenhearted⌋,
to ⌊proclaim⌋ release to the captives
and liberation to those who are bound,
2 to ⌊proclaim⌋ the year of Yahweh’s favor,
and our God’s day of vengeance,
to comfort all those in mourning,
3 to ⌊give⌋ for those in mourning in Zion,
to give them a head wrap instead of ashes,
the oil of joy instead of mourning,
a garment of praise instead of a faint spirit.
And ⌊they will be called⌋ oaks of righteousness,
the planting of Yahweh, to show his glory.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly, I see parts of chapter 60 leading me back to the beginning of Genesis.

Would love to read what He has shared with you leading you back to the beginning of Genesis. Can see it connected as you said back to Genesis but also scarlet threads running through all the Word. A couple for me would be Paul following the example given of Christ (Isaiah 60:5 Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.

How Paul said to Corinthians “our heart is enlarged unto to thee”. Also to Paul “the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far,” Isaiah 60:9 Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the Lord thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.
(tarshish) is an interesting study.

Isaiah 60:8 Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?
To: (Genesis 8:4-13) and of course Christ being at the center of the whole passage as His being the feet. Isaiah 60:13 The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious.

sure there is so much there so I would not laugh or attack you if you are willing to share...

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God do not create anything in chaos...
Apparently, He did...

Luke 16:26 (Douay-Rheims Bible)
"And besides all this, between us and you, there is fixed a great chaos: so that they who would pass from hence to you, cannot, nor from thence come hither"

God created the Dimensional Plane that separated Heaven from Hell.

It's one Dimension higher than the 'Line of Confusion'...

full

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW...

Did I mention that the Little Book is a Genetic Sequence?

Whenever we eat something that was once alive, we are eating DNA.

That is what Jesus was teaching here...

John 6:56
"He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him"

The Blood of Jesus is a special DNA template that we all must be upgraded with.

The opposite is 666...

John 6:66
"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him"

The Mark of the Beast is a Genetic Augmentation to Man's DNA Book of Life.

It is a 'Little Book'.

Come on you guys. Can God make this any more obvious? A Caveman could figure this stuff out.

:rolleyes: