The logic of Trinitarians and Jehovah's Witnesses...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i don't think i can explain it yet not sure if you can understand if i say it like this

For by him were all things created,

he is the firstborn of all creature he is the image of the invisible God

by the genes of christ jesus all creature has been made

by the flesh/image of the son of God every creature has been designed and created

what does angels look like? they probably look like a man right?
was Jesus a created being then?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry i do not believe in trinity
and how would i return when the place is too foreign i can't seem to understand what your beliefs and why you believe it
IOW, you reject the Christian Bible.

Gen 1 God said let US make man in OUR image according to OUR likeness.
Matt 28 ... baptizing them in the Name (singular) of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

janc2

Aug 22, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
IOW, you reject the Christian Bible.

Matt 28 ... baptizing them in the Name (singular) of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
The angels? They are also called son of gods like Adam.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is no recognized version that translates it that way in Johns prologue.
I have just given three examples. How many do you want?

John 1:1
(ASV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(Bishops) In the begynnyng was the worde, & the worde was with God: and that worde was God.

(CEV) In the beginning was the one who is called the Word. The Word was with God and was truly God.

(ERV) Before the world began, the Word was there. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(ESV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(ESV+) R0 R1In the beginning was R2the Word, and R3the Word was with God, and R4the Word was God.

(Geneva) In the beginning was that Word, and that Word was with God, and that Word was God.

(GNB) In the beginning the Word already existed; the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(ISV) In the beginning, the Word existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(KJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(KJV+) InG1722 the beginningG746 wasG2258 theG3588 Word,G3056 andG2532 theG3588 WordG3056 wasG2258 withG4314 God,G2316 andG2532 theG3588 WordG3056 wasG2258 God.G2316

(KJV-1611) In the beginning was the Word, & the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(MKJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(NKJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(NLT) In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(NRSV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(NRSVA) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(TLB) (1-2) Before anything else existed, there was Christ, with God. He has always been alive and is himself God.

(WEB) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(WEBA) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
sorry i do not believe in trinity
and how would i return when the place is too foreign i can't seem to understand what your beliefs and why you believe it
Don't let people confuse you. There is One omnipresent God the same as you and I can be omnipresent on the internet in all the countries in the world, while being One person. We might even identify ourselves by different names. Cooper is my name on the forum, Jesus was God's name on earth.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father, Son and Holy Spirit!
ERROR, what did the Lord Jesus say in Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,"
ARE YOU GOING TO BELIEVE JESUS?

you have two choices, a. believe the Lord Jesus and find out why he said, let "us". make man in "our" image, or
b. you have a contridiction in scriptures. for "he" in Matthews 19:4 is a single person as well as "his" and "him" in Genesis 1:26, who actually made them male and female.

your choice.

PICJAG.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR, what did the Lord Jesus say in Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,"
ARE YOU GOING TO BELIEVE JESUS?
He was referring to God, which includes Himself.
you have two choices, a. believe the Lord Jesus and find out why he said, let "us". make man in "our" image, or
b. you have a contridiction in scriptures. for "he" in Matthews 19:4 is a single person as well as "his" and "him" in Genesis 1:26, who actually made them male and female.

your choice.

PICJAG.
No contradiction whatsoever. Jesus is God the Creator.
Col 1 By Him all things were created.
17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father, Son and Holy Spirit!
God the father in OT, Angel of the Lord, Preincarnate Christ in OT, as is the Spirit of yahweh!
The NT made it crystal clear, but signs were there in OT!

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have just given three examples. How many do you want?

John 1:1
(ASV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(Bishops) In the begynnyng was the worde, & the worde was with God: and that worde was God.

(CEV) In the beginning was the one who is called the Word. The Word was with God and was truly God.

(ERV) Before the world began, the Word was there. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(ESV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(ESV+) R0 R1In the beginning was R2the Word, and R3the Word was with God, and R4the Word was God.

(Geneva) In the beginning was that Word, and that Word was with God, and that Word was God.

(GNB) In the beginning the Word already existed; the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(ISV) In the beginning, the Word existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(KJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(KJV+) InG1722 the beginningG746 wasG2258 theG3588 Word,G3056 andG2532 theG3588 WordG3056 wasG2258 withG4314 God,G2316 andG2532 theG3588 WordG3056 wasG2258 God.G2316

(KJV-1611) In the beginning was the Word, & the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(MKJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(NKJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(NLT) In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(NRSV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(NRSVA) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(TLB) (1-2) Before anything else existed, there was Christ, with God. He has always been alive and is himself God.

(WEB) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(WEBA) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Only the Cult JW "Bible" distorts it!

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh come ON!

If you read verse 14 you will see Jesus is the WORD, and He was there in the beginning.
I kn ow, I was refuting the one here who seems to think Jesus only existed in the mind of God, and had no reality until was born!