The Lord's Day (Rev. 1:10) - Sabbath (7th) or Sunday (1st) or Eschatological day or something else?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Lord's Day (Rev. 1:10) - Sabbath (7th) or Sunday (1st) or Eschatological day or something else?

• A day known only to God, could be any day of the week, month or year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know, I am still studying this one out

• No one knows, nor can ever know, so stop asking about it, it's pointless vanity

• It's the 'eighth day', the coming of the Ogdoad cycles' return

• Everyday, for all days are the Lord's days

• Total voters

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As to the apostles: (John 20:21-23) . .
A better understanding of John 20 above is found in Matthew 16:19 which reads:
"And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven correct translation in Greek.... [shall having been bound in heaven] and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." [shall having been loosed in heaven]].

The prior action, you see, is in heaven! Don't take my word for it, consult someone who speaks authentic Greek.

In fact if Jesus was God what kind of temptation would all the kingdoms of the world be, and why on earth would God bow down to him?

I never said the Father should bow to the Son. In fact, the Bible is full of passages that indicate the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are equal in essence and substance as per Deuteronomy 6:4.

The first word "LORD" is translated "YHWH/JEHOVAH" the same as the second word "LORD." When we study the word "God" in the same verse it is the plural Hebrew word "Elohim" the same as written in Genesis 1:1

If the next verses does not convince you that Jesus is Jehovah God then nothing will!!!

23) And he said unto them, "Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
24) I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe NOT that I AM [the GREAT I AM, God Himself],
ye shall die in your sins.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A better understanding of John 20 above is found in Matthew 16:19 which reads:
"And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven correct translation in Greek.... [shall having been bound in heaven] and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." [shall having been loosed in heaven]].

The prior action, you see, is in heaven! Don't take my word for it, consult someone who speaks authentic Greek.

I never said the Father should bow to the Son. In fact, the Bible is full of passages that indicate the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are equal in essence and substance as per Deuteronomy 6:4.

The first word "LORD" is translated "YHWH/JEHOVAH" the same as the second word "LORD." When we study the word "God" in the same verse it is the plural Hebrew word "Elohim" the same as written in Genesis 1:1

If the next verses does not convince you that Jesus is Jehovah God then nothing will!!!

23) And he said unto them, "Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
24) I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe NOT that I AM [the GREAT I AM, God Himself],
ye shall die in your sins.

To God Be The Glory

Jesus is begotten sir, I know this is an old English term, are you familiar with what it means Jun?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is begotten sir, I know this is an old English term, are you familiar with what it means Jun?

I do know what the word "begotten" means however, not according to your definition but according to God's definition.

Do you know when Psalms 2:7 occurred? When you do then will you know the meaning of the word "begotten."

"I and my Father are one." John 10:30

This has the same idea as Genesis 2:24 which reads:
"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

Obviously, the wife and husband will not become as one but will still remain as two individuals.

Please, don't address me as "sir." We all stand on the same ground with God.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do know what the word "begotten" means however, not according to your definition but according to God's definition.

Do you know when Psalms 2:7 occurred? When you do then will you know the meaning of the word "begotten."

"I and my Father are one." John 10:30

This has the same idea as Genesis 2:24 which reads:
"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

Obviously, the wife and husband will not become as one but will still remain as two individuals.

Please, don't address me as "sir." We all stand on the same ground with God.

To God Be The Glory

I will make a note Jun, but I want to apologize in advance for likely calling you sir in the future. Please remind me if I do it again, we learn from repetition. I think you are understanding the oneness, Gen 2:24 is a great way to understand it. Jesus clearly explained it so it is easily understood at Jn 17:20-22

Begotten simply means offspring. I know of no other definition, nor did Google. Jesus is referred to as being begotten because he was Fathered by Jehovah and is referred to as His son. Were you aware that he was the very first creation, and only creation produced through Jehovah's hands alone? Rev 3:14

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Robert Gwin,

There are three numbers in the Hebrew language:
1) Singular means one.
2) Duo or dual means two or more.
3) Plural means three or more.

While in the English language there are only two numbers:
1) Singular means one.
2) Plural means two or more.

We can see this example already in Genesis 1:1 The word "God" there is the plural Hebrew word [Elohim]. Thus, correctly read: "In the beginning God [they] created ["bara" singular word] the heaven and the earth.

Note in Genesis 1:26-27 the proper nouns are plural: "us" and "our." Yet, verse 27 the proper nouns are singular: "his" and "he"

Did God make a mistake? NEVER! It is our finite minds that cannot comprehend the infinite things of God.

Another example that God allows us to "understand" that there are three distinct persons in the Godhead is in the raising of the Lord Jesus.There are also instances in which the precious doctrine of the Holy Trinity is to be found in the example of the glorious vision of Jehovah the King of Hosts in
Isaiah 6. This deals with God the Father according to Bible scholars. We read: “Mine eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of hosts.” Although Isaiah has seen Jehovah seated upon the throne high and lifted up, the apostle John affirmed in John 12:41 that Isaiah actually beheld Christ. Then Paul declares that the message was given to Isaiah on this occasion after the vision, Isaiah 6:9 were really spoken by the Holy Spirit.Isaiah says it was the Father. John says it was the Son. Paul says it was the Holy Spirit. Who is this ONE JEHOVAH? Well, He is God the Father, God The Son, and God the Holy Spirit blessed Trinity. One, in essence, one in substance, but three distinct and separate persons subsisting in the unity of the Godhead.

Now the same identification is found in
Isaiah 63:7-14 where all three persons in the Godhead are mentioned doing precisely the same thing. It needs to be remembered that the title “the angel or messenger of Jehovah’s presence” is an appellation which identifies God the Son.

Isaiah 63:7-8 it is the LORD that is Jehovah who is seen as the savior of the people of God. In verse 9 we are told it is the messenger of His presence that is God the Son. It was He who led them to the place of tranquil rest. And, yet in verses 13-14 we read that it was the Spirit of God who caused the chosen people to rest.

There can be no doubt that the Hebrew Old Testament
taught the plurality of persons subsisting in the unity of the Godhead. This, of course, is quite reasonable in as much as the same Author wrote both the Old and the New Testaments

Now, again and again, we find the three persons of the Godhead uniting in the mighty work attributed the Deity throughout the New Testament. Our blessed Lord constantly
affirmed that Jehovah was His Father. Yet the inspired Scripture insists that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit. Our dear Savior is the Son of the Highest for He is the Son of God. Indeed without controversy is this mystery of Godliness.

Now we must stand in awe of the fact that God was manifest in the flesh which of course is God the Son, and justified in the Spirit the blessed third person of the Holy Trinity.

Now on the occasion of the baptism of the Lord Jesus by John, we read that the voice of God the Father speaking when God the Holy Spirit, embodied as a dove descended upon God the Son, is not surprising therefore that Jesus should declare to His disciples that they baptize in the name of the Holy Trinity. Having declared that He is sovereign and omnipotent, He says: all power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Jesus commands those whom He has carefully taught to disciple the nations of the earth, baptizing them into the name of the Father, and in the name of the Son, and in the name of the Holy Spirit. God is ONE JEHOVAH! Although He is plainly declared to subsist as three separately identifiable persons. Since there is only one baptism according to
Ephesians 4:5, and since to act in the name of another is to act upon His authority, true baptism is upon the authority of the triune God who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Blessed Trinity, One Jehovah for all eternity. And not only is baptism to be in the name (singular by the way) of the One God (singular) but who subsist in three persons Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

But the Trinity is seen also in the mighty work of Jehovah throughout the New Testament. In
1 Peter 1:2 we see that the saints are elect in accordance with the foreknowledge of God which is based upon His immutable plan. Peter says that election is the work of God the Father, that our sanctification is the work of God the Holy Spirit, that our redemption is through the blood of God the Son.

Our Lord Himself taught Nicodemus that it is God the Holy Spirit who regenerates, God the Son who redeems, and God the Father who reveals His love and grace.

But perhaps the most dramatic declaration of the Trinity lies in the manner in which the Scriptures declares that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit ALIKE raised Jesus from among the dead!

In Acts 13:30 as well as
Romans 6:4, is plainly stated that God the Father resurrected our dear Savior. Christ was raised from among the dead by the glory of the Father, we read. Yet in John 2:19; 10:17,19, we’re specifically taught that the Son raised Himself from among the dead. For it is said, Jesus answered them, ‘destroy the temple and in three days I will raise it up again,’ and He spoke of the temple of His body and He said: I will raise it up.

And again Christ said: ”Therefore doth my Father love me because I lay down my life that I might take it again. No man takes my life from me, I lay it down by myself, I have the power to lay it down, I have the power to take it up again.

Yet the apostle Paul and Peter insist that the Savior was resurrected from among the dead by God the Holy Spirit. Christ has once suffered for sins to be put to death by the flesh made alive by the Holy Spirit. How marvelous is the clarity of the testimony of the word of God? Jehovah is indeed ONE, as perfect unity in essence and substance yet He is three as to persons.

Now God should not be thought of as separate individuals in the sense of Peter, James, and John because Peter, James, and John are not one. They are lacking in absolute unity. There is disagreement among them. There is the difference as to gifts and capabilities, and quality of brains and so forth. They are not equal, they are not one in unity and substance, in essence, and purpose, and so on, as God is indeed one.

So we must not take them as three different persons like Peter, James, and John, for this denies His absolute unity and substance, and essence. On the other hand, to say God is an absolute unity in the sense as of one alone without subsisting as three persons is also heresy according to the Bible.
And so all of us in our hearts today should join in the doxology of the church:

Praise God in whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above ye heavenly host
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost

For our God indeed is ONE GOD and yet we see that the Scriptures teach plainly, although we cannot understand how, the Scriptures teach plainly that God is ONE, He exists in one unity, He subsists in three persons as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. For the Bible teaches indeed that the Father is God. It teaches indeed that the Son is God. It teaches indeed that the Holy Spirit is God. Three persons, distinct, and separate. And yet in the same breath that declares, this God who exists in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit exist as ONE GOD, ONE JEHOVAH for all of eternity!

Concerning addressing me as "sir" don't mind me a bit if you slip now and then, as I think that that is a good trait to possess. In my original language, it is traditional to respect when addressing another person by saying "po" in almost every sentence uttered [equivalent to saying "sir" or "mam" ]. So no need to apologize as I said it in lieu that we stand on the same ground with God.

To God Be The Glory

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Robert Gwin,

There are three numbers in the Hebrew language:
1) Singular means one.
2) Duo or dual means two or more.
3) Plural means three or more.

While in the English language there are only two numbers:
1) Singular means one.
2) Plural means two or more.

We can see this example already in Genesis 1:1 The word "God" there is the plural Hebrew word [Elohim]. Thus, correctly read: "In the beginning God [they] created ["bara" singular word] the heaven and the earth.

Note in Genesis 1:26-27 the proper nouns are plural: "us" and "our." Yet, verse 27 the proper nouns are singular: "his" and "he"

Did God make a mistake? NEVER! It is our finite minds that cannot comprehend the infinite things of God.

Another example that God allows us to "understand" that there are three distinct persons in the Godhead is in the raising of the Lord Jesus.There are also instances in which the precious doctrine of the Holy Trinity is to be found in the example of the glorious vision of Jehovah the King of Hosts in
Isaiah 6. This deals with God the Father according to Bible scholars. We read: “Mine eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of hosts.” Although Isaiah has seen Jehovah seated upon the throne high and lifted up, the apostle John affirmed in John 12:41 that Isaiah actually beheld Christ. Then Paul declares that the message was given to Isaiah on this occasion after the vision, Isaiah 6:9 were really spoken by the Holy Spirit.Isaiah says it was the Father. John says it was the Son. Paul says it was the Holy Spirit. Who is this ONE JEHOVAH? Well, He is God the Father, God The Son, and God the Holy Spirit blessed Trinity. One, in essence, one in substance, but three distinct and separate persons subsisting in the unity of the Godhead.

Now the same identification is found in
Isaiah 63:7-14 where all three persons in the Godhead are mentioned doing precisely the same thing. It needs to be remembered that the title “the angel or messenger of Jehovah’s presence” is an appellation which identifies God the Son.

Isaiah 63:7-8 it is the LORD that is Jehovah who is seen as the savior of the people of God. In verse 9 we are told it is the messenger of His presence that is God the Son. It was He who led them to the place of tranquil rest. And, yet in verses 13-14 we read that it was the Spirit of God who caused the chosen people to rest.

There can be no doubt that the Hebrew Old Testament
taught the plurality of persons subsisting in the unity of the Godhead. This, of course, is quite reasonable in as much as the same Author wrote both the Old and the New Testaments

Now, again and again, we find the three persons of the Godhead uniting in the mighty work attributed the Deity throughout the New Testament. Our blessed Lord constantly
affirmed that Jehovah was His Father. Yet the inspired Scripture insists that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit. Our dear Savior is the Son of the Highest for He is the Son of God. Indeed without controversy is this mystery of Godliness.

Now we must stand in awe of the fact that God was manifest in the flesh which of course is God the Son, and justified in the Spirit the blessed third person of the Holy Trinity.

Now on the occasion of the baptism of the Lord Jesus by John, we read that the voice of God the Father speaking when God the Holy Spirit, embodied as a dove descended upon God the Son, is not surprising therefore that Jesus should declare to His disciples that they baptize in the name of the Holy Trinity. Having declared that He is sovereign and omnipotent, He says: all power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Jesus commands those whom He has carefully taught to disciple the nations of the earth, baptizing them into the name of the Father, and in the name of the Son, and in the name of the Holy Spirit. God is ONE JEHOVAH! Although He is plainly declared to subsist as three separately identifiable persons. Since there is only one baptism according to
Ephesians 4:5, and since to act in the name of another is to act upon His authority, true baptism is upon the authority of the triune God who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Blessed Trinity, One Jehovah for all eternity. And not only is baptism to be in the name (singular by the way) of the One God (singular) but who subsist in three persons Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

But the Trinity is seen also in the mighty work of Jehovah throughout the New Testament. In
1 Peter 1:2 we see that the saints are elect in accordance with the foreknowledge of God which is based upon His immutable plan. Peter says that election is the work of God the Father, that our sanctification is the work of God the Holy Spirit, that our redemption is through the blood of God the Son.

Our Lord Himself taught Nicodemus that it is God the Holy Spirit who regenerates, God the Son who redeems, and God the Father who reveals His love and grace.

But perhaps the most dramatic declaration of the Trinity lies in the manner in which the Scriptures declares that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit ALIKE raised Jesus from among the dead!

In Acts 13:30 as well as
Romans 6:4, is plainly stated that God the Father resurrected our dear Savior. Christ was raised from among the dead by the glory of the Father, we read. Yet in John 2:19; 10:17,19, we’re specifically taught that the Son raised Himself from among the dead. For it is said, Jesus answered them, ‘destroy the temple and in three days I will raise it up again,’ and He spoke of the temple of His body and He said: I will raise it up.

And again Christ said: ”Therefore doth my Father love me because I lay down my life that I might take it again. No man takes my life from me, I lay it down by myself, I have the power to lay it down, I have the power to take it up again.

Yet the apostle Paul and Peter insist that the Savior was resurrected from among the dead by God the Holy Spirit. Christ has once suffered for sins to be put to death by the flesh made alive by the Holy Spirit. How marvelous is the clarity of the testimony of the word of God? Jehovah is indeed ONE, as perfect unity in essence and substance yet He is three as to persons.

Now God should not be thought of as separate individuals in the sense of Peter, James, and John because Peter, James, and John are not one. They are lacking in absolute unity. There is disagreement among them. There is the difference as to gifts and capabilities, and quality of brains and so forth. They are not equal, they are not one in unity and substance, in essence, and purpose, and so on, as God is indeed one.

So we must not take them as three different persons like Peter, James, and John, for this denies His absolute unity and substance, and essence. On the other hand, to say God is an absolute unity in the sense as of one alone without subsisting as three persons is also heresy according to the Bible.
And so all of us in our hearts today should join in the doxology of the church:

Praise God in whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above ye heavenly host
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost

For our God indeed is ONE GOD and yet we see that the Scriptures teach plainly, although we cannot understand how, the Scriptures teach plainly that God is ONE, He exists in one unity, He subsists in three persons as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. For the Bible teaches indeed that the Father is God. It teaches indeed that the Son is God. It teaches indeed that the Holy Spirit is God. Three persons, distinct, and separate. And yet in the same breath that declares, this God who exists in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit exist as ONE GOD, ONE JEHOVAH for all of eternity!

Concerning addressing me as "sir" don't mind me a bit if you slip now and then, as I think that that is a good trait to possess. In my original language, it is traditional to respect when addressing another person by saying "po" in almost every sentence uttered [equivalent to saying "sir" or "mam" ]. So no need to apologize as I said it in lieu that we stand on the same ground with God.

To God Be The Glory

Pluralized for Majesty Jun, Jehovah is God, Jesus is God's son, there is no triune god.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pluralized for Majesty Jun, Jehovah is God, Jesus is God's son, there is no triune god.

Then you will die in your sin of unbelief for denying the deity of the Son of God/Man!!! [John 8:24]

Just as the Old Testament Jews could NOT enter into the promised land because of unbelief [Hebrews 3:17-19].

To God Be The Glory