The Lord's Day (Rev. 1:10) - Sabbath (7th) or Sunday (1st) or Eschatological day or something else?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Lord's Day (Rev. 1:10) - Sabbath (7th) or Sunday (1st) or Eschatological day or something else?

• A day known only to God, could be any day of the week, month or year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know, I am still studying this one out

• No one knows, nor can ever know, so stop asking about it, it's pointless vanity

• It's the 'eighth day', the coming of the Ogdoad cycles' return

• Everyday, for all days are the Lord's days

• Total voters

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(POLL - Multiple Choice allowed, change of choice allowed, and ongoing choice allowed; after voting, then present your evidences in thread response please)

The Lord's Day (Rev. 1:10) - Sabbath (7th) or Sunday (1st) or Eschatological day or something else? The Bible says:

Revelation 1:1 - The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Revelation 1:2 - Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Revelation 1:3 - Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Revelation 1:4 - John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Revelation 1:5 - And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Revelation 1:6 - And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 1:7 - Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Revelation 1:8 - I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 1:9 - I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 1:10 - I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

The answer is in the context, as it always is (Isaiah 8:20, 28:10,13; John 10:35; 2 Peter 1:19-21; Genesis 40:8).

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
https://ia904600.us.archive.org/21/...- The Seventh Day The Sabbath Of The LORD.png

Revelation%201%20Vs%2010%20-%20The%20Lord%27s%20Day%20-%20The%20Seventh%20Day%20The%20Sabbath%20Of%20The%20LORD.png

A deeper study in the Powerpoint:

Revelation 1 Vs 10 The Lord's Day The Seventh Day The Sabbath Of The LORD And Lots Of Extras (Powerpoint) : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the other texts that say ...

Colossians 2:

https://ia804605.us.archive.org/3/i...-image/Colossians 2vs14-16 Nutshell Image.png

Colossians%202vs14-16%20Nutshell%20Image.png

Romans 14:

https://ia904609.us.archive.org/14/items/romans-14_202111/Romans 14.png

Romans 14.png

1 Corinthians 16:2:

https://ia904607.us.archive.org/12/...mage/1 Corinthians 16 Vs 2 Nutshell Image.png

1%20Corinthians%2016%20Vs%202%20Nutshell%20Image.png

Acts 20:7:

https://ia904608.us.archive.org/19/items/acts-20-vs-7-nutshell-image/Acts 20 vs 7 Nutshell Image.png

Acts%2020%20vs%207%20Nutshell%20Image.png

Matthew 11:28:

https://ia804602.us.archive.org/28/...bbath The Rest Of God - The 7th Day Image.png

Matthew%2011%20Vs%2028%20-%20Is%20Jesus%20The%20Sabbath%20Or%20Is%20The%20Sabbath%20The%20Rest%20Of%20God%20-%20The%207th%20Day%20Image.png

Hebrews 4:9:

https://ia804604.us.archive.org/26/...-image/Hebrews 4 Vs 9 - Sabbatismos Image.png

Hebrews%204%20Vs%209%20-%20Sabbatismos%20Image.png

John 5:18:

https://ia803100.us.archive.org/34/...esus 'Broke' The Sabbath - Nutshell Image.png

John%205%20vs%2018%20Jesus%20%27Broke%27%20The%20Sabbath%20-%20Nutshell%20Image.png

Who Was The Sabbath really Made for?

https://ia804600.us.archive.org/9/i...o Was The Sabbath Really Made For - Jesus.png

Who%20Was%20The%20Sabbath%20Really%20Made%20For%20-%20Jesus.png

Pope Sylvester & Melanchthon quotes:

https://ia804602.us.archive.org/17/...pe Sylvester And Melanchthon Quotes Image.png

Pope%20Sylvester%20And%20Melanchthon%20Quotes%20Image.png

LDS sources say?

https://ia804605.us.archive.org/35/... Is The Sabbath - Their Own Sources Image.png

LDS%20-%20The%20Church%20Of%20Jesus%20Christ%20Of%20Latter-day%20Saints%20%28aka-%20Mormons%29%20-%20The%207th%20Day%20Is%20The%20Sabbath%20-%20Their%20Own%20Sources%20Image.png

Sabbath on made for Israel, who is the real Israel?

https://ia804601.us.archive.org/25/items/the-real-israel-jesus/The Real Israel - Jesus.png

The%20Real%20Israel%20-%20Jesus.png

Sabbath Poem:

https://ia804607.us.archive.org/9/i...-online/MS Paint _ Microsoft Paint Online.png

MS%20Paint%20_%20Microsoft%20Paint%20Online.png

Extras, Hebrews 9:12:

https://ia904602.us.archive.org/28/...ews 9 Vs 12 The Holy Place Ta Hagia Image.png

Hebrews%209%20Vs%2012%20The%20Holy%20Place%20Ta%20Hagia%20Image.png

Sabbath of Sabbaths - Day Of Atonement - Investigative Judgment:

https://ia804608.us.archive.org/32/...udgment Antitypical Day Of Atonement 1844.png

Investigative%20Judgment%20Antitypical%20Day%20Of%20Atonement%201844.png

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I voted and presented the evidence that is behind that vote. I hope many more will vote and present their evidence. I would hope that discussion might take place after voting and evidence is presented for that vote. If I, or anyone changes their mind from discussion or study, please update the vote appropriately, and the reasons for the new vote.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:6-8
6 even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you, 7 so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, 8 who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

This is a Semitic parallelism confirming that revelation and day are the same. Therefore what John saw was multiple visions regarding the day of the Lord, and named the book Revelation. The book is about the second coming of Christ and what leads up to the Lord's Day.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Rev. 1:10 the technical term for "the Lord's Day," the day of Christian worship. is "kyriake," which the Gospel of Peter is identified as Easter Sunday. This usage decisively refutes the Adventist Sabbath, because, though the Gospel of Peter is noncanonical, it attests the standard word usage in the late first and early 2nd century. In other words, first century Christians worshiped on Sunday because that was the day Jesus rose from the dead.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:6-8
6 even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you, 7 so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, 8 who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

This is a Semitic parallelism confirming that revelation and day are the same. Therefore what John saw was multiple visions regarding the day of the Lord, and named the book Revelation. The book is about the second coming of Christ and what leads up to the Lord's Day.
Thank you for this parallelism. Hadn't noticed that one before.

1 Cor. 1:6 - καθὼς τὸ μαρτύριον τοῦ Χριστοῦ ἐβεβαιώθη ἐν ὑμῖν

1 Cor. 1:7 - ὥστε ὑμᾶς μὴ ὑστερεῖσθαι ἐν μηδενὶ χαρίσματι ἀπεκδεχομένους τὴν ἀποκάλυψιν τοῦ κυρίου ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ·

1 Cor. 1:8 - ὃς καὶ βεβαιώσει ὑμᾶς ἕως τέλους ἀνεγκλήτους ἐν τῇ ἡμέρᾳ τοῦ κυρίου ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

So, you are correct in part, and in error in part in regards the subject matter of Revelation, and Revelation 1:10's "the Lord's day" (τῇ κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ).

1 Cor. 1:6-8, refers to, linguistically, "the day of the Lord", not "the Lord's day", as shown in the first graphic.

So you are correct about the parallelism, but incorrect as to which day it refers. The language is different, as shown in Isaiah 58:13, as compared to Isaiah 2:12, 13:6,9, 34:8. Even John in Revelation makes the same distinction, between "the Lord's day" (Rev. 1:10; "Lord's": Adjective-Dative-Singular-Feminine, acting as a possessive, see 1 Cor. 11:20, "day": Noun-Dative-Singular-Feminine) and "that great day of God Almighty" (Rev. 16:6, "day": Noun-Genetive-Singular-Feminine and "God Almighty": Noun-Genetive-Singular-Masculine). In 1 Cor. 1:8, "day" is Noun-Dative-Singular-Feminine, and Lord Jesus Christ, is Noun-Genetive-Singular-Masculine.

There is a difference between the Adjective and it's use, and the noun and it's use.

It was also shown, from Revelation 1, that John could not be in the day of the Lord itself while receiving the vision of the day of the Lord, for several reasons, one of which was Jesus' attire, another was Jesus' location, and a third being that John himself was shown not merely the future "coming", but also the present and past. The present and past are not the future "day of the Lord", but instead come before it.

Otherwise thank you for the parallel showing another verse referring to 'the day of the Lord', though it isn't "the Lord's day".

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Rev. 1:10 the technical term for "the Lord's Day," the day of Christian worship. is "kyriake," which the Gospel of Peter is identified as Easter Sunday. This usage decisively refutes the Adventist Sabbath, because, though the Gospel of Peter is noncanonical, it attests the standard word usage in the late first and early 2nd century. In other words, first century Christians worshiped on Sunday because that was the day Jesus rose from the dead.
You are suggesting that a gnostic, "heretical" (condemned by the supposed 'catholic' councils of Carthage and Rome) and decidedly "docetic" (F.F. Bruce) text, which claims that Jesus was carried out of the tomb and followed by a walking ("three men come forth from the tomb, and two of them supporting one, and a cross following them") and talking ("And a response was heard from the cross, Yes.") Cross. Pilate is exonerated in it. - Ante-Nicene Fathers, Vol IX: The Gospel of Peter.: The Gospel According to Peter.

"... Serapion, Bishop of Antioch 190–203, writing to the church at Rhossus, says (Eusebius, H. E., vi., 12, 2): “We, brethren, receive Peter and the other Apostles even as Christ; but the writings that go falsely by their names we, in our experience, reject, knowing that such things as these we never received. When I was with you I supposed you all to be attached to the right faith; and so without going through the gospel put forward under Peter’s name, I said, ‘If this is all that makes your petty quarrel, 1 why then let it be read.’ But now that I have learned from information given me that their mind was lurking in some hole of heresy, I will make a point of coming to you again: so, brethren, expect me speedily. Knowing then, brethren, of what kind of heresy was Marcion—[Here follows a sentence where the text is faulty.]…From others who used this very gospel—I mean from the successors of those who started it, whom we call Docetæ; for most of its ideas are of their school—from them, I say, I borrowed it, and was able to go through it, and to find that most of it belonged to the right teaching of the Saviour, but some things were additions.” From this we learn that a Gospel of Peter was in use in the church of Rhossus in the end of the second century, but that controversy had arisen as to its character, which, on a careful examination, Serapion condemned. ...

... Eusebius (H. E., iii., 3, 2) says: “As to that work, however, which is ascribed to him, called ‘The Acts,’ and ‘The Gospel according to Peter,’ and that called ‘The Preaching and the Revelations of Peter,’ we know nothing of their being handed down as Catholic writings; since neither among the ancient nor the ecclesiastical writers of our own day has there been one that has appealed to testimony taken from them.” And in H. E., iii., 25, 6 sq., he includes the Gospel of Peter among the forged heretical gospels—“those that are adduced by the heretics under the name of the apostles,…of which no one of those writers in the ecclesiastical succession has condescended to make any mention in his works; and, indeed, the character of the style itself is very different from that of the apostles; and the sentiments, and the purport of those things that are advanced in them, deviating as far as possible from sound orthodoxy, evidently proves they are the fictions of heretical men; whence they are not only to be ranked p. 4 among the spurious writings, but are to be rejected as altogether absurd and impious.”Eusebius (H. E., iii., 3, 2) says: “As to that work, however, which is ascribed to him, called ‘The Acts,’ and ‘The Gospel according to Peter,’ and that called ‘The Preaching and the Revelations of Peter,’ we know nothing of their being handed down as Catholic writings; since neither among the ancient nor the ecclesiastical writers of our own day has there been one that has appealed to testimony taken from them.” And in H. E., iii., 25, 6 sq., he includes the Gospel of Peter among the forged heretical gospels—“those that are adduced by the heretics under the name of the apostles,…of which no one of those writers in the ecclesiastical succession has condescended to make any mention in his works; and, indeed, the character of the style itself is very different from that of the apostles; and the sentiments, and the purport of those things that are advanced in them, deviating as far as possible from sound orthodoxy, evidently proves they are the fictions of heretical men; whence they are not only to be ranked p. 4 among the spurious writings, but are to be rejected as altogether absurd and impious.” ..." - Ante-Nicene Fathers, Vol IX: The Gospel of Peter.: Introduction.

See a list of serious discrepancies at that link.

The gnostic work for was for all intents and purposes rejected by all main groups of Christians, though it did hold with a very few specific places. Both Catholics and Protestants, even Vaudois, etc reject that material as being spurious (pseudopigraphical, not written by Peter).

Calling the work non-canonical is simply trying to make it appear as simply outside of accepted scripture, but Dr. Suess' "Cat in the Hat" is just as non-canonical in regards scripture as that false work. Paul even mentions false epistles (2 Thessalonians 2:2) circulating.

How can you judge a canonical book's words (Rev. 1:10) by a gnostic, pseudopigraphical work that is condemned, not held as valid by nearly all that claim Christ, and docetic, containing material entirely contradictory to 4 or 5 true witnesses (Gospels Matthew, Mark, Luke, John & Paul's epistles), written some (at least) 100 yearsish post AD 90 by an unknown author?

You are really going to stick with that as your basis of definition for "the Lord's day" (Rev. 1:10)?

What about where the Bible says, "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." (Isa. 8:20)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(POLL - Multiple Choice allowed, change of choice allowed, and ongoing choice allowed; after voting, then present your evidences in thread response please)

The Lord's Day (Rev. 1:10) - Sabbath (7th) or Sunday (1st) or Eschatological day or something else? The Bible says:

Revelation 1:1 - The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Revelation 1:2 - Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Revelation 1:3 - Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Revelation 1:4 - John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Revelation 1:5 - And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Revelation 1:6 - And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 1:7 - Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Revelation 1:8 - I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 1:9 - I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 1:10 - I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

The answer is in the context, as it always is (Isaiah 8:20, 28:10,13; John 10:35; 2 Peter 1:19-21; Genesis 40:8).

I picked what I believed was the most accurate, but most accurately it is Jehovah's day of vengeance which is called the battle of Armageddon in Scripture Re.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Unless it is a commentary on Revelation 1:10, there is no other literature that refers to "the Lord's Day" as Sunday. It is a complete fabrication. It is used to justify the pagan leadership in Rome forcing Roman Christians obey the priests of Sol Invictus.

The topic of the entire Book of the Revelation is "the Day of YHVH." John was "in the spirit" regarding the Day of YHVH and the end of the age. That is how he had visions. He was in the spirit.

Isaiah 2:12, Isaiah 13:6, Isaiah 13:9, Jeremiah 46:10, Ezekiel 13:5,
Ezekiel 30:3, Joel 1:15, Joel 2:1, Joel 2:11, Joel 2:31, Joel 3:14,
Amos 5:18, Amos 5:20, Obadiah 1:15, Zephaniah 1:7, Zephaniah 1:14, Zechariah 14:1, Malachi 4:5,
Acts 2:20, 1 Corinthians 5:5, 2 Corinthians 1:14, 1 Thessalonians 5:2, 2 Peter 3:10

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Cor. 1:6 - καθὼς τὸ μαρτύριον τοῦ Χριστοῦ ἐβεβαιώθη ἐν ὑμῖν

1 Cor. 1:7 - ὥστε ὑμᾶς μὴ ὑστερεῖσθαι ἐν μηδενὶ χαρίσματι ἀπεκδεχομένους τὴν ἀποκάλυψιν τοῦ κυρίου ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ·

1 Cor. 1:8 - ὃς καὶ βεβαιώσει ὑμᾶς ἕως τέλους ἀνεγκλήτους ἐν τῇ ἡμέρᾳ τοῦ κυρίου ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

So, you are correct in part, and in error in part in regards the subject matter of Revelation, and Revelation 1:10's "the Lord's day" (τῇ κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ).

1 Cor. 1:6-8, refers to, linguistically, "the day of the Lord", not "the Lord's day", as shown in the first graphic.

So you are correct about the parallelism, but incorrect as to which day it refers. The language is different, as shown in Isaiah 58:13, as compared to Isaiah 2:12, 13:6,9, 34:8. Even John in Revelation makes the same distinction, between "the Lord's day" (Rev. 1:10; "Lord's": Adjective-Dative-Singular-Feminine, acting as a possessive, see 1 Cor. 11:20, "day": Noun-Dative-Singular-Feminine) and "that great day of God Almighty" (Rev. 16:6, "day": Noun-Genetive-Singular-Feminine and "God Almighty": Noun-Genetive-Singular-Masculine). In 1 Cor. 1:8, "day" is Noun-Dative-Singular-Feminine, and Lord Jesus Christ, is Noun-Genetive-Singular-Masculine.

There is a difference between the Adjective and it's use, and the noun and it's use.

It was also shown, from Revelation 1, that John could not be in the day of the Lord itself while receiving the vision of the day of the Lord, for several reasons, one of which was Jesus' attire, another was Jesus' location, and a third being that John himself was shown not merely the future "coming", but also the present and past. The present and past are not the future "day of the Lord", but instead come before it.

Otherwise thank you for the parallel showing another verse referring to 'the day of the Lord', though it isn't "the Lord's day".

I must have missed your conclusion. So what do you believe the Book of Revelation is about? If you are trying to equate the Lord's Day to the OT Sabbath, John would have just said Sabbath.

Reactions: Happy Trails

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are suggesting that a gnostic, "heretical" (condemned by the supposed 'catholic' councils of Carthage and Rome) and decidedly "docetic" (F.F. Bruce) text, which claims that Jesus was carried out of the tomb and followed by a walking ("three men come forth from the tomb, and two of them supporting one, and a cross following them") and talking ("And a response was heard from the cross, Yes.") Cross. Pilate is exonerated in it. - Ante-Nicene Fathers, Vol IX: The Gospel of Peter.: The Gospel According to Peter."

You are confusing orthodoxy with attestation of current Greek word usage. Early church scholars often invoke Gnosticism to understand what is going on in the orthodox church. More importantly, the identification in Gospel of Peter of "kyriake" with Easter Sunday is the ONLY extant identification from the time of Revelation.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'll show you another one which will open up your mind to the real meaning of God's grace.

Acts 4:33
And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.

This verse confirms it if you already know that grace is God's power given to us to change our very nature to be like Jesus.

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I picked what I believed was the most accurate, but most accurately it is Jehovah's day of vengeance which is called the battle of Armageddon in Scripture Re.
On that day, is Jesus dressed as a High Priest or as KING of Kings and LORD of Lords?

Did you see the references provided that show the distinction? I cite from the original image:

"The phrase “the Lord’s day” cannot refer to the eschatological “Day of the LORD”:

(1) John was “in the Spirit on the Lord’s day”.

(2) John is not merely shown the future (Revelation 1:7), but also shown the past, present. While Revelation 1:7 does reveal the future Advent of Jesus (Day of the LORD, the final 1,000 years of the Great Cosmic Week of God, whose beginning and ending are separated by Jesus’ 2nd and 3rd Advents (Revelation 20; Isaiah 24, &c.)), it wasn’t yet taking place the day John received the vision (the Lord’s day, the 7th day of the weekly cycle, the sabbath):

Revelation 1:19 - Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

[A.] past – the things which thou hast seen

[B.] present - the things which are

[C.] future - the things which shall be hereafter

(3) Jesus’ actual location in the vision is seen to be “in the midst of the seven candlesticks” (Revelation 1:13). This is the Holy Place of the Heavenly Sanctuary (Tabernacle) above (Psalms 77:13; Hebrews 8:5; 9:23; Revelation 11:19, 15:5), where Jesus still ministered.

(4) In Revelation 1, Jesus is not dressed as KING of Kings and LORD of Lords, as later (Revelation 19:11-16), but is dressed as the great High Priest (Revelation 1:13-15) and ministering among the 7 branch candlestick of Heaven, that more of mankind might be saved by the Everlasting Gospel (Revelation 14:6-12). When Jesus changes garments and comes with the clouds (angels) of Heaven in the fullness of glory, the Gospel is no longer effective, and His ministration therein ceases (Revelation 8:5, 10:7).

(5) Those who incorrectly assume the phrase “the Lord’s day” to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfilment of the yearly typological Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23. Not one Gospel or Epistle calls “the Lord’s day” the “first [day] of the week”.

(6) Consider the language itself, “τηG3588 T-DSF κυριακηG2960 A-DSF ημεραG2250 N-DSF”, as the word "κυριακη" (transliterated "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine., thus used as a 'possessive' ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), and not like the phrase "day of the Lord" (ἡμέρα κυρίου) which is in the genitive masculine (see 2 Peter 3:10, &c; see also so called septuaginta (lxx) uses), which John calls the "great day of God Almighty” (Revelation 16:14). Revelation 1:10 - I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Revelation 1:10 - εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος

Revelation 1:10 - I wasG1096 inG1722 the SpiritG4151 onG1722 theG3588 Lord'sG2960 day,G2250 andG2532 heardG191 behindG3694 meG3450 a greatG3173 voice,G5456 asG5613 of a trumpet,G4536

Revelation 1:10 - εγενομηνG1096 V-2ADI-1S ενG1722 PREP πνευματιG4151 N-DSN ενG1722 PREP τηG3588 T-DSF κυριακηG2960 A-DSF ημεραG2250 N-DSF καιG2532 CONJ ηκουσαG191 V-AAI-1S οπισωG3694 ADV μουG1473 P-1GS φωνηνG5456 N-ASF μεγαληνG3173 A-ASF ωςG5613 ADV σαλπιγγοςG4536 N-GSF

Isaiah 58:13 - "the Lord's holy day", the seventh day of the week, the sabbath of the Lord.

Isaiah 2:12, 13:6,9, 34:8 – “the Day of the LORD”, the final eschatological climaxing day:

Deut. 31:17-18, 1 Sam. 3:12, 8:18, 1 Ki. 22:25, 22:35, 2 Chr. 18:24, 18:34, Job 3:3-4, 21:30, Psa. 110:5, Isa. 2:11-12, 17, 20,3:7, 3:18, 4:1-2, 5:30, 7:18,21,23, 10:20,27,32, 11:10-11,16, 12:1,4, 13:6,9,13, 17:4,7,9, 19:18-19,21, 23-24, 20:6, 22:12,20,25, 23:15, 24:21, 25:9, 26:1, 27:1-2,12-13, 28:5,19, 29:18, 30:23,25, 31:7, 34:8, 52:6, 58:5, 61:2, 63:4, 66:8, Jer. 1:10, 4:9, 25:33, 30:8, 31:6, 39:17, 46:10, 49:22,26, Lam. 1:12, 2:1,21-22, Eze. 7:7,12,19, 13:5, 22:24, 24:27, 27:27, 29:21, 30:3,9,18, 38:14,19, 39:11,22, 48:35, Hos. 1:5,11, 2:16,18,21, 5:9, 9:5 , Joel 1:15, 2:1-2,11, 2:31, 3:14,18, Amos 1:14, 2:16, 3:14, 5:18,20, 8:3,9-10,13, 9:11, Oba. 1:8,15, Mic. 2:4, 3:6, 4:6, 5:10, 7:11-12, Nah. 3:17, Hab. 3:16, Zeph. 1:7,8,9,10,14,15,16,18, 2:2-3, 3:8,11,16, Zech. 2:11, 3:9,10, 9:16, 11:11, 12:3,4,6,8,9,12, 13:1,2,4, 14:1,3, 14:4,6,7,8,9,13,20,21, Mal. 3:2,17, 4:1,3,5, Matt. 7:22, 10:15, 11:22,24, 12:36, 24:36,50, 25:13, Mark 6:11,13:32, Luke 6:23, 10:12, 17:24,30,31, 21:34, John 6:39,40,44,54, 8:56, 11:24, 14:20, 16:23,26, Rom. 2:5,16, 13:12, 1 Cor. 1:8, 3:13, 5:5, 2 Cor. 1:14, Php. 1:6,10, 2:16, 1 Thes. 5:2,4, 2 Thes. 1:10, 2:2,3, 2 Tim. 1:12,18, 4:8, Heb. 10:25, Jam. 5:5, 1 Pet. 2:12, 2 Pet. 2:9, 3:7,10,12, 1 John 4:17, Jude 1:6, and Rev. 6:17, 16:14, 18:8.

In the rest of Isaiah, when he refers, by inspiration of the Holy Ghost, to "the Day of the LORD", it is always in a differing phrase and context. See - Isaiah 2:12, 13:6,9, 34:8.

Others say it like this:

"the day of the LORD”

Jeremiah 46:10
Lamentations 2:22
Ezekiel 13:5, 30:3
Joel 1:15, 2:1,11,31, 3:14
Amos 5:18,20
Obadiah 1:15
Zephaniah 1:7,8,14,18, 2:2,3, 14:1
Malachi 4:5
Acts 2:20
1 Corinthians 5:5
2 Corinthians 1:14
1 Thessalonians 5:2
2 Peter 3:10

"the day of their calamity"
Deuteronomy 32:35

"the day of vengeance"
Proverbs 6:34

"the day of the LORD's anger"

"day of the LORD's vengeance"
Isaiah 34:8

"the day of vengeance of our God"
Isaiah 61:2

"the day of vengeance"
Isaiah 63:4

"the day of the LORD's wrath"
Zephaniah 1:18

"Day of God"
2 Peter 3:12

"great day of God Almighty"
Revelation 16:14

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll show you another one which will open up your mind to the real meaning of God's grace.

Acts 4:33
And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.

This verse confirms it if you already know that grace is God's power given to us to change our very nature to be like Jesus.

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Yes, thank you for those, but let us stay to the subject (Revelation 1:10 KJB). I already understand about God's grace (and am currently living by it) - brother (late) Joe Crews wrote on it a long time ago - Amazing Facts - Pocket Book - Joe Crews - Riches Of Grace : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must have missed your conclusion. So what do you believe the Book of Revelation is about?
It's in the first verse. Also seen in the imagery. The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which he is shown in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks, which represents the church, which is his body, thus showing Christ in us the hope of glory. The Revelation of Christ in us.

If you are trying to equate the Lord's Day to the OT Sabbath, John would have just said Sabbath.
That assumes you know better than the Holy Ghost which inspired John. The seventh day has several names in scripture. "Sabbath", "the seventh day", "my (the Lord's) holy day", "God('s) ... day", "my (God's) rest", "that day approaching" (dualistic), "the holy (day) of the LORD", "a sign", "a perpetual covenant", that which people were to "Remember" (a 'memorial'), "it", etc.

If you will also consider more carefully the chiasm, or parallelism in Revelation 1, you will see that John, under inspiration of the Holy Ghost, is citing in parallel OT texts, including Isaiah 58:13.

Also if you look carefully at John's language in regards "law" and "testimony" throughout Revelation 1 and beyond, the phrase "I was in the Spirit" refers to "testimony" and "in the Lord's day" refer back to God's "law".

All of this was shown in the original image and link provided.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On that day, is Jesus dressed as a High Priest or as KING of Kings and LORD of Lords?

Did you see the references provided that show the distinction? I cite from the original image:

"The phrase “the Lord’s day” cannot refer to the eschatological “Day of the LORD”:

(1) John was “in the Spirit on the Lord’s day”.

(2) John is not merely shown the future (Revelation 1:7), but also shown the past, present. While Revelation 1:7 does reveal the future Advent of Jesus (Day of the LORD, the final 1,000 years of the Great Cosmic Week of God, whose beginning and ending are separated by Jesus’ 2nd and 3rd Advents (Revelation 20; Isaiah 24, &c.)), it wasn’t yet taking place the day John received the vision (the Lord’s day, the 7th day of the weekly cycle, the sabbath):

Revelation 1:19 - Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

[A.] past – the things which thou hast seen

[B.] present - the things which are

[C.] future - the things which shall be hereafter

(3) Jesus’ actual location in the vision is seen to be “in the midst of the seven candlesticks” (Revelation 1:13). This is the Holy Place of the Heavenly Sanctuary (Tabernacle) above (Psalms 77:13; Hebrews 8:5; 9:23; Revelation 11:19, 15:5), where Jesus still ministered.

(4) In Revelation 1, Jesus is not dressed as KING of Kings and LORD of Lords, as later (Revelation 19:11-16), but is dressed as the great High Priest (Revelation 1:13-15) and ministering among the 7 branch candlestick of Heaven, that more of mankind might be saved by the Everlasting Gospel (Revelation 14:6-12). When Jesus changes garments and comes with the clouds (angels) of Heaven in the fullness of glory, the Gospel is no longer effective, and His ministration therein ceases (Revelation 8:5, 10:7).

(5) Those who incorrectly assume the phrase “the Lord’s day” to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfilment of the yearly typological Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23. Not one Gospel or Epistle calls “the Lord’s day” the “first [day] of the week”.

(6) Consider the language itself, “τηG3588 T-DSF κυριακηG2960 A-DSF ημεραG2250 N-DSF”, as the word "κυριακη" (transliterated "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine., thus used as a 'possessive' ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), and not like the phrase "day of the Lord" (ἡμέρα κυρίου) which is in the genitive masculine (see 2 Peter 3:10, &c; see also so called septuaginta (lxx) uses), which John calls the "great day of God Almighty” (Revelation 16:14). Revelation 1:10 - I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Revelation 1:10 - εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος

Revelation 1:10 - I wasG1096 inG1722 the SpiritG4151 onG1722 theG3588 Lord'sG2960 day,G2250 andG2532 heardG191 behindG3694 meG3450 a greatG3173 voice,G5456 asG5613 of a trumpet,G4536

Revelation 1:10 - εγενομηνG1096 V-2ADI-1S ενG1722 PREP πνευματιG4151 N-DSN ενG1722 PREP τηG3588 T-DSF κυριακηG2960 A-DSF ημεραG2250 N-DSF καιG2532 CONJ ηκουσαG191 V-AAI-1S οπισωG3694 ADV μουG1473 P-1GS φωνηνG5456 N-ASF μεγαληνG3173 A-ASF ωςG5613 ADV σαλπιγγοςG4536 N-GSF

Isaiah 58:13 - "the Lord's holy day", the seventh day of the week, the sabbath of the Lord.

Isaiah 2:12, 13:6,9, 34:8 – “the Day of the LORD”, the final eschatological climaxing day:

Deut. 31:17-18, 1 Sam. 3:12, 8:18, 1 Ki. 22:25, 22:35, 2 Chr. 18:24, 18:34, Job 3:3-4, 21:30, Psa. 110:5, Isa. 2:11-12, 17, 20,3:7, 3:18, 4:1-2, 5:30, 7:18,21,23, 10:20,27,32, 11:10-11,16, 12:1,4, 13:6,9,13, 17:4,7,9, 19:18-19,21, 23-24, 20:6, 22:12,20,25, 23:15, 24:21, 25:9, 26:1, 27:1-2,12-13, 28:5,19, 29:18, 30:23,25, 31:7, 34:8, 52:6, 58:5, 61:2, 63:4, 66:8, Jer. 1:10, 4:9, 25:33, 30:8, 31:6, 39:17, 46:10, 49:22,26, Lam. 1:12, 2:1,21-22, Eze. 7:7,12,19, 13:5, 22:24, 24:27, 27:27, 29:21, 30:3,9,18, 38:14,19, 39:11,22, 48:35, Hos. 1:5,11, 2:16,18,21, 5:9, 9:5 , Joel 1:15, 2:1-2,11, 2:31, 3:14,18, Amos 1:14, 2:16, 3:14, 5:18,20, 8:3,9-10,13, 9:11, Oba. 1:8,15, Mic. 2:4, 3:6, 4:6, 5:10, 7:11-12, Nah. 3:17, Hab. 3:16, Zeph. 1:7,8,9,10,14,15,16,18, 2:2-3, 3:8,11,16, Zech. 2:11, 3:9,10, 9:16, 11:11, 12:3,4,6,8,9,12, 13:1,2,4, 14:1,3, 14:4,6,7,8,9,13,20,21, Mal. 3:2,17, 4:1,3,5, Matt. 7:22, 10:15, 11:22,24, 12:36, 24:36,50, 25:13, Mark 6:11,13:32, Luke 6:23, 10:12, 17:24,30,31, 21:34, John 6:39,40,44,54, 8:56, 11:24, 14:20, 16:23,26, Rom. 2:5,16, 13:12, 1 Cor. 1:8, 3:13, 5:5, 2 Cor. 1:14, Php. 1:6,10, 2:16, 1 Thes. 5:2,4, 2 Thes. 1:10, 2:2,3, 2 Tim. 1:12,18, 4:8, Heb. 10:25, Jam. 5:5, 1 Pet. 2:12, 2 Pet. 2:9, 3:7,10,12, 1 John 4:17, Jude 1:6, and Rev. 6:17, 16:14, 18:8.

In the rest of Isaiah, when he refers, by inspiration of the Holy Ghost, to "the Day of the LORD", it is always in a differing phrase and context. See - Isaiah 2:12, 13:6,9, 34:8.

Others say it like this:

"the day of the LORD”

Jeremiah 46:10
Ezekiel 13:5, 30:3
Joel 1:15, 2:1,11,31, 3:14
Amos 5:18,20
Obadiah 1:15
Zephaniah 1:7,8,14,18, 2:2,3, 14:1
Malachi 4:5
Acts 2:20
1 Corinthians 5:5
2 Corinthians 1:14
1 Thessalonians 5:2
2 Peter 3:10

"the day of their calamity"
Deuteronomy 32:35

"the day of vengeance"
Proverbs 6:34

"the day of the LORD's anger"

"day of the LORD's vengeance"
Isaiah 34:8

"the day of vengeance of our God"
Isaiah 61:2

"the day of vengeance"
Isaiah 63:4

"the day of the LORD's wrath"
Zephaniah 1:18

"Day of God"
2 Peter 3:12

"great day of God Almighty"
Revelation 16:14

I picture him on that day as Rev 6:2 portrays him, the King leading his soldiers into battle. 2 Thes 1:6-9