The Manner of Jesus' Return

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barney...
* It was the Word of God, sent forth out from Gods mouth in a body God Prepared.
* That Prepared body was specifically sent to a virgin womb, betrothed to a man of the House of king David.
* The female Mary was expressly told, she would be conceived (pregnant), the child would be a boy, and that boy WOULD BE “CALLED” the Son of God.

Scriptural History tells us WHY.
Scriptural History tells us earthly men were FAILING to BELIEVE what they COULD NOT SEE.
Scriptural History tells us God Promised men on Earth...A Messiah, that they COULD SEE and HEAR.

It was the Son of Man, men could SEE and HEAR, as long as He is IN the Body God Prepared FOR earthly men TO SEE.

It IS the Son of Man, that came to Earth, Left Earth, And SHALL return ... on a Cloud, Above the earth, that ALL SHALL SEE... earthly men on earth, souls beneath the earth, souls in heaven, and all spirits.

It was WHILE the Son of Man was ON Earth, men discovered, HE IS the Son of God, HE IS the Christ, who is Spirit, who is the Power of God, who is the Wisdom of God, who is the Seed of God, who is the Spirit who births again a mans spirit from natural to spiritual.

KNOWING is one thing, SEEING is another thing.
No man has SEEN God, Heard His Voice, Seen His Shape, Seen His Power, Seen His Spirit....Yet (some) men HAVE experienced “THE EFFECTS”, “THE REFLECTION”....of His Word, Power, Spirit, Seed, etc.
(which is exactly from the beginning what made God angry when historical men complained, they needed to see HIM to believe, when God wanted men to SEE the Effects, Reflections, Results, OF Him, as being sufficient to Believe IN Him.)

If Jesus did not Return .... IN the body, as the Son of man....the majority of the World would NOT, could NOT SEE Him. Because the majority OF the world are humans with “limited” human Eye-sight.

A handful SAW/Witnessed the revealing (birth) of Jesus on Earth.
Yet nearly everyone in and of the world Has Heard About Him.
A handful of men SAW/Witnessed Jesus depart From Earth.
Yet nearly everyone in and of the world Has Heard of His intended Return.

Everyone shall See with their own sight, His appearance IN...actually sitting ON a white Cloud....Before He sets foot on Earth.

Glory to God,
Taken
I disagree that people, humans on earth, will see Jesus literally with their literal eyes. At John 14:19 Jesus said the world would not see him again and that's exactly what happened after Jesus was resurrected from the dead. Jesus only appeared to believers after his resurrection, he did not appear to unbelievers. So when Jesus ascended into heaven only believers saw this happen. The whole world did not suddenly stop what they were doing and watched in awe as Jesus ascended into heaven. Jesus left quietly without public display, only believers were even aware this took place at the time it took place, the world as a whole was oblivious that this happened when it happened. This is the manner Jesus left and the angels that appeared to the apostles told them that Jesus would return in the same manner he left. So Jesus second presence will be quiet without any public display, only believers will understand that the second presence of Jesus has begun, when it begins.
When I read the scripture Revelation 1:7 I understand that's Jesus is destroying the wicked nations of mankind here. That's why they're mourning. They will not literally see Jesus but they will see that every nation on the earth is being destroyed so they'll mourn because they will know that they're being destroyed by God. That God sent his Son along with his angels to destroy the wicked.

When Jesus second presence begins he will obey his Father and God command to go subduing in the midst of his enemies. So many things will take place in Jesus second presence before Jesus begins to destroy the wicked that Revelation 1:7 is describing. One of the main things Jesus will do is separate the weeds from the wheat, or the sheep from the goats.

When we're talking about Jesus second presence I know that today the form that Jesus is in, is that he dwells in unapproachable light which no man has seen or can see.(1 Timothy 6:15, 16) Jesus will not lower himself again, he will not lower himself from this form. In this form no human on earth can see him and live. So all humans on earth will not literally see Jesus, because both righteous and unrighteous humans would all die if they did literally see Jesus in this form.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 9:1 KJV
Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord?

Didn't the 11, after Jesus' accension, consider it necessary to be an Apostle that you had seen Christ resurrected?

Much love!
The apostle Paul although an apostle to the nations wasn't an apostle of the 12. So when the 11 we're choosing one to replace Judas who was one of the 12 apostles they wanted the one they chose to measure up to Acts 1:20-22 and yes the one they chose was one who actually measured up to Acts 1:20-22. Am I suppose to believe that because Paul didn't measure up to all of Acts 1:20-22 that he's not an apostle at all because he wasn't there at the beginning when Jesus was baptized. I can understand that he wasn't numbered among the 12_apostles because he didn't measure up to all of Acts 1:20-22, but he was an apostle to the nations even though he wasn't there in the beginning when Jesus was baptized.

At Acts 9:3-5 it says, " Now as he was traveling and getting near Damascus, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him, and he fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him: “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” He asked: “Who are you, Lord?” He said: “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting."

Now you can see from these scriptures that Saul of Tarsus saw a light from heaven flash around him, it doesn't say he actually saw Jesus. So when considering 1 Corinthians 9:1 when Paul said he had seen Jesus I understand that he didn't literally see Jesus, he just saw a light flash around him and heard a voice. When Saul asked who it was, it was then he knew it was Jesus. I can't throw away scriptures like Acts 9:3-5 away that disagree that Saul of Tarsus literally saw Jesus. He only saw a light flash around him that was so bright that it blinded him.
Question, why didn't Jesus appear to Saul of Tarsus literally like he appeared to his apostles? Why was it that Saul of Tarsus only saw a flash of light around him and heard a voice? If Jesus had appeared to Saul of Tarsus like he appeared to his apostles, I could understand someone saying that Saul of Tarsus had seen Jesus, but that's not what happened, why?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK. I think he meant what he wrote though.

Much love!
Yeah, well I believe Acts 9:20-22 should be considered when reading 1Corinthians 9:1 Acts says Paul saw, a light flash around him, and heard a voice, it doesn't say he actually saw a person or a human form or anything like that. I'm not going to ignore Acts 9:20-22

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree that people, humans on earth, will see Jesus literally with their literal eyes. At John 14:19 Jesus said the world would not see him again and that's exactly what happened after Jesus was resurrected from the dead.
John 14:
[19] Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

In context John 14:12 reveals WHY men will see Jesus no more...

John 14:
[12] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Of course men ON earth would not SEE Jesus who has RETURNED to Heaven.
When we're talking about Jesus second presence I know that today the form that Jesus is in, is that he dwells in unapproachable light which no man has seen or can see.(1 Timothy 6:15, 16) Jesus will not lower himself again, he will not lower himself from this form. In this form no human on earth can see him and live. So all humans on earth will not literally see Jesus, because both righteous and unrighteous humans would all die if they did literally see Jesus in this form.

Deep subject, and Yes we disagree.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:
[19] Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

In context John 14:12 reveals WHY men will see Jesus no more...

John 14:
[12] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Of course men ON earth would not SEE Jesus who has RETURNED to Heaven.

Deep subject, and Yes we disagree.
Jesus didn't go into heaven until 40 days after his resurrection. During those 40 days he appeared to his apostles and disciples who were believers, but not once during those 40 days did he appear to a unbeliever. Jesus during those 40 days appeared to his apostles and disciples in what looked like a human form but he did not appear to any unbeliever, like that. So when Jesus said the world wouldn't see him again at John 14:19, that's exactly what happened, no unbeliever saw him. So when Jesus ascended into heaven there were no believers there who saw him ascend into heaven. So anybody saying that the manner of Jesus ascending into heaven, was that the whole world suddenly stopped and looked in awe as Jesus ascended into heaven, will be incorrect for saying so. When Jesus ascended into heaven he left quietly without public display, only believers were aware it happened at The time it happened. The world was completely oblivious that Jesus ascended into heaven at the time he ascended into heaven. Jesus will come back in this same manner because the angels that appeared there to the apostles and disciples told them that Jesus would come back in the same manner he left. So just as Jesus left quietly without any public display, and it was only believers that were aware this had happened when it happened, so it will be in this same manner that will begin his second presence.
The scriptures like Matthew 24:30 and Revelation 1:7 are taking you right to when Armageddon begins. So of course people are going to be mourning and beating themselves with grief they know they're about to be destroyed by God, which means at that time they now know they were in the second presence of Jesus Christ before Armageddon had begun and they didn't realize it, or they didn't believe it when someone told them they were in the second presence of Jesus Christ.

Another thing is this, the form that Jesus is in today, is that he dwells in unapproachable light, which no man has seen or can see. Jesus will not lower himself from this glorious form. He will not lower himself again and take what looks like a human form. So since the form that Jesus is in today is that he dwells in unapproachable light which no man has seen or can see, humans on earth will not literally see Jesus. If any human sees him in the form he is now, all humans on earth would die, both righteous and unrighteous.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genuine Bereans do not use humanistic thinking to contradict Scripture. So what is unreasonable to you is perfectly reasonable to God and Christ.

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. (Rev 1:7)

Also, the Bible does not call the body of Jesus a "spirit body". He already told his apostles after His resurrection that He was NOT a spirit. So the body of Christ is His resurrected body, which is also glorious (radiating light).
Amen those who deny Jesus is still human are still dead in their sins as per Paul in 1 Corinthians 15.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didn't go into heaven until 40 days after his resurrection. During those 40 days he appeared to his apostles and disciples who were believers, but not once during those 40 days did he appear to a unbeliever.

Jesus’ resurrection and appearance to certain people, specifically indicates he appeared to only believers. Not in dispute with you.

The scriptures like Matthew 24:30 and Revelation 1:7 are taking you right to when Armageddon begins. So of course people are going to be mourning and beating themselves with grief they know they're about to be destroyed by God, which means at that time they now know they were in the second presence of Jesus Christ before Armageddon had begun and they didn't realize it, or they didn't believe it when someone told them they were in the second presence of Jesus Christ.

Wrath of the Lamb...Begins Tribulation coming down from Heaven...
Book of Seven Seals...opened one by one....First Seven Plagues.
Agree...men are in the midst of these wraths, unknowing, then realizing it is the effects, of what they had heard would happen, but didn’t believe.

Another thing is this, the form that Jesus is in today, is that he dwells in unapproachable light, which no man has seen or can see. Jesus will not lower himself from this glorious form. He will not lower himself again and take what looks like a human form. So since the form that Jesus is in today is that he dwells in unapproachable light which no man has seen or can see, humans on earth will not literally see Jesus. If any human sees him in the form he is now, all humans on earth would die, both righteous and unrighteous.

Son of Man, came down from Heaven.
While ON Earth, WHO (SPIRIT) He IS was revealed, Not manifest for men’s EYES to see.
Son of Man, Returned to Heaven, AS WHO He IS.
Son of Man, Returns WITH His Power, of WHO He IS.
SEEN, by ALL sitting on a White Cloud.

Every eye...SHALL SEE HIM...Rev 1:7
Every eye...DOES SEE HIM.....Rev 14:14

Rev 1:
[7] Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Rev 14:
[14] And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

Unbelievers, CAN ONLY SEE, Jesus appear in the Body God Prepared in the Likeness AS an earthly men.

The Converted, (their own spirit born again), SHALL SEE BOTH...the likeness as a man, and the Lord God, as He is...SPIRIT.

Rev 14:14, John reveals ... He sees, one LIKE the Son of man, yet we know, John will be also SEEING the Spirit of God.

It IS NOT, either or concerning the Son of Man, the Spirit of God.
It IS, either or concerning what FASHION men SHALL SEE Him.

Men ON Earth, were TOLD, who Jesus IS.
Men ON Earth, could believe what they were TOLD, or not.
All men SHALL SEE His return;
Unbelievers SHALL SEE, the Son of Man.(only, NOT His Spirit)
Converted, SHALL SEE, the Son of Man, AND SEE His Spirit.
ALL will SEE the EFFECTS of His POWER.
Unbelievers will Tremble.
Converted shall not be EFFECTED by any Negative wrath of His Power.

Luke 21:
[27] And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Gory to God,

Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristisGod

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BARNEY BRIGHT ,

I find the majority of Bible disagreements between myself and others are due to this very thing. There will be a verse somewhere that tells us something, and I'll hold to it's direct meaning, like this, and other will not. So in this case, Paul said he's seen Jesus Christ, I therefore think he had, and you for your reasons thinks that he did not.

Yet he said that he did. The other passage, while not naming it as having happened at that time, the other passage does not negate this one, at least to me.

Much love!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus’ resurrection and appearance to certain people, specifically indicates he appeared to only believers. Not in dispute with you.

Wrath of the Lamb...Begins Tribulation coming down from Heaven...
Book of Seven Seals...opened one by one....First Seven Plagues.
Agree...men are in the midst of these wraths, unknowing, then realizing it is the effects, of what they had heard would happen, but didn’t believe.

Son of Man, came down from Heaven.
While ON Earth, WHO (SPIRIT) He IS was revealed, Not manifest for men’s EYES to see.
Son of Man, Returned to Heaven, AS WHO He IS.
Son of Man, Returns WITH His Power, of WHO He IS.
SEEN, by ALL sitting on a White Cloud.

Every eye...SHALL SEE HIM...Rev 1:7
Every eye...DOES SEE HIM.....Rev 14:14

Rev 1:
[7] Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Rev 14:
[14] And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

Unbelievers, CAN ONLY SEE, Jesus appear in the Body God Prepared in the Likeness AS an earthly men.

The Converted, (their own spirit born again), SHALL SEE BOTH...the likeness as a man, and the Lord God, as He is...SPIRIT.

Rev 14:14, John reveals ... He sees, one LIKE the Son of man, yet we know, John will be also SEEING the Spirit of God.

It IS NOT, either or concerning the Son of Man, the Spirit of God.
It IS, either or concerning what FASHION men SHALL SEE Him.

Men ON Earth, were TOLD, who Jesus IS.
Men ON Earth, could believe what they were TOLD, or not.
All men SHALL SEE His return;
Unbelievers SHALL SEE, the Son of Man.(only, NOT Hid Spirit)
Converted, SHALL SEE, the Son of Man, AND SEE His Spirit.
ALL will SEE the EFFECTS of His POWER.
Unbelievers will Tremble.
Converted shall not be EFFECTED by any Negative wrath of His Power.

Luke 21:
[27] And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Gory to God,

Taken
I believe the scripture at John 14:19 that the world will not literally see Jesus again. So when Jesus second presence begins the world will be oblivious that it has begun when it does begin. As I said the scriptures show he never appeared to unbelievers after his resurrection. So when Jesus ascended into heaven it wasn't some public display of the whole world watching him ascend into heaven. Only believers saw Jesus ascend into heaven. Only believers will know that Jesus second presence has begun. The majority of the world will not know that they have been living in the second presence of Jesus until Armageddon begins. Then when Armageddon begins they will beat their chests in grief and nations will mourn because they'll know they're being destroyed by God and so have been in the second presence of Jesus all along but just didn't believe it. They will not literally see Jesus coming on the clouds, because Jesus said at John 14:19 the world will not see him again, and after his resurrection the world of unbelievers didn't see him only believers did. Also today the form that Jesus is in today is that he dwells in unapproachable light that no man has seen or can see. Jesus will not lower himself to a fleshly being again. Jesus will always be in his unapproachable light and any humans righteous or unrighteous that see him in this form will all die.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the scripture at John 14:19 that the world will not literally see Jesus again.

Again...ALL will see, per Scripture.
ALL are not, will not, be Converted or able to SEE Him as He is; Spirit.
It is expressly the Son of man whom ALL will SEE.
It is expressly the Son of man AND the Spirit of God, the Converted will SEE.

ALL will bow and worship Him.
God declared it.
It shall come to pass.
Again the division...with and in Him...shall see Him as He is; Spirit.
Again the division...mortals “without Him”...shall see Him as; a man.

So when Jesus second presence begins the world will be oblivious that it has begun when it does begin. As I said the scriptures show he never appeared to unbelievers after his resurrection. So when Jesus ascended into heaven it wasn't some public display of the whole world watching him ascend into heaven. Only believers saw Jesus ascend into heaven.

No need to repeat. Not in dispute.

Only believers will know that Jesus second presence has begun.

The Converted certainly shall know, when Tribulation comes down from Heaven....Like their Lord, who is not Yet Present ON Earth, neither are the Converted.

Believers (not converted) likely will quickly recognize what is happening on earth....and unbelievers (first Jews, then all the tribes, then all the world)...will be told, the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The majority of the world will not know that they have been living in the second presence of Jesus until Armageddon begins.

Not in dispute.

Then when Armageddon begins they will beat their chests in grief and nations will mourn because they'll know they're being destroyed by God and so have been in the second presence of Jesus all along but just didn't believe it.

Yep, yep, anger and duress, watching their prized cities, building, statutes, etc. fall in destruction.

They will not literally see Jesus coming on the clouds, because Jesus said at John 14:19 the world will not see him again, and after his resurrection the world of unbelievers didn't see him only believers did. Also today the form that Jesus is in today is that he dwells in unapproachable light that no man has seen or can see. Jesus will not lower himself to a fleshly being again. Jesus will always be in his unapproachable light and any humans righteous or unrighteous that see him in this form will all die.

He told them beforehand....once He ascended the world would not see Him...
AND...they haven’t. Men have been occupying the Earth for 2,000+ years without SEEING Jesus, because He returned to Heaven.

You are proposing men occupying the Earth, WILL NOT SEE HIM when He returns to Earth....yet scripture says...EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM.
(Above the earth, on the earth, in the earth.)

Every eye, includes....unbelievers, who can ONLY see Himas a man.
Every eye, includes....the converted, who can SEE Him as He IS, Spirit.

Rev 7:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because you and other people who are imperfect people Just like everyone else, and says the watchtower is putting what they say above scripture, that doesn't mean it's true. Any other imperfect person like you can say they think you believe you're infallible in what you're saying and you're putting your belief above the word of God. It's easy to say things like that. It's called a intimidation tactic. Trying intimidate someone to believe your way. instead of just disagreeing with you. just as easily say you're doesn't mean when you say that the watchtower
Well Twicew Jesus said every ethnios and tribe would visually see HIm- and teh Watchtower denies it- makes them a liar or intentional deciever.

I will take what Jesus said over the men who rule that man made organization (or any organization) all the time.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well there at Revelation 1:7 which says that they also which pierced him will see him, you're saying those that pierced Jesus will literally see him, wasn't that a Roman soldier that pierced Jesus side with a spear? That soldier and all Roman soldiers are long dead. So how are those that pierced Jesus literally going to see Jesus?
Well if that was teh only passage that would pose an insurmountable problem. but as it is a quote from another part of Gods INspired
Word we know it is talking about the Jewish people! But that requires reading teh whole bible and thinking on that first instead of what some man made organization reinterprets it to mean.
Also, regarding Matthew 24:30 at Matthew 24:15 Jesus had just referred to the prophet Daniel, and from the expressions he now used with reference to the “sign,” there is no doubt that Jesus was referring back to the prophetic vision recorded at Daniel 7:13, 14.
What is shown to be taking place here when Jesus referred to at Daniel 7:13, 14 as “the sign of the Son of man” isn't it, the act of God’s Son in receiving authority from his Sovereign Father to rule in an everlasting kingdom? This event brought the establishment or “birth” of his kingly rule. (See also Revelation 12:1, 2, 5, 10) I Do not fail to note, that this event takes place, not in the skies of earth’s atmosphere, but in the invisible heavens of YHWH God’s presence.
This is just useless word salad.

Mt. 24:15 Jesus gave a warning when one sees the AOD stand in the Holy of Holies!

Wrong - it is the sign of Jesus returning ot earth.

The Watchtowers definition is th e warning about false prophets who say: 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

anyone who can possibly say this is not the visible return of Jesus- is one who has been woefully indoctrinated in false doctrine.
So a good question to ask is, why, then did Jesus say the sign would “appear” in heaven and that all the tribes of the earth would “see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory”? Is that not to be expected in view of the statement made at Revelation 1: 7?
As I said, a helpful comment in this regard is found in A Greek-English Lexicon by Liddell and Scott, and this Lexicon has nothing to do with the watchtower Ronald Nolette. Anyway this lexicon says concerning the Greek word for “see” used at Matthew 24:30 and Revelation 1:7 (Volume 2, page 1245a) one of the meanings in that list of meanings is, “Metaphorically, of mental sight, to discern, perceive. So this lexicon says regarding the Greek word, "opotanomai" one of the meanings of the list of meanings of this Greek word is, metaphorical which means, perceive or discern
WEll doubt you own Liddel and Scotts Greek lexicon. So you probably read this from watchtower sources, and I call BS on it.

And you are wrong. the word Opthomai and its derivatives are for visual sight alone. when one sees(discerns) there are other Greek words used. they have lied to you. If you choose not to believe me, you can either download the PDF og Liddel and Scott or buy the 10 volume set yourself for over $200 and look it up yourself.

Reactions: ChristisGod

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Twicew Jesus said every ethnios and tribe would visually see HIm- and teh Watchtower denies it- makes them a liar or intentional deciever.

I will take what Jesus said over the men who rule that man made organization (or any organization) all the time.
I understand what you believe, but I'm not going to ignore scriptures at John 14:19 and everything that's said in Revelation 1:7 and 1 Timothy 6:15, 16. You also want me to ignore the manner in which Jesus ascended to heaven. Jesus didn't ascend to heaven with the whole world watching. In other words every eye of every tribe didn't literally see Jesus ascend to heaven. Only believers saw this happen. The world was oblivious that this happened at the time it happened. You want me to ignore all this, even though the angels said Jesus would come back in the manner he left. You can call me whatever you want but I'm not going to ignore the things that are said in scripture just because you and others think I should.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe what Jesus said at John 14:19 and what the two angels said at Acts 1:10, 11. Also I know that the form that Jesus is in today is told to us at 1 Timothy 6:15, 16. If Jesus came to humans on earth in this form he would destroy all humans on earth, both righteous and unrighteous. Jesus will never again lower himself. So if Jesus comes to earth in another form other than the form that 1 Timothy 6: 15, 16 tells us he's in, then he would be lowering himself again. So no, the world will not literally see Jesus. He said that his second presence would be as the days of Noah. Well the world during Noah's day didn't see God at anytime during Noah's day. The world of that time scoffed at what Noah was saying was going to happen. They didn't believe him until the flood actually started, then they believed not before. People are only going to see Armageddon happening, then they will see, not with their literal eyes, but with their eyes of understanding that God has sent his only begotten Son to destroy the unrighteous. Every nation will mourn and people will be beating their chests in grief knowing that God is destroying them by his only begotten Son Jesus Christ.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe what Jesus said at John 14:19 and what the two angels said at Acts 1:10, 11. Also I know that the form that Jesus is in today is told to us at 1 Timothy 6:15, 16. If Jesus came to humans on earth in this form he would destroy all humans on earth, both righteous and unrighteous. Jesus will never again lower himself. So if Jesus comes to earth in another form other than the form that 1 Timothy 6: 15, 16 tells us he's in, then he would be lowering himself again. So no, the world will not literally see Jesus. He said that his second presence would be as the days of Noah. Well the world during Noah's day didn't see God at anytime during Noah's day. The world of that time scoffed at what Noah was saying was going to happen. They didn't believe him until the flood actually started, then they believed not before. People are only going to see Armageddon happening, then they will see, not with their literal eyes, but with their eyes of understanding that God has sent his only begotten Son to destroy the unrighteous. Every nation will mourn and people will be beating their chests in grief knowing that God is destroying them by his only begotten Son Jesus Christ.
God is destroying them???

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is destroying them???
Today God is working through his only begotten Son. So God is using his only begotten Son to destroy the unrighteous. Jesus who is God's only begotten Son has always done his Father and God's will so although it's Jesus destroying the unrighteous it's God's will and purpose for this to be done, so yes, God is destroying the unrighteous when he's using his only begotten Son and the angels to do this.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Jesus will not be mortal again.
I will not waste the time to tell you your acceptance of the Watchtower lie of what John 14 means is garbage.
but like Jesus said in Matt. 24:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

All the nations will mourn and see the son of man coming!

Also in Rev. 1:

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

But because you accept what the Watchtower says as infallible above the bible, you cannot see the contradiction you stand in.

Now go and learn the difference in teh word see which in the original Greek , John is "thereo" and Matt and REv. is "opotanomai".
Ronald, you quoted the scripture above which says, "the sign" is "in heaven." Why are you not also saying "the sign" is "in heaven?"

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today God is working through his only begotten Son. So God is using his only begotten Son to destroy the unrighteous. Jesus who is God's only begotten Son has always done his Father and God's will so although it's Jesus destroying the unrighteous it's God's will and purpose for this to be done, so yes, God is destroying the unrighteous when he's using his only begotten Son and the angels to do this.
God is destroying the unrighteous? Guess who's running this world.