The Manner of Jesus' Return

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it's called reasoning on the scriptures. It's something God's servants do, don't you think? I mean you know as well as I do that in the scriptures Jesus talked about Gehenna. Many Bible translations have translated this Greek word as Hell, Hellfire, or fires of Hell. These translators of the Bible looked upon the Greek word Gehenna as a place where unrighteous Souls went to after a human dies, because these translators believed humans have Souls, not that humans are Souls as the scriptures teach. So this Greek word Gehenna being believed to be a place by these translators, translated Gehenna as Hell, Hellfire, or fires of Hell, but these translations are inaccurate translations of the Greek word Gehenna.
When Jesus taught about Gehenna, he was using an actual place that existed outside the walls of Jerusalem. He was using this actual place, not to teach people that all Souls from all over the planet went to this actual place outside the walls of Jerusalem, but to teach people about an eternal condition that would happen to people that God judges unworthy of eternal life.
Gehenna was a place, that at one time when the Jews fell into false worship, some children were sacrificed by fire to false God's. By the time Jesus was on the world during his ministry the place called Gehenna had become a garbage dump that they kept burning with fire using sulfur and brimstone. Whenever a Jew had been tried for breaking the law covenant and was judged unworthy of being put in a memorial tomb, after the death sentence had been carried out upon that person, the dead body or corpse was thrown into this garbage dump to be cremated. Whatever dead body that wasn't destroyed by the fire would be eaten up by the maggots that lived in this garbage dump. So the Greek word Gehenna is represented as a condition of a person, that God judges unworthy of eternal life. This means fire represents eternal destruction. So when a person dies and God judges a person not deserving a resurrection this person has been judged unworthy to exist as a living person ever again. That person is completely annihilated from existence for eternity. So when God uses fire to destroy the weeds or chaff they're destroyed out of existence as living persons for eternity. Now will God use literal fire to destroy the unrighteous, weeds, or chaff during Armageddon, I don't know, but however God destroys the unrighteous, weeds, or chaff the scriptures using fire as symbolism teaches us that this destruction is an eternal destruction. These people will never exist again they're destroyed out of existence as living persons, forever.
I think you're speaking for Kingdgom Hall, not for God of the Bible.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has never promised eternal life or everlasting life for the unrighteous. It's those that love God and exercise faith that are the ones that get everlasting life. The unrighteous, those who don't love God and don't exercise faith in him they will suffer eternal destruction, eternal punishment, that eternal destruction or eternal punishment means they never existing as a living person again for eternity. Anyone who says God will allow the unrighteous to exist as living persons for eternity, are not being accurate. Eternal life or everlasting life, means a person will exist as a living person for eternity whether it be in heaven or on earth. Everlasting fire represents, eternal punishment, eternal destruction, so those judged by God for everlasting fire are destroyed forever as living persons.They will not exist as living persons ever again.
Why are you evading the Scriptures?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not evading scripture. Nowhere in scripture does it say the unrighteous will get everlasting life. That means those God judges as the unrighteous will be unworthy to live. They will experience eternal death. For eternity they will never exist as living perons.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not twisting nothing just because you say so. Like I said the scriptures say that two angels said that Jesus would come back in the same manner he left. You obviously want people to believe that the manner that Jesus left is that the whole world suddenly stopped and looked with awe as Jesus ascended into heaven, but that's not the manner that he left. He left not with such a public display, but he left quietly only believers were aware that he ascended into heaven at the time it happened. That's the truth that's not twisting anything.
Well the bible teaches that every eye will see him- not brain discern Him. Once again you twist teh SCriptures. the angels told the apostles He would return physically and visibly for that is how he left!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the bible teaches that every eye will see him- not brain discern Him. Once again you twist teh SCriptures. the angels told the apostles He would return physically and visibly for that is how he left!
Ronald, that's not a reasonable argument.

The only way that "every eye will see Him" would even be possible as a world event, is if Jesus returned every day in all of history, or if everyone who had ever lived were resurrected in mounds of bodies all over the world...which in both cases He would have to then also circle the earth in glowing glory--not for a day, but for many days (and the blind would be left out).

Alternatively, such an event being an act of God would rightfully be in the presence of God who is spirit and [in heaven] where it could spiritually be seen by all who have ever lived--"in the twinkling of an eye." Which, of course, is why it is written as, "coming with the clouds of heaven.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not evading scripture. Nowhere in scripture does it say the unrighteous will get everlasting life. That means those God judges as the unrighteous will be unworthy to live. They will experience eternal death. For eternity they will never exist as living perons.
No Scripture? Of course not. You don't have any. Ever read what Jesus said about "EVERLASTING fire"?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I'm not, you simply don't want to accept the fact that John was told Revelation in signs, so a lot of Revelation is symbolic. I know that the eyes that say they see Jesus at Revelation 1:7 is the eyes that pierced Jesus, which was a roman soldier. I'm not going to teach people that roman soldier is still alive today after 2000 years and he will see Jesus with his literal eyes. You may teach people that but I'm not.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Scripture? Of course not. You don't have any. Ever read what Jesus said about "EVERLASTING fire"?
Ever read where scripture speaks about everlasting life? Show where in scripture that the unrighteous will get everlasting life. As I said the scriptures teach only the faithful the righteous get everlasting life. Everlasting fire is talking about everlasting destruction, which means they're destroyed forever as living persons, or everlasting punishment which is eternal death, no possibility of existing as a living person ever again.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever read where scripture speaks about everlasting life?
Many times!
Show where in scripture that the unrighteous will get everlasting life.
Guess Who said this:

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
As I said the scriptures teach only the faithful the righteous get everlasting life. Everlasting fire is talking about everlasting destruction, which means they're destroyed forever as living persons, or everlasting punishment which is eternal death, no possibility of existing as a living person ever again.
That's totally ridiculous. If they are destroyed there is absolutely no reason for "everlasting"! It's the same Greek word for "everlasting" life! NEVER ending.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many times!

Guess Who said this:

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

That's totally ridiculous. If they are destroyed there is absolutely no reason for "everlasting"! It's the same Greek word for "everlasting" life! NEVER ending.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many times!

Guess Who said this:

Matthew 25

You can continue to believe that the unrighteous get everlasting life, but they don't. The unrighteous get everlasting punishment and that everlasting punishment is eternal death. Death is the punishment for sin. Those God judges unworthy of life will never exist as living persons again. Because God is the one who decides whether one gets a resurrection back to life or not.

Genesis 2:7 shows us that when the breath(spirit) of life wasn't in the flesh and blood human body after God had created the flesh and blood human body from the dust from the ground but hadn't blew the breath (spirit) of life into that flesh and blood human body, yet. That flesh and blood human body wasn't a living soul or living person. It's was only after God blew the breath(spirit) of life into the flesh and blood human body, that it became a living soul or living person. So when a person's breath(spirit) of life leaves the flesh and blood human body at death, that person ceases to exist as a living person because that flesh and blood human body no longer has the breath(spirit) of life in it.
So at death if God judges a person unworthy of life, unworthy of becoming a living person again because God has judged that person or persons as unrighteous then they will never exist as living persons again.

Reactions: Dropship

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Day of the LORD Magazine - Amazing Facts The Day Of The LORD Magazine AFScan : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

2 Thessalonians 2:1 KJB - Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,​

Paul refers to the second Advent of Jesus Christ when he says “by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ” and further by adding, “and [by] our gathering together unto him, which are similar to the passages of 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 KJB; [see also Matthew 24:31; Mark 13:27 KJB]:
Isaiah 11:12 KJB - And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.​
1 Thessalonians 4:13 KJB - But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.​
1 Thessalonians 4:14 KJB - For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.​

Compare:​
1 Corinthians 15:20 KJB - But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.​
1 Corinthians 15:23 KJB - But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.​
1 Thessalonians 4:15 KJB - For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.​
1 Thessalonians 4:16 KJB - For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:​
1 Thessalonians 4:17 KJB - Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.​
1 Thessalonians 4:18 KJB - Wherefore comfort one another with these words.​

The King James English word “coming” is translated from [G3952], “παρουσία”, “parousia”.and may be seen in many other passages [see also 1 Corinthians 16:17; 2 Corinthians 7:6-7, 10:10; Philippians 1:26, 2:12 KJB]:

Matthew 24:3 KJB - And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?​
Matthew 24:27 KJB - For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.​
Matthew 24:37 KJB - But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.​
Matthew 24:39 KJB - And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.​
1 Corinthians 15:23 KJB - But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.​
1 Thessalonians 2:19 KJB - For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?​
1 Thessalonians 3:13 KJB - To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.​
1 Thessalonians 4:15 KJB - For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.​
1 Thessalonians 5:23 KJB - And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​
2 Thessalonians 2:1 KJB - Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,​
2 Thessalonians 2:8 KJB - And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:​
2 Thessalonians 2:9 KJB - Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,​
James 5:7 KJB - Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.​
James 5:8 KJB - Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.​
2 Peter 1:16 KJB - For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.​
2 Peter 3:12 KJB - Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?​
1 John 2:28 KJB - And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.​

There are also many other words that also describe Jesus' visible, physical, audible, tumultuous, glorious, triumphant and literal return at the Father's appointed time:

[1] 'to come and/or arrive', [G2064], “ἔρχομαι” “erchomai” [Matthew 24:30, 26:64; John 14:3; 1 Corinthians 11:26; Revelation. 1:7 KJB],​
[2] 'to appear visibly', [G3700], “ὀπτάνομαι”, “optanomai” [Hebrews 9:28 KJB],​
[3] 'to return', [G360], “ἀναλύω”, “analyō” [Luke 12:36 KJB],​
[4] 'to reveal', [G602], “ἀποκάλυψις”, “apokalypsis” [2 Thessalonians 1:7; 1 Peter 1:7; Luke 17:29-30 KJB],​
[5] 'to manifest', [G2015], “ἐπιφάνεια”, “epiphaneia” [1 Timothy 6:14; 2 Timothy 4:8; Titus 2:13 KJB],​
[6] 'make manifest', [G5319], “φανερόω”, “phaneroō” [1 Peter 5:4 KJB],​
[7] 'come', [G2240], “ἥκω”, “hēkō” [Revelation 2:25 KJB],​
[8] 'to return', [G5290], “ὑποστρέφω”, “hypostrephō” [Luke 19:12 KJB].​
See also:​
Matthew 24:37 KJB - But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.​
Luke 17:26 KJB - And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.​
Luke 17:30 KJB - Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.​

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUESTION: HOW WILL THE ORDER OF EVENTS GO AT JESUS SECOND ADVENT (COMING)?

[01.] A devastating earthquake and hailstorm (Revelation 16:18–21)​
[02.] The second coming of Jesus for His saints (Matthew 24:30, 31)​
[03.] The saved dead raised to life (1 Thessalonians 4:16)​
[04.] The saved given immortality (1 Corinthians 15:51–55)​
[05.] The saved given bodies like Jesus (1 John 3:2; Philippians 3:20, 21)​
[06.] All the righteous caught up into the clouds (1 Thessalonians 4:17)​
[07.] The living wicked slain by the breath of the Lord’s mouth (Isaiah 11:4)​
[08.] The unsaved dead remain in their graves until the end of the 1,000 years (Revelation 20:5)​
[09.] Jesus takes the righteous to heaven (John 13:33, 36; 14:2, 3)​
[10.] Satan bound (Revelation 20:1–3)​
[11.] The earth in a battered condition from huge hailstones and a devastating earthquake (Revelation 16:18–21)​
[12.] The earth in total blackout and desolate, a “bottomless pit” (Jeremiah 4:23, 28)​
[13.] Satan bound and forced to stay on the earth (Revelation 20:1–3)​
[14.] The righteous in heaven participate in the judgment (Revelation 20:4)​
[15.] The wicked are all dead (Jeremiah 4:25; Isaiah 11:4)​
[16.] Third coming of Jesus with His saints (Zechariah 14:5).​
[17.] Holy city settles on the Mount of Olives, which becomes a great plain (Zechariah 14:4, 10).​
[18.] The Father, His angels, and all of the righteous come with Jesus (Revelation 21:1–3; Matthew 25:31; Zechariah 14:5).​
[19.] The wicked dead are raised; Satan is loosed (Revelation 20:5, 7).​
[20.] Satan deceives the entire world (Revelation 20:8).​
[21.] The wicked surround the holy city (Revelation 20:9).​
[22.] The wicked are destroyed by fire (Revelation 20:9).​
[23.] New heavens and earth created (Isaiah 65:17; 2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1).​
[24.] God’s people enjoy eternity with God on the new earth (Revelation 21:2–4).​

Jesus is coming again:

Joh 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.​
Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.​
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.​
Joh 14:4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.​
Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.​
Mat 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.​
Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.​
Act 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;​
Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.​
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.​
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.​
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.​
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,​
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.​
Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.​
Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.​
Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.​
Mat 24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,​
Mat 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.​
Mar 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.​
Mar 13:27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.​
Mar 13:34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.​
Mar 13:35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:​
Luk 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.​
Luk 17:27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.​
Luk 17:28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;​
Luk 17:29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.​
Luk 17:30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.​
Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.​
Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.​
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.​
Luk 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.​
Luk 21:35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.​
Luk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.​
Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.​
Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:​
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.​
1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,​
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.​
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.​
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.​
1Co 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?​
Php 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:​
Php 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.​
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.​

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
VISIBLE:
Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.​
Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.​
Mat 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.​
Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:​
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:​
Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.​
Luk 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.​
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:​
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,​

AUDIBLE:

Psa 50:3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.​
Psa 50:4 He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people.​
Psa 50:5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.​
Psa 50:6 And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is judge himself. Selah.​
1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.​
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.​
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.​
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:​
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.​
2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.​
2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,​
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?​
Rev 16:18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.​
Rev 16:19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.​
Rev 16:20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.​
Rev 16:21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.​

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[B.] Jeremiah 4:23 - I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
Jeremiah 4:24 - I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.​
Jeremiah 4:25 - I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.​
Jeremiah 4:26 - I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.​
Jeremiah 4:27 - For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.​
Jeremiah 4:28 - For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.​

[C.] Jeremiah 25:15 - For thus saith the LORD God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it.
Jeremiah 25:16 - And they shall drink, and be moved, and be mad, because of the sword that I will send among them.​
Jeremiah 25:17 - Then took I the cup at the LORD'S hand, and made all the nations to drink, unto whom the LORD had sent me:​
Jeremiah 25:18 - To wit, Jerusalem, and the cities of Judah, and the kings thereof, and the princes thereof, to make them a desolation, an astonishment, an hissing, and a curse; as it is this day;​
Jeremiah 25:19 - Pharaoh king of Egypt, and his servants, and his princes, and all his people;​
Jeremiah 25:20 - And all the mingled people, and all the kings of the land of Uz, and all the kings of the land of the Philistines, and Ashkelon, and Azzah, and Ekron, and the remnant of Ashdod,​
Jeremiah 25:21 - Edom, and Moab, and the children of Ammon,​
Jeremiah 25:22 - And all the kings of Tyrus, and all the kings of Zidon, and the kings of the isles which are beyond the sea,​
Jeremiah 25:23 - Dedan, and Tema, and Buz, and all that are in the utmost corners,​
Jeremiah 25:24 - And all the kings of Arabia, and all the kings of the mingled people that dwell in the desert,​
Jeremiah 25:25 - And all the kings of Zimri, and all the kings of Elam, and all the kings of the Medes,​
Jeremiah 25:26 - And all the kings of the north, far and near, one with another, and all the kingdoms of the world, which are upon the face of the earth: and the king of Sheshach shall drink after them.​
Jeremiah 25:27 - Therefore thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Drink ye, and be drunken, and spue, and fall, and rise no more, because of the sword which I will send among you.​
Jeremiah 25:28 - And it shall be, if they refuse to take the cup at thine hand to drink, then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Ye shall certainly drink.​
Jeremiah 25:29 - For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.​
Jeremiah 25:30 - Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.​
Jeremiah 25:31 - A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.​
Jeremiah 25:32 - Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.​
Jeremiah 25:33 - And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.​
Jeremiah 25:34 - Howl, ye shepherds, and cry; and wallow yourselves in the ashes, ye principal of the flock: for the days of your slaughter and of your dispersions are accomplished; and ye shall fall like a pleasant vessel.​
Jeremiah 25:35 - And the shepherds shall have no way to flee, nor the principal of the flock to escape.​
Jeremiah 25:36 - A voice of the cry of the shepherds, and an howling of the principal of the flock, shall be heard: for the LORD hath spoiled their pasture.​
Jeremiah 25:37 - And the peaceable habitations are cut down because of the fierce anger of the LORD.​
Jeremiah 25:38 - He hath forsaken his covert, as the lion: for their land is desolate because of the fierceness of the oppressor, and because of his fierce anger.​
[D.] Zephaniah 1:2 - I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the LORD.
Zephaniah 1:3 - I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumblingblocks with the wicked; and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the LORD.​
Zephaniah 1:14 - The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.​
Zephaniah 1:15 - That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,​
Zephaniah 1:16 - A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.​
Zephaniah 1:17 - And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.​
Zephaniah 1:18 - Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.​

[E.] Isaiah 2:6 - Therefore thou hast forsaken thy people the house of Jacob, because they be replenished from the east, and are soothsayers like the Philistines, and they please themselves in the children of strangers.
Isaiah 2:7 - Their land also is full of silver and gold, neither is there any end of their treasures; their land is also full of horses, neither is there any end of their chariots:​
Isaiah 2:8 - Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:​
Isaiah 2:9 - And the mean man boweth down, and the great man humbleth himself: therefore forgive them not.​
Isaiah 2:10 - Enter into the rock, and hide thee in the dust, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty.​
Isaiah 2:11 - The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.​
Isaiah 2:12 - For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:​
Isaiah 2:13 - And upon all the cedars of Lebanon, that are high and lifted up, and upon all the oaks of Bashan,​
Isaiah 2:14 - And upon all the high mountains, and upon all the hills that are lifted up,​
Isaiah 2:15 - And upon every high tower, and upon every fenced wall,​
Isaiah 2:16 - And upon all the ships of Tarshish, and upon all pleasant pictures.​
Isaiah 2:17 - And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.​
Isaiah 2:18 - And the idols he shall utterly abolish.​
Isaiah 2:19 - And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.​
Isaiah 2:20 - In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;​
Isaiah 2:21 - To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.​
Isaiah 2:22 - Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?​

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[F.] Isaiah 11:4 - But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

[G.] Isaiah 24:1 - Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.
Isaiah 24:2 - And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.​
Isaiah 24:3 - The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.​
Isaiah 24:4 - The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.​
Isaiah 24:5 - The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.​
Isaiah 24:6 - Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.​
Isaiah 24:17 - Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.​
Isaiah 24:18 - And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.​
Isaiah 24:19 - The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.​
Isaiah 24:20 - The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.​
Isaiah 24:21 - And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.​
Isaiah 24:22 - And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.​

[H.] Isaiah 34:1 - Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it.
Isaiah 34:2 - For the indignation of the LORD is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.​
Isaiah 34:3 - Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.​
Isaiah 34:4 - And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.​
Isaiah 34:5 - For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of my curse, to judgment.​
Isaiah 34:6 - The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.​
Isaiah 34:7 - And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.​
Isaiah 34:8 - For it is the day of the LORD'S vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.​
Isaiah 34:9 - And the streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch.​
Isaiah 34:10 - It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke thereof shall go up for ever: from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it for ever and ever.​
Isaiah 34:11 - But the cormorant and the bittern shall possess it; the owl also and the raven shall dwell in it: and he shall stretch out upon it the line of confusion, and the stones of emptiness.​
Isaiah 34:12 - They shall call the nobles thereof to the kingdom, but none shall be there, and all her princes shall be nothing.​
Isaiah 34:13 - And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: and it shall be an habitation of dragons, and a court for owls.​
Isaiah 34:14 - The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest.​
Isaiah 34:15 - There shall the great owl make her nest, and lay, and hatch, and gather under her shadow: there shall the vultures also be gathered, every one with her mate.​
Isaiah 34:16 - Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.​

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Strongs, this is 3708 horáō – properly, see, often with metaphorical meaning: "to see with the mind" (i.e. spiritually see), i.e. perceive (with inward spiritual perception).
Why only give half a definition? To see with the mind, often (not always) involves seeing through the physical "eye/s" which are directly connected with the brain/mind/heart/spirit.

For instance:

Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.​
Joh 20:29 λεγει αυτω ο ιησους οτι εωρακας με θωμα πεπιστευκας μακαριοι οι μη ιδοντες και πιστευσαντες​

1Co 9:1 Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord?​
1Co 9:1 ουκ ειμι αποστολος ουκ ειμι ελευθερος ουχι ιησουν χριστον τον κυριον ημων εωρακα ου το εργον μου υμεις εστε εν κυριω​

Col 2:1 For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh;​
Col 2:1 θελω γαρ υμας ειδεναι ηλικον αγωνα εχω περι υμων και των εν λαοδικεια και οσοι ουχ εωρακασιν το προσωπον μου εν σαρκι​

1Pe 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:​
1Pe 1:8 ον ουκ ιδοντες αγαπατε εις ον αρτι μη ορωντες πιστευοντες δε αγαλλιασθε χαρα ανεκλαλητω και δεδοξασμενη​
1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;​
1Jn 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
1Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.​
1Jn 1:1 ο ην απ αρχης ο ακηκοαμεν ο εωρακαμεν τοις οφθαλμοις ημων ο εθεασαμεθα και αι χειρες ημων εψηλαφησαν περι του λογου της ζωης​
1Jn 1:2 και η ζωη εφανερωθη και εωρακαμεν και μαρτυρουμεν και απαγγελλομεν υμιν την ζωην την αιωνιον ητις ην προς τον πατερα και εφανερωθη ημιν​
1Jn 1:3 ο εωρακαμεν και ακηκοαμεν απαγγελλομεν υμιν ινα και υμεις κοινωνιαν εχητε μεθ ημων και η κοινωνια δε η ημετερα μετα του πατρος και μετα του υιου αυτου ιησου χριστου​
1Jn 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?​
1Jn 4:20 εαν τις ειπη οτι αγαπω τον θεον και τον αδελφον αυτου μιση ψευστης εστιν ο γαρ μη αγαπων τον αδελφον αυτου ον εωρακεν τον θεον ον ουχ εωρακεν πως δυναται αγαπαν​

ETC.

G3708
ὁράω
horaō

Total KJV Occurrences: 60

seen, 34
Luk_1:22, Luk_9:36, Luk_24:23, Joh_1:18, Joh_3:11, Joh_3:32, Joh_4:45, Joh_5:37, Joh_6:36, Joh_6:46 (2), Joh_8:38 (2), Joh_8:57, Joh_9:37, Joh_14:7, Joh_14:9 (2), Joh_15:24, Joh_20:18, Joh_20:25, Joh_20:29, Act_7:44, Act_22:15, 1Co_9:1, Col_2:1, Col_2:18, 1Jn_1:1-3 (3), 1Jn_3:6, 1Jn_4:20 (2), 3Jn_1:11

see, 12
Mat_8:4, Mat_9:30, Mat_24:6, Mar_1:44, Act_2:17, 1Th_5:15, Heb_2:8, Heb_8:5, Jas_2:24, 1Pe_1:8, Rev_22:4, Rev_22:9

heed, 6
Mat_16:6, Mat_18:10, Luk_12:15 (2), Act_22:26, Rom_11:21

saw, 4
Joh_1:34, Joh_6:2, Joh_19:35, Rev_18:18

beholding, 1
Luk_23:49

perceive, 1
Act_8:23

seeing, 1
Heb_11:27

seeth, 1
Luk_16:23