The messiah didn't come yet.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bs"d

The second prophecy there is this: "Messiah would be born in Bethlehem.Micah 5:2"

Here is the messianic prophecy of Mica 5:

Micha 5:2-9; "But thou Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. Therefore will he give them up, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth: then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel. And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God; and they shall abide: for NOW shall he be great unto the ends of the earth. And this man shall be the peace, when the Assyrian shall come into our land: and when he shall tread in our palaces, then shall we raise against him seven shepherds, and eight principal men. And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod in the entrances thereof: thus shall he deliver us from the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth within our borders. And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the LORD, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men. And the remnant of Jacob shall be among the Gentiles in the midst of many people as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep: who, if he go through, both treadeth down, and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver. Thine hand shall be lifted up upon thine adversaries, and all thine enemies shall be cut off."

Here we have very clearly physical redemption from earthly enemies: "And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword", "Thine hand shall be lifted up upon thine adversaries, and all thine enemies shall be cut off." These are very clear verses that can not be misinterpreted; when the messiah comes the Jewish enemies are going to be slaughtered. And the one coming forth from Bethlehem is to be a ruler in Israel, that is a king, or maybe nowadays a president, but not a wandering preacher and miracle healer.

So the messianic prophecy of Mica 5 is obviously NOT fulfilled by JC.

Your words and translation are according to the flesh, thus you misunderstand what is written.

Is the enemy of the Jew flesh, that Messiah should slaughter him? You do not know your enemy, therefore you do not know your Savior.

But I am still reading to see what those things are that you say are not fulfilled. If you have not listed them, perhaps you could. Thank you.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bs"d

The third prophecy there is this: "Messiah would be born of a virgin.Isaiah 7:14"

Now the fact of the matter is, that prophecy doesn't exist. Nowhere in the Tanach is there a prophecy about a virgin giving birth.
Just doesn't exist.

If you want to know what is going on in Isaiah 7, look here: Isaiah7 - MountZion

Was Rebekah a virgin before Isaac at the well? For the same term/word was used to describe her also.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So here we see that Matthew claims that this text comes from Jeremiah, when in truth, it comes from Zechariah.

Lets look more closely.

First...
Matthew the writer, is not the NIV version,.... as for one thing, the NIV is among the worst versions ever created.
So,
What you have to do is interpret why Matthew said what HE said, according to HIM interpreting the Torah during His day.

So, Matthew is going to give that prophecy according to a Jew living 2000 yrs ago, as they understood the Torah, and as He understood that Jesus is the Messiah.

1.) Matthew would know that Jeremiah ALSO bought a Field, according to the command.

Jeremiah 32:6-9

And..

2nd,

Because OT Jews understood the divisions of the OT as :

A.) Law
B) Writings
C) Prophets

It was common for Jews in Jesus's time to speak of all this as sections, which included Zech.... as " the book of Jeremiah" as the "Prophets" begin with Jeremiah.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bs"d

An other "messianic prophecy" they bring there is "Messiah would spend a season in Egypt. Hosea 11:1"

Here it is: "When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son."

Now who is it that God calls "His son"? God is very clear about that: "‘This is what the Lord says: Israel is my firstborn son, 23 and I told you, “Let my son go, so he may worship me.” But you refused to let him go; so I will kill your firstborn son.’” Ex 4:22

As we all know; God brought Israel up out of Egypt. So it is very clear that this whole verse speaks about Israel, and not only the first part.

So also here is a verse which has no bearing on the messiah what so ever, ripped out of context, and presented as a "messianic prophecy".

Your claiming the prophecy of Hosea 11:1 to be what it is not, does not prove what it is not, but only shows that your understanding is limited.

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Your words and translation are according to the flesh, thus you misunderstand what is written.
Bs"d

I use only Christian Bible translations, so don't tell me that my translations are according to the flesh.
Is the enemy of the Jew flesh, that Messiah should slaughter him? You do not know your enemy, therefore you do not know your Savior.
It isn't what Jews want, it is about what the messianic prophecies says that the messiah must do.

JC did not fulfill the messianic prophecies, therefore he was not the messiah. It is as simple as that.
But I am still reading to see what those things are that you say are not fulfilled. If you have not listed them, perhaps you could. Thank you.
Look here in chapter 3, there you see some messianic prophecies, all of 'm not fulfilled by your messiah: Notestament

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Was Rebekah a virgin before Isaac at the well? For the same term/word was used to describe her also.
Bs"d

The word "almah" is not used for Rebeccah. But in this verse: "And the damsel [was] very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man
known her:" Gen 24:16 the word "virgin" is "betulah", which is the normal word for virgin, and that word is not used in Isaiah.

You can check that out with this interlinear: Online Hebrew Interlinear Bible

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
The last book of the Old Testament, Malachi,

Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts. - Malachi 3:1

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: - Malachi 4:5

Approximately 450 years later...

10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist. - Matthew 17

The 450 year period was a long time between Malachi and Matthew. If the Messiah has not yet come this would make the prophecy almost 2,500 years old, which is just too much time!
Bs"d

So he claimed that John the Baptist was Elijah the prophet. But that doesn't change the fact that JC did not fulfill the messianic prophecies.

And if somebody claims to be the messiah, but doesn't fulfill the messianic prophecies, then we know he was not the messiah.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bs"d

Very irritating. Is it here forbidden to post links or something?

It is not about what I expect, it is about what God's prophets say the messiah will do.

Here is something about that:

Who and what is the messiah? Let us check according to the Holy Hebrew scriptures what the messiah is supposed to do.

Micha 5:2-9; "But thou Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from ancient days. Therefore will he give them up, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth: then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel. And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God; and they shall abide: for NOW shall he be great unto the ends of the earth. And this man shall be the peace, when the Assyrian shall come into our land: and when he shall tread in our palaces, then shall we raise against him seven shepherds, and eight principal men. And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod in the entrances thereof: thus shall he deliver us from the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth within our borders. And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the LORD, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men. And the remnant of Jacob shall be among the Gentiles in the midst of many people as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep: who, if he go through, both treadeth down, and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver. Thine hand shall be lifted up upon thine adversaries, and all thine enemies shall be cut off."

Here we have very clearly physical redemption from earthly enemies: "And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword", "Thine hand shall be lifted up upon thine adversaries, and all thine enemies shall be cut off." These are very clear verses that can not be misinterpreted; when the messiah comes the Jewish enemies are going to be slaughtered. And the one coming forth from Bethlehem is to be a ruler in Israel, that is a king, or maybe nowadays a president, but not a wandering preacher and miracle healer.

Zacheriah 9:9-10; "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass. And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth."

They say that he did ride on a donkey, like the whole Middle East in those days, but that is where it stops. He did not bring any peace, the battle bow, the horses and the chariots, symbols of war, were not cut off from Jerusalem, and his dominion was not from sea to sea and to the ends of the earth; as a matter of fact, he did not have any dominion at all.

In order to get around this problem, the Christian church invented the "second coming". However, nowhere in the Hebrew scriptures is it written that the messiah would come once, get himself killed, and come again in a second coming. This is a pure rationalization of Jesus' failure to function in any way as a messiah. Nowhere in any of the above prophecies does it indicate that there will be a gap of at least 2000 years between the birth of the messiah and the redemption. Nowhere does it speak about a messiah being tortured to death and coming back thousands of years later.

Jeremiah 23:5-6; "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD IS OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS."

Jeremiah 33:14-16: "IN THOSE DAYS AND AT THAT TIME, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land. IN THOSE DAYS shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD is our righteousness."

When the branch of righteousness springs forth to David, when the messiah comes, THEN, IN THOSE DAYS, Judah will be saved and Jerusalem shall dwell safely. That means that it is impossible to squeeze in two thousand or more years between the coming of the messiah and the redemption of Judah and Jerusalem. Out goes the 'second coming'. However, there wasn't any redemption in the days of Jesus. Forty years after his death, in 70 CE, Jerusalem was totally destroyed by the Romans, the second Temple was burned down, and the Jews exiled. No way that the above prophecy was fulfilled.

Isaiah 11; "And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins. The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious."

Also here we have a messiah who is going to kill the evil people: "And he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked." And after that we get the better world, when it says: "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them etc." This is what is supposed to happen, as soon as there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse (the father of King David) and a Branch shall grow out of his roots; that is as soon as the messiah comes. Nowhere here is mentioned that the messiah will be killed and that these prophecies will happen at least 2000 years later. On the contrary; when the messiah comes redemption comes. And also for this messianic prophecy you don't have to be a brain surgeon or a rocket scientist in order to see that it is not fulfilled. Nothing of this all was done by Jesus. Conclusion: He was not the messiah.
Eliyahu....have you considered that when the Prophets spoke of the the Messiah's coming they conflated events?

It was assumed by the Hebrews/ Jews that these prophecies would be fulfilled in a singular coming/ event.
Do you think it is possible that the various events connected to the prophecies of the Messiah could have been other than singular? .....in other words, to use an example, if one looks at a train from the front, ie looking at the train by looking back at the engine one would only see the engine and not the carriages, but if one looks at the train from the side one will see multiple carriages yet the word 'train' is use for both the singular engine as well as its accompanying carriages.

Could it be that the Messiah's coming has various stages......ie, his coming in suffering precedes his coming in victory?

Could it be that the Prophets did not see his 'coming' as various events and they wrote from the perspective of looking at the train from the frontal aspect?

Like when we use the expression, 'a man gets married and has multiple children', we know that this statement is broken up not only in time but in factual information....... because he does not actually have the children but rather his wife does......and he doesn't have them on the day he gets married but in future years.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lizbeth

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So... What of the prophecy...

9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.
10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious. - Isaiah 11

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
So... What of the prophecy...

9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.
10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious. - Isaiah 11
Bs"d

That is one of the messianic prophecies which has NOT been fulfilled:

Isaiah 11; "And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins. The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious."

Also here we have a messiah who is going to kill the evil people: "And he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked." And after that we get the better world, when it says: "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them etc." This is what is supposed to happen, as soon as there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse (the father of King David) and a Branch shall grow out of his roots; that is as soon as the messiah comes. Nowhere here is mentioned that the messiah will be killed and that these prophecies will happen at least 2000 years later. On the contrary; when the messiah comes redemption comes. And also for this messianic prophecy you don't have to be a brain surgeon or a rocket scientist in order to see that it is not fulfilled. Nothing of this all was done by Jesus.
Conclusion: He was not the messiah.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Eliyahu....have you considered that when the Prophets spoke of the the Messiah's coming they conflated events?

It was assumed by the Hebrews/ Jews that these prophecies would be fulfilled in a singular coming/ event.
Do you think it is possible that the various events connected to the prophecies of the Messiah could have been other than singular? .....in other words, to use an example, if one looks at a train from the front, ie looking at the train by looking back at the engine one would only see the engine and not the carriages, but if one looks at the train from the side one will see multiple carriages yet the word 'train' is use for both the singular engine as well as its accompanying carriages.

Could it be that the Messiah's coming has various stages......ie, his coming in suffering precedes his coming in victory?
Bs"d

Not according to this messianic prophecy:

Jeremiah 23:5-6; "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. IN HIS DAYS JUDAH SHALL JUDAH SHALL BE SAVED, AND iSRAEL SHALL DWELL SAFELY; and this is the name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS."

Jeremiah 33:14-16: "IN THOSE DAYS AND AT THAT TIME, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land. IN THOSE DAYS shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness."

When the branch of righteousness springs forth to David, when the messiah comes, THEN, IN THOSE DAYS, Judah will be saved and Jerusalem shall dwell safely. That means that it is impossible to squeeze in two thousand or more years between the coming of the messiah and the redemption of Judah and Jerusalem. Out goes the 'second coming'. However, there wasn't any redemption in the days of Jesus. Forty years after his death, in 70 CE, Jerusalem was totally destroyed by the Romans, the second Temple was burned down, and the Jews exiled. No way that the above prophecy was fulfilled.

Many people have claimed and still claim that they are the messiah. How do we know whether they are or not?

The only way we can check is whether or not they fulfill the messianic prophecies.

So far the messianic prophecies have not been fulfilled, so from that we know that the messiah didn't come yet.

And don't forget that there is no prophecy that the messiah shall come in suffering and dying.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bs"d

Not according to this messianic prophecy:

Jeremiah 23:5-6; "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. IN HIS DAYS JUDAH SHALL JUDAH SHALL BE SAVED, AND iSRAEL SHALL DWELL SAFELY; and this is the name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS."

Jeremiah 33:14-16: "IN THOSE DAYS AND AT THAT TIME, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land. IN THOSE DAYS shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness."

Many people have claimed and still claim that they are the messiah. How do we know whether they are or not?

The only way we can check is whether or not they fulfill the messianic prophecies.

So far the messianic prophecies have not been fulfilled, so from that we know that the messiah didn't come yet.

And don't forget that there is no prophecy that the messiah shall come in suffering and dying.
Speaking to your last comment, 'And don't forget that there is no prophecy that the messiah shall come in suffering and dying.' I think perception and interpretation....and expectation play a big role.

I think of the account of the two on the road to Emmaus; they certainly didn't expect a dead Messiah......and then Jesus showed up.
I'm assuming you know the story from Luke 24:13-35 ?

What I find noteworthy is that for centuries the Hebrews/ Jews had the Sanctuary services where a slain lamb was at its core.....even from the exodus.......and they never joined the dots.
I can only imagine it was because they expected and wanted a political victory, a final claim to upmanship instead of a victory over sin and death.

Last edited:

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Speaking to your last comment, 'And don't forget that there is no prophecy that the messiah shall come in suffering and dying.' I think perception and interpretation....and expectation play a big role.
Bs"d

Totally correct. Without the expectation of a suffering and dying messiah, that means; without being a Christian, it is impossible for instance, to see the messiah in Isaiah 53.

I think of the account of the two on the road to Emmaus; they certainly didn't expect a dead Messiah......and then Jesus showed up.
I'm assuming you know the story from Luke 24:13-35 ?

What I find noteworthy is that for centuries the Hebrews/ Jews had the Sanctuary services where a slain lamb was at its core.....even from the exodus.......and they never joined the dots.
Well, many other animals, also bulls, goats, doves, were sacrificed before the Sanctuary. And to make the jump from a lamb to a human sacrifice, something which is totally forbidden in the Torah, that is too much.
I can only imagine it was because they expected and wanted a political victory, a final claim to upmanship instead of a victory over sin and death.
It is not about what the Jews or anybody else expects or wants, it is about what the prophets in the Hebrew Bible say the messiah will do.

And the messianic prophecies say that the messiah is going to slaughter the Jewish enemies, and is going to be a great king here on this earth. So that is what the messiah has to do.
For the finer details, look here in chapter 3: Notestament

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And the messianic prophecies say that the messiah is going to slaughter the Jewish enemies, and is going to be a great king here on this earth. So that is what the messiah has to do.
and that is why Jesus disciples were disappointed and cowered.....till he showed up alive after they witnessed him being murdered....that was the game changer.

If one is selective in what one sees, one will only see what one wants. That does not make what one sees correct or the full story. All it means is that one is a master at denial.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bs"d

That is one of the messianic prophecies which has NOT been fulfilled:

Also here we have a messiah who is going to kill the evil people: "And he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked." And after that we get the better world, when it says: "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them etc." This is what is supposed to happen, as soon as there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse (the father of King David) and a Branch shall grow out of his roots; that is as soon as the messiah comes. Nowhere here is mentioned that the messiah will be killed and that these prophecies will happen at least 2000 years later. On the contrary; when the messiah comes redemption comes. And also for this messianic prophecy you don't have to be a brain surgeon or a rocket scientist in order to see that it is not fulfilled. Nothing of this all was done by Jesus.
Conclusion: He was not the messiah.
I believe the one who will fulfill your version of the prophecy is written of here...

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. - Revelation 13

Awaiting the dollar to fall to set up a digital currency along with identification. No need of a billfold! A form of a Christ that will have great power!

Roy+Healy.jpg

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and that is why Jesus disciples were disappointed and cowered.....till he showed up alive after they witnessed him being murdered....that was the game changer.

If one is selective in what one sees, one will only see what one wants. That does not make what one sees correct or the full story. All it means is that one is a master at denial.
@Eliyahu613 .....by the way, what does 'Bs"d' mean?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bs"d

I use only Christian Bible translations, so don't tell me that my translations are according to the flesh.

It isn't what Jews want, it is about what the messianic prophecies says that the messiah must do.

JC did not fulfill the messianic prophecies, therefore he was not the messiah. It is as simple as that.

Look here in chapter 3, there you see some messianic prophecies, all of 'm not fulfilled by your messiah: Notestament

Bs"d

The word "almah" is not used for Rebeccah. But in this verse: "And the damsel [was] very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man
known her:" Gen 24:16 the word "virgin" is "betulah", which is the normal word for virgin, and that word is not used in Isaiah.

You can check that out with this interlinear: Online Hebrew Interlinear Bible

What you are missing is the transition that occurred with Jesus/Yeshua. Thus, it was and is the Jewish error to translate in error by confused language given over to the flesh.

As such, both "Testaments" are both written--not upon the heart in spirit, but upon parchment in error. To the contrary, there were rather two tablets, not on parchment, but both of stone. So then, in explanation of the error that you have seen and stated--yes, you are not wrong in your assessment of the New Testament...but are indeed wrong about the Old Testament, as they were and are both subject to the same error of the flesh (the result of confusion by God since Babel).

If you can hear it, the transition that occurred during Jesus' time was God's judgement against the flesh, and the fulfillment of Zechariah 2. The mechanics of which are according to Daniel's prophecy and declaration of "a time, times, and half a time."

But you hearing it or not, does not change the fact that the spirit is greater than the flesh, and has been at work anew (foretold by Joel) since that time and the taking away of the daily sacrifice.

Last edited: