The Mystery Revealed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Evil is not sin?
of course it is. That God created evil does not mean that God participates in evil, or condones evil, even if evil serves good as a construct. Paul discusses this at length i guess? Evil ends up serving God, but to suggest that evil is good? i doubt that. "Adversary" is a diff concept i guess

Last edited:

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evil is not sin?
Find out about the sin nature?

To do evil is sin, not evil in and of itself because God created it, but He did not create sin, Isaiah 45:7
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
To do evil is sin, not evil in and of itself because God created it, but He did not create sin, Isaiah 45:7
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
i must agree, in that "evil" is usually someone's perspective and not necessarily truth i guess. so nice point, ya

Reactions: Pisteuo

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did not create evil.
He did, but that does not make Him evil. This is simply a misunderstanding of what creation is...

For instance, if you wrote (created) a story about good and evil, would that make you evil? You see, that might be an indication that you are evil just as it might mean you are good...but it would be no indication that you are actually evil.

So...when the word of God says, "It is written"...it's a story.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ha well guess it depends who you ask huh, are children a blessing or a curse, is "i wish i had never been born" a reflection of truth, or appearances lol. Making gods is hard, i guess.

So really our perception of whether there was a gain or not is irrelevant, it becomes about "ok, so what you gonna do now?" imo
OK with above.
But that can't lead top "it was a gain".
It was a loss all around.
To himself,
To others,
To nature
and foremost to God. Who made him.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
He did, but that does not make Him evil. This is simply a misunderstanding of what creation is...

For instance, if you wrote (created) a story about good and evil, would that make you evil? You see, that might be an indication that you are evil just as it might mean you are good...but it would be no indication that you are actually evil.

So...when the word of God says, "It is written"...it's a story.
Now you're taking "it is written" too far.
WE are not a story.
We're creatures of the creator and if He meant for us to be enveloped in evil, then I'm through with Him.

But, of course, He wasn't.
God is ALL GOOD. There is no evil in Him.
For Him to create evil, He'd have to have evil in Him.

You can explain evil to yourself however you want to Scott,
there's no answer for it. But you do have some interesting ideas that I can agree with. Just not this one.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ha but you are not being consulted for that i guess, lol.

also, that perspective is a sign?
Maybe. But of what?
If I had never been born it would have affected too many things.
It's destiny.
But, as far as I'm concerned, yeah, it would have been better - for me personally. What for? (Bono)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
OK.
I can be really thick at times.
Did God create evil or not?
When we talk about evil and God we're not talking about the evil that men do but evil as the absence of good.

So God did not create sin but He did create evil?
Is this what you're saying??

THAT'S EVEN WORSE!

God did not create evil or sin.
Please answer: Is God good or is God evil ??

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Maybe. But of what?
one who has denied their birthright? Which is like everybody btw, don't plex lol

5Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

i know we are all not only convinced, but dwell on our desire to be dead and partying with Jesus,
but i think the problem starts back in v5 there, when we accept a vision that seems reasonable to us about just what ezackly has been guaranteed, regardless of we do not yet know what we will become, see. So this big ol' ice cream castle gets built lol, an next thing you know Paul is quoted as saying to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord which strictly speaking is absolutely true--that is the diabolical part--but see that is not how we interpret it, at all

so the opportunity to make a better tomorrow now is completely written out of the equation, right, we are gods, supposed to be creating tomorrow, but instead we become a death cult who cannot even be present, for the most part. generally speaking

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
one who has denied their birthright? Which is like everybody btw, don't plex lol

5Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

i know we are all not only convinced, but dwell on our desire to be dead and partying with Jesus,
but i think the problem starts back in v5 there, when we accept a vision that seems reasonable to us about just what ezackly has been guaranteed, regardless of we do not yet know what we will become, see. So this big ol' ice cream castle gets built lol, an next thing you know Paul is quoted as saying to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord which strictly speaking is absolutely true--that is the diabolical part--but see that is not how we interpret it, at all

so the opportunity to make a better tomorrow now is completely written out of the equation, right, we are gods, supposed to be creating tomorrow, but instead we become a death cult who cannot even be present, for the most part. generally speaking
WHO desires to be dead and party with Jesus?
I don't know anyone like this.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i would call that a profession, but regardless, whether one can accept Christ with their mouths is really not even debatable imo

Last time I checked, it says Confess with the mouth what is believed in the HEART.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All Adam recieved when he 'fell' was a loss. A loss of a relationship with God, A loss of a place in Eden, and a loss of peace.

A loss of belonging to the spiritual realm...when it says " they ate and their eyes were opened" ... to me = all they could see is what we see, they no longer could see the things of God the eyes of their spirit were darkened.

Hence, being born-again into God's Kingdom.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you're taking "it is written" too far.
WE are not a story.
We're creatures of the creator and if He meant for us to be enveloped in evil, then I'm through with Him.

But, of course, He wasn't.
God is ALL GOOD. There is no evil in Him.
For Him to create evil, He'd have to have evil in Him.

You can explain evil to yourself however you want to Scott,
there's no answer for it. But you do have some interesting ideas that I can agree with. Just not this one.
Sorry, this is not easy to explain.

God, by His own word, has stated that He creates evil. But, as I have explained, in our understanding and use of language, we would do better to understand it as "darkness." Which allows us to see that we can be in darkness but not be of the darkness or guilty of the things that go on in darkness - just as one can be in the world but not of the world. This demonstrates that darkness or evil is different for God than it is for us. With God, as you say, He is all good, and as I said, He is Light and there is no darkness in Him. But just as Jesus referred to people as evil and of our father the devil just by being born into the world and being under the linage of Adam, we know that God is not a part of the evil, although He created us. So, yes, if Jesus is correct in saying we are evil, and God created us...then, yes, God has created evil...but He is not evil, and yet we are.

But while freewill was a choice on God's part, it is on our part that evil is the result of that freewill, and the world plunging into darkness.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last time I checked, it says Confess with the mouth what is believed in the HEART.

Most Christians do not know how to read nor how to understand scriptures, thereby, creating doctrines that God has not stipulated!

Romans 10:9-10 must be read in light of Jeremiah 17:9-10. If God’s assessment of man’s heart is desperately wicked, who then will confess and believe in his heart?

It is God who will give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings

To God !Be The Glory

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People, people, most every one here agrees that God is not evil and did not create sin, then what is the problem?

Most people look at evil as sin, but in the context of Isaiah 45:7, God in this passage was speaking in the vantage point of creation. He was speaking about natural disasters.

When sin entered the world, the world also was subjected to thorns and thistles.
We see this in the flood of Noah's day, when God wiped out mankind, except for eight that were saved, and since repented.

Natural disasters in and of itself is not sinful but a curse/evil to man because people die.

I hope this helps.

To God Be The Glory

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People, people, most every one here agrees that God is not evil and did not create sin, then what is the problem?

Most people look at evil as sin, but in the context of Isaiah 45:7, God in this passage was speaking in the vantage point of creation. He was speaking about natural disasters.

When sin entered the world, the world also was subjected to thorns and thistles.
We see this in the flood of Noah's day, when God wiped out mankind, except for eight that were saved, and since repented.

Natural disasters in and of itself is not sinful but a curse/evil to man because people die.

I hope this helps.

To God Be The Glory

When we look at the full context of how God uses the world, somewhere, somehow the idea has snuck into modern thinking that this is the devil's world.
God created all things, if the argument that it is a fallen world and belongs to the devil, I would contend that all things work together for the good.
The world as we know it now is used as a schoolhouse for the Father to bring individuals! first to Christ, and then the training of sons/daughters in this world.
Christians need A Renewed mind with the understanding of how God operates in this world.
To give a witness for Christ they have to have an understanding of Christ as their life, if we just look at things from the standpoint of Good and Evil, which is just one knowledge, we have a hard time explaining to the world why the world is the way it is.
All the pat answers begin.
The knowledge of Christ is a different knowledge than the knowledge of Good and Evil. The believer will judge everything based on Good and Evil, they will see things as either being good or being evil.
So the individual becomes as Paul said tossed to and fro by many doctrines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
WHO desires to be dead and party with Jesus?
I don't know anyone like this.
ha, so you are not only sorry you were ever born and perceive no advantage, but you also are not convinced--pretty sure "confident" has been massaged there, too, let's just see; ya, prolly buried in tolmao` there, @ "make up the mind," imo a better way to put that might be "the mind is made up," which has some disturbing literal connotations anyway, right--also not convinced that when you are deceased from this earth, you will be with the Lord?