The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace-only, cheap-grace, hyper-grace, easy-believism …
are all called antinomianism! This is the notion that a one-time
justification saves … apart from sanctification. But, this is an
incomplete understanding of God’s wonderful free gift of grace!

The problem with easy-believism is that it allows
those who are living in hypocrisy, disobedience, and sin
(i.e. those who are NOT walking in obedience)
to live comfortably with a false assurance of salvation!
This leads to the tragedy described in Matthew 7:21-23 (for example).
i would highly suggest you read your bible we are only justified once and one time only.. declared righteous all our sins are forgiven. covered by the blood. after being justified we are then sanctified { set apart -- made holy} we become a work in progress . your legalist view os out of touch.saved by grace is so easy a young child can understand the need

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Truth really matters to me too - that’s why I left non-Catholic forms of Christianity behind and returned to the Catholic Church, which is “the pillar and foundation of the truth” (1Tim 3:15).

I do not understand this logic. Why should the RCC church claim to be the authentic church?
It is possible for any group of believers to go astray, so you need to grasp what is authentic faith and what is false before one can say one group are closer to the truth than another.

The truth Jesus preached is in our hearts not in formalism or organisational justification.
Ceremonies and groups can reflect the internal reality but not replace it. Once a group goes beyond the realities it has lost focus on what the gospel and the Kingdom of heaven is. The prophets continually told Israel following ceremonies without devotion to God and righteousness was empty.

I will openly have fellowship with groups who follow Jesus and listen to Him.
Buildings and ceremonies do not make an action real or of God, it is knowing Him and being a part of His word.

Reactions: mjrhealth

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The official RCC prayer book encourages people to pray to Mary as the Queen of Heaven, and that there are prayers in it that state that there is no salvation for anyone outside of Mary's intercession to God as the result of people praying to her for it.
Citation please.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I warned you about flaming me. Final warming before I block you.
"Block" me all you want.
However - if you can't present PROOF for the following statement - then it goes on record here that it is nothing more than a LIE:

"...the established fact that there are more male and female prostitutes in the Vatican than in any other red light district anywhere else in the world?"

A little advice:
Don't
say things that you can't substantiate. It's embarrassing . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the hardest thing to do it take what those we love and respect taught us and even consider they may be wrong.
it took me years to break the mold on some doctrines I was taught as fact. And change my view, things I too would fight hard to defend
we end up defending a person or a church and it becomes less about defending God or wanting to know what is really the truth
The difference is that Christ's Church is the FULLNESS of Him (Eph. 1:22-23) - and He equates it with His very SELF (Acts 9:4-5).
That can't be said of ANY of the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant sects.

It's not Christ OR His Church. They are indivisible . . .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difference is that Christ's Church is the FULLNESS of Him (Eph. 1:22-23) - and He equates it with His very SELF (Acts 9:4-5).
That can't be said of ANY of the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant sects.

It's not Christ OR His Church. They are indivisible . . .
its not the roman church either

It is a group of local churches all who profess faith in the one true gospel of Christ. No matter what denomination they are

as apposed to many local churches who have the wrong Gospel of Christ. who are impostors..

Reactions: mailmandan

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its not the roman church either
It is a group of local churches all who profess faith in the one true gospel of Christ. No matter what denomination they are
as apposed to many local churches who have the wrong Gospel of Christ. who are impostors..
And yet, the Bible doesn't support the idea that the true Church is a disjointed gaggle of tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering sects that ALL teach different doctrines..

The Scriptures admonish us to be of like-mind, like-practice and spirit (2 Thess. 2:15, 1 Cor. 11:2, 2 Tim. 1:12-14).
They discourage being tossed about and blown around by every wind of teaching.

This is the tragedy of Protestantism . . .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet, the Bible doesn't support the idea that the true Church is a disjointed gaggle of tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering sects that ALL teach different doctrines..

The Scriptures admonish us to be of like-mind, like-practice and spirit (2 Thess. 2:15, 1 Cor. 11:2, 2 Tim. 1:12-14).
They discourage being tossed about and blown around by every wind of teaching.

This is the tragedy of Protestantism . . .
Your right

The early church was a group of local people meeting in homes. continuing together in the apostles doctrine, breaking of bread, fellowship and prayer. (acts 2: 42)

It looked nothing like the theater of the roman catholic service.

and the doctrines they followed. did not even closely resemble the catholic doctrines.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your right

The early church was a group of local people meeting in homes. continuing together in the apostles doctrine, breaking of bread, fellowship and prayer. (acts 2: 42)

It looked nothing like the theater of the roman catholic service.

and the doctrines they followed. did not even closely resemble the catholic doctrines.
Really??
Let's take a look . . .

Ignatius was a 1st century Bishop of Antioch was a student of the Apostle John.
This is how HE, an eyewitness described the 1st century Church. Tell me WHICH Church this sounds like:

Ignatius of Antioch

Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 107]).

Take note of those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ which has come to us, and see how contrary their opinions are to the mind of God. . . . They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which that Father, in his goodness, raised up again. They who deny the gift of God are perishing in their disputes (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6:2-7:1 [A.D. 110]).

. . . and are now ready to obey your bishop and clergy with undivided minds and to share in the one common breaking of bread – the medicine of immortality, and the sovereign remedy by which we escape death and live in Jesus Christ for evermore (Letter to the Ephesians 20 [A.D. 110]).

Does that sound like ANY Protestant sect who denies that the Eucharist is the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Christ as the Catholic Church does??

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really??
Let's take a look . . .

Ignatius was a 1st century Bishop of Antioch was a student of the Apostle John.
This is how HE, an eyewitness described the 1st century Church. Tell me WHICH Church this sounds like:

Ignatius of Antioch

Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 107]).

Take note of those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ which has come to us, and see how contrary their opinions are to the mind of God. . . . They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which that Father, in his goodness, raised up again. They who deny the gift of God are perishing in their disputes (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6:2-7:1 [A.D. 110]).

. . . and are now ready to obey your bishop and clergy with undivided minds and to share in the one common breaking of bread – the medicine of immortality, and the sovereign remedy by which we escape death and live in Jesus Christ for evermore (Letter to the Ephesians 20 [A.D. 110]).

Does that sound like ANY Protestant sect who denies that the Eucharist is the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Christ as the Catholic Church does??
I will stick with the book of acts

Since it is inspired and trustworthy

I know. You like History. Just like Israel did. They used it against Christ, It did them no better than you using it will against me.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will stick with the book of acts
Since it is inspired and trustworthy
I know. You like History. Just like Israel did. They used it against Christ, It did them no better than you using it will against me.
Not sure what that means.
Ignatius was part of the Church described in Acts of the Apostles. He learned at the feet of an Apostle.

As Christians - we do not "reject" history - especially where it compliments Scripture..

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would highly suggest you read your bible we are only justified once and one time only.. declared righteous all our sins are forgiven. covered by the blood. after being justified we are then sanctified { set apart -- made holy} we become a work in progress . your legalist view os out of touch.saved by grace is so easy a young child can understand the need
Can you show me where the Bible makes this claim?
I can't seem to find that verse . . .

Dave M

Mar 28, 2020
Eastern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

so many churches teach the part about believe in the son, and leave out the part of obedience. the truth is out there, just not at many churches today. they say things like.

Nothing can separate us from the Love of God, yet I am pretty sure sin separates us from God, yes it a nice feel good message, but is it fair to the person who has not been born again??

believe in Jesus and be saved, that is straight from the bible, yet in other parts of the bible it gives us validation of what really believing means, I dare say most who say it are not born again, I know I said it most of my life and not until 2016 was I actually born again.

You never here them preach on the wrath of God or hell, or the obedience required by Jesus of his followers.

Reactions: BreadOfLife

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what that means.
Ignatius was part of the Church described in Acts of the Apostles. He learned at the feet of an Apostle.

As Christians - we do not "reject" history - especially where it compliments Scripture..
Many people were described in acts as believers who later became false teachers

and I looked in the book of acts, his name is not mentioned. So all you have is hearsay..

If he followed and was a true follower of an apostle, he would have carried on what the apostles did in the book of acts,

but that does not matter, the book of acts showed us what church looked like, your church does not even closely resemble that. Again I will go with the book of acts,

if a god wanted us to here from Ignacio us he would have included his writing in scripture

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

so many churches teach the part about believe in the son, and leave out the part of obedience. the truth is out there, just not at many churches today. they say things like.

Nothing can separate us from the Love of God, yet I am pretty sure sin separates us from God, yes it a nice feel good message, but is it fair to the person who has not been born again??

believe in Jesus and be saved, that is straight from the bible, yet in other parts of the bible it gives us validation of what really believing means, I dare say most who say it are not born again, I know I said it most of my life and not until 2016 was I actually born again.

You never here them preach on the wrath of God or hell, or the obedience required by Jesus of his followers.
Unless your perfect, you deserve hell

nothing but faith can bring us into Gods family

those saved, as paul,said, he who began a good work WILL complete it

let’s trust god that he will sanctify his children, not might,

let’s trust God, and stop trusting men and ourselves

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people were described in acts as believers who later became false teachers
and I looked in the book of acts, his name is not mentioned. So all you have is hearsay..
If he followed and was a true follower of an apostle, he would have carried on what the apostles did in the book of acts,
but that does not matter, the book of acts showed us what church looked like, your church does not even closely resemble that. Again I will go with the book of acts,
if a god wanted us to here from Ignacio us he would have included his writing in scripture
Do you realize how absolutely inane your statement in RED is?
The very SAME could be said about EVERY one of your Protestant Fathers in the 16th century . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless your perfect, you deserve hell
nothing but faith can bring us into Gods family

those saved, as paul,said, he who began a good work WILL complete it
let’s trust god that he will sanctify his children, not might,
let’s trust God, and stop trusting men and ourselves
And without obedience - you don't have faith.
Obedience is an essential element of faith.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
"Block" me all you want.
However - if you can't present PROOF for the following statement - then it goes on record here that it is nothing more than a LIE:

"...the established fact that there are more male and female prostitutes in the Vatican than in any other red light district anywhere else in the world?"

A little advice:
Don't
say things that you can't substantiate. It's embarrassing . . .
Kick a barrel of acid you get splashed with acid.