The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Um no your missing the point

if I go get drunk and get into a vehicle and drive and get killed in the process. I have com tied a deadly sin (physical death)

if I say a white lie, or get drunk or commit any other sin, according to the law of God, I deserve spiritual death (the penalty of sin is death). Hence I better received the gift of God, or I will suffer what I deserve, death.

your church does not comprehend this biblical fact, that’s why I An not accept your church
In 1John 5: 16, “sin which is deadly” refers not to sin that causes physical death, but to sin that leads to spiritual death. Catholics understand what this verse is referring to - mortal (deadly) and venial (not deadly) sins. Examples of mortal sins are murder, adultery, abortion - sins that, if left unforgiven (see John 20:21-23, 1John 1:9), will land the sinner in Hell, which is spiritual death.

There are lesser sins that don’t deserve the same punishment as mortal sins and won’t land the sinner in Hell if left unforgiven - for example, stealing a pen from your place of employment doesn’t deserve the same punishment as murdering someone.

Now getting back to my original point … one cannot understand what 1John 5:16-17 means if one relies solely on the Scriptures. Only through Church teaching can one make sense of this passage.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus said, “he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day” (John 6:54). Unless you belong to the Catholic (or Orthodox) Church, you cannot eat Christ’s flesh and drink His blood.

To love Christ is to love and obey His Catholic Church.
Oh jeesh now teh catholic church has become God

Rev 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not all men will be judged
Really? If that is so, explain why Peter warns believers that God will judge their deeds (1Peter 1:17).

Then explain why Paul says, “For WE must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ” (2Cor 5:10). Obviously, “WE” includes all believers - and Paul himself.
some have already being judged
What do you mean?
the religious, woudl rather be judged because religion is all about performance and you all want to have Him pat you on the back and say, ahh there there good little boys.
What you call “performance” matters a great deal to salvation - Peter warns believers to conduct their lives “with fear” because God will judge their “deeds” (1Peter 1:17).

Paul also tells believers that they will be judged according to their deeds/works/”performance”:
“For WE must ALL appear before the judgement seat of Christ, so that each one may receive good or evil, according to what he has DONE IN THE BODY.” (2Cor 5:10).
the religious, woudl rather be judged because religion is all about performance and you all want to have Him pat you on the back and say, ahh there there good little boys.
Oh, you mean like this: “Well done, good and faithful servant … enter into the joy of your master” (Matt 25:21)?
but so few persue after Christ
There are millions of Catholics who pursue after Christ

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says clearly that the Creator in Heaven REVEALS THIS to "little children" and HIDES IT (and hides salvation) from the educated ones.

That leaves out in the darkness the ones you have posted that you trust in, the ones opposed to Jesus and contrary to all Scripture ....

The "church teaching" you have espoused is very misleading, confusing, deceptive, and wrong.

Now getting back to my original point … one cannot understand what 1John 5:16-17 means if one relies solely on the Scriptures. Only through Church teaching can one make sense of this passage.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What you call “performance” matters a great deal to salvation - Peter warns believers to conduct their lives “with fear” because God will judge their “deeds” (1Peter 1:17).
No it doesnt, what do you think you can do that is greater or even close to what Christ did, do you think what you "do" will get you into heaven, if it does than Christ died for nothing, for your deeds would have to be greater than His.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What has the NT got to do with teh catholic church
It was the Catholic Church alone that decided which books would make up the NT. So please explain why God chose what you call a "harlot … antichrist" Church to decide the contents of the NT.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And post a complete LIE like the following - and you'll be exposed for lying . . .

"...the established fact that there are more male and female prostitutes in the Vatican than in any other red light district anywhere else in the world?"

I'll bet you WISH you never made this ridiculous claim . . .
Paul has a real talent for comic entertainment.

Reactions: BreadOfLife

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It was the Catholic Church alone that decided which books would make up the NT. So please explain why God chose what you call a "harlot … antichrist" Church to decide the contents of the NT.
God didnt men did, did you see God there among the men deciding what the considered scriptural and not, if God had done it, there would only be one version. God doesnt make mistakes neither does He need correcting. and He can use that what was meant for evil for good. JUst as your church tried to use it, and quiet successfully, to condemn the people and lead them into bondage, God can and does use it to set peopple free.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I said I listen to the inspired word, and your argument is protestant fathers?

I could care less what they say, I do not follow them

I follow the inspired word, not men.
You DO follow men - ie, yourself. You are "the Church" because it's only your interpretation of the Bible that really matters. Since you are "the Church", you must be the "fullness" of Christ (Eph 1:22-23).

Are you the "fullness" of Christ? I don' think so.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
people who have true faith WILL have works, even paul said this in eph 2:10. But in the same chPter he said faith alone, no work lest anyone should boat, you want to boast, feel free

I will boast in christ
The boasting verse is referring to good works ALONE (ie, without faith) - it is not referring to good works done with faith. Doing good works in Christ is simply keeping His commandments, and obedience to them is done out of love for Christ, not for boasting -
"If you love me, you will keep my commandments" (John 14:15).

We abide in Christ by keeping His commandments:
“If you keep my commandments you will abide in my love” (John 15:9);
“All who keep His commandments abide in Him, and He in them.” (1John 3:24).

So unless you perform good works, by keeping His commandments", you cannot abide in Christ … and this will be your end:
“If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers, and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned … (John 15:6)

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Follow Jesus"

He is ALWAYS in PERFECT HARMONY with SCRIPTURE.
... which cannot be said for those humans who try to interpret Scripture for themselves. There are literally thousands of different churches, denominations and sects in the world because people have different interpretations of Scripture.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... which cannot be said for those humans who try to interpret Scripture for themselves. There are literally thousands of different churches, denominations and sects in the world because people have different interpretations of Scripture.
Who said the humans were in harmony at all, or that they were in Christ at all ?
From 312 a.d. or so, humans have made a total mess, those humans opposed to and rejecting God's Truth .....

God knew this would happen, as written in His Word "there are many anti-christs among us" already in the first century as God Himself was breathing/ inspiring Scripture. God Himself took care of His Word, and guarded His Word, and today writes it on a few hearts (Romans 2)....

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wrong

Romans 4.

your misinterpretation of James 4 does not help you

people who have true faith WILL have works, even paul said this in eph 2:10. But in the same chPter he said faith alone, no work lest anyone should boat, you want to boast, feel free

I will boast in christ
Ahhhhh, so you DO believe in the false, man-made 16th century invention of Sola Fide (Faith Alone).
I thought you said you didn't??

By the way - Eph. 2 NEVER mentions "faith alone". And the "works" it is talking about are works of the LAW (Mosaic) - and NOT the works God prepared for followers of Christ in advance. THOSE are the works we cannot boast of because they were prepared for us in advance by GOD.

The ONLY place in ALL of Scripture where we see the phrase "faith alone" is in James 2:24, where it explicitly states:
James 2:24
You see that a person is justified by works and NOT BY FAITH ALONE.

Reactions: RogerDC

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No it doesnt, what do you think you can do that is greater or even close to what Christ did, do you think what you "do" will get you into heaven, if it does than Christ died for nothing, for your deeds would have to be greater than His.
So according to your own logic, if faith saves you, that means your faith is greater than what Christ did.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who said the humans were in harmony at all, or that they were in Christ at all ?
From 312 a.d. or so, humans have made a total mess, those humans opposed to and rejecting God's Truth .....

God knew this would happen, as written in His Word "there are many anti-christs among us" already in the first century as God Himself was breathing/ inspiring Scripture. God Himself took care of His Word, and guarded His Word, and today writes it on a few hearts (Romans 2)....
Is your interpretation of Scripture correct in every respect? If not, who interprets Scripture correctly?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So according to your own logic, if faith saves you, that means your faith is greater than what Christ did.
Well the bible says,
Mar_11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

Rom_1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Gal_3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Most important

Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Reactions: amadeus