The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kick a barrel of acid you get splashed with acid.
And post a complete LIE like the following - and you'll be exposed for lying . . .

"...the established fact that there are more male and female prostitutes in the Vatican than in any other red light district anywhere else in the world?"

I'll bet you WISH you never made this ridiculous claim . . .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you realize how absolutely inane your statement in RED is?
The very SAME could be said about EVERY one of your Protestant Fathers in the 16th century . . .
Do you realize how absolutely insane Your statement in blue is

I said I listen to the inspired word, and your argument is protestant fathers?

I could care less what they say, I do not follow them

I follow the inspired word, not men. I may agree with some of what they say, but I use the word to test, not them

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you realize how absolutely insane Your statement in blue is
I said I listen to the inspired word, and your argument is protestant fathers?
I could care less what they say, I do not follow them
I follow the inspired word, not men. I may agree with some of what they say, but I use the word to test, not them
Do you believe in Sola Scriptura?
How about Sola Fide?

Then, yes, you DO follow them . . .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe in Sola Scriptura?
How about Sola Fide?

Then, yes, you DO follow them . . .
No.
I follow the word of god,

if I here anyone, I test what they say with the word

if it agrees, I will listen to them in that area

if what they say does not agree with scripture. I will not follow them in that area,

god left us the word to test all spirits

you follow men,

good luck with that

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
I follow the word of god,

if I here anyone, I test what they say with the word

if it agrees, I will listen to them in that area

if what they say does not agree with scripture. I will not follow them in that area,

god left us the word to test all spirits

you follow men,

good luck with that
Sooooo - do you believe in sola Fide or Sola Scriptura??
Because NEITHER can be proven from Scripture so you learned it somewhere other than the Bible . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong

Faith causes obedience

faith is what empowers us to obey

While there is no such thing as faith alone, obedience is not included with faith, it is a result of faith
WRONG.
It is an essential element of faith - along with belief (James 2:14-25, Gal. 5:6).

Reactions: RogerDC

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo - do you believe in sola Fide or Sola Scriptura??
Because NEITHER can be proven from Scripture so you learned it somewhere other than the Bible . . .
I gave you my answer, I am sorry you cannot comprehend

Your doing what most catholics do and making a strawman argument

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.
It is an essential element of faith - along with belief (James 2:14-25, Gal. 5:6).

wrong

Romans 4.

your misinterpretation of James 4 does not help you

people who have true faith WILL have works, even paul said this in eph 2:10. But in the same chPter he said faith alone, no work lest anyone should boat, you want to boast, feel free

I will boast in christ

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you my answer, I am sorry you cannot comprehend
Your doing what most catholics do and making a strawman argument
Actually - you didn't.

You only gave a partial answer when you said there is "no such thing as faith alone".
HOWEVER
- you have implied that you are a Sola Scripturist - which cannot be reconciled with Scripture itself.

You claimed that "god left us the word to test all spirits".
God ALSO left us with His Church to which He gave SUPREME Authority on earth. He declared that WHATEVER the Church bound or loosed on earth would also be bound and loosed in Heaven (Matt. 16:19, Matt. 18:15-18, John 20:21-23).

Scripture calls Christ's Church the FULLNESS of Him (Eph. 1:22-23) and the pillar and foundation of truth (2 Tim. 2:15).
Christ equates His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - you didn't.

You only gave a partial answer when you said there is "no such thing as faith alone".
HOWEVER
- you have implied that you are a Sola Scripturist - which cannot be reconciled with Scripture itself.

You claimed that "god left us the word to test all spirits".
God ALSO left us with His Church to which He gave SUPREME Authority on earth. He declared that WHATEVER the Church bound or loosed on earth would also be bound and loosed in Heaven (Matt. 16:19, Matt. 18:15-18, John 20:21-23).

Scripture calls Christ's Church the FULLNESS of Him (Eph. 1:22-23) and the pillar and foundation of truth (2 Tim. 2:15).
Christ equates His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).
One thing is for sure

you are not honest.

I never claimed sola anything

your so stuck in everything your church tells you you can not even support your own arguments

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing is for sure

you are not honest.

I never claimed sola anything

your so stuck in everything your church tells you you can not even support your own arguments
You said that you only appeal to Scripture for your answers - so that makes you a Sola Scripturist.

Was I mistaken? Do you have another Authority you appeal to??

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Follow Jesus"

He is ALWAYS in PERFECT HARMONY with SCRIPTURE.

Not opposed to any Scripture like man's religion is.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ye says someone who denies his churches antichrist past and future. You will never be able to say " I didnt know" because it has being written down since you religions conception. The great harlot,
Since the New Testament is a Catholic document, and since you believe the Catholic Church is a “harlot”, shouldn’t you call the NT, “the Harlot Testament”, or something like that?

Reactions: BreadOfLife

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"pray to Mary instead of Him" is a constant misperception because you do not, or refuse to understand, what "my soul magnifies the Lord" means. (Luke 1:46).
Therein lies at least one reason why every Christian needs the Church to explain the Scriptures.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Since the New Testament is a Catholic document, and since you believe the Catholic Church is a “harlot”, shouldn’t you call the NT, “the Harlot Testament”, or something like that?
What has the NT got to do with teh catholic church, take a murderer and get him to put a plaster on ones leg, he is still a murderer. a whore will always be a whore, no matter what clothes she wears or what deeds she does,

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mate, this is religion, it stands in complete opposition to the things of God, but people flock to it like mcdonalds to get there weekly feed,

Joh 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
Joh 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Joh 6:34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
Joh 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Jesus said, “he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day” (John 6:54). Unless you belong to the Catholic (or Orthodox) Church, you cannot eat Christ’s flesh and drink His blood.

but they have lost there first love and refuse or simply dont know they can go to Him who is our life and our life is in Him.
To love Christ is to love and obey His Catholic Church.