The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not looked into my views long enough to determine that. I believe in a distinction between the members of the Godhead.

And if I am emphasizing the Oneness of the three in order to win Oneness Pentecostals to the truth (of the divine Trinity) and/or win Tritheists to the reality of the Oneness in the Tri-Unity of God, you should not be so quick to judge, lest you hinder that work.

I don't feel an ounce of anger over anything you have said...but rather I have called you out on your stinky attitude out of love for you...in the hopes that you might repent.

And of course, Proverbs 26:4-5 is currently in play.

The question arises over whether Matthias was truly the apostolic successor of Judas or whether it was in fact Paul. Evidence points to the fact that it was indeed Paul.

In which case, his apostleship was based on the fact that he received the Holy Ghost through baptism...
The 2000 year-old doctrine of the Trinity states that:
The Father is GOD, but is NOT the Son or the Holy Spirit.
The Son is GOD, but is NOT the Father or the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is GOD, but is NOT the Father or the Son.

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are THREE distinct Persons in ONE God.
The Father is ALWAYS the Father
The Son is ALWAYS the Son.
The Holy Spirit is ALWAYS the Holy Spirit.

If YOUR definition is different – you have invented a different god and you are in heresy . . .

As for Paul and Matthias – they were BOTH Apostles – and Matthias succeeded Judas, as we read in Acts 1:20.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe it’s not salvation they’re rejecting, maybe the presentation needs work?
I will not apologize for my presentation containing the quotation of holy scripture...

For I believe that it is God's way of winning souls, that He plants the seed of the word of the Lord in people's hearts.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people feel that way about this kind of statement...it is nevertheless the statement of those who know that they know the truth that brings salvation and who also know that they are preaching it to the lost.
What a pathetic display of arrogance . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 2000 year-old doctrine of the Trinity states that:
It is actually only about 1600 years old.

And the Bible is the presiding factor that determines what I will believe about the Trinity.

If tradition indicates a different doctrine than what the Bible indicates, I will go with the Bible, even though I be judged as an heretic...

Act 24:14, But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find that there is a difference between those who are walking down the narrow path, and those who will look at you with narrow eyes...

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is actually only about 1600 years old.

And the Bible is the presiding factor that determines what I will believe about the Trinity.

If tradition indicates a different doctrine than what the Bible indicates, I will go with the Bible, even though I be judged as an heretic...

Act 24:14, But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
The "Law and the Prophets" refers to the Old Testament.

The teaching of the Trinity is over 2000 years old. It was formally DEFINED about 1650 years ago . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find that there is a difference between those who are walking down the narrow path, and those who will look at you with narrow eyes...
And YOU need to stop judging people's hearts.
That is SOLELY for God (1 Kings 8:39).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And YOU need to stop judging people's hearts.
That is SOLELY for God (1 Kings 8:39).
1Co 12:7, But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
1Co 12:8, For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:9, To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:10, To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1Co 12:11, But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Co 12:7, But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
1Co 12:8, For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:9, To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:10, To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1Co 12:11, But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
And yet NONE of these verses gives you the right to judge people’s souls and condemn them to Hell for not listening to YOUR message.
Matt. 7:1-2 warns you –
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

We are to judge a person’s FRUITNOT their heart or soul.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not the one.condemning people to Hell for not listening to "MY message" . . .
But you are obviously greater than me in your own eyes, since you are the one who is schooling me...

And what you fail to realize is that the thing that you call arrogance is not in fact arrogance.

It is a certainty that I have studied to shew myself approved, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. It is a certainty that I have salvation and that others can be saved through the same means that the Lord has saved me.

(And verily I say to you, you need to get saved...)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you are obviously greater than me in your own eyes, since you are the one who is schooling me...

And what you fail to realize is that the thing that you call arrogance is not in fact arrogance.

It is a certainty that I have studied to shew myself approved, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. It is a certainty that I have salvation and that others can be saved through the same means that the Lord has saved me.

(And verily I say to you, you need to get saved...)
More arrogance . . .