The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like my 1 year old grandson in my pic here(upper left)needs to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of his sins so God can fill him with the Holy Ghost too?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like my 1 year old grandson in my pic here(upper left)needs to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of his sins so God can fill him with the Holy Ghost too?
Amen; as soon as he reaches the age of accountability he'd better do it.

Reactions: Truther

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can have a baby dedication like what happened with Samuel (with mother, Hannah).

Wait for faith to develop before baptizing a person.

Last edited:

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible teaches one mediator(confessor etc) between God and man, the man Christ Jesus.
The RCC teaches 2 mediators between God and man, the priest and the man Christ Jesus.
The Catholic Church teaches that no one comes to the Father except through Jesus Christ, and that due to the Incarnation (God became man) and the Redemption (the Cross), Jesus is the unique Mediator between God and man. The priest to whom we Catholics confess our sins to is a man - between that man and God is the Mediator, Jesus Christ.

Below Jesus there are sub-mediators - for example, God spoke only to Moses on Mt. Sinai, so Moses was a mediator between God and the Chosen People.
Why did the RCC add another mediator, replacing our savior as our confessor?
The Catholic Church didn’t invent the practice of confessing sins to a priest - Jesus did, when this happened:
"Jesus said to them again, ‘Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.’ And when he has said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, 'Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained'" (John 20:21-23)

The Catholic Church merely continues the tradition of the Sacrament that Jesus instigated. The Church didn’t replace Jesus as the one Mediator - that is your ignorant and misinformed view of it.

Last edited:

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh really? Sorry me, I didn't realize that we were saved by an 'ism'.
There is no “ism” in “Jesus Christ”.

1Tim 3:15 says the “Church” is the “pillar and foundation of the truth” - so, where is this Church? Please don’t insult my intelligence by responding with, “The Church is the body of all believers”, because “the body of all believers” believes all sorts of different doctrines that often don’t agree - all sorts of different doctrines that often don’t agree is not “the truth”, because there can be only one truth.

So the “Church” teaches only one set of doctrines - please identify this Church whose doctrines teach the one, unified truth?

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you do not hold the blood of Jesus Christ to be all-sufficient to bring forgiveness, your soul is in mortal danger.
What do mean by “the blood of Jesus Christ” is “all-sufficient to bring forgiveness”? Does that mean the Cross has covered and granted forgiveness for all the sins a believer will ever commit in his life-time?
Sins can be confessed to the Lord in heaven according to that verse...a priest isn't needed.
In that case, how do you explain this? …
"Jesus said to them again, ‘Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.’ And when he has said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, 'Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained'" (John 20:21-23).

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Lord provided a black box for us to go in and tell our sins to another sinner one day a week?
Which verse says one cannot confess one's sins to a priest in "a black box"? Or is this another man-made law you've invented?

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I learned about the tabernacle steps in 1979. I saw the various steps of the O.T. tabernacle duplicated by the RCC services I attended on Sundays.
Which Catholic document verifies your interpretation of events? I'd be a fool to accept your almost-certainly-biased interpretation as the truth.

They dress in priestly garments.
Which Bible verse says a priest cannot wear priestly garments?

They have a "baptismal" dipping basin upon entering
Which Bible verse bans baptismal basins in a church building?

They have candles lit(fake Candle Sticks per inside the tabernacle).
Which Bible verse says "Thou shalt burn candles in a church"?

They have a miniature Holy of Holies on the platform. etc.
Which Bible verse bans placing wafers in a little box in a church?

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As a matter of fact, the RCC is clearly the Harlot of the book of Rev.

It's ruled from Rome.

At the return of Jesus Christ, Rome will burn before the world as a memorial of the false Christian church and will never be inhabited for the entire 1000 years.

It is scriptural fact
Oh, I believe you - I've learnt to greatly respect your opinion. But at what stage do the Little Green Men in their flying saucers come into the picture?

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here is the OT curse you are putting Jesus under....
15 Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!
16 Thou art filled with shame for glory: drink thou also, and let thy foreskin be uncovered: the cup of the Lord's right hand shall be turned unto thee, and shameful spewing shall be on thy glory.

Jesus gave his neighbor an alcohol drink?
You seem to have overlooked the part that says "and makest him drunken also".

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the priest is a mediator between the faithful and Jesus.
Really!

Bible....
There is one God and one mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus.

RCC....
There is one God in 3 persons, and one mediator between Jesus and man, the priest.

Whoah !

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I believe you - I've learnt to greatly respect your opinion. But at what stage do the Little Green Men in their flying saucers come into the picture?
Your church is found in Rev 17 and wiped out by God in chapter 18.
You should be proud of your RCC church of Rome because it covers 2 chapters in the Bible.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no “ism” in “Jesus Christ”.

1Tim 3:15 says the “Church” is the “pillar and foundation of the truth” - so, where is this Church? Please don’t insult my intelligence by responding with, “The Church is the body of all believers”, because “the body of all believers” believes all sorts of different doctrines that often don’t agree - all sorts of different doctrines that often don’t agree is not “the truth”, because there can be only one truth.

So the “Church” teaches only one set of doctrines - please identify this Church whose doctrines teach the one, unified truth?

Here is what you wrote yesterday...
Catholicism is the religion that Jesus Christ founded, through which God personally reaches down in His mercy and saves man.
So you inserted the 'ism'.
The Body of Christ gets splintered for two reasons.
1) false teaching which strays from Scripture.
2) Our own limitedness...
For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
(1Co 13:12)
It's easy to follow a cult leader that spoon-feeds you everything.
Did I say 'the Church teaches only one set of doctrines'?
The Truth is found in the Scriptures which point to Jesus Christ...the Way, the Truth, the Life.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which Catholic document verifies your interpretation of events? I'd be a fool to accept your almost-certainly-biased interpretation as the truth.

Which Bible verse says a priest cannot wear priestly garments?

Which Bible verse bans baptismal basins in a church building?

Which Bible verse says "Thou shalt burn candles in a church"?

Which Bible verse bans placing wafers in a little box in a church?
......An admission that you are copying the tabernacle ritual of the priest of the OT during mass.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Henry VIII was "fighting back" when he murdered 72,000 Catholics in England?
You're not very bright, are you . . .
Apart from being a psychopathic murderer of multiple wives and 72,000 Catholics, and being a rank heretic, King Henry VIII was a fine man.