The Oddities of different teachings through organization(s).

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you again for being a willing participant in talking to me about these things, but my view would greatly differ from the people who still haven't seen the Victory of the Lord Jesus Christ. All people need help and the greatest thing is to allow people to have freedom to make their own choice. The only one who gets us out of bondage, is by and through the Lord Jesus Christ, and his helping, with prayer and to seek God out in faith.

There are many people who are still lost, and still need to be set free in liberty, but that will take for us to live by the spirit, humble before God, and to ask him to help us as we go about this life, living for God, putting him first in all things, and having love for others.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool brother. I differ, and love you.

I believe all of Revelation 1-20 has come to fruition, so I don't except to be judged like those who were judged in their Age, for having the Son of God killed and put to death. Though we will have judgement upon death, and move on to the Realm of God, the Heavenly Realm. Revelation 21-22 are pictures for us to learn from in my opinion.

From the UR to Preterism! How is it possible for Revelation to be fulfilled when the Scripture says at His coming every eye shall see Him come down out of heaven, and yet there is not a single person in history who has recorded this?

Talk about foolishness!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is due to improper study. That is the truth of the matter my friend.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recommend this video but people will believe what they want.

When it comes to those who would see Him, it would be those in that land at the time. Those who were watching and waiting as Jesus Christ instructed his disciples.

But people don't believe it because its impossible for people to believe in faith that Jesus did come and those who were watching and waiting did see him, and they were changed in the twilikling of the eye as promised. In their day in age which was promised to come to an end.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth does sting a bit and people do not like when truth is presented because it disrupts the beliefs one may have.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is due to improper study. That is the truth of the matter my fri

I recommend this video but people will believe what they want.

When it comes to those who would see Him, it would be those in that land at the time. Those who were watching and waiting as Jesus Christ instructed his disciples.

But people don't believe it because its impossible for people to believe in faith that Jesus did come and those who were watching and waiting did see him, and they were changed in the twilikling of the eye as promised. In their day in age which was promised to come to an end.

And no historian took the time to record the most catastrophic event in history?

• Wow
Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, because the historians were unbelievers. They would not have seen him come. Only those who believed would.

So thus I believe by faith that yes, they did see him come back, and they were taken away.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hebrews 11:1

New International Version

Faith in Action​

11 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is another suggestion from Glenn Hill who taught for along time on the second coming and decide that He did come back and return.

Cheap book about 12$, but again it stands in the face of ones own belief.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe people should be liberated, but I believe church organizations can tend to lend to bondage. Keeping them from the total truth, and simply going in and church Wednesday, and Sunday or whatever they do. the Bible along with contextual study, diving into the greek and Hebrew, and everything and to come the learn the victory of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the history along with the contents and context of the Bible that reveal the Destruction even promised by Jesus came to in 70Ad, and there are historians that write about the events that Jesus proclaimed would come to happen.

But alas that is a daunting task as it is, freedom of what men may say, and freedom in Christ that leads to freedom from bondage.

Its not all about our feelings or our beliefs, it is what is the truth of the scripture with a capital T, what was all the purpose that Jesus had came, and what has he done, and did he even return as promised?

Which we would should seek out God in spirit and in truth, that is who God seeks to worship him.

John 4:
Jesus and the Samaritan Woman
…23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.” 25The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When He comes, He will explain everything to us.”…

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, because the historians were unbelievers. They would not have seen him come. Only those who believed would.

So thus I believe by faith that yes, they did see him come back, and they were taken away.

Even the scholars that created this lie can't prove anything they say! It's the same as the UR thing, there is nothing from Scripture that leads us to believe even the remote possibility of that happening.

Both are theories without any support of Scripture whatsoever. And you are teaching this without that evidence!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the scholars that created this lie can't prove anything they say! It's the same as the UR thing, there is nothing from Scripture that leads us to believe even the remote possibility of that happening.

Both are theories without any support of Scripture whatsoever. And you are teaching this without that evidence!

the Bible is clear though about the Apostles suggesting for the people they wrote to watch and wait, so can not say they were not waiting for the Lord Jesus Christ to return.

So I can't help someone who won't consider the truth of the matter ya know?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To pull out an earlier thought… The Mind and the Heart are 16” Apart…If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. - 1 John 1:5

Unfortunately, though, the light and the darkness interact here on planet Earth...Comparing the light and the darkness, the opposite of E/c2 would be z (absolute zero)/ c (darkness)...

Natural z/d - Nothing, empty space.
Mental z/d - Again nothing but empty space.
Spiritual z/d - z (laziness, coldness, hatred) / d (fear, despair, greed, sorrow)

A correct spiritual E/c2 is an important ally in any faith. Which is why I became a Christian, because I found something of spiritual value.

But… Because the mind and the heart are 16” apart… One can understand doctrine and still miss it spiritually…

“It is the heart which perceives God and not the reason. That is what faith is: God perceived by the heart, not by the reason.” - Blaise Pascal

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@rockytopva,

While it true, a person can understand doctrine, and miss spiritual principles.

That doesn't mean that you can not understand doctrine, be able to share it, and still live a life by the spirit.

Not sure I agree with Blaise Pascal, as the reason to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ is to be set free in the light, though even our mind/heart/emotion/will can be in darkness. It is only when the light is shined in the darkness, that the healing process can start by looking at oneself and the darkness that lies with-in them.

That was the biggest change for me as when I started to seek for Christ I realized there was darkness in my heart/mind that needed to be healing.

Still am I a work in process, but so is everyone else.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 3:13-14

I must say here... I have not arrived! I also have a long way to go!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 3:13-14

I must say here... I have not arrived! I also have a long way to go!

How true that is, a resurrection that is better than the rest. Is that something one desires? Its up to them. That was what Paul was running for. It is a better resurrection than the normal one, which is gifted to people who are of faith, perhaps still children and perhaps I am still a child of God and not a full son of God yet.

Love to you friend, amen.

Reactions: rockytopva

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Bible is clear though about the Apostles suggesting for the people they wrote to watch and wait, so can not say they were not waiting for the Lord Jesus Christ to return.

So I can't help someone who won't consider the truth of the matter ya know?

@rockytopva,

While it true, a person can understand doctrine, and miss spiritual principles.

That doesn't mean that you can not understand doctrine, be able to share it, and still live a life by the spirit.

Not sure I agree with Blaise Pascal, as the reason to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ is to be set free in the light, though even our mind/heart/emotion/will can be in darkness. It is only when the light is shined in the darkness, that the healing process can start by looking at oneself and the darkness that lies with-in them.

That was the biggest change for me as when I started to seek for Christ I realized there was darkness in my heart/mind that needed to be healing.

Still am I a work in process, but so is everyone else.

Thank God our salvation does not depend on correct doctrine, but by faith in Christ.

• Love

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank God our salvation does not depend on correct doctrine, but by faith in Christ.
Salvation is only for those who have been born again by God's Holy Spirit, no one else qualifies.
You have to ask yourself where does that faith to believe come from, yourself or Christ.

I got the answer for you it is given-granted to you by the Father to be a believer.
Philippians 1
27 Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel, 28 and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but [f]to you of salvation, and that from God.

29 For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake, 30 having the same conflict which you saw in me and now hear is in me.

John 6
64 But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him. 65 And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”

66 From that time many of His disciples went [p]back and walked with Him no more. 67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?”

68 But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also we have come to believe and know that You are the [q]Christ, the Son of the living God.”

Romans 12
3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.

Acts 3:16
And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith which comes through Him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Romans 8 God granted you to belong to Christ to build the family of God. so that Christ would have children-followers.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.