The Oddities of different teachings through organization(s).

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please read everything posted before commenting - Thank you ! - Matthew

Firstly,

As per my signature, there is a website link that is a website based on a schooling of teaching on the gospels, and the letters of the Bible. I am not telling anyone to go to it and believe it and trust everything that the person may say on there. The thing is that through organizations or congregations many of the times, the filter of understanding simply comes from mans understanding and no reliance on the Spirit, which is given to us as believers to help understand spiritual things that come in and through filtered by the Bible itself. Be it from the Old Testament and the Apostolic Record (which people called the New Testament).

All through the Bible there are mentions of the things about spiritual things, seeking the Kingdom, seeking in faith which God rewards for those who seek him out in faith.

Does that sound right to you? The thing is the Bible, is needed to explain the spiritual things of what is come by and through after leaving this world, but also what is given while living in this world (such as the Holy Spirit that is given by God through faith in Christ in which one can actually have peace with God even though going through the world they will have struggles - Romans 5:1-10).

What I have found interesting is that people can place human beings as God, as they are the ones from the pulpit who are right, and that anything anyone else may say are wrong, and going against someone who taught you differently.

Does that sound right to you? That even a person who is teaching from the pulpit, they should be fully trusted? As the flesh from the Bible is said to be faulty, in the sense that there is nothing good with-in the flesh. However, can a person who is on a pulpit and teaching, use the Holy Spirit with-in them, and the Spirit of christ with-in them when they explain things as they go line upon line, also checking scripture against scripture?

Can a human being wrong about what they are teaching, and it not line up by and through the spirit? Is it not the spirit, which brings forth truth at least as close as one can get it to?

In the end through odd belief systems taught by organizations through their own 'flesh', we are called to love others by and through Spirit, and to be graceful towards them, and try to share with them the truths of the Bible, but if they reject all one can do is still love them either way, without having to dogmatic on them.

As at the end of the day, I can not judge anyone in what they choose to believe, but can lovingly share by the spirit the truth that has been made known by the scripture, however it is up to them if they will accept the scriptures, by and through hope that the Spirit is leading them to the truth.

What are your thoughts on these things?

I personally say do not believe anything I say, do not believe anything that the person from the www.cult.love website may say, but see what the Bible says, see what history says and the history of what was going on during the Biblical times to see what is truly being said with-in the context and scope via the Bible, and to look and test all things by the Spirit as we are told to do, 1 Thessalonians 5. Go to God in prayer, asking for wisdom and do not doubt him, and may he open up your mind to the spiritual understandings and bless you in the grace and truth that comes from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Reactions: ScottA

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please read everything posted before commenting - Thank you ! - Matthew

Firstly,

As per my signature, there is a website link that is a website based on a schooling of teaching on the gospels, and the letters of the Bible. I am not telling anyone to go to it and believe it and trust everything that the person may say on there. The thing is that through organizations or congregations many of the times, the filter of understanding simply comes from mans understanding and no reliance on the Spirit, which is given to us as believers to help understand spiritual things that come in and through filtered by the Bible itself. Be it from the Old Testament and the Apostolic Record (which people called the New Testament).

All through the Bible there are mentions of the things about spiritual things, seeking the Kingdom, seeking in faith which God rewards for those who seek him out in faith.

Does that sound right to you? The thing is the Bible, is needed to explain the spiritual things of what is come by and through after leaving this world, but also what is given while living in this world (such as the Holy Spirit that is given by God through faith in Christ in which one can actually have peace with God even though going through the world they will have struggles - Romans 5:1-10).

What I have found interesting is that people can place human beings as God, as they are the ones from the pulpit who are right, and that anything anyone else may say are wrong, and going against someone who taught you differently.

Does that sound right to you? That even a person who is teaching from the pulpit, they should be fully trusted? As the flesh from the Bible is said to be faulty, in the sense that there is nothing good with-in the flesh. However, can a person who is on a pulpit and teaching, use the Holy Spirit with-in them, and the Spirit of christ with-in them when they explain things as they go line upon line, also checking scripture against scripture?

Can a human being wrong about what they are teaching, and it not line up by and through the spirit? Is it not the spirit, which brings forth truth at least as close as one can get it to?

In the end through odd belief systems taught by organizations through their own 'flesh', we are called to love others by and through Spirit, and to be graceful towards them, and try to share with them the truths of the Bible, but if they reject all one can do is still love them either way, without having to dogmatic on them.

As at the end of the day, I can not judge anyone in what they choose to believe, but can lovingly share by the spirit the truth that has been made known by the scripture, however it is up to them if they will accept the scriptures, by and through hope that the Spirit is leading them to the truth.

What are your thoughts on these things?

I personally say do not believe anything I say, do not believe anything that the person from the www.cult.love website may say, but see what the Bible says, see what history says and the history of what was going on during the Biblical times to see what is truly being said with-in the context and scope via the Bible, and to look and test all things by the Spirit as we are told to do, 1 Thessalonians 5. Go to God in prayer, asking for wisdom and do not doubt him, and may he open up your mind to the spiritual understandings and bless you in the grace and truth that comes from the Lord Jesus Christ.

I'm sorry Matthew, but I have to just cut to the bottom line on this.

There are some here who teach contrary to sound doctrine. Am I to love these people? No, I'm not!

My Bible tells me to mark them/identify them and avoid them!

Rom. 16:17-18
"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple."

You yourself teach Preterism and Universal Salvation, that is believed by most here to be heresies!

Does not your conduct in your post fit the bill of "by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple?"

I can't go along with this, and it has to be stated firmly!

No one likes to be rejected, or be the one who rejects, but false teaching has to be taken seriously, and must be pointed out!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: MatthewG and Mr E

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe that you should just cut off all ties with others due to their not believing exactly as you do?

I’ll say that principle make sense but does one really have to do what Paul suggest here?

Can you still love your neighbor despite their theological differences?

That all depends I guess of course on you and what you believe is right. I believe we are called to love all people, because God loved all people he sent his Son.

Right?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me I believe it’s Jesus who brings forth freedom in truth, to be set free from the bondage of sin and death : though our flesh does fail from time to time; but we are given the ability to now live by the spirit.

Rom. 16:17-18
"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple."

Isn’t it all about serving the Lord Jesus and having him be the answer to a fallen world we live in and he brings forth new life by the spirit?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you see it that way, you see no wrong in what you teach!

Mixing a little truth with the false is always how it's done, Satan's trademark.

That would be the "good words and fair speech," exactly what you are doing right now.

• Wow
Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re the one though that seems to have a problem with what I present from the Bible though, sir.

Such as my beliefs of Jesus coming back, and the two places God has set up, for people outside the kingdom and their is place for those inside the kingdom.

So I do not understand where you get the authority to say that I’m wrong from what the Bible does state, as you are not God my friend. And perhaps I am wrong, but I don’t believe God is mad at me, or angry at me.

Yet my reasoning is not good enough for you to be supportive and loving towards me as a fellow brother in Christ? Even if you may see differently?

I don’t get it.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in a persons right to believe whatever they want to @Charlie24 if they believe people are going to hell, and still are going there today, that is fine, if they believe that God glories in burning people alive forever and ever? Fine believe that if a person wants to but I don’t think that is the overall picture God desires for us to see, especially with the victory of Christ which many, many people do not even believe he has had over spiritually death, sin, Satan, his angels, the false prophet, the beast, and fulfilling the law and becoming the new administration in which people who come to God are dealt with one on one in faith through grace on the risen savior. Where he pours out his laws on the hearts and mind of his people, lead by the spirit.

And this is not even a political stance, just what the Bible infers; @Charlie24.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re the one though that seems to have a problem with what I present from the Bible though, sir.

Such as my beliefs of Jesus coming back, and the two places God has set up, for people outside the kingdom and their is place for those inside the kingdom.

So I do not understand where you get the authority to say that I’m wrong from what the Bible does state, as you are not God my friend. And perhaps I am wrong, but I don’t believe God is mad at me, or angry at me.

Yet my reasoning is not good enough for you to be supportive and loving towards me as a fellow brother in Christ? Even if you may see differently?

I don’t get it.

You cant prove anything you teach, you have no Scripture for it that is in context with your beliefs.

That is the authority I claim against you, Matthew.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in a persons right to believe whatever they want to @Charlie24 if they believe people are going to hell, and still are going there today, that is fine, if they believe that God glories in burning people alive forever and ever? Fine believe that if a person wants to but I don’t think that is the overall picture God desires for us to see, especially with the victory of Christ which many, many people do not even believe he has had over spiritually death, sin, Satan, his angels, the false prophet, the beast, and fulfilling the law and becoming the new administration in which people who come to God are dealt with one on one in faith through grace on the risen savior. Where he pours out his laws on the hearts and mind of his people, lead by the spirit.

And this is not even a political stance, just what the Bible infers; @Charlie24.

You certainly do have the right to post your beliefs, regardless of what anyone else believes.

Are you trying to take away my rights to disagree with your beliefs?

• Wow

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so that is all you can say?

You’re right I can’t as I believe in faith, but historically you can see the promises of Jesus Christ come to fruition that aren’t part of the Bible from historians like Josephus, Tactius, Suetonius, and Cassio Dio.

That is what is all about though isn’t it
Living in this life living for Christ in faith that one day we will be resurrected and go on to the heavenly realm where God is?

I’ve used the Bible scripture to provide points about the revelation, but you suggest they don’t mean anything or they do? @Charlie24

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not mad about it @Charlie24 just challenging you, but what’s the point if we won’t agree anyway?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“I am the Alpha and the Omega — the Beginning and End — the First and the Last. ‘Happy are those doing His commands that the authority shall be theirs unto the tree of the life, and by the gates they may enter into the city; and without [are] the dogs, and the sorcerers, and the whoremongers, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and every one who is loving and is doing a lie.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22‬:‭13‬-‭15‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Why is this a promise?

And why does it say we can’t take away, or add from this book?l

“‘I, Jesus did send my messenger to testify to you these things concerning the assemblies; I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright and morning star! And the Spirit and the Bride say, Come; and he who is hearing — let him say, Come; and he who is thirsting — let him come; and he who is willing — let him take the water of life freely. ‘For I testify to every one hearing the words of the prophecy of this scroll, if any one may add unto these, God shall add to him the plagues that have been written in this scroll, and if any one may take away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the scroll of the life, and out of the holy city, and the things that have been written in this scroll;’ he saith — who is testifying these things — ‘Yes, I come quickly!’ Amen! Yes, be coming, Lord Jesus! The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [is] with you all. Amen.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22‬:‭16‬-‭21‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is the tree of life?

Isn’t That in the heavenly realm where God exists in the heavenly Jerusalem?

Jesus had resurrected and went back and became one with his Father once having come back and taken the bride of Christ it seems becoming the Lord God Almighty.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so that is all you can say?

You’re right I can’t as I believe in faith, but historically you can see the promises of Jesus Christ come to fruition that aren’t part of the Bible from historians like Josephus, Tactius, Suetonius, and Cassio Dio.

That is what is all about though isn’t it
Living in this life living for Christ in faith that one day we will be resurrected and go on to the heavenly realm where God is?

I’ve used the Bible scripture to provide points about the revelation, but you suggest they don’t mean anything or they do? @Charlie24

You are confusing faith in Christ with the foundation on which doctrine is established!

That would be proof from Scripture on your doctrine, Matthew. And you know you have none but yet keep pushing it.

• Wow

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the doctrine that is they you believe people need to hold to be made right with God, @Charlie24?

Perhaps you just hate what I teach, that could also just be a factor, wish I understood more and you were much more transparent, it’s alright though my friend.

May God bless you, and your family, @Charlie24.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confusing faith in Christ with the foundation on which doctrine is established!

That would be proof from Scripture on your doctrine, Matthew. And you know you have none but yet keep pushing it.
This doesn’t even mean anything and I don’t understand what you are saying buddy.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point of this post is to not believe anyone, and go and seek out the information for yourself, historically what was going on during the time before and after Jesus, and of course use the Bible and read it and may the Spirit guide to the truth.

The spirit doesn’t lead us to hate other people, but to live a life for Christ who died for our sins and to live a life that puts God first and to love your neighbor as yourself even if they have differences of belief or they don’t believe in God at all.

Jesus Christ came to reach the lost not those who are think they are righteous.

Learn what he teaches and learn that his ways of the world, where interacting with it by the spirit; and his kingdom is not of this world.

But don’t believe me, check the Bible and see what He says and teaches and does, dying on the cross yet forgiving his enemies three days later being raised again back to life. Though with a promise before hand that involved the wrath coming upon the nation of killing the Son which they lost everything in 70Ad.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the doctrine that is they you believe people need to hold to be made right with God, @Charlie24?

A doctrine that does not teach innocent people that no matter what they do, they will eventually enter into heaven!

I have a problem, as many others do with this! The Preterist thing is not nearly the problem as the UR thing, but it is still a definite problem.

I'm not saying you can't post what you believe, I'm nobody here. At least understand that!

• Wow

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you are someone who believes in Christ, Charlie24, and I love you because of that my friend. If you never get your head wrapped around what is stated in revelation 21-22, which suggest that there is outside of the kingdom where people are I don’t know what to tell you. I do not say everyone is permitted to go into the city.

Revelation 22:15 explains differently that

“I am the Alpha and the Omega — the Beginning and End — the First and the Last. ‘Happy are those doing His commands that the authority shall be theirs unto the tree of the life, and by the gates they may enter into the city; and without [are] the dogs, and the sorcerers, and the whoremongers, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and every one who is loving and is doing a lie.”

Happy are those who are doing His commands; who is his commandments? Loving God and loving others, wasn’t that what Jesus said we are to do to inherit eternal life?

They may have the right to have access to the tree of life, and by the gates they may enter into the city.

I don’t say who gets to go into the city expect it implies those who are believing doing Jesus commandments, that go into the city and have right to the tree of life.

But outside are those who aren’t allowed inside.

So from perspective this is not universal salvation, but you see it as though everyone gets the chance to go in even after this life? I don’t know how true that is, or if it is possible.

But if all tongues shall bow and confess Jesus is the Lord I wonder how they do that without the Holy Spirit.

It’s all by the Lord one gets to the Father, from what the Bible says.

Could you talk out some of the problems with you have with the scripture and what they explicitly say?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you are someone who believes in Christ, Charlie24, and I love you because of that my friend. If you never get your head wrapped around what is stated in revelation 21-22, which suggest that there is outside of the kingdom where people are I don’t know what to tell you. I do not say everyone is permitted to go into the city.

Revelation 22:15 explains differently that

Happy are those who are doing His commands; who is his commandments? Loving God and loving others, wasn’t that what Jesus said we are to do to inherit eternal life?

They may have the right to have access to the tree of life, and by the gates they may enter into the city.

I don’t say who gets to go into the city expect it implies those who are believing doing Jesus commandments, that go into the city and have right to the tree of life.

But outside are those who aren’t allowed inside.

So from perspective this is not universal salvation, but you see it as though everyone gets the chance to go in even after this life? I don’t know how true that is, or if it is possible.

But if all tongues shall bow and confess Jesus is the Lord I wonder how they do that without the Holy Spirit.

It’s all by the Lord one gets to the Father, from what the Bible says.

Could you talk out some of the problems with you have with the scripture and what they explicitly say?

Before you take the responsibility of telling others they will enter into heaven eventually, no natter what, don't you think you should have some concrete proof of this? As I have pointed out several times, you have no proof!

All you have are Biblical statements taken out of context that anyone can point out from the context.

Matthew, you will be held responsible for this! Not by any of us, but by God Himself.

• Wow