The Ones Who Are Left…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Correct on my observation of scripture,

In the "future" they will build in Jerusalem to their awaited upon Messiah as seen in the OT, when armies surround Jerusalem and stop the building (Messiah is cut off)

It's my opinion the armies will be Muslim (people of the prince), and be responding to concerns relating to their holy site on the temple mount
Ok, I do hear all of your reasoning of when you believe that the Jewish temple will be rebuilt sometime in the future, but you then say: "(Messiah is cutoff)". I want to know HOW "Messiah" shall be cutoff at that time, in the future past today, Dec., 30 2021, as you believe.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, I do hear all of your reasoning of when you believe that the Jewish temple will be rebuilt sometime in the future, but you then say: "(Messiah is cutoff)". I want to know HOW "Messiah" shall be cutoff at that time, in the future past today, Dec., 30 2021, as you believe.
I’m gonna grab me a beer and some popcorn!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At no time have I stated a "Temple" will be built as you claim, scripture states wall/street will be built

It's my "Opinion" the armies that will surround Jerusalem in the future will be Muslim, as the troublous

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point with these questions being: the bible may label ‘Christians’ a certain way after Pentecost. And it also may describe the Spirit coming upon us differently in the New Covenant. But it still teaches that salvation is fundamentally found IN faith.

Galatians 3:5-9
Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith—just as Abrahambelieved God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”?
Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham. And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.” So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith

We can see throughout the OT Israelites…and sometimes even the rare Gentile (Ruth) who placed their trust and faith in YHWH and it was ‘credited to them as righteousness’. We see them sometimes referred to as ‘the elect of God’.
And in the NT, before Pentecost, Jesus refers to them as “brothers”….those who “do the will of my Father”…but they are still people clearly defined as those following the teachings of Christ, as Christ himself came “to do the will of my father”.
As for those who were of faith under the Old Covenant, you are correct. Therefore, for the sake of others here, all should know that no one under the Old Covenant could receive God's Gift of the the Holy Spirit permanently, until after the shedding of Christ's blood.
However, in light of what you are saying about faith, yes it was counted them for righteousness, and God did not forget them, even though they died without the Holy Spirit.
In Malachi 3:16 God held them in remembrance, aka "the book of remembrance".
Therefore all the people under the OC, who died in faith of the "promise" of Messiah to come, are seen in Revelation 6:9-11 "under the altar", aka "the book of remembrance" as still waiting for their "white robes", the gift of God's Holy Spirit.

Upon the day of Christ's crucifixion and resurrection, all of them did receive the permanent indwelling of God's Holy Spirit of Eternal life. They are now back at rest, but now they are IN Christ, in "the book of life", waiting for His Glorious return, to be resurrected in the likeness of His immortality.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At no time have I stated a "Temple" will be built as you claim, scripture states wall/street will be built

It's my "Opinion" the armies that will surround Jerusalem in the future will be Muslim, as the troublous
Ok, I get your understanding now!
Only the street and the wall shall be built, as shown in Daniel 9[25] Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
[26] And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
So now, please tell us all here, of HOW you understand what it means by "Messiah be cut off".

Oh and by the way, will the "sanctuary" (verse 26) be in the "street" or on the "wall"?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only the street and the wall shall be built, as shown in Daniel 9[25] Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
[26] And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
So now, please tell us all here, of HOW you understand what it means by "Messiah be cut off".

Oh and by the way, will the "sanctuary" (verse 26) be in the "street" or on the "wall"?
This will be the 3rd time I have explained my opinon

When Muslim armies surround Jerusalem in the future, the building of the wall/street to Messiah will stop, this is Messiah being cut off

At this time the 70th literal week takes place, when the Antichrist is revealed in Jerusalem, proclaiming to be Messiah returned, the 3.5 year tribulation starts at this point

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Daniel 9:24-27, Seventy Literal Weeks Explained?

Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written

(Four hundred and ninety years)

Daniel had no restrictions in "Writing" exact numerology as seen below.

Daniel 6:1KJV
It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;

Daniel 8:14KJV
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Daniel 12:11KJV
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Below in Daniel 10:2-3 we see just another example of Daniel's literal weeks, as Daniel mourned and fasted for 3 literal weeks or 21 days.

Daniel 10:2-3KJV
2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

Below in Daniel 9:24-27 we see (70 Literal Future Weeks) or 490 days.

When the (Future) call/commandment goes out in Jerusalem to build unto the Jewish Meshiach/Messiah that they wait for (They Denied Jesus Christ) this will start the 7 week period.

62 literal weeks will be in building, and Meshiach/Messiah will be cut off as Armies surrounding Jerusalem, who stop the building.

The 70th literal week will see the antichrist revealed in making a covenant, and in the middle of this literal week he proclaims to be Meshiach/Messiah God to the Jews, and Jesus returned to the apostate church, to start a Millennium on earth.

The 3.5 year tribulation now starts.

Daniel 9:24-27KJV
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This will be the 3rd time I have explained my opinon

When Muslim armies surround Jerusalem in the future, the building of the wall/street to Messiah will stop, this is Messiah being cut off

At this time the 70th literal week takes place, when the Antichrist is revealed in Jerusalem, proclaiming to be Messiah returned, the 3.5 year tribulation starts at this point
"3rd time" ??
Yes, on your 3rd time, you finally did say what you mean. Thank you.
For a minute there, I thought that I might have to get bigger pliers to "pull teeth".

Ok, moving forward....you are saying that when the Muslim armies surround Jerusalem, the building of the street, the wall, and wherever the sanctuary is, to Messiah, the work of those doing the "building" will stop, and be the literal act of cutting off of the Messiah.

May I ask again?
Cutting off/stopping Messiah from doing what?
Coming to Jerusalem in a cloud and landing there, or doing a fly by, hovering 20 miles up over Jerusalem?
You are not being clear, so I can only guess.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 8:14KJV
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Daniel 12:11KJV
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
Of all examples to choose, you hit the nail on the head of what we are talking about!
But for your sake at the moment, I don't think that you really want to open that can of worms, of the 2300 and the 1290/1335 days, because if you did, then we would have to talk about
1. Antiochus Epiphanes and the "AoD"
2. Judas Maccabeus and the Temple
"restoration" project of "forty and six years" in Jerusalem. John 2:18-21
3. and how all of that OT fulfilled situation of historical record, was brought up by Jesus, to help us understand through type and anti-type, that He was pointing to Himself of how the temple of His mortal body was going to be desolated/destroyed and then restored/resurrected back to New Life.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you wish to believe Abraham was in dwelt with the Holy Spirit, then there’s probably not much more I can say.
Ah. Hello? Have I SAID that? Please point to the post where I said “Abraham was dwelt in by the Holy Spirit”.
Thank you.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As for those who were of faith under the Old Covenant, you are correct. Therefore, for the sake of others here, all should know that no one under the Old Covenant could receive God's Gift of the the Holy Spirit permanently, until after the shedding of Christ's blood.
However, in light of what you are saying about faith, yes it was counted them for righteousness, and God did not forget them, even though they died without the Holy Spirit.
In Malachi 3:16 God held them in remembrance, aka "the book of remembrance".
Therefore all the people under the OC, who died in faith of the "promise" of Messiah to come, are seen in Revelation 6:9-11 "under the altar", aka "the book of remembrance" as still waiting for their "white robes", the gift of God's Holy Spirit.

Upon the day of Christ's crucifixion and resurrection, all of them did receive the permanent indwelling of God's Holy Spirit of Eternal life. They are now back at rest, but now they are IN Christ, in "the book of life", waiting for His Glorious return, to be resurrected in the likeness of His immortality.
I agree. There must be a theological understanding (and indeed there is) for those who were chosen by God in the OT. We look at the example of Abraham, of course, because Paul uses him to illustrate for us. But even looking at someone like Enoch. This man was so ‘in step’ with God, that God chose to take him from Earth before he died. He may not have had the Holy Spirit ‘indwelling’ him as we do under the New Covenant, but we cannot doubt that that man was faithful to God.

Reactions: Earburner

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"3rd time" ??
Yes, on your 3rd time, you finally did say what you mean. Thank you.
For a minute there, I thought that I might have to get bigger pliers to "pull teeth".

Ok, moving forward....you are saying that when the Muslim armies surround Jerusalem, the building of the street, the wall, and wherever the sanctuary is, to Messiah, the work of those doing the "building" will stop, and be the literal act of cutting off of the Messiah.

May I ask again?
Cutting off/stopping Messiah from doing what?
Coming to Jerusalem in a cloud and landing there, or doing a fly by, hovering 20 miles up over Jerusalem?
You are not being clear, so I can only guess.
I never stated a sanctuary to Messiah as you claim

The Jews in Jerusalem will be building in the "future" the wall/street to their Messiah for 62 weeks, when the armies surround Jerusalem and stop the building, at this time Messiah is cut off, as in the building to Messiah was stopped or "Cut Off", it's very simple, dont add to my words

Messiah isnt doing anything, "cut off" means the building stopped, simple and easy to understand, my explanation has been presented at 5th grade reading comprehension

Daniel 9:25-26KJV
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not here to doubt your methodology of study or your faith, but rather to understand your meaning for the futurist view that you are presenting.
I on the other hand, hold to the historicist view, which is my counting backwards to the past, from the Crucifixion of Jesus.

I mentioned the word "sanctuary" because at the moment in Jerusalem, there isn't one.
But, since it is showing to be present in Daniel 9:26, it's expected by the reader that it too shall be built in trouble times.
Do you disagree?
If so, then what scriptural evidence clues you to think that it won't also be built, in troublous times, according to the futurist view?

So then, in every way, we both are examining the same scriptures of Daniel, but for the time of it's manifestations, we are diametrically opposed to each other. You are looking towards the future, saying that it's still to come, and I am looking in the past, saying that it already did come.

The course of our demise and/or blessing is extremely pivotal on what one should do with the supposed missing 70th week.
But, if in all reality it's not missing at all, but rather is right there in front of our eyes, how does one convince another, if the sight of it is only revealed by God Himself, and therefore cannot be known otherwise?
It can't done, except through the words of Zechariah 4:6 "but by my Spirit".

By far, the 70 weeks is another extreme paradox of "church-ianity" and it's biblical understandings, whereby many doctrinal and denominational divisions have occurred for two millennia.

Such a division, is about as equal to the claims that are made, concerning Adam was GIVEN an eternal living soul, as opposed to Adam BECAME a mortal living soul. Neither the twain shall meet.

Such is the case for each of us, right out of the gate taking a long journey, but then discover at the end, they were one degree off at the very first step. Conclusion: destination not reached!

"If we don't have the truth of His understanding at the beginning, how are we ever going to have the totality of His truth at the end"- Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^ John 4[24] God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Since only Jesus is The Truth, we should let/allow Him to guide us, and NOT "church-ianity".
John 16[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Daniel had no restrictions in "Writing" exact numerology as seen below
It's a vision WITH God's words given to Daniel.
God chose to say that he "determined" the 70 weeks of time His way. Daniel's choice of words were not allowed. I for one also, do not intend to change the literal heard/seen words of God. I am sure Daniel didn't either.
But for interpretation, it's going to be one way or the other, and only one can be the truth!
1. 70 literal weeks, being 490 days or
2. 70 weeks of years, being 490 years.
I perceive that the correct answer is line item #2.

Daniel had been studying Jeremiah 25, as per Daniel 9:2 about Israel and Nebuchadnezzar's Babylon.
It was at that time God spoke to Daniel about another issue of judgment against Israel, but this time He said 70 weeks, and not 70 years.

My reasoning is this- Ezekiel 4:4-6
[6] And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year.
Which is to say in God's prophetic time, one day was to be accounted for as one year (70x7=490 years).

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a vision WITH God's words given to Daniel.
God chose to say that he "determined" the 70 weeks of time His way. Daniel's choice of words were not allowed. I for one also, do not intend to change the literal heard/seen words of God. I am sure Daniel didn't either.
But for interpretation, it's going to be one way or the other, and only one can be the truth!
1. 70 literal weeks, being 490 days or
2. 70 weeks of years, being 490 years.
I perceive that the correct answer is line item #2.

Daniel had been studying Jeremiah 25, as per Daniel 9:2 about Israel and Nebuchadnezzar's Babylon.
It was at that time God spoke to Daniel about another issue of judgment against Israel, but this time He said 70 weeks, and not 70 years.

My reasoning is this- Ezekiel 4:4-6
[6] And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year.
Which is to say in God's prophetic time, one day was to be accounted for as one year (70x7=490 years).
Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

Daniel 9:24KJV
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I amazed at all the confusion on these pages of this thread. The years of the 70 weeks prophecy given Daniel is not that difficult, but leave it to orthodox Jews to confuse it.

From the Daniel 9:24 to Daniel 9:27 Scripture:

Dan 9:24
KJV

That's the whole 70 weeks prophecy events above. It culminates with Lord Jesus' 2nd coming and anointing of His Millennial temple He will build.

Dan 9:25-26

KJV

Many make the mistake of trying to interpret the above verses 25 by itself, and then verse 26 by itself. No, they both must be understood together as a unit. The 1st Period is 7 symbolic weeks (or 7 x 7 = 49 years). Added to that is 62 weeks (7 x 62 = 434 years), which totals to 483 years. BUT... verse 26 gives us more info about the end of the 69th week with, "And after the threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off...".

That MUST mean then, that the 69th week ENDED with Christ's crucifixion, His being "cut off" on the cross.

That leaves one final week (7 years) to be accounted for, and we are given specific events for it that NEVER happened during Lord Jesus' Ministry, nor thereafter to today. Those main events are the coming of a pseudo-Messiah, and re-institution of sacrifices in Jerusalem per old covenant worship, and with a new Jewish temple there. And then in the middle of that 7 years, the false Messiah will end those sacrifices, and instead setup an idol in false worship of himself, demanding that all bow to it.

1st Period:
49 years -- from the command to restore the city and wall, 454 B.C. to 405 B.C.

2nd Period:
434 years -- from 405 B.C. to 29 A.D., the time of Messiah being "cut off" on His cross.

3rd Period:
7 years -- still unknown.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I amazed at all the confusion on these pages of this thread. The years of the 70 weeks prophecy given Daniel is not that difficult, but leave it to orthodox Jews to confuse it.

From the Daniel 9:24 to Daniel 9:27 Scripture:

Dan 9:24
KJV

That's the whole 70 weeks prophecy events above. It culminates with Lord Jesus' 2nd coming and anointing of His Millennial temple He will build.

KJV

Many make the mistake of trying to interpret the above verses 25 by itself, and then verse 26 by itself. No, they both must be understood together as a unit. The 1st Period is 7 symbolic weeks (or 7 x 7 = 49 years). Added to that is 62 weeks (7 x 62 = 434 years), which totals to 483 years. BUT... verse 26 gives us more info about the end of the 69th week with, "And after the threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off...".

That MUST mean then, that the 69th week ENDED with Christ's crucifixion, His being "cut off" on the cross.

That leaves one final week (7 years) to be accounted for, and we are given specific events for it that NEVER happened during Lord Jesus' Ministry, nor thereafter to today. Those main events are the coming of a pseudo-Messiah, and re-institution of sacrifices in Jerusalem per old covenant worship, and with a new Jewish temple there. And then in the middle of that 7 years, the false Messiah will end those sacrifices, and instead setup an idol in false worship of himself, demanding that all bow to it.

1st Period:

2nd Period:
434 years -- from 405 B.C. to 29 A.D., the time of Messiah being "cut off" on His cross.

3rd Period:
Hi Davy, you are closer to the truth of how the majority of "church-ianity" promotes their view, which of course always includes the Jewish concept of Christ conducting a Millennial Reign of the saved OVER the unsaved, MoB people, who CAN'T be saved EVER, for two reasons.
1. They ALL had the MoB.
2. The Age of God's Grace will have concluded on the Day of Jesus' physical appearance from Heaven, in flaming fire taking vengeance, WHILE resurrecting ALL his Saints.
YES! It's a simultaneous event!
Church-ianity's "tares" have made a mess of it!! KJV 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10.
In the above KJV scriptures, notice the word "when" and the two times they are written. Now for each, they shall describe fully of what will take place when that DAY appears.
Now go to KJV Luke 17:29 and HEAR the words of the Lord Himself.

Now back to the 70 weeks.
About the supposed missing 70th week.
IT'S NOT MISSING!!
It's right there in plain sight. Stop looking at it with your "natural man/mind of sin" and let/allow the Holy Spirit to guide you, by Him revealing it to you. Put the calculator away!!!!
Unfortunately, you will have to wade through an extreme amount ERROR that has been heaped upon you by the scholarly tares. God will TRASH IT for you, IF you abide by Proverbs 3:5 and John 16:13.

I could show you, but I want you to discover it by yourself with the Lord.
Don't study like a math quiz. Just let him have HIS WAY with His OWN thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9, "By my Spirit"- Zechariah 4:6.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the whole 70 weeks prophecy events above.

KJV

1st Period:

2nd Period:

3rd Period:
Jesus is gonna return and build a temple?

Is he gonna be the general contractor, or pick the hammer back up and be a carpenter?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy, here is your clue, and it's all you need to understand that the 70th week IS NOT MISSING.

Daniel 9[25] Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
[27] And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Now, the ONLY help that I will give you is this- who is confirming the covenant, and which covenant is he confirming?
Don't be afraid of the thoughts that shall enter your mind. They will be contrary to the beliefs of "church-ianity".