The Only True God, the God of Jesus Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The “Wise Men” were led by a star, could be the morning star, which is actually is not a star but the planet Venus. Many refer to this planet as the bright morning star. A star is the sun or a sun. But a morning star is the brightest reflection of the sun as Jesus is the brightest reflection, the exact illumination of God.

Since you admitted:
Jesus calls himself, “the bight morning star.” This was to fulfill a prophecy.

And "the morning stars (in plural) joyfully cried out together," (Job 38:7) Couldn't that other morning star be Satan? Don't you know that boys of two years of age and younger were slaughtered in searching for the Newborn King??

Then Herod, seeing that he had been outwitted by the astrologers, flew into a great rage, and he sent out and had all the boys in Bethʹle·hem and in all its districts killed, from two years of age and under, according to the time that he had carefully ascertained from the astrologers. (Matthew 2:16)

Everytime you put Satan's Star on that Christmas tree you glorify the Anti-Christ who was after Jesus for TWO YEARS!
giphy.gif

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's interesting because the scriptures claims "all the sons of God began shouting in applause?" (Job 38:7)

This happened after the Creation of the earth. I didn't realize the descendants of the Godly line of Seth and the “daughters of men” were the descendants of the ungodly line of Cain" (J. MacArthur) were already in Heaven before Adam and Eve were created.

Are you being truthful?
First of all, this verse has been wrestled with by the best scholars and so has different interpretations.
So it is an alternative the view of some that "sons of God" are angels praising God when He made the stars. The universe is so magnificently made, ordered as a performance of a choir singing in harmony.

God is questioning Job about his knowledge - "Where were you when I created the earth" in so many words. Is God using figurative language in this chapter? Is it all to be taken literally?
These are the verses following verse 7. Are the bold words not figurative language?
8 "Or who shut in the sea with doors,
When it burst forth and issued from the womb;
9 When I made the clouds its garment,
And thick darkness its swaddling band;
10 When I fixed My limit for it,
And set bars and doors;

Look at Psalm 19:1-3
"The heavens tell of the glory of God;
And their expanse declares the work of His hands.
2 Day to day pours forth speech,
And night to night reveals knowledge.
3 There is no speech, nor are there words; Their voice is not heard."

So here the universe tells a story without words. Likewise, stars sing and the sons of God praise his handiwork.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And "the morning stars (in plural) joyfully cried out together," (Job 38:7) Couldn't that other morning star be Satan?
No, at the time of creation, Satan did not exist. Lucifer did. He was the most glorious of all the angels. He was referred to as a morning star as well, but when God created man and had a special love for Him, gave him more attention and had great plans for mankind - the pride of Lucifer caused jealously, envy, rebelliousness and he turned into Satan - I think it went down like that. Satan became the accuser of man, the minister of lies and all sorts of evils. Regardless, He had to take orders from God
Everytime you put Satan's Star on that Christmas tree you glorify the Anti-Christ who was after Jesus for TWO YEARS!
Every time you rejected celebrating the birth of our Savior (even though we aren't sure of that day) you missed out on the most joyous time of the year. As I said already, Satan has deprived JW's of much.
The Jews celebrated many feasts and for any good reason. The prodigal son came home - kill the fatted calf. We celebrate the birth of our Savior as the angels worshipped Him along with the shepherds and wise men.
It is not wise not to.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, this verse has been wrestled with by the best scholars and so has different interpretations.
So it is an alternative the view of some that "sons of God" are angels praising God when He made the stars. The universe is so magnificently made, ordered as a performance of a choir singing in harmony..

Oh, so the 'sons of God' were meteorites and the offspring of Seth was in already in Heaven before Adam and Eve were even created. You are totally dishonest.

Now you speak out the other end of your mouth by stating:
Every time you rejected celebrating the birth of our Savior (even though we aren't sure of that day) you missed out on the most joyous time of the year. As I said already, Satan has deprived JW's of much.
The Jews celebrated many feasts and for any good reason. The prodigal son came home - kill the fatted calf. We celebrate the birth of our Savior as the angels worshipped Him along with the shepherds and wise men.
It is not wise not to.

By using the term angels you mean meteorites and

Ronald David Bruno said:
'The 'sons of God' were the descendants of the Godly line of Seth and the “daughters of men” were the descendants of the ungodly line of Cain" (J. MacArthur). We are adopted sons of God, yet unbelievers are the sons of Satan.

Now you celebrate a lie because it is figurative? "It was only in the year 340 AD that Pope Julius I fixed the date of Jesus’s birthday at 25 December."

When did Jesus celebrate his birthday? When did Jesus tell his Apostles to celebrate his birthday? So if the 'sons of God' are meteorites and the descendants of the Godly line of Seth and the “daughters of men” were the descendants of the ungodly line of Cain" (J. MacArthur)..... What does that make Jesus? Remember it's not literal.

I notice one thing you never mention. You never claim that Jesus is the Christ the son of living God. (Matthew 16:16)

The Bible calls the the cloud that Followed and led Israel a Rock... is it literal?? So let's say you're right. Angels are rocks in the sky... okay then...
"Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ." (1 Corinthians 10:1-4 KJV)

Reactions: Wrangler

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
Jesus also said "I and my Father are one," or "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father?"

To God Be The Glory
Yes, they are one in unity. Jesus said, 'not my will but thine be done.'

Reactions: APAK

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, so the 'sons of God' were meteorites and the offspring of Seth was in already in Heaven before Adam and Eve were even created. You are totally dishonest.
Don't twist what I said. I am a literalist with most of scripture, some is symbolic.

By using the term angels you mean meteorites and

Ronald David Bruno said:
'The 'sons of God' were the descendants of the Godly line of Seth and the “daughters of men” were the descendants of the ungodly line of Cain" (J. MacArthur). We are adopted sons of God, yet unbelievers are the sons of Satan.
Well I was referencing another scripture that is also debates over:
"There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown." Gen. 6:4.
Some scholars believe these were fallen angels who had sex with women. That is another topic. I disagree, I don't don't think God equipped them to procreate. If that actually happened, and He foresaw that and allowed it, what would the moral purpose, the lesson learned from that?

Now you celebrate a lie because it is figurative? "It was only in the year 340 AD that Pope Julius I fixed the date of Jesus’s birthday at 25 December."
Twisting. What people do you know that celebrate lies? Jesus was born, a gels and shepherds worshipped Him, men came from afar and brought gifts ... We celebrate that day, since we don't know, we picked one and we truly enjoy it - the most joyous time of the year. We give and share love as Jesus gave and shared His love.
When did Jesus celebrate his birthday? When did Jesus tell his Apostles to celebrate his birthday? So if the 'sons of God' are meteorites and the descendants of the Godly line of Seth and the “daughters of men” were the descendants of the ungodly line of Cain" (J. MacArthur)..... What does that make Jesus? Remember it's not literal.
Well, Job's family celebrated theirs since we are on the topic of Job. Chapter 1 - can you find it?
JESUS celebrates with us every year. He probably sings along with all the wonderful and cherished songs. They are so catchy.

I notice one thing you never mention. You never claim that Jesus is the Christ the son of living God. (Matthew 16:16)
Because I know we agree on that.
Here you go: Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God.
1 Cor. 10:1-4 is a supportive passage - glad you brought that up. Christ was there, because He is the Great I Am who spoke to Moses, God.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in any Trinity, and I've always believed that Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God who has a Father and God who's name is YHWH(Jehovah) who is our Father and God.
Oh, ok. You're a LORD Jehovah worshipper. You worship the LORD who created the word in the beginning, who became son on earth and then gifted with resurrection and immortality for his good works on earth. So now He can be called Son and Lord in heaven, and is one in unity with the only true LORD Jehovah, but not in deity as God.

Jehovah deified His Son to have deity, but not as that deity of the LORD Himself, Who has always had His own deity, even when the LORD Jehovah created His word and wisdom as His 1st angel, thus being the firstborn of every creature.

Got it.

(You do however need to adjust your confession of the LORD Jehovah, by seeming to allow for the Son of God being God, by only denying the Trinity. You must also deny the Son of God as God. So, you don't believe in any Trinity nor any Son of God is God.)

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, ok. You're a LORD Jehovah worshipper. You worship the LORD who created the word in the beginning, who became son on earth and then gifted with resurrection and immortality for his good works on earth. So now He can be called Son and Lord in heaven, and is one in unity with the only true LORD Jehovah, but not in deity as God.

Jehovah deified His Son to have deity, but not as that deity of the LORD Himself, Who has always had His own deity, even when the LORD Jehovah created His word and wisdom as His 1st angel, thus being the firstborn of every creature.

Got it.

(You do however need to adjust your confession of the LORD Jehovah, by seeming to allow for the Son of God being God, by only denying the Trinity. You must also deny the Son of God as God. So, you don't believe in any Trinity nor any Son of God is God.)

I thought I made it clear that I have always believed that the Only Begotten Son of God is a god, he is divine, in fact the Only Begotten Son of God is said to be the Only Begotten god in the best manuscripts at John 1:18. So when the Only Begotten Son of God was in heaven before he became human he was Divine, a god but not immortal or incorruptible. Then when the time came God by his Holy Spirit caused his Only Begotten Son life force to be transferred into the womb of Mary, meaning the Only Begotten Son of God empty himself of being a god and became a human like the first man Adam was human. Then the Only-Begotten Son when that time came as a human sacrificed that human body so that Mankind could be saved but after his resurrection the Only-Begotten Son of God became superior than he was before becoming human in that not only was the Only Begotten Son of God given all authority in heaven and on earth but he was also given immortality and inherited incorruption which he didn't have before becoming human nor did he have when he was human.

Reactions: keithr and Wrangler

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought I made it clear that I have always believed that the Only Begotten Son of God is a god, he is divine, in fact the Only Begotten Son of God is said to be the Only Begotten god in the best manuscripts at John 1:18. So when the Only Begotten Son of God was in heaven before he became human he was Divine, a god but not immortal or incorruptible. Then when the time came God by his Holy Spirit caused his Only Begotten Son life force to be transferred into the womb of Mary, meaning the Only Begotten Son of God empty himself of being a god and became a human like the first man Adam was human. Then the Only-Begotten Son when that time came as a human sacrificed that human body so that Mankind could be saved but after his resurrection the Only-Begotten Son of God became superior than he was before becoming human in that not only was the Only Begotten Son of God given all authority in heaven and on earth but he was also given immortality and inherited incorruption which he didn't have before becoming human nor did he have when he was human.
"Son life force" I always like hearing that one. Not just spiritual but also mystical.

"given immortality and inherited incorruption which he didn't have before becoming human nor did he have when he was human"

I am the resurrection and the life and the way and the truth, etc...

The life is in the blood, Jesus' precious blood was incorruptible because the eternal life in it and Him.

And when did Scripture say God gave the life to His Son on earth? He gave Him a body (Heb 10:5), but not the life. That life was already in Him adn He was that life. Not after resurrection and 'gifted blessing' of it from the LORD Jehovah.

"before he became human he was Divine, a god but not immortal or incorruptible"

Thanks, that's new. I'll weave it in while writing your book. IF you got more, let me know.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me rephrase that for you, it's a little self-contradictive:

"I thought I made it clear that I have always believed that the only begotten son of God is a god, he is divine, in fact the only begotten son of God is said to be the only begotten god in the best manuscripts at John 1:18."

To be consistent, a god cannot be a Son, but only a son. Only The LORD Jehovah is the big One.

"So when the only begotten son of God was in heaven before he became human he was divine, a god but not immortal or incorruptible."

Now to clarify, are you saying the created word and 1st angel of the LORD was divine? Not Divine as the LORD of course, but divine as spirit beings like all angels? They or not incorruptible immortal spirits, as Lucifer proves, but they are divine in that they are created immortal, except they fall therefrom by rebellion against the LORD?

"Then when the time came God by his holy spirit caused his only begotten son life force to be transferred into the womb of Mary, meaning the only begotten son of God was emptied by God from being a god and became a human like the first man Adam was human."

The spirit of Jehovah is not God, not Jehovah Himself, but rather is that very life force you speak of, which came with the created word in the beginning of creation, when Jehovah put him there in Mary's womb. Jehovah caused everything to happen, even as He caused him to be created in the first place: the son could not empty himself no more than any other angel created by God could empty themselves into human flesh and form. The fallen angels did not 'empty themselves' into the daughters of men, but only came in human a form to mate with them.

'Then the only-begotten son when that time came as a human sacrificed that human body so that mankind could be saved but after his resurrection the only-begotten son of God became superior than he was before becoming human in that not only was the only begotten son of God given all authority in heaven and on earth but he was also given immortality and inherited incorruption which he didn't have before becoming human nor did he have when he was human."

"He sacrificed that human body..." Thanks, I'll keep that in store to. Sort of like it wasn't really his body, but rather that body that Jehovah prepared for him, when the LORD caused him to be put into Mary's womb.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I know we agree on that.
Here you go: Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God.
1 Cor. 10:1-4 is a supportive passage - glad you brought that up. Christ was there, because He is the Great I Am who spoke to Moses, God.

Glad you're coming around. You might want to read up on the Rock that Moses was speaking too though. (Exodus 3:2)
“For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve,” (Acts 27:23)

Thank you for listening to me.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where’s the watchtower in the New Testament?

why are JW’s Arian heretics?

1 Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Any denial of the divinity of Christ: or His incarnation: or the Holy Trinity is antichrist! Or Christ from His Holy Church! Or the unity of Christians with the church, the body of Christ, the new covenant in union with the mediator and in communion with God and the saints!

“Faith alone” denies the Union of the Christian in the church thru the sacraments promised by the Father and instituted by Christ! Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Lk 1:76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,

Lk 1:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Jude 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Heb 1: 5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Jn 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

His Angels! God’s Angels!

Isaiah 6:3
And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Hosts of Angels!

Adoration is due to God alone!

Matt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

Only God can work miracles

Matthew 8:27
But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

Jn 1:23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias. (Jesus is Lord)

John 5:18
Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Jn 20:28 my Lord and my God!

Jesus declares that He will come to be the judge of all men (Matthew 25:31).

John the baptist prophet of the most high? Lk 1:76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

Prepare the way of the Lord Lk 1:4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

5 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;

6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

The Lord is Jesus and a Jesus is Lord, One God in three persons!

Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God almighty!

Matt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

2:12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.

They worshiped Jesus and only God can be worshiped!

Matt 5: 21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Only God have the commandments only God can change them!

Matthew 8:26
And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

Only God has this power!

Matt 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

Only God!

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Only God can be this!

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Only God!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

He said to them: “You, though, who do you say egō eimi ?” (Matthew 16:15)

Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:16)

In response Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Joʹnah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did.(Matthew 16:17)

6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

All the angels of God were ordered to worship who?? The firstbegotten into the world. God is not firstbegetton as you falsely claim, but eternal. Claiming God was Begotten is simply a faslehood.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Greek God Zeus had lots of sons that were gods.
Actually, he only had one that was deified to be a god among them: Herakles.

Which is what unitarians make of Jesus, except that Herakles was not a created spirit being before being born a man...

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, he only had one that was deified to be a god among them: Herakles.

Which is what unitarians make of Jesus,

Unitarians do not make Jesus out to be any kind of God.

From, wiki Zeus had many sons who where god’s (demigods). This is a list of notable offspring of a deity with a mortal, in mythology and modern fiction. Such entities are sometimes referred to as demigods, although the term "demigod" can also refer to a minor deity, or great mortal hero with god-like valour and skills, who sometimes attains divine status after death.[1]

Greek mythology
  • Achilles: son of the sea nymph Thetis (daughter of sea god Nereus), and Peleus, king of the Myrmidons.
  • Aeacus: son of Zeus and Aegina who was the daughter of a river god. He was the father of Telamon and Peleus and grandfather of Ajax and Achilles.
  • Aeneas: Trojan hero, son of Aphrodite, goddess of love and Prince Anchises. He fled to Italy and became the ancestor of Romulus and Remus, founders of Rome.
  • Amphion: son of Zeus and Antiope, and twin brother of Zethus.
  • Arcas: son of Zeus and Callisto, a nymph and minor goddess associated with Aphrodite.
  • Asclepius: according to D’Aulaires book of Greek Myth, Asclepius was a son of Apollo who achieved divine status after death. He became such a great healer, that he could bring back the dead. Zeus killed him for this, but raised him from the dead as the god of healing and medicine.
  • Athis: son of Limnaee, a nymph of Gange.
  • Bellerophon: according to Homer's Iliad, son of Glaucus and Eurymede of Corinth. According to Apollodorus and Hesiod's catallouges by Hyginus, he was a son of the sea god Poseidon by Eurymede.
  • Codrus: son of Poseidon and King of Athens, forefather of Ariston of Athens, father of Plato[2]
  • Dardanus: son of Zeus and Electra, daughter of Atlas.
  • Dionysus: son of Zeus and Semele, a mortal. Later on he became a god, part of the Olympians when Hestia gave up her seat for him
  • Epaphus: son of Zeus and Io, a priestess of the goddess Hera (Zeus' wife).
  • Harmonia: according to Greek mythologywas the daughter of Ares and Aphrodite.[3]However in Samothrace mythology, she was the daughter of Zeus and Electra.[4]
  • Heracles: son of Zeus (king of the gods) and Alcmene, a mortal woman.
  • Helen of Sparta, also known as Helen of Troy: According to older sources, daughter of king Tyndareus and Leda,[5] but Homer also calls her daughter of Zeus and Leda. Wife of Menelaus, the king of Sparta.
  • Hippolyta: daughter of Ares, a Queen of the Amazons.
  • Iasus: son of Zeus and Electra (one of the seven daughters of Atlas and Pleione). He was the brother of Dardanus.
  • Memnon: son of Tithonus and Eos, a Titan goddess of the dawn.
  • Orion: son of Poseidon (the sea god) Euryale.
  • Orpheus: son of Calliope and the god Apollo.
  • Penthesilea: daughter of Ares and Otrera, a Queen of the Amazons
  • Perseus: son of Zeus and mortal princess Danae, whom he impregnated as a golden shower.
  • Polydeuces, also known by his Roman name of Pollux: one of the Dioscuri and twin brother of Kastor. He was son of Zeus and the mortal Leda while his twin had a mortal father, king Tyndareus (Leda's husband).
  • Theseus: son of Poseidon (the sea god) and Aethra, the wife of king Aegeus.
  • Tityos: a giant, son of Zeus and Elara.
  • Zethes: son of Boreas (the Greek god of the cold north wind and the bringer of winter) and Oreithyia, daughter of King Erechtheus of Athens. His brother was Calais, and they are collectively known as Boreads.
  • Zethus: son of Zeus and Antiope, twin brother of Amphion, co-founder of Thebes.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where’s the watchtower in the New Testament?

why are JW’s Arian heretics?

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Any denial of the divinity of Christ: or His incarnation: or the Holy Trinity is antichrist! Or Christ from His Holy Church! Or the unity of Christians with the church, the body of Christ, the new covenant in union with the mediator and in communion with God and the saints!

“Faith alone” denies the Union of the Christian in the church thru the sacraments promised by the Father and instituted by Christ! Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Lk 1:76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,

Lk 1:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Jude 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Heb 1: 5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Jn 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

His Angels! God’s Angels!

Isaiah 6:3
And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Hosts of Angels!

Adoration is due to God alone!

Only God can work miracles

Matthew 8:27
But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

Jn 1:23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias. (Jesus is Lord)

John 5:18
Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Jn 20:28 my Lord and my God!

Jesus declares that He will come to be the judge of all men (Matthew 25:31).

John the baptist prophet of the most high? Lk 1:76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

Prepare the way of the Lord Lk 1:4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

5 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;

6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

The Lord is Jesus and a Jesus is Lord, One God in three persons!

Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God almighty!

2:12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.

They worshiped Jesus and only God can be worshiped!

Matt 5: 21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Only God have the commandments only God can change them!

Matthew 8:26
And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

Only God has this power!

Matt 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

Only God!

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Only God can be this!

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Only God!

Actually, the source of their denial as antichrists is not so much the name of Jesus. They speak His name in lip service.

The real denial is that He has come in the flesh (1 John 4:). The 'coming' is the part they must deny. Unlike every other man on earth, the Son came to the earth from heaven to be born a man on earth.

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." (John 3:13)

That is why they twist Scripture to try and say he came from man, rather than came from heaven.

To confess Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is to first confess that He was in heaven before coming down to the earth in the flesh. It secondly means He was a human being by birth.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Unitarians do not make Jesus out to be any kind of God."

No, they make him out to be a god. The first created angel to be resurrected as a god by the LORD Jehovah.

Herakles was born of Zeus by a woman. He did many great things on the earth and died. Zeus raised him from the realm of the dead to heaven, where he was deified as a god among them.

Jehovah worshipping Manuel:

Jesus was born of Jehovah by a woman. He did many great things on the earth and dies. Jehovah raised him from the dead to heaven, where he was deified with the gift of immortality as a god with Jehovah.

The only difference between the Greek Herakles myth, and the Jehovah 'Jesus' myth, is that Jesus was a created angel before Jehovah put him in Mary's womb.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was born of Jehovah by a woman. He did many great things on the earth and dies. Jehovah raised him from the dead to heaven, where he was deified with the gift of immortality as a god with Jehovah.

The gift of immortality is not a defilement. "So he has become better than the angels to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs." (Hebrews 1:4)

A man does not take this honor of his own accord, but he receives it only when he is called by God, just as Aaron was. So, too, the Christ did not glorify himself by becoming a high priest, but was glorified by the One who said to him: “You are my son; today I have become your father.” (Hebrews 5:5)

The scriptures point out that Jesus Christ was called by God, then glorified by God in exalting His Christ to become High Priest. Jesus Christ was begotten a second time by the One who said to him: “You are my son; today I have become your father.”

This means Jehovah is still his God and Father as you can see by other translations. Jesus was exalted to High Priest, not that somehow he became God himself or a demigod. Read what happens after his 1,000 year Reign. (1 Corinthians 15:24)

New American Standard Bible
So too Christ did not glorify Himself in becoming a high priest, but it was He who said to Him, “YOU ARE MY SON, TODAY I HAVE FATHERED YOU”;

NASB 1995
So also Christ did not glorify Himself so as to become a high priest, but He who said to Him, "YOU ARE MY SON, TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU";

NASB 1977
So also Christ did not glorify Himself so as to become a high priest, but He who said to Him, “THOU ART MY SON, TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN THEE”;

Status
Not open for further replies.