The Only True God, the God of Jesus Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Christian Greek Scriptures, certain words derived from the·osʹ (god) appear and relate to that which is divine. The related words theiʹos, thei·oʹtes, and the·oʹtes occur at Act 17:29, Romans 1:20, Colossians 2:9, and 2 Peter 1:3,4.

At Acts 17:29, Paul, when in Athens, showed that it is illogical for humans to imagine that “the Divine Being [to theiʹon, a form of theiʹos] is like gold or silver or stone.” Many translators here use terms such as “the Godhead,” “the Deity,” or “the divinity” (KJ, AS, Dy, ED, JB, RS), while E. J. Goodspeed’s translation says “the divine nature.”
According to The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, the expression "to theiʹon" is derived from the adjective theíos, meaning ‘pertaining to God,’ ‘divine.’” Liddell and Scott’s Greek-English Lexicon gives as the meaning “the Divinity.”
So the phrase "to theiʹon" can be understood to refer to a person or to a quality. The context must guide the translator in his choice of words. Here at Acts 17:29, the context clearly shows that the person of God is being described, and so the expression should appropriately be rendered “Divine Being."

At Romans 1:20 the apostle refers to the undeniable visible evidence of God’s “invisible qualities,” particularly his “eternal power and Godship [Thei·oʹtes].” Other translations read “Godhead” or “deity” (KJ, NE, RS, JB), conveying to many the idea of personality, the state of being a person. However, according to Liddell and Scott’s Greek-English Lexicon, the Greek word thei·oʹtes means “divine nature, divinity.” So there is a basis for rendering thei·oʹtes as referring to the quality of being a god, not the person of God, and this is supported by the context. The apostle is discussing things that are discernible in the physical creation. For example, while the creation does not reveal the name of God, it does give evidence of his “eternal power”—needed to create and sustain the universe. The physical creation also displays his “Godship,” the fact that the Creator truly is God and is worthy of our worship.

At Colossians 2:9, the apostle Paul says that in Christ “all the fullness of the divine quality [form of the·oʹtes] dwells bodily.” Here, again, some translations read “Godhead” or “deity,” which Trinitarians interpret to mean that God personally dwells in Christ. (KJ, NE, RS, NAB) However, Liddell and Scott’s Greek-English Lexicon defines the·oʹtes in basically the same way it does thei·oʹtes, as meaning “divinity, divine nature.” The Syriac Peshitta and the Latin Vulgate render this word as “divinity.” Thus, here too, there is a solid basis for rendering the·oʹtes as referring to quality, not personality.

So, you agree Jesus was not God? Or that the Father and the Son are the same One, and no trinity?

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was the Pre-incarnate Jesus, who spoke to Moses. He is the Great "I AM. He is Jehovah or if you prefer, Yahweh. Those are made up names constructed by adding vowels. The Jews did not even want to pronounce the name in fear that they would mispronounce it; so they called Him, LORD (Adonai)
It was an introduction that was later completed and fulfilled. "Tell them I AM sent you." Kind of an introduction left with blanks to be filled in at a later time.
So when Jesus came, He finished His introduction that was mysterious at the time, incomplete.
I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE
I AM THE GOOD SHEPHERD
I AM THE VINE
I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE
I AM THE LIGHT
I AM THE RESURRECTION
I AM THE DOORWAY
I AM HE (The one who has been with you all along)
BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS, I AM.

If you closely look at all those quotes. Jesus never claims to be the I AM THAT I AM. But rather God sends a messenger (I AM). The I AM appears to Moses @ (Exodus 3:2) and is SENT to lead the Nation of Israel that I AM THAT I AM has prepared. (Exodus 23:20-21)

Notice this messenger would have God's Name in him.
I AM THAT I AM = God
I AM = Messenger

Jehovah God, the only true God (John 17:3)
Jesus Christ, the angel of Jehovah. (Acts 27:23)

Jehovah
Jesus when translated means 'Jehovah is Salvation'
For I say to you, you will by no means see me from now until you say, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in Jehovah’s name! (Matthew 23:39)

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Agreed. The person you are casting judgment on is yourself. (Romans 2:1) Interesting you are the one that snuck (to) into something that Jesus Christ did not say and now testified he did? Isn't the bearing false witness. And if Jesus is anointed by Holy Spirit and he IS. Why do you sin against Holy Spirit? Are you proud like Satan?

So, you agree with my take on your reasoning, that Jesus came from the gods, who the word of God came to...

Ok, I'll take it from here, brother. I believe I can better express everything ya'll been trying to say. I know you like to keep your deepest pearly secrets hidden until you've prepped the ground, but I'm going to blow it wide open. From henceforth, I speak as you.

Part 1:
Our whole doctrine is wrapped around Jesus being created as wisdom in the far distant beginning (Prov 8), and only took on a body (Heb 10:5, when he became a mortal man on earth. This 'wisdom and word' of God in the beginning was only a spiritually created personification thereof.

Therefore the word of God was not really God (As the Scripture seems to imply), but really was only close to God, even as His wisdom is with His mind. The Scripture is only a figurative inference to how the personified wisdom of God is really close to God, even as the thoughts and intents of His heart (Heb 4), but not God Himself.

Part 2:
The personified wisdom of God was made a man on earth by the Spirit of God overshadowing a virgin to spiritually impregnate her with the very being of His now-begotten son.

In the beginning
he was created as the angels, but above and better than them all (Heb 1:4), as the very personified wisdom and power of God: the only created angel of the LORD to become a man after the flesh. And thus he was given a name above every other name (Phil 2) of angels and man, not of the LORD Jehovah Himself.

And after living as a mortal man on earth doing good deeds of God (Acts 10:38), he was then and only then gifted with immortality as a man in a resurrected body forever in heaven: the Lamb as it were slain in the midst of the throne.

I.e. He was deified from the personification of the wisdom of God into the immortal person and son of God, called Christ.

Last edited:

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God can forgive and remove the sins of the world for all time.

That's a false claim against Jehovah and his Anointed One.

I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you on the way and to bring you into the place that I have prepared. Pay attention to him, and obey his voice. Do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgressions, because my name is in him. (Exodus 23:20-21)

“Why is this man talking this way? He is blaspheming. Who can forgive sins except one, God?” (Mark 2:7)

But in order for you to know that the Son of man has authority to forgive sins on earth—” he said to the paralytic: “I say to you, Get up, pick up your stretcher, and go to your home.” (Mark 2:10-11)

God is not the Son of Man. (Numbers 23:19)

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Agreed. The person you are casting judgment on is yourself. (Romans 2:1) Interesting you are the one that snuck (to) into something that Jesus Christ did not say and now testified he did? Isn't the bearing false witness. And if Jesus is anointed by Holy Spirit and he IS. Why do you sin against Holy Spirit? Are you proud like Satan?

Part 3:
The wisdom and the word of God, creating from the beginning of his ways (Prov 8), was made known to Abraham, and Moses, and the children of Israel by the LORD Himself. But His people went astray grievously from His word and wisdom, which the LORD spoke into their hearts in the beginning.

And so the LORD determined according to prophecy to send His word and wisdom to the earth, to be born of woman, but not after the manner of sinful man, but after the man of the gods, for he came into the world as a man and god with the very word of God in his heart. And because he came as a man in the flesh, he was thus able to impart the word of God into the hearts of them that had believed, but did not obey.

And so accomplishing the work and commandment from the LORD Jehovah, he was then crucified and died and raised again with immortality gifted from the LORD. In this manner he became the firstborn and defied creature of God of many brethren (Rom 8:29)(Col 1:15), who also believe the word of Jehovah by him, and become like him in faithfulness and obedience, as man and gods: Christians and new-born saints of the LORD Jehovah.

Part 4:
And so we see in the wisdom of the LORD, that He predetermined to redeem mankind from sin, when they transgressed His commandment, by creating a man and god like unto them (Deut 18:18), but from His own very mind and heart in the wisdom and the word he would speak unto them.

"Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows." (Heb 1:9)

Though the LORD Himself could never dwell among sinful man in the flesh of man (Jon 1:18), though they be gods by His word, yet He could send His word and wisdom to them in the flesh, that he might personally declare his creator and LORD, and show them the way back to the Him.

"For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh." (Rom 8:3)

Afterall, who better to make know the LORD and Father than the very one created by Him from the beginning to be His own very word and wisdom in spirit as angel of the LORD, and then in flesh as man of God?

"But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption." (1 Cor 1:30)

Part 5:
And though ye were gods by the coming of the word from old by the LORD's own mouth, speaking His word and wisdom into their minds, yet ye obeyed not as gods. And so that word created by Jehovah to speak to the minds of man was weak by the flesh; therefore He has made that angel and word He created and spoke to the prophets of old, into a man coming from man and sent to man as man and god, that he may instruct us on being gods, not in word and tongue only, but in spirit and in truth (I John 3:18).

Now therefore by Jehovah's grace and mercy we may be true gods, created indeed after His image by receiving His son through faith, and being born again by Jehovah's word in our hearts, no longer spoken to our minds only: That very word and wisdom and power of the LORD created from the beginning to speak the world into existence in the beginning.

Therefore as newborn babes in Christ who is deified in heaven, let us not glory in ourselves as gods, nor in him as son and fellow god, but rather let us glory in the LORD Jehovah only, Who is so much better than any angel or man or spirit or principality created by Him, through His spoken word, the firstborn of every creature and of all creation: Jesus.

"That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the LORD." (1 Cor 1:31)

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part 3:
The wisdom and the word of God, creating from the beginning of his ways (Prov 8), was made known to Abraham, and Moses, and the children of Israel by the LORD Himself. But His people went astray grievously from His word and wisdom, which the LORD spoke into their hearts in the beginning.

And so the LORD determined according to prophecy to send His word and wisdom to the earth, to be born of woman, but not after the manner of sinful man, but after the man of the gods, for he came into the world as a man and god with the very word of God in his heart. And because he came as a man in the flesh, he was thus able to impart the word of God into the hearts of them that had believed, but did not obey.

And so accomplishing the work and commandment from the LORD Jehovah, he was then crucified and died and raised again with immortality gifted from the LORD. In this manner he became the firstborn and defied creature of God of many brethren (Rom 8:29)(Col 1:15), who also believe the word of Jehovah by him, and become like him in faithfulness and obedience, as man and gods: Christians and new-born saints of the LORD Jehovah.

Part 4:
And so we see in the wisdom of the LORD, that He predetermined to redeem mankind from sin, when they transgressed His commandment, by creating a man and god like unto them (Deut 18:18), but from His own very mind and heart in the wisdom and the word he would speak unto them.

"Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows." (Heb 1:9)

Though the LORD Himself could never dwell among sinful man in the flesh of man (Jon 1:18), though they be gods by His word, yet He could send His word and wisdom to them in the flesh, that he might personally declare his creator and LORD, and show them the way back to the Him.

"For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh." (Rom 8:3)

Afterall, who better to make know the LORD and Father than the very one created by Him from the beginning to be His own very word and wisdom in spirit as angel of the LORD, and then in flesh as man of God?

"But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption." (1 Cor 1:30)

Part 5:
And though ye were gods by the coming of the word from old by the LORD's own mouth, speaking His word and wisdom into their minds, yet ye obeyed not as gods. And so that word created by Jehovah to speak to the minds of man was weak by the flesh; therefore He has made that angel and word He created and spoke to the prophets of old, into a man coming from man and sent to man as man and god, that he may instruct us on being gods, not in word and tongue only, but in spirit and in truth (I John 3:18).

Now therefore by Jehovah's grace and mercy we may be true gods, created indeed after His image by receiving His son through faith, and being born again by Jehovah's word in our hearts, no longer spoken to our minds only: That very word and wisdom and power of the LORD created from the beginning to speak the world into existence in the beginning.

Therefore as newborn babes in Christ who is deified in heaven, let us not glory in ourselves as gods, nor in him as son and fellow god, but rather let us glory in the LORD Jehovah only, Who is so much better than any angel or man or spirit or principality created by Him, through His spoken word, the firstborn of every creature and of all creation: Jesus.

"That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the LORD." (1 Cor 1:31)

You slam Jesus Christ by denying his own words bearing false testimony against Holy Spirit. Go ahead... keep going. Why stop now?

Who did God anoint? You loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, your God, anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your companions. (Hebrews 1:9)

Claiming God anointed God to make him Holy is calling God unholy... No... Keep going.. so you know... and enter into the weeping and gnashing of teeth.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"He came unto his own, and his own received him not."

The son's own was that of men who were gods, by having received the word spoken to them by the LORD Jehovah from the mount and then by prophets.

He was one of them, one of their fellows, made in their likeness, therefore he was not God, nor more than man created in God's image is God.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"He came unto his own, and his own received him not."

The son's own was that of men who were gods, by having received the word spoken to them by the LORD Jehovah from the mount and then by prophets.

He was one of them, one of their fellows, made in their likeness, therefore he was not God, nor more than man created in God's image is God.

You're too late.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You slam Jesus Christ by denying his own words bearing false testimony against Holy Spirit. Go ahead... keep going. Why stop now?

Who did God anoint? You loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, your God, anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your companions. (Hebrews 1:9)

Claiming God anointed God to make him Holy is calling God unholy... No... Keep going.. so you know... and enter into the weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Where do you not agree?? Is what I've written not true? Or is it this only one point you object to, but the rest is good and true?

I'm afraid you have taken me out of context. I quoted the Scripture to prove the fact that Jesus was truly a fellow man from man, made like unto them, anointed by Jehovah to speak to man. The incarnation of the created word and wisdom of God! Not God become man, which would not be a fellow like unto sinful man at all!

I said nothing of the sort that God anointed Himself to make Himself holy! How did I say that? I do insist you must take me in context; otherwise, you correction in doctrine is not valid.

Show me the error of the teaching as I have written it. Please do. I am new to this. I can only be instructed and learn by true correction, not by misplaced objection to points taken out of context. If you think I was trying to declare that the Scripture was showing God anointing Himself to make Himself holy, then that is in your heart, not mine.

"How forcible are right words! but what doth your arguing reprove?" (Job 6)

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah is God and Jehovah is love. Not Jesus.

God is a spirit, but the spirit of God is not God.

Jesus' name was given him by Jehovah, and is a name above every other name of angels and man and spirits, not of God Jehovah.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you closely look at all those quotes. Jesus never claims to be the I AM THAT I AM. But rather God sends a messenger (I AM). The I AM appears to Moses @ (Exodus 3:2) and is SENT to lead the Nation of Israel that I AM THAT I AM has prepared. (Exodus 23:20-21)
Rather - you don't know what you are talking about. GOD introduces Himself as the Supreme Being, beyond any comprehension of Moses and then fills in exactly Who "I am" is in the Book of John, filled with the "I am ..." descriptions. If you cannot connect the dots at this point, you are in denial.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather - you don't know what you are talking about. GOD introduces Himself as the Supreme Being, beyond any comprehension of Moses and then fills in exactly Who "I am" is in the Book of John, filled with the "I am ..." descriptions. If you cannot connect the dots at this point, you are in denial.
The thing you have to understand is their code: 'Look closely' 'careful study' only means that you must first go the depths of Satan to find and properly understand it.

I don't think most people are willing to do so. But I am.

They to whom the word of the LORD Jehovah first came were gods, but being disobedient, the I AM sent His 1st angel to become His first son from an angel to a man, that the word the LORD created in the beginning should speak to them as one of them that was now made from them: man and god, yet without sin.

Got it?

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God never sent any messengers? There are no angels in Heaven? "When the morning stars joyfully cried out together, And all the sons of God began shouting in applause?" (Job 38:7)

Well then should we delete (Job 38:7) ?? And what about (Revelation 22:16) Should we deny the I am is the Bright Morning Star?

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you agree Jesus was not God? Or that the Father and the Son are the same One, and no trinity?

I don't believe in any Trinity, and I've always believed that Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God who has a Father and God who's name is YHWH(Jehovah) who is our Father and God.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing you have to understand is their code: 'Look closely' 'careful study' only means that you must first go the depths of Satan to find and properly understand it.

I don't think most people are willing to do so. But I am.

I get discernment from God, who dwells in me, not Satan.
For sure, if you are a Jehovah Witness, you went to the depths of Satan and he distorted and confused the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE.
1. He distorted who Jesus is, put Him on the level of an archangel. Hebrews 1 says different and so many other scriptures that present Jesus as deity. SATAN has lied to you.
2. Satan tries to distort Christianity just enough to deprive you of life in Christ, the Holy Spirit (Who you do not believe is a person). Your baptism consists of no words spoken, just a dunk and you think that is spiritual. We are to be baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
3. He has, by twisting and distorting scripture, deprived you of the entire body of CHRIST (that you separate yourselves from);
4. Satan deprives you of communion with Jesus, who commanded that we should partake in often, to remember His blood/ body sacrifice. No, they grossly neglect this command and right, a sacrament and just pass it around once a year, allowing some to parttake if the believe they are one of th 144k going to heaven.
5. Satan deprives you of knowing who you are, that you are made in the spiritual image of God. He has you believing all you are made of is flesh and bones, no spirit. He distorts the meaning as if it is just a force of energy, motivation or emotional state.
6. He deprived most of you of heaven (claiming there is only enough room for 144k). He discourages you, downplays it by saying, "What will you do there in heaven?" And most look for Paradise instead.
7. He deprives you of FAITH itself, which is the certainty of things hoped for, the assurance of things unseen, and on the top of the list is YOUR SALVATION IN HEAVEN. Satan has you uncertain of your salvation as if you must earn it. He has you believing that you won't find out until after the Millennial Kingdom. So you cannot know that you are saved.m - a lie! Your faith = a maybe?
8. Satan doesn't want you to think for yourselves, interpret scripture on your own. No, you must learn your Watchtower, explanations they give weekly and also in Reasoning Through Scriptures. It's all force fed and they test you to give their answers back so that all are in unity. They control your thinking, that is brainwashing.
9. Satan deprives you of living life in the full, celebrating feasts, holidays, birthdays, things that bring us joy and that we are all thankful for. But you live without this freedom, with many restrictions, a legalistic system - which Christ freed us from.
10. Satan does not want you to visit other Christian churches, speaking against them as pagan, corrupt and lost, not knowing the TRUTH of which only the JW has. They are afraid that if you did, they may lose you, so forbid anyone from going to any church, with threats of disfellowship, ostracism, a big guilt trip.
11. Satan forms cults that control people. They keep you occupied with service, meetings, especially on holidays - they make sure you aren't caught up in having fun. No, "do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers" means everyone outside their organization.

Where is the fruit of the seeds you've sown? J.W.ORG. in the US knocks on doors for 200 million hours per year. Where is the growth? JW's have under 9 million members worldwide after over 100 years. For the last hundred years Chrisitianity has grown from 500 million to 2.6 billion. That's growth, that is a powerful God. If any church does not have growth - something is wrong with it, sin or bad doctrines. He may allow it to live, but He will not grow a church that teaches false doctrines. You know love and sin - good! But that is not enough, you must be BORN AGAIN, BAPTIZED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT.
Of course you insist that the Holy Spirit is just a force, then it is likely He will not live in you. He, (ekinos) is a person. He is God. He would not guide you to believe all the above things, ways of your religion.
The Holy Spirit is our Comforter, He has to know you to comfort you, therefore He must be God. He guides, gives us gifts, loves us, edifies us, convicts us of sin, counsels us,
searches all truth, makes promises, fellowships with us, confirms His presence in us, justifies us, bears witness to Christ and glorifies Him, hears, speaks, leads us ...
Now I ask you, does that sound like a force or and all knowing, all powerful, omnipresent God?

Got it?

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get discernment from God, who dwells in me, not Satan.
For sure, you went to the depths of Satan and he distorted and confused the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE.
1. He distorted who Jesus is, put Him on the level of an archangel. Hebrews 1 says different and so many other scriptures that present Jesus as deity. SATAN has lied to you.
2. Satan tries to distort Christianity just enough to deprive you of life in Christ, the Holy Spirit (Who you do not believe is a person). Your baptism consists of no words spoken, just a dunk and you think that is spiritual. We are to be baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
3. He has, by twisting and distorting scripture, deprived you of the entire body of CHRIST (that you separate yourselves from);
4. Satan deprives you of communion with Jesus, who commanded that we should partake in often, to remember His blood/ body sacrifice. No, they grossly neglect this command and right, a sacrament and just pass it around once a year, allowing some to parttake if the believe they are one of th 144k going to heaven.
5. Satan deprives you of knowing who you are, that you are made in the spiritual image of God. He has you believing all you are made of is flesh and bones, no spirit. He distorts the meaning as if it is just a force of energy, motivation or emotional state.
6. He deprived most of you of heaven (claiming there is only enough room for 144k). He discourages you, downplays it by saying, "What will you do there in heaven?" And most look for Paradise instead.
7. He deprives you of FAITH itself, which is the certainty of things hoped for, the assurance of things unseen, and on the top of the list is YOUR SALVATION IN HEAVEN. Satan has you uncertain of your salvation as if you must earn it. He has you believing that you won't find out until after the Millennial Kingdom. So you cannot know that you are saved.m - a lie! Your faith = a maybe?
8. Satan doesn't want you to think for yourselves, interpret scripture on your own. No, you must learn your Watchtower, explanations they give weekly and also in Reasoning Through Scriptures. It's all force fed and they test you to give their answers back so that all are in unity. They control your thinking, that is brainwashing.
9. Satan deprives you of living life in the full, celebrating feasts, holidays, birthdays, things that bring us joy and that we are all thankful for. But you live without this freedom, with many restrictions, a legalistic system - which Christ freed us from.
10. Satan does not want you to visit other Christian churches, speaking against them as pagan, corrupt and lost, not knowing the TRUTH of which only the JW has. They are afraid that if you did, they may lose you, so forbid anyone from going to any church, with threats of disfellowship, ostracism, a big guilt trip.
11. Satan forms cults that control people. They keep you occupied with service, meetings, especially on holidays - they make sure you aren't caught up in having fun. No, "do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers" means everyone outside their organization.

Where is the fruit of the seeds you've sown? J.W.ORG. in the US knocks on doors for 200 million hours per year. Where is the growth? JW's have under 9 million members worldwide after over 100 years. For the last hundred years Chrisitianity has grown from 500 million to 2.6 billion. That's growth, that is a powerful God. If any church does not have growth - something is wrong with it, sin or bad doctrines. He may allow it to live, but He will not grow a church that teaches false doctrines. You know love and sin - good! But that is not enough, you must be BORN AGAIN, BAPTIZED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT.
Of course you insist that the Holy Spirit is just a force, then it is likely He will not live in you. He, (ekinos) is a person. He is God. He would not guide you to believe all the above things, ways of your religion.
The Holy Spirit is our Comforter, He has to know you to comfort you, therefore He must be God. He guides, gives us gifts, loves us, edifies us, convicts us of sin, counsels us,
searches all truth, makes promises, fellowships with us, confirms His presence in us, justifies us, bears witness to Christ and glorifies Him, hears, speaks, leads us ...
Now I ask you, does that sound like a force or and all knowing, all powerful, omnipresent God?
Got it?[/Quote\]

The going to another church service for the sole purpose of telling people there that they're lost or their worship is false is rude. You only go to a church like that not during their services but at a time the people invites you to come for the sole purpose of talking about the truth that's in the scriptures. You don't ever do this during their services it's disruptive. Many JW have family members who are not JW and if say a parent of a JW has a parent who isn't a JW the church he/she went to would have the funeral, a JW can go to that church who's giving that funeral service, there would not be any problem with that. The only time a JW would be disfellowshiped under the circumstances you're talking about is if that JW became an apostate.

You think that because there are 2.6 billion people that believe like you that means they're the true christians. Now I agree that Satan goes after numbers and not quality, so yes Satan disciples will outnumber true christians, Satan is after all, the ruler of this world we're living in. I've never expected the majority of the world to believe the True God YHWH(Jehovah) or his Christ, The Only Begotten Son of YHWH(Jehovah) God. So you remarking about the 2.6 billion like you have means nothing when I can see for myself the corruption in the churches.

Hebrew 1 doesn't say Jesus is God, because Hebrews is very clear that Jesus reflects God's glory meaning that Jesus isn't that glory he only reflects the glory of the person that glory belongs to.
It also says in Hebrew 1 that the Only Begotten Son of God sat down on the right hand of the majesty on high, which again Hebrews 1 shows that the Only Begotten Son of God wasn't the Majesty on High. YHWH(Jehovah) is the Majesty on High that Jesus sat on the right hand side of. Hebrews 1:8,9 says regarding Jesus that God is your throne forever and ever, and the scepter of your Kingdom is the scepter of uprightness. You loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, your God, anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your companions. Here again Hebrews 1 states that Jesus has a God. This goes along with the scripture at John 20:17 when Jesus said he had a Father and God who was his Apostles and disciples Father and God.

You saying JW live a legalistic system because they don't have anything to do with holidays that man says we should observe but nowhere do I find that the scriptures say we should observe birthdays, or any holiday that people observe. In fact the only day the scriptures tell us to observe is the Memorial of Jesus Christ. Birthdays, Christmas, Easter have always been traced back to pagan(false) god's. Just because Jesus gave us the freedom he has, doesn't mean he wants us to have anything to with what belongs to false god's because what belongs to false god's have to do with demons. You will not find in scripture where it tells us to observe Christmas or Easter. And in scripture when the scriptures do speak about birthdays it's always been in a negative way. Like when on pharaohs birth day he returned the chief of the cupbearer to his post but the chief of the baker he hung up. Genesis 40:20-22 and at Matthew 14:6-10 the daughter of Herodias pleased Herod so much with a dance on his birthday he promised her even half his kingdom, so she asked for John the Baptist head. So birthdays in scripture are not spoken so much in a favorable light plus no scripture tells us we must observe birthdays. Jews had always observed deaths not birthdays. The Jews believed birthday celebrations came from pagan gods. Even the Christmas celebration said to represent Jesus birthday is pagan. People don't like it when JW doesn't observe the birthdays and holidays that nowhere in scripture does it tell us to observe. People want JW to follow commandments of men.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God never sent any messengers? There are no angels in Heaven? "When the morning stars joyfully cried out together, And all the sons of God began shouting in applause?" (Job 38:7)

Well then should we delete (Job 38:7) ?? And what about (Revelation 22:16) Should we deny the I am is the Bright Morning Star?
'The 'sons of God' were the descendants of the Godly line of Seth and the “daughters of men” were the descendants of the ungodly line of Cain" (J. MacArthur). We are adopted sons of God, yet unbelievers are the sons of Satan.

Many names are given to Jesus.
“Wonderful Counselor,” “Mighty God,” “Everlasting Father” and “Prince of Peace", “Emmanuel” which means “God with us.”

The “Wise Men” were led by a star, could be the morning star, which is actually is not a star but the planet Venus. Many refer to this planet as the bright morning star. A star is the sun or a sun. But a morning star is the brightest reflection of the sun as Jesus is the brightest reflection, the exact illumination of God.

Jesus calls himself, “the bight morning star.” This was to fulfill a prophecy. The prophet Balaam said, "I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near; A star will come out of Jacob; a scepter will rise out of Israel," (Numbers 24:17).

Jesus did not refer to himself as a “star.” Instead he called himself, “the bright morning star.” What is “the Morning Star?” It is the brightest star one can see.

As the wise men used a star to find Jesus, Jesus is our morning star, our point of reference, the bright illumination of God. We are guided by Him, He is our Light, there is no other point of reference, nothing else to look for.
It is interesting that Venus is the brightest star, not because it is the closest to the sun. And all the other planets rotate in a counter-clockwise direction, except Venus, it rotates clockwise. It is unique as Jesus is unique. Satan can be likened to a dead or dark star, who used to be brilliant, but has lost it's reflection of God.
Symbolically the morning star represents the promise of a new day, hope, that something better is coming, which is what Jesus promises. In Christ, every day is bright, new and hopeful. When life is dark, we need His brightness, His Light to shine on us.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'The 'sons of God' were the descendants of the Godly line of Seth and the “daughters of men” were the descendants of the ungodly line of Cain" (J. MacArthur). We are adopted sons of God, yet unbelievers are the sons of Satan.

That's interesting because the scriptures claims "all the sons of God began shouting in applause?" (Job 38:7)

This happened after the Creation of the earth. I didn't realize the descendants of the Godly line of Seth and the “daughters of men” were the descendants of the ungodly line of Cain" (J. MacArthur) were already in Heaven before Adam and Eve were created.

Are you being truthful?

Status
Not open for further replies.