The Only True God, the God of Jesus Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Who is the image of the invisible God"

If Jesus is not God, and the invisible God has never been man on earth, nor in heaven above, nor has taken on shape and image of visibility, whether in heaven or in earth, then who is this LORD of LORDS riding on a white horse to do battle on earth?

"And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

The returning LORD Jesus, of course. The one Who's vesture clothing is dipped in blood and is called the Word of God.

The LORD in in heaven came down to earth and is Named the Lord Jesus, who will return again as LORD of LORDS...

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen."

"And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

Jesus is King eternal, immortal, invisible and the only wise God?

The Father is not the only true and wise God?

Yes to both, Jesus is the only wise God to become a man, and the Father was the only wise God in heaven, while Jesus was on earth. Before He came down from heaven, they both as One wise God were in heaven everlasting. But only one wise God could be in heaven, while one wise God was on earth.

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else." (Deut 4)

There is none else to be the wise and true God in heaven and upon the earth beneath, not at the same time, but as the same God one at a time in heaven, and then on earth, and then in heaven again, resurrected as glorified man and God: the man Christ Jesus.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"Is Michael your savior? Jesus is my Savior."

"Yeshua is the saviour of all mankind. He became our saviour in obedience to the will of his father, almighty God Yahweh."

Won't even speak the name of Jesus as Saviour. So lip service to Jesus name only goes so far. Mentioning Him as a created being is ok, but not claiming Him as Saviour.
That's just slander. I do speak, and type, the name of Jesus, and in the above reply I stated that Jesus was my saviour - he's the saviour of all mankind. Yeshua was Jesus' real name; Jesus is a transliteration into English of his name translated into Greek. Nobody in the first century AD, during the time of Jesus' and the apostles' ministries, would have recognised the name of Jesus. I was just being precise - I didn't mean to confuse anyone.

We are speaking to wanna-be Unitarian Jews abiding in unbelief. Those Jews made a false religion, the Jews' Religion, when rejecting Jesus as Messiah and Saviour, and these wanna-be Jews make a false religion, the Yeshua Jehovah's religion, while rejecting Jesus as Christ and Saviour.
I've never heard of the "Yeshua Jehovah's religion". It sounds like you're making things up!

If by "We are speaking to" you are referring to me, then once again you are just making things up and being slanderous again.

(And they feel really special about saying 'Yeshua' and 'Yahweh'. Their 'faith' only goes so far as their intellectual stimulation.)
Why do you have a problem with using the correct names in a Bible Study forum?

They are not washed in the blood of the Lamb, which they write-oof as symbolic only. And they try to 'plead' a blood they don't honor as real.

Unlike the unbelieving Jews, they like to think of themselves as saved and forgiven of sins by the blood, that they honor no more than that og bulls and goats and other created creatures on earth.

They are not Christian and have nothing to do with Christianity in Christ Jesus.
More lies and slander. I guess you don't have as much of the spirit of Christ in you as you thought you had.

Matthew 7:
18) A good tree can’t produce evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit.
19) Every tree that doesn’t grow good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire.
20) Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's just slander. I do speak, and type, the name of Jesus, and in the above reply I stated that Jesus was my saviour - he's the saviour of all mankind. Yeshua was Jesus' real name; Jesus is a transliteration into English of his name translated into Greek. Nobody in the first century AD, during the time of Jesus' and the apostles' ministries, would have recognised the name of Jesus. I was just being precise - I didn't mean to confuse anyone.

I've never heard of the "Yeshua Jehovah's religion". It sounds like you're making things up!

If by "We are speaking to" you are referring to me, then once again you are just making things up again and being slanderous again.

Why do you have a problem with using the correct names in a Bible Study forum?

More lies and slander. I guess you don't have as much of the spirit of Christ in you as you thought you had.

Matthew 7:
18) A good tree can’t produce evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit.
19) Every tree that doesn’t grow good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire.
20) Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
So the word was not created in the beginning by Jehovah? Am I mistaken about your faith? You believe in God the Son?

If so, forgive me. I had you confused with someone else.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, he didn't.
God said his name would be "Jehovah" FOREVER. Not "Jesus".

Yahweh is not a name but an exclamation of who God is! In Hebrew it works out to say " I am who I am". God simply told Moses I am who I am(yahweh). We adopted it as a name

And Jesus is called Yahweh also. but right now until the end of the millenial kingdom, this is the operative truth:

Philippians 2:9-11
King James Version

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

God is glorified by Jesus having the highest name of all! But remember in eternity- Jesus returns to his original name.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I’m comparing one claim of divinity to an exclamation to mock how ridiculous your desperate rationalization is to support your doctrine.

The only God is Jesus’ God, the one he said he was going to in John 20:17, the one Jesus said was the one true God in John 17.
If you're not JW then why are you doing the JW TWIST? They twist nearly every Scripture to change what God said!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Bibles call Moses thee God."
"No proof?"
"It doesn't state that he is not God."
"You are totally confused! Please prove your comment: Bibles call Moses thee God."
"No. You disprove it."

He's playing with you brother kcnalp. He's yanking your chain.

There is no Scripture calling Moses thee God. It doesn't even make since. He's purposely misusing King James language to mess with you.

He knows you can't prove a negative, or unprove a lie, that is not found anywhere, and then demands disproof of it, by finding something somewhere that states plainly it is a lie...

Scripture never says Moses is God, nor do any of the children of Israel. And since God does deal with fools, nor answer in their folly, He never had a Scripture say: "Moses is not God."

They are not a serious people. Seriously wrong and corrupted from head to foot, but not to be taken seriously.
To say that Moses was called God is a Satanic lie!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you're not JW then why are you doing the JW TWIST? They twist nearly every Scripture to change what God said!

LOL. I am untwisting Scripture from trinitarian pretzel rationalizations. Why would Jesus say he is going to his God if he were God @ John 20:17? Because Jesus' God is the only God.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Why would Jesus say he is going to his God if he were God @ John 20:17? Because Jesus' God is the only God."

Why would Scripture say Jesus is the only Saviour, and the only Saviour is LORD, thy God, Holy One of Israel, the living and mighty God...

This remains the one point 'Jehovah' worshippers have yet to even try and twist or untwist.

The Father is never mentioned as Saviour, because the Father never shed His blood on the cross. There was no Saviour beside the Son on the cross.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A thing and the image of the thing are not the same thing. Jesus is the image, not God.
And the image is called LORD. LORD of LORDS.

Unless that is not the image, but rather the LORD Himself returning to earth on a white horse to fight that great day of God Almighty?

Which of course it is the LORD Himself, because Scripture says so, and He is called the Word of God, who's vesture of clothing is dipped in blood.

Not the Father, but the Son.

And the Son still the only Saviour, LORD, they God, Holy One of Israel. Not the Father who shed not His blood upon the cross with the Son.

All you people have is an intellectualized image of a thing of the thing that is not the thing, but not the main thing: the faith of Jesus.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Why would Jesus say he is going to his God if he were God @ John 20:17? Because Jesus' God is the only God."

Why would Scripture say Jesus is the only Savior, and the only Savior is LORD, thy God, Holy One of Israel, the living and mighty God...

This remains the one point 'Jehovah' worshippers have yet to even try and twist or untwist.

The Father is never mentioned as Savior, because the Father never shed His blood on the cross. There was no Saviour beside the Son on the cross.
Short background on some terminology and titles and names may be useful. It might even clear up your top line question.

'Jesus' is a corrupted Latinized Greek word and has no Hebrew and thus Israelite meaning.
There was never any difficulty in using the Hebrew for his human parents in scripture.
Mary is Hebrew => 'bitter' or 'rebellious.' Joseph is Hebrew => 'to add' 'insert'
Why did the Latin masters of disguise corrupt the baby's name?

YHWH or Yahweh is constricted as 'Yah'=> 'Yah is salvation' or 'Yah saves.'

English word Joshua => Hebrew for Yahshua => 'the LORD (YHWH or Yahweh who saves) has delivered.' => YHWH delivered our human Savior of the world.

Joshua is a suitable name for the delivered baby to Mary and Joseph, and the savior of the world.

E(I)mmanuel => YHWH is with us => Yahshua (Joshua) is of/from/begotten of Yah(weh)
The Yahshua means (this man) he shall become our salvation.

Son of YHWH (or Yahweh) => YHWH's anointed man => Messiah => Christ . The Christ and the Son of YHWH are co-related in scripture.
Yahshua became the Son of YHWH after he was baptized and anointed.

1 Tim 1:15 => Christ (Jesus) Yahshua. Yahshua is not our Messiah (Christ), he is YHWH's Messiah, his anointed one, and his Son.
2 Tim 1:10 => Our Savior, the anointed man (Messiah) Yahshua (Jesus) of YHWH
Luke 2:11 => Our Savior, Christ our Lord => the anointed man of YHWH, Yahshua, is our human Lord and our human Savior
Phil 3:20 => Our Savior, the human Lord (Jesus) Yahshua and Messiah (Christ) of YHWH
John 4:14 => the Father sent/begot his Son to be our Savior of the world => YHWH sent his Son (Yahshua the Messiah) to be our Savior

Now the Father of Yahshua is of course God, the Father, the only one, YHWH => therefore, YHWH is our only salvation for the world => therefore, YHWH saves/saved the world through his Son he begot by his human birth with Mary, the anointed man, the Messiah, the Christ, the chosen man, and our human Lord and human Savior.

APAK

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. I am untwisting Scripture from trinitarian pretzel rationalizations. Why would Jesus say he is going to his God if he were God @ John 20:17? Because Jesus' God is the only God.
I'll take Thomas' word over yours any day.

John 20:28 (NKJV)
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So the word was not created in the beginning by Jehovah? Am I mistaken about your faith? You believe in God the Son?
The expression "God the Son" does not exist in the Bible, nor "God the Holy Spirit". Only the expression "God the father", which is used by Paul, John, Peter and Jude. I believe in the only begotten Son of God:

(Mark 1:1) The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

(2 Peter 1:17) For he received from God the Father honor and glory when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

(2 John 1:3) Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

(Luke 22:69) From now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the power of God.”
(Luke 22:70) They all said, “Are you then the Son of God?” He said to them, “You say it, because I am.”

What did Paul do immediately after his conversion?:
(Acts 9:20) And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

(1 John 4:9) In this the love of God was revealed in us, because God sent His only begotten Son into the world that we might live through Him.

If so, forgive me. I had you confused with someone else.
It should not matter if I or anybody else has a different understanding of the Scriptures than you do. That is no reason nor excuse to start making up slanderous lies about them, and throwing insults at them. That is a spirit of hate, not of love.

A Bible study forum should be a place where people can discuss the Bible in order to gain better understanding, learn new things, and to test and share their current understanding of the Bible. If somebody expresses a different belief than you, then try to guide them to what you believe is the truth by quoting and explaining God's word to us in the Bible - don't start attacking them with insults and slanderous lies just because they have a different interpretation to you.

(2 Timothy 3:16) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Matthew 5:
43) You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy."
44) But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you,
45) so that you may become sons of your Father in Heaven. For He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
46) For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax-collectors do the same?
47) And if you greet your brothers only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax-collectors do so?
48) Therefore be perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is perfect.

(Romans 8:9) But you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone has not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.

Ambasadors for God and Jesus should act accordingly, with a message God's saving grace, not a message of the accuser (Revelation 12:10).

Last edited:

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's a yes or no question. Is Michael your savior?
Which Michael are you talking about? There are men called Michael mentioned in the Bible, and there is an angel, or archangel (Jude 1:9), mentioned by Daniel, who he says was "one of the chief princes" and "your prince", i.e. the “the great prince who stands for the" Israelites (Daniel 12:1). Some people suppose that Michael is just another of Jesus' names, and that it is referring to Jesus. I don't think that is the case.

So no, Michael is not my saviour.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why would Scripture say Jesus is the only Saviour, and the only Saviour is LORD, thy God, Holy One of Israel, the living and mighty God...

The Father is never mentioned as Saviour, because the Father never shed His blood on the cross. There was no Saviour beside the Son on the cross.
God was the saviour of the Israelites when he sent Moses to deliver them from Egypt:

(Isaiah 19:20) It will be for a sign and for a witness to Yahweh of Armies in the land of Egypt; for they will cry to Yahweh because of oppressors, and he will send them a savior and a defender, and he will deliver them.​

Likewise He is the saviour of all mankind, and he saved us by sending someone:

(1 John 4:14) We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as the Savior of the world.​

And our Father, Yahweh is mentioned as our saviour:

(Isaiah 43:11) I myself am Yahweh; and besides me there is no savior.​

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you people have is an intellectualized image of a thing of the thing that is not the thing, but not the main thing: the faith of Jesus.

You are confusing the Messiah, the suffering servant, with his God.

In today’s devotional reading in the book of Acts it said that an angel spoke for God to Moses in burning the bush. I’m not sure that was clear in the original telling (in Exodus?). I always thought God was revealing Himself directly through the burning bush and is why he said it is holy ground.

The man who speaks for God as Deuteronomy 18:15-18 prophecies about Jesus, or Angels who speak for God are not God. I guess it does take intellectual discernment not to violate the 1C.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll take Thomas' word over yours any day.

And I’ll take Jesus words your you projecting trinitarian doctrine onto unitarian text.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Short background on some terminology and titles and names may be useful. It might even clear up your top line question.

'Jesus' is a corrupted Latinized Greek word and has no Hebrew and thus Israelite meaning.
There was never any difficulty in using the Hebrew for his human parents in scripture.
Mary is Hebrew => 'bitter' or 'rebellious.' Joseph is Hebrew => 'to add' 'insert'
Why did the Latin masters of disguise corrupt the baby's name?

YHWH or Yahweh is constricted as 'Yah'=> 'Yah is salvation' or 'Yah saves.'

English word Joshua => Hebrew for Yahshua => 'the LORD (YHWH or Yahweh who saves) has delivered.' => YHWH delivered our human Savior of the world.

Joshua is a suitable name for the delivered baby to Mary and Joseph, and the savior of the world.

E(I)mmanuel => YHWH is with us => Yahshua (Joshua) is of/from/begotten of Yah(weh)
The Yahshua means (this man) he shall become our salvation.

Son of YHWH (or Yahweh) => YHWH's anointed man => Messiah => Christ . The Christ and the Son of YHWH are co-related in scripture.
Yahshua became the Son of YHWH after he was baptized and anointed.

1 Tim 1:15 => Christ (Jesus) Yahshua. Yahshua is not our Messiah (Christ), he is YHWH's Messiah, his anointed one, and his Son.
2 Tim 1:10 => Our Savior, the anointed man (Messiah) Yahshua (Jesus) of YHWH
Luke 2:11 => Our Savior, Christ our Lord => the anointed man of YHWH, Yahshua, is our human Lord and our human Savior
Phil 3:20 => Our Savior, the human Lord (Jesus) Yahshua and Messiah (Christ) of YHWH
John 4:14 => the Father sent/begot his Son to be our Savior of the world => YHWH sent his Son (Yahshua the Messiah) to be our Savior

Now the Father of Yahshua is of course God, the Father, the only one, YHWH => therefore, YHWH is our only salvation for the world => therefore, YHWH saves/saved the world through his Son he begot by his human birth with Mary, the anointed man, the Messiah, the Christ, the chosen man, and our human Lord and human Savior.

APAK
"Yahshua became the Son of YHWH after he was baptized and anointed."

So Jesus was not God's begotten, until baptized. The Word was not made flesh, until baptized. Jesus was not anointed, until baptized.

Jesus was not God's Son, until baptized.

Jesus was mistaken, when He said He must be about His Father's business, because He was not yet baptized, and so Mary dragged Him out of the temple for prematurely ministering in the name of a Father, he was not yet son of. A punk human kid posing as Son of the Father.

You people, get funnier every day. But, keep it up, I am learning all I can about you, and even at this late date, You still come up with more I never ever ever would have thunk of by just reading Scripture.

"'Jesus' is a corrupted Latinized Greek word and has no Hebrew and thus Israelite meaning."

That's good then, since God no longer has any Hebrew or Israelite dealings with man. Jesus is from Greek Iyesus.

"YHWH is our only salvation for the world...the anointed man, the Messiah, the Christ, the chosen man, and our human Lord and human Savior."

And I was wondering how you guys were going to get around the fact that there is only One Saviour, the LORD, Thy God, The Holy One of Israel, our Lord Jesus Christ.

You couldn't write all those verses of Scripture as spurious text, and you couldn't figurative them away, and so you went to the good ol' pseudo science of original languages to change the plain King's English into something it never said:

Jehovah is our divine Saviour, and Jesus is just our human Saviour.

If I believed as you, I would be rejecting all the apostles' doctrine given to them by the risen Jesus, because He persistently kept neglecting to call Himself human Lord and human Saviour only...

But then, that is exactly what you do anyway, because you are a wanna-be Jew of the Old Covenant of Jehovah, posing as Christian believer in the human Christ.

"Now the Father of Yahshua is of course God"

Now the Son of the Father is of course God...

Status
Not open for further replies.