The Only True God, the God of Jesus Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all the silly machinations that the 'no Jesus' people have to go through, it would be a whole lot easier and simpler to Jesus believe the Scriptures, that Jesus is Lord and God from heaven above to dwell upon the earth beneath...

Interesting. I was going to tell you the same thing since the LORD who is God already had a Name and that Name is Jehovah. (Deuteronomy 4:39)

Reactions: Wrangler

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there is no one 'Bigger Lord' vs one 'Littler Lord'.
With all the silly machinations that the 'no Jesus' people have to go through, it would be a whole lot easier and simpler to Jesus believe the Scriptures, that Jesus is Lord and God from heaven above to dwell upon the earth beneath...

And he has a Trio of 'Co-Equal" Jesus'!
He should follow his own advice!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yep.. there goes the theory of all parts being equal.
To me all three persons of the trinity are equal = God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit - One God, three in One. As we all are - mad in his likeness.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, I shall!
The words of the Bible, instead of men's imaginations.
You use your imagination and I'll stick by what the bible shows as I am a Christian and not in some sort of cult. :confused:

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me all three persons of the trinity are equal = God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit - One God, three in One. As we all are - mad in his likeness.

Hello Pearl,

I think you meant (made). So are you three persons? I could never find God the Son or God the Holy spirit in the scriptures. So this is your statement of faith? OK

Here's mine.... hope you don't mind me sharing it with you. "there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him." (1 Corinthians 8:6) See how much different it is?

Thank you for letting me share.

Reactions: Wrangler

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And he has a Trio of 'Co-Equal" Jesus'!
He should follow his own advice!
The Only reason Jesus on earth was submitted to the Father was that He came to be a man....and to die a man's death. Jesus had to be a man and he was tempted in all ways like us but stayed sin free and His innocent blood paid the price for our Sin. But He is the God of Creation

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

and

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Only reason Jesus on earth was submitted to the Father was that He came to be a man....and to die a man's death. Jesus had to be a man and he was tempted in all ways like us but stayed sin free and His innocent blood paid the price for our Sin. But He is the God of Creation
_____________________________________________________________________________________
First, let's consider his church interpretation of the scripture!

The God of Creation SUBMITTED himself to One of Themselves, and dies a pretend death, for he was STILL ALIVE during those 3 Days, until he RESURRECTED himself, while living!

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I see your problem

You are under the mistaken notion that you have the comprehensive ability to understand the hyper complex triune nature of God. And if you cannot understand it, it cannot be true.

Well let me disabuse you of that notion. God is MUCH bigger than our ability to figure Him out. Some things we just have to accept

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RW, what is told about Him we CAN believe in the Bible.
There is no such thing in it as a Trinity, a Triune Godhead, the Triunity, Co-Equal God Beings, Godhead, a Hypostaic Union,
Divine essences, Divine Natures, a God-the-Son, a God-the-GHOST, Hypostasis, Homoousios, Perichoresis , a Godman, Omnipresence, Incarnation, a God who is a Sacred Mystery, a God 'in three persons', Dual natures, a reincarnate God, a first person of the trinity, a second person of the trinity, a third person of the trinity, Godness, a Tri-Unity or a multipersonal God, and all the other terms church-fabricated to support the Triune Polytheism.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 9:33- And when the demon had been cast out, the dumb man spoke; and the crowds marveled, saying, “Never was anything like this seen in Israel.” 34- But the Pharisees said, “He casts out demons by the prince of demons.”

And Churchianity takes THEIR word, instead of HIS???

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Pearl,

I think you meant (made). So are you three persons? I could never find God the Son or God the Holy spirit in the scriptures. So this is your statement of faith? OK

Here's mine.... hope you don't mind me sharing it with you. "there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him." (1 Corinthians 8:6) See how much different it is?

Thank you for letting me share.
I have a mind a spirit and a body - all three of them are me. What about

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

What do you think this passage is about? To me it describers the Triune God. The child/son who will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

What do you think this passage is about? To me it describers the Triune God. The child/son who will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace.

I like it. It gives witness about 'a son' and 'a child' that would be called Prince of Peace. I find it odd though that Almighty God and King of Peace is not listed. This probably because Jesus gave witness that "the Father is Greater than I am" (John 14:26)

But when the scriptures are taken in as a whole I understand Jesus would be the mediator between God and men. (1 Timothy 2:5) And that he was begotten. (John 3:16)

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a nervous system, a circulatory systems, bowels, liver, skin tissue, stomach, intestines, etc.
To attempt such to illustrate the One God (not Three) is tridiculouis.

God created the body a LIVING soul- a DEAD soul, once the life is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.