The Possible Year of the Second Coming in 2027 AD, the 1290, 1260, 1335, and 2300 Days of Daniel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, and you recognize what is on high, yet you deny that the second coming of Jesus Christ is literal? What a fool.
I have tried to back you up in order to realize your error, but you have not been willing. I have been trying to tell you that you have it backwards. You speak as if what is spirit is not literal, but what is of the world is.

As for me, the second coming of Jesus is indeed literal, but in glory, not debased as was true when He first came. But you would have Him lay down His glory again after He has already been raised up. Shall we crucify Him again too?

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Oh, and you recognize what is on high, yet you deny that the second coming of Jesus Christ is literal? What a fool.

Mat 5:22 but I say unto you, that every one who is angry with his brother shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council; and whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of the hell of fire.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ has promised to speak to us plainly (not in the parables that make up life in the world), and to send us the Helper to lead us into all truth. Therefore, we should expect to hear the meaning of all parables of the world explained, just as Christ did for His apostles as an example
Which is exactly what He has been doing to anyone along the line with ears to hear...It just isn't always easy to find that 'perfect' place in Him, where this communication becomes possible....I can't wait for when He can do that openly to everyone :)

Reactions: Helen and ScottA

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 5:22 but I say unto you, that every one who is angry with his brother shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council; and whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of the hell of fire.

Do you suppose I am calling this man a fool because I hate him, or because I am rebuking him, that he may come to the understanding of the truth that the coming of Jesus Christ is literal?

...thou shalt surely rebuke thy neighbor, and not bear sin because of him. (Leviticus 19:17 [ASV])

And did Paul not call men fools?

You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. (Galatians 3:1 [NIV])

And Jesus Christ not call men snakes and vipers?

"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? (Mathew 23:33 [NIV])

It is therefore from hating your brother,

Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thy heart: (Leviticus 19:17 [ASC])

That a man will then be liable to judgment for insults during the rulership of Jesus Christ, not from rebuking someone for the sin of blasphemy, for anyone who teaches that the coming of Jesus Christ will not happen literally as prophesied by the prophets is blaspheming, hence why the above saying is within the context of murder that begins in the heart, because insults to a brother out of hatred in the heart will be subject to judgment,

"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell. (Matthew 5:21-22 [NIV])

Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath aeonial* life abiding in him. (1 John 3:5 [MODIFIED-KJV])*

They will rule the nations with an iron rod and smash them like clay pots. (Revelation 2:27 [NLT])

Reactions: Dcopymope

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you suppose I am calling this man a fool because I hate him, or because I am rebuking him, that he may come to the understanding of the truth that the coming of Jesus Christ is literal?

...thou shalt surely rebuke thy neighbor, and not bear sin because of him. (Leviticus 19:17 [ASV])

And did Paul not call men fools?

You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. (Galatians 3:1 [NIV])

And Jesus Christ not call men snakes and vipers?

"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? (Mathew 23:33 [NIV])

It is therefore from hating your brother,

Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thy heart: (Leviticus 19:17 [ASC])

That a man will then be liable to judgment for insults during the rulership of Jesus Christ, not from rebuking someone for the sin of blasphemy, for anyone who teaches that the coming of Jesus Christ will not happen literally as prophesied by the prophets is blaspheming, hence why the above saying is within the context of murder that begins in the heart, because insults to a brother out of hatred in the heart will be subject to judgment,

"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell. (Matthew 5:21-22 [NIV])

Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath aeonial* life abiding in him. (1 John 3:5 [MODIFIED-KJV])*

They will rule the nations with an iron rod and smash them like clay pots. (Revelation 2:27 [NLT])

Amen

(Revelation 19:11-16) "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. {12} His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. {13} And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. {14} And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. {15} And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. {16} And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

Somehow this is not a literal appearance directly from heaven...............:rolleyes:..................The nerve of some people who claim to be believers.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh wow...That would just be the coolest thing....Imagine what non believers will make of that ? If they even think it important and amazing at all ? Some peoples blindness astonishes me, but then again, that could be God's mercy, to keep them in the dark until He is ready to reveal, what He needs to reveal still....

Israel is still blind in part! If and when it is revealed they will weep and mourn as if they lost their only son, they will be the first to see it, and then they will know that they rejected the true Messiah, the Chief Corner Stone! the Majority of Israel are non-believers in their own God!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it is in Matthew where Jesus says NOT to call any man fool ! Consequences people, consequences......

I Agree!! We are to love even our enemies,! I can say that I love everyone, But I can't say that I like everyone. We are all different in one way or another! We are a mixed Multitude, so let us respect each other!

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Israel is still blind in part! If and when it is revealed they will weep and mourn as if they lost their only son, they will be the first to see it, and then they will know that they rejected the true Messiah, the Chief Corner Stone! the Majority of Israel are non-believers in their own God!
That's the way I have understood it as well...what a wonderful day when they finally see, and what can then come after :)

Reactions: Helen

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
don't hold me to it but I do believe they have the corner stone not in place maybe but they are prepared in all other aspects. and its my understanding that a temple of traditional construction is yet to take place.

this anti-Christ / peace maker would have to negotiate the removal of the dome of the rock to do this, correct? and there supposed to be some false prophets given power to deceive the world, if my memory serves.
The problem with many such prophesies is based on number of years declarations. Every fifty years there is the time of Jubilation as mandated in the Torah. Sounds easy to comprehend mathematically until one realises that the Jewish calender in force then had significantly fewer days that made up a year then our calender, which has 365 days. When one uses the number of years as defined in the Jewish calender and apply that many number of years using our 365 day calender, then the mathematical results naturally become erroneous. I'm not one who is into prophesy, personally. But when number of years based on Jewish calender becomes the same number of years using today's365 days calender I don't see the logic in the prophesy being described. Furthermore when the prophesy is about the coming of Jesus to judge the World, nobody knows when that will happen according to God's Word. Jesus did mention certain things that would signal His impending return. But none being about incidents having happenned in the Old Testament.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
The problem with many such prophesies is based on number of years declarations. Every fifty years there is the time of Jubilation as mandated in the Torah. Sounds easy to comprehend mathematically until one realises that the Jewish calender in force then had significantly fewer days that made up a year then our calender, which has 365 days. When one uses the number of years as defined in the Jewish calender and apply that many number of years using our 365 day calender, then the mathematical results naturally become erroneous. I'm not one who is into prophesy, personally. But when number of years based on Jewish calender becomes the same number of years using today's365 days calender I don't see the logic in the prophesy being described. Furthermore when the prophesy is about the coming of Jesus to judge the World, nobody knows when that will happen according to God's Word. Jesus did mention certain things that would signal His impending return. But none being about incidents having happenned in the Old Testament.

While the Jewish / Biblical calendar is lunar based, a solar year is still a solar year. While the start of the lunar year varies from year to year, overall the years remain the same, as the lunar calendar relies upon the equinox. Otherwise, the appointed times would drift through the seasons.

To give you a small insight, here's one for you: How long was Noah upon the ark?

BTW: Welcome to ChristianityBoard!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

as far as years measured in the Jewish calendar they have an extra month if you will to be used when necessary to adjust the calendar, and the whole world is aware of that there are google pages for converting from one calendrer to another. jubilee doesn't change how to count 1 2 3 4 5 and so one does it?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have tried to back you up in order to realize your error, but you have not been willing.
As for me, the second coming of Jesus is indeed literal, but in glory, not debased as was true when He first came. But you would have Him lay down His glory again after He has already been raised up. Shall we crucify Him again too?

Amen..Is that not showing " and their eyes were opened..." Adam and Eve were part of the Spirit world...God walked and 'talked' with Adam in the cool of the evening...then, after 'eating' ..their eyes were opened. That I believe is our problem...our eyes are open to THIS world ..what is called "the literal"...Many Christians forget that the REAL world /realm is God's....that is the literal, the real, the True...this realm is just a shadow.
When we believe that this is the literal, we prove that we are still eating of that 'Tree of Mixture.'

Reactions: pia and ScottA