The Possible Year of the Second Coming in 2027 AD, the 1290, 1260, 1335, and 2300 Days of Daniel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A vision is not literal, it is figurative. Why? Because it is as a dream, except a vision occurs while you are awake.
You are close to showing your own error. I wonder if you can see it yet:

You say "A vision is not literal." But, are we not "created" in His "image?" Is a created image literal, or only seemingly literal to those who know no different?

You say a vision "is as a dream", and therefore "not literal." But, are we not "those who sleep and should rise up?"

...And, if you think this language is "figurative" - it is...just as it is written.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
And I asked what your point was, how does whether the year he received the vision was a Jubilee year or not relate to the future temple he saw in the vision?

I am still awaiting a response to my other post to you. Which, I noticed you posted a link to yet another of your "studies" since. Thus, you have already dismissed any possible alternatives other than your own "understanding".

I responded to you with the question regarding Ezekiel 1:1 in response to you attempting to tell me to read your "study" again. My question was to perhaps serve two purposes:

1) A test of your knowledge regarding "Jubilees" in the Scriptures: You failed the test. You could have simply admitted that you did not know, which would have been the honorable approach, but you chose to sidestep and attempt to write it off.

2) It was a gift "if" you did not know, that would serve in your knowledge regarding the "Jubilee". It remained a "gift", in that I continued to reveal it unto you. There is more that I could show you regarding such, as well as more from Ezekiel. As for your prior question, you had mentioned Daniel and John. Daniel lived to see some of that which he saw. And John, within Revelation, reveals the time of his writing.

You wanted a "discussion", but so far, I have not seen a "discussion" from you, only the attempt to try and advance yourself / your writings. I assure you, your studies won't stand the test. One of your replies in particular struck me as simply a copy and paste from one of your "studies".

May I expect a reply to post 131?

Reactions: Helen

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Only because you do not understand what the kids nowadays know.
In this day and age, 6 years old are smart and knows many things even about the "birds and the bees" and how they are made.

Jun2u

I've been a counsellor of kids for 34 years. I have 3 children and 6 grandchildren. I have a pretty good understanding of what 6 year olds know. Two of the seniors in a seniors group I teach once a week, are teachers of Religious Instruction in the state schools. They keep us well informed of what their 1st grade children are saying (age 6).

I'm not a dumbo when it comes to understanding how 6 year olds think and know.

Oz

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven: and the ark of his testament was seen
in his temple

Revelation 11:19 must be read with spiritual discernment like any other scripture, otherwise there will be contradictions in scriptures, which we know is not so.

Likewise, Rev 11:19 will be a contradiction as opposed to Rev 21:22 where it explicitly states John saw no temple in heaven.

To God Be The Glory

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are close to showing your own error. I wonder if you can see it yet:

You say "A vision is not literal." But, are we not "created" in His "image?" Is a created image literal, or only seemingly literal to those who know no different?

You say a vision "is as a dream", and therefore "not literal." But, are we not "those who sleep and should rise up?"

...And, if you think this language is "figurative" - it is...just as it is written.

If you had a son and appointed him to be your representative and announced him to everyone as, "my representative", is that literal or figurative?

If you saw a car in a dream, is that literal or figurative?

I didn't think I would need to explain literal vs figure of speech to a grown man.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am still awaiting a response to my other post to you. Which, I noticed you posted a link to yet another of your "studies" since. Thus, you have already dismissed any possible alternatives other than your own "understanding".

I responded to you with the question regarding Ezekiel 1:1 in response to you attempting to tell me to read your "study" again. My question was to perhaps serve two purposes:

1) A test of your knowledge regarding "Jubilees" in the Scriptures: You failed the test. You could have simply admitted that you did not know, which would have been the honorable approach, but you chose to sidestep and attempt to write it off.

2) It was a gift "if" you did not know, that would serve in your knowledge regarding the "Jubilee". It remained a "gift", in that I continued to reveal it unto you. There is more that I could show you regarding such, as well as more from Ezekiel. As for your prior question, you had mentioned Daniel and John. Daniel lived to see some of that which he saw. And John, within Revelation, reveals the time of his writing.

You wanted a "discussion", but so far, I have not seen a "discussion" from you, only the attempt to try and advance yourself / your writings. I assure you, your studies won't stand the test. One of your replies in particular struck me as simply a copy and paste from one of your "studies".

May I expect a reply to post 131?

You wanted me to admit that I did not know, okay, I do not know if the time Ezekiel received the vision was a Jubilee year or not, just like I do not know if the time David committed adultery was a Jubilee year or not, I mean, how am I supposed to know what has happened in every Jubilee from the beginning, which is why I subsequently asked, why does it matter if it was a Jubilee or not, because depending on your answer, I may subsequently want to know, rightttttttttttttt? Enlighten me, I'm not arrogant to not be taught, because I myself do not possess all knowledge, and am subject to a greater teacher, Jesus Christ. You're playing a game here and not arriving at a solid point, which I've been trying to get you to arrive at. Why does it matter if the time that Ezekiel received the vision of the temple was a Jubilee year or not?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From sources I engage with It has been located! But this is just a Rumor.
Oh wow...That would just be the coolest thing....Imagine what non believers will make of that ? If they even think it important and amazing at all ? Some peoples blindness astonishes me, but then again, that could be God's mercy, to keep them in the dark until He is ready to reveal, what He needs to reveal still....

Reactions: Truth

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
You wanted me to admit that I did not know, okay, I do not know if the time Ezekiel received the vision was a Jubilee year or not, just like I do not know if the time David committed adultery was a Jubilee year or not, I mean, how am I supposed to know what has happened in every Jubilee from the beginning, which is why I subsequently asked, why does it matter if it was a Jubilee or not, because depending on your answer, I may subsequently want to know, rightttttttttttttt? Enlighten me, I'm not arrogant to not be taught, because I myself do not possess all knowledge, and am subject to a greater teacher, Jesus Christ. You're playing a game here and not arriving at a solid point, which I've been trying to get you to arrive at. Why does it matter if the time that Ezekiel received the vision of the temple was a Jubilee year or not?

You're asking the wrong question. May I expect a reply to post 131?

Reactions: Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

...And, if you think this language is "figurative" - it is...just as it is written
Hey Scott....I will have to agree with you in this.....A vision is nothing like a dream....Dreams can be disorganized, surreal or even about mundane things, such as going to your letter box or something and seeming ordinarily real.
A vision however has a quality to it, that I personally can only describe as 'More real than real !'.....It is completely coherent, in sharp focus and becomes something in your life, which you cannot forget...You may not think on it every single day, but as soon as you bring it to the forefront of your memory, the sharp focus is still there just the same, it is amazing !................... It also has the same physical effect even, if that particular one has a physical component to it....it is as if it never loses any of it's power to be right there, as if it's happening right then again, even if it's been years or decades since the original event.....
Certainly one thing we as believers must listen to God about, is that there is much more to existence, than just our physical realm with our 5 physical senses.....We have to accept the spiritual realm and His ability to traverse between the two...Particularly now, that Christ opened the 'way'...He did much more, than what we see as 'just' Salvation, but without us putting out faith into those things, they cannot become real for us. So imho we ought to all do exactly as Jesus is quoted as saying to us all :" Ask, Seek and Knock" , because surely we will be missing out big time, if we don't go on to a place other than this place, (which we are told we are just sojourners in now) and allow Him to show us the way into these marvelous places He has to show us, if we are willing and unafraid ....
As far as us being created in His image and likeness, I am also with Scott here....We were not created in the image and likeness of a 'fallen man' who is naked before God ( without his spiritual covering/garment), and God is NOT anything like what man became after ingesting the thing which brought death .
Too many sincere and believing Christians seem to be under the mistaken teaching that God is just a better 'man' than we are.....That He has two sides to Him like we do,( love/hate...anger/joy.....kind/cruel and so on) and that simply isn't so, and this is why we have such a hard time of all of this, and why we need Him to explain things to us and make them plain for us to understand.....He is ONLY Love and everything which comes from Love.....He is ONLY Truth and everything that brings and so on....there is zero darkness what so ever In God, and we must not blaspheme Him this way.
When it talks of His image, it is not talking about what we take as an image...we think of a reflection in a mirror perhaps, something we can see....But it is the image and likeness of our Father Spirit we were made in. We were created as spirits and then clothed with flesh ,as He knew He had to make a remedy for us, and the flesh can be done away with and our spirit can still live, so that was the 'road' He took....simple but very effective.......Like a caterpillar turns into a butterfly, leaving it's old body behind.
Sorry hadn't meant to sound all preachy here, I just get excited whenever I get thinking on His reality....:) Pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@ScottA ....Hello Scott....sorry I just re-read what I wrote and sent to you, and I realized that most of it, I should have sent to the person who was questioning you, not to you....so I'm sorry if it comes across all weird, I just got a bit mixed up in my head as to who and what I was actually addressing....Old age is catching up I'm sorry to say lol.
Just wanted to also say thank you for all your great posts...There are a few people on this forum who have the ability to stay calm, collected, balanced and wise, and you are one of them.......We could surely do with more, but at least we do have some here.....I have seen forums in the past, I couldn't have stood for even a day, just full of arrogance, pride and judgementalism.....Thank you Scott :)

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're asking the wrong question. May I expect a reply to post 131?

Did I not already answer the question concerning the little horn that came after the Greeks? He was the Roman emperor, that destroyed the temple.

Out of one of them came a little horn, which grew exceedingly great toward the south, toward the east, and toward the glorious land. 10 It grew great, even to the host of heaven. And some of the host and some of the stars it threw down to the ground and trampled on them.11 It became great, even as great as the Prince of the host. And the regular burnt offering was taken away from him, and the place of his sanctuary was overthrown. 12 And a host will be given over to it together with the regular burnt offering because of transgression, and it will throw truth to the ground, and it will act and prosper. (Daniel 8:9-12 [ESV])

The male goat is the king of Greece, and the large horn between its eyes is the first king. 22 The horn that was broken and in whose place there arose four others stands for four kingdoms that will arise from his nation, though they will not have his strength. 23 Toward the end of their rule, when rebellious acts are complete, a rash and deceitful king will arise. 24 His power will be great, but it will not be by his strength alone. He will cause terrible destruction. He will be successful in what he undertakes. He will destroy powerful people and the people of the holy ones. 25 By his treachery he will succeed through deceit. He will have an arrogant attitude, and he will destroy many who are unaware of his schemes. He will rise up against the Prince of princes, yet he will be broken apart—but not by human agency.(Daniel 8:21-25 [NETBIBLE])

This "little horn" is the Roman emperor that came at the end of the rule of the Greeks, which is the same king mentioned in this passages,

And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.” (Daniel 9:27 [ESV])

Then the king of the north shall come and throw up siegeworks and take a well-fortified city. And the forces of the south shall not stand, or even his best troops, for there shall be no strength to stand… And he shall return to his land with great wealth, but his heart shall be set against the holy covenant. And he shall work his will and return to his own land. “At the time appointed he shall return and come into the south, but it shall not be this time as it was before. For ships of Kittim shall come against him, and he shall be afraid and withdraw, and shall turn back and be enraged and take action against the holy covenant. He shall turn back and pay attention to those who forsake the holy covenant. Forces from him shall appear and profane the temple and fortress, and shall take away the regular burnt offering. And they shall set up the abomination that makes desolate. (Daniel 11:15-31 [ESV])

And it is from the destruction of the temple at this time, by this king (the Roman emperor), around 70 AD, that then 2300 days then starts,

Then I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to the one who spoke, “For how long is the vision concerning the regular burnt offering, the transgression that makes desolate, and the giving over of the sanctuary and host to be trampled underfoot?” And he said to me, “For 2,300 evenings and mornings. Then the sanctuary shall be restored to its rightful state.” (Daniel 8:13-14 [NIV])

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Did I not already answer the question concerning the little horn that came after the Greeks? He was the Roman emperor, that destroyed the temple.

IOW: No, I may not expect a reply. Nor have you addressed my points, you keep reposting the same ol' shpil over and over.

Let's give this what it deserves at this point, a good interment.

<snip>

I wish you the best ChristianG, may a blessing be upon your heart and your head.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IOW: No, I may not expect a reply. Nor have you addressed my points, you keep reposting the same ol' shpil over and over.

Let's give this what it deserves at this point, a good interment.

<snip>

I wish you the best ChristianG, may a blessing be upon your heart and your head.

Well that "same ol' shpil over and over", that contradicts your nonsense, is the scriptures. Believe it, or do not.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you had a son and appointed him to be your representative and announced him to everyone as, "my representative", is that literal or figurative?

If you saw a car in a dream, is that literal or figurative?

I didn't think I would need to explain literal vs figure of speech to a grown man.
  1. You are referring to Jesus, so that is how I will answer. Notice, that you spoke figuratively...but I understood you. First, when we hear of the Son of God, whom is God..."Son" is figurative, for He is really God [with us]. Second, Christ "lowered" Himself: God lowered Himself to the status of a "created" offspring...and "image" of Himself - "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father." But if you do not understand the meaning of "created" and "image", and if you are not honest with their meaning...then you are limited to the illusion that was "created." I am not speaking to you regarding the "image", as much as I am speaking to you of what the "image" is an image of - the real truth in plain language, rather than the figurative imagery that exist in the world which was given over to Satan, designed by God to confound and judge him. Why should you also be confounded, when by the Holy Spirit we can come to know all truth? So...to answer your first point and question: As I said before - all of this [world] is figurative, even the Son, whom is rather Almighty God.
  2. If you saw you in a dream having a dream of seeing a car, is any of it real? No - not the first dream or the second dream, none of it. What I am saying, as is the Word of God, is that "all things come in parables", everything you know and see is "created" and a mere "image" of that which is real...which "no man has see, except the Son." If you do not believe me - believe God.
  3. It is I who am "explaining literal vs figure of speech to a grown man." You are a character in a story that is written...and you don't even know it.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Scott....I will have to agree with you in this.....A vision is nothing like a dream....Dreams can be disorganized, surreal or even about mundane things, such as going to your letter box or something and seeming ordinarily real.
A vision however has a quality to it, that I personally can only describe as 'More real than real !'.....It is completely coherent, in sharp focus and becomes something in your life, which you cannot forget...You may not think on it every single day, but as soon as you bring it to the forefront of your memory, the sharp focus is still there just the same, it is amazing !................... It also has the same physical effect even, if that particular one has a physical component to it....it is as if it never loses any of it's power to be right there, as if it's happening right then again, even if it's been years or decades since the original event.....
Certainly one thing we as believers must listen to God about, is that there is much more to existence, than just our physical realm with our 5 physical senses.....We have to accept the spiritual realm and His ability to traverse between the two...Particularly now, that Christ opened the 'way'...He did much more, than what we see as 'just' Salvation, but without us putting out faith into those things, they cannot become real for us. So imho we ought to all do exactly as Jesus is quoted as saying to us all :" Ask, Seek and Knock" , because surely we will be missing out big time, if we don't go on to a place other than this place, (which we are told we are just sojourners in now) and allow Him to show us the way into these marvelous places He has to show us, if we are willing and unafraid ....
As far as us being created in His image and likeness, I am also with Scott here....We were not created in the image and likeness of a 'fallen man' who is naked before God ( without his spiritual covering/garment), and God is NOT anything like what man became after ingesting the thing which brought death .
Too many sincere and believing Christians seem to be under the mistaken teaching that God is just a better 'man' than we are.....That He has two sides to Him like we do,( love/hate...anger/joy.....kind/cruel and so on) and that simply isn't so, and this is why we have such a hard time of all of this, and why we need Him to explain things to us and make them plain for us to understand.....He is ONLY Love and everything which comes from Love.....He is ONLY Truth and everything that brings and so on....there is zero darkness what so ever In God, and we must not blaspheme Him this way.
When it talks of His image, it is not talking about what we take as an image...we think of a reflection in a mirror perhaps, something we can see....But it is the image and likeness of our Father Spirit we were made in. We were created as spirits and then clothed with flesh ,as He knew He had to make a remedy for us, and the flesh can be done away with and our spirit can still live, so that was the 'road' He took....simple but very effective.......Like a caterpillar turns into a butterfly, leaving it's old body behind.
Sorry hadn't meant to sound all preachy here, I just get excited whenever I get thinking on His reality....:) Pia
@ScottA ....Hello Scott....sorry I just re-read what I wrote and sent to you, and I realized that most of it, I should have sent to the person who was questioning you, not to you....so I'm sorry if it comes across all weird, I just got a bit mixed up in my head as to who and what I was actually addressing....Old age is catching up I'm sorry to say lol.
Just wanted to also say thank you for all your great posts...There are a few people on this forum who have the ability to stay calm, collected, balanced and wise, and you are one of them.......We could surely do with more, but at least we do have some here.....I have seen forums in the past, I couldn't have stood for even a day, just full of arrogance, pride and judgementalism.....Thank you Scott :)
Yes, I too have experience with visions from God - more real than anything in this life.

It is those who have not experienced God in this way who describe visions "like" dreams. Or perhaps, even we who have experienced it, simply are lost for better words to describe it.

My point to him, was that he is living in a similar "vision", a "created" "image" of things "manifest" from on high. Therefore, because of his understanding of how wrong it is to take dreams at face value, he should come to understand how it is just as wrong to see the world as real, rather than what it is an "image" of.

Christ has promised to speak to us plainly (not in the parables that make up life in the world), and to send us the Helper to lead us into all truth. Therefore, we should expect to hear the meaning of all parables of the world explained, just as Christ did for His apostles as an example.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks - ditto!

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. You are referring to Jesus, so that is how I will answer. Notice, that you spoke figuratively...but I understood you. First, when we hear of the Son of God, whom is God..."Son" is figurative, for He is really God [with us]. Second, Christ "lowered" Himself: God lowered Himself to the status of a "created" offspring...and "image" of Himself - "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father." But if you do not understand the meaning of "created" and "image", and if you are not honest with their meaning...then you are limited to the illusion that was "created." I am not speaking to you regarding the "image", as much as I am speaking to you of what the "image" is an image of - the real truth in plain language, rather than the figurative imagery that exist in the world which was given over to Satan, designed by God to confound and judge him. Why should you also be confounded, when by the Holy Spirit we can come to know all truth? So...to answer your first point and question: As I said before - all of this [world] is figurative, even the Son, whom is rather Almighty God.
  2. If you saw you in a dream having a dream of seeing a car, is any of it real? No - not the first dream or the second dream, none of it. What I am saying, as is the Word of God, is that "all things come in parables", everything you know and see is "created" and a mere "image" of that which is real...which "no man has see, except the Son." If you do not believe me - believe God.
  3. It is I who am "explaining literal vs figure of speech to a grown man." You are a character in a story that is written...and you don't even know it.

No, Jesus Christ lowered himself to the form of a servant, where his previous form was the form of glory. What glory? The glory where "he clothed himself with light", for "glory" means to radiate light, hence when Moses was "glorified", he veiled his face because the Israelites were afraid to look upon him. And what was the form of a servant he came as? Well, look where he was born, in a manger, not in a grand palace where the king of all creation ought to have been born, but God had a purpose for this. These are are literal matters that you are mistaking for figures of speech. You do not correctly divide the word of God, leading you to much confusion, which is apparent by the way you write.

Reactions: Truth

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Jesus Christ lowered himself to the form of a servant, where his previous form was the form of glory. What glory? The glory where "he clothed himself with light", for "glory" means to radiate light, hence when Moses was "glorified", he veiled his face because the Israelites were afraid to look upon him. And what was the form of a servant he came as? Well, look where he was born, in a manger, not in a grand palace where the king of all creation ought to have been born, but God had a purpose for this. These are are literal matters that you are mistaking for figures of speech. You do not correctly divide the word of God, leading you to much confusion, which is apparent by the way you write.
I have quoted God saying exactly what I have been saying: "all things come in parables", that everything you are talking about was "created" and the "image" of what is "greater", just as God is greater. But you will not hear.

You only recognize what is of the world and in the world, and not what is on high. I have correctly divided what is of the world from that which is of the kingdom, and you deny that which is of the spirit and of God, and pass it off as figurative language on my part, as if the world were all there is. You are sadly mistaken.

As you will then. So be it.

Last edited:

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have quoted God saying exactly what I have been saying: "all things come in parables", that everything you are talking about was "created" and the "image" of what is "greater", just as God is greater. But you will not hear.

You only recognize what is of the world and in the world, and not what is on high. I have correctly divided what is of the world from that which is of the kingdom, and you deny that which is of the spirit and of God, and pass it off as figurative language on my part, as if the world were all there is. You are sadly mistaken.

As you will then. So be it.

Oh, and you recognize what is on high, yet you deny that the second coming of Jesus Christ is literal? What a fool.