The Pre-Trib Rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlie

Feb 12, 2011

rocko, why did you only quote Matthew 24: 37. You must "rightly divide." That's why you don't understand Scripture. vs 37 is part of the answer to the third question and it goes from 24:29 through 25:36. Vs 37 is even a part of a smaller sub-division from 24: 32--41:

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

The flood took them away, THEY DIED! It was not God that "took them away."

Noah and those in the ark were taken away, Tom. They did not die in the flood.

The ones 'taken away' in a pre-trib rapture, like Noah and those in the ark, will not die - either during the 7 year the tribulation or the wrath of God.

God Bless you. Charlie

TWC

Dec 1, 2008
Matthew 24:38-39
For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

It was those who were eating, drinking, marrying and giving in marriage who were taken. Noah and his family were the ones who were left.

Charlie

Feb 12, 2011

Since you quoted me, I'll take that to mean you're up for the challenge.

With Rev.3:4, our Lord Jesus Christ is only making the point that some there that will be at Christ's side, serving Him after the separation of His sheep from the goats (Matt.25). More detail of that is given in Ezekiel 44 with a distinction between two main groups of priests, one group that will NOT be allowed in His direct Presence, and the other The Just (Zadok) that will serve Him at His table.

There is nothing within that pointing to a Pre-trib rapture prior to the tribulation. Interpreting that it does just goes to show how the Pre-trib preachers have made many spiritually drunken in that doctrine that makes them blinded.

In the Rev.3:10 verse, being kept from the "hour of temptation" has a specific meaning. It simply means not being... 'tempted'. Any idea of a physical removal, like a rapture, has to be added by those who are drunken in the night on pre-trib doctrines.

Furthermore, the way rockytopva has taught that those seven Messages to the Churches is about historical periods only, but that Message to the Church of Philadelphia gives a tribulation time warning, reveals once again how many are drunken in the night today with doctrines from wolves in sheep's clothing hiding behind many pulpits.

You refer to Matthew 25 and the sheep and goats, in relationship to Rev. 3:4, this is in Matt. 25:31-33

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory, and before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: and he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

1. The separation will be of nations, not individuals.

2. It will take place at the end of the 1,000 years.

3. It bears no relationship to the messages to the churches.

With respect to Rev. 3:10, l agree "hour of temptation" has a specific meaning:

from 1537 the 3588 hour 5610 of temptation 3986

The 7 year tribulation period will certainly be a 'time of temptation' for believers but (the church of Philadelphia), Rev. 3:1-0

I also 2504 will keep 5083 from 1537, the hour of temptation,[/b]

The numbers are Strong's Concordance numbers and I suggest you look up their meaning then get back to me on this.

I'm surprised, my friend, that you appear to have given some credence to that which Rockytopva teaches in this regard.

God Bless you. Charlie.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

You refer to Matthew 25 and the sheep and goats, in relationship to Rev. 3:4, this is in Matt. 25:31-33

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory, and before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: and he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

1. The separation will be of nations, not individuals.

WRONG! Christ's sheep IS His Body, His Church. I ain't gonna' waste time showing all the Scripture evidence for that, you ought to know it. But I will show one...

John 10:25-31
25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me.
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of My sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand.
29 My Father, Which gave them Me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of My Father's hand.
30 I and My Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.
(KJV)

If you are not one of Christ's sheep, then you don't hear His voice.

2. It will take place at the end of the 1,000 years.

That idea speaks of Dispensationalist doctrines of men, not God's Word. Like a few others here, you probably think the "sheep" symbol only refers to Israel, along with the false idea that Israel isn't gathered to Christ until the end of His thousand years reign. Wrong. Looks like you and those others need to study John 10 more, and quite a few other Scriptures, especially from the OT prophets about believing Israel's gathering along with Gentile believers, both together in Christ Jesus. God's Israel IS Christ's Church, even as Apostle Paul showed in Rom.9 and Eph.2.

3. It bears no relationship to the messages to the churches.

What did I just say? If you don't think the "sheep" symbol applies to all of Christ's Church as One Body, then you got more Bible study to do.

The 7 year tribulation period will certainly be a 'time of temptation' for believers but (the church of Philadelphia), Rev. 3:1-0

The numbers are Strong's Concordance numbers and I suggest you look up their meaning then get back to me on this.

I don't think you know WHAT gives the correct Bible meaning of that phrase "hour of temptation". It's called the rest of God's Word The Bible. I'm trying to be respectful here.

If a little child has been taught nothing but the pre-trib rapture doctrines, their minds filled with it, and then they're asked what that Rev.3:10 verse of being kept from the hour of temptation means, what do you think they will answer?

But if that little child is raised up in study of ALL of God's Holy Writ, they are not as likely to give the same answer. Many brethren that have left the Pre-trib doctrines did that AFTER they got into a more complete study of all of God's Word. Even the TV evangelist Jim Baker that went to prison did that; his prison stay gave him more time for thorough Bible study.

I'm surprised, my friend, that you appear to have given some credence to that which Rockytopva teaches in this regard.

Sorry, but I think you might want to adjust your reading glasses brother. I never agreed with rockytopva on anything to do with the pre-trib rapture doctrines.

Respectfully, may God bless you too, and I hope The LORD lets you stay for a while to see how it's all going to pan out.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So rapture isn't in the bible...

But caught up is!

But thief in the night is!

As Christians we must be ready 24/7 to be stolen away by our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. - 1 Thessalonians 4:2

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. - 1 Thessalonians 5:4

But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. - Matthew 24:23

And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through. - Luke 12:39

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. - Revelation 3:3

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 16:15

In which you guys are quoting scripture referring to the rapture... You are just twisting scripture to fit your own perspective.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

But caught up is!

As Christians we must be ready 24/7 to be stolen away by our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. - 1 Thessalonians 4:2

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. - 1 Thessalonians 5:4

But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. - Matthew 24:23

And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through. - Luke 12:39

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. - Revelation 3:3

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 16:15

In which you guys are quoting scripture referring to the rapture... You are just twisting scripture to fit your own perspective.

So what gives you the idea that the word "thief" is meaning "rapture." Have you read the words before and after the word "Thief?" When does the day start? Hint: Genesis 1

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

But caught up is!

Nope, the word rapture is NOT in God's Word. Know what else? The "caught up" phrase isn't either, that is to say, not in the Greek manuscripts which the KJV translators got their English translations from. Greek 'harpazo' does not give a DIRECTION like up.

You've already shown us you don't know how that "thief in the night" is meant per Scripture. All you seem to do is want to quote it, then forget how Paul and our Lord Jesus applied it within Scripture. The pre-trib teachers have taught you how to make slogans out of God's Word instead of actually taking time to understand It.

More slogan making again I see.

Funny how you quote those two verses, but you show you don't understand them. And you already left out the previous time marker Paul gave with the "as a thief" marker, which is called "the day of the Lord", remember that?

Just to let others here that might want to know, the "day of the Lord" events are given SPECIFICALLY FOR THE END OF THE TRIBULATION. The OT prophets gave a whole... lot... of detail about those events too, man. Apostle Peter did also, in 2 Peter 3.

But per your pre-trib doctrine, it wrongly moves that "thief in the night" timing up, to prior to the tribulation, when it is hard-linked to the day of the Lord events, which again, only occur at the END of the tribulation. You show your Biblical ignorance with that "thief in the night" phrase totally.

You also don't know what the above means. It's declaring that if you know what "watch" the thief would come, then you would watch, and not allow your house to be broken up. But the pre-trib doctrine doesn't want you to watch, but to just be ready, right? Ready for you don't know what, sad for me to say. You're already prepped to follow the first messiah that comes, thinking he will be our Lord Jesus, when our Lord Jesus told you to not believe on that first one that comes working great wonders and miracles on earth.

Wow, can you believe this? You quoted Peter about that "day of the Lord" coming "as a thief" WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING THAT DAY OF THE LORD IS ABOUT THE EVENTS THAT END THE GREAT TRIBULATION! All you're showing us is just how spiritually 'drunken' you are on the pre-trib doctrines that have you in confusion. Somebody's got to let you know.

You missed the meaning of that one too! IF we don't stay on watch, only then we won't know the hour of Christ's coming. That's what He said there. What's the opposite of that? Simple. IF we stay on watch, then we WILL know the hour of Christ's coming. Christ's Message there is to 'watch', so you will know.

Once again, what's Christ Message there? Is He saying to watch, or not? He is saying to watch. That's HOW His servants will be blessed, for that's how to keep your garments and not walk naked and ashamed later, after His coming.

Sorry, but you want the pre-trib rapture to be true so... much, that it has blinded you away from comprehending the simplicity of the Scripture. Ever hear of someone that fell in love with a person that later turned out to be bad for them, and their friends and family tried to warn them beforehand, but love had the emotional blinders on where they couldn't see? Emotions can be a powerful thing. And there's a lot of men out in the world that are experts at manipulating them with playing a game of religion. Our Lord loves us, but He wants us to actually 'understand' His Word, not play religion with it.

Charlie

Feb 12, 2011
WRONG! Christ's sheep IS His Body, His Church. I ain't gonna' waste time showing all the Scripture evidence for that, you ought to know it.

Yes, Christ's sheep is His body but the scripture clearly states the separation will be of nations not His body, Matt.
25:32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another,

If you are not going to believe the scripture, my friend, further discussion will be a waste of time.

Veteran:
I don't think you know WHAT gives the correct Bible meaning of that phrase "hour of temptation". It's called the rest of God's Word The Bible. I'm trying to be respectful here.

How can you transpose "hour of temptation" into "the rest of God's Word the Bible?

That idea speaks of Dispensationalist doctrines of men, not God's Word. Like a few others here, you probably think the "sheep" symbol only refers to Israel, along with the false idea that Israel isn't gathered to Christ until the end of His thousand years reign. Wrong. Looks like you and those others need to study John 10 more, and quite a few other Scriptures, especially from the OT prophets about believing Israel's gathering along with Gentile believers, bottogether in Christ Jesus. God's Israel IS Christ's Church, even as Apostle Paul showed in Rom.9 and Eph.2.

Yes, my friend, I am a dispenationalist. Christ's body will be resurrected/raptured before the start of the last week, of the 70 weeks of years that were determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, Dan. 9:24

I just say? If you don't think the "sheep" symbol applies to all of Christ's Church as One Body, then you got more Bible study to do.

I respectfully suggest you do more Bible study yourself, but only if you are prepared to believe all that is written in the Bible in the original autographs.

God Bless you. Charlie.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

Yes, Christ's sheep is His body but the scripture clearly states the separation will be of nations not His body, Matt.
25:32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another,

When Christ said all nations will be gathered at His Presence, and His sheep are separated from the goats, THAT IS about individuals being separated, the wicked being separated from His servants. It's really simple, you're just trying to read something more into it that's not there. You can't just leave out important parts of His Message there in favor of some Dispensationalist doctrine about sheep and goats...

Matt 25:34
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, "Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
(KJV)

Do some more Bible study on that idea of "from the foundation of the world" what those sheep inherit, and you might then properly understand who all those sheep represent. Apostle Paul gave quite a bit about that idea of those chosen from the foundation of the world to be in Christ Jesus (Eph.1:4; Rom.8 - 9).

If you are not going to believe the scripture, my friend, further discussion will be a waste of time.

That statement irrelevant, a loaded type statement like, "have you stopped beating your wife?"

How can you transpose "hour of temptation" into "the rest of God's Word the Bible?

How can you isolate the rest of God's Word from it like you've done, and apply a pre-trib rapture to it that isn't mentioned there at all? The phrase "will keep" in Rev.3:10 per the Greek can mean 'to guard, hold fast', or didn't you know? For that verse to be about a physical rapture, it depends upon that "will keep" (tereo) Greek word. Nothing there to indicate it's a removal from the earth, but it is more about being protected, or guarded away from temptation. Don't have to leave the earth to do that. The pre-trib doctrine has wrongly taught you to read physical escape into it which isn't there.

Yes, my friend, I am a dispenationalist. Christ's body will be resurrected/raptured before the start of the last week, of the 70 weeks of years that were determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, Dan. 9:24

I figured as much.

And no, Christ's Body won't be gathered to Him until He comes on "the day of the Lord", which is also when the tribulation ends. rockytopva is confused on that "thief in the night" link with "the day of the Lord" given along with it, just as you apparently are too. I wonder what idea the pre-trib school will come up with to counter those two events, and try to separate them like they have done with the resurrection in 1 Thess.4 and 1 Cor.15.

I respectfully suggest you do more Bible study yourself, but only if you are prepared to believe all that is written in the Bible in the original autographs.

God Bless you. Charlie.

I respect your age, but not your Bible scholarship. I'll leave it at that.

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011
How can you isolate the rest of God's Word from it like you've done, and apply a pre-trib rapture to it that isn't mentioned there at all? The phrase "will keep" in Rev.3:10 per the Greek can mean 'to guard, hold fast', or didn't you know? For that verse to be about a physical rapture, it depends upon that "will keep" (tereo) Greek word. Nothing there to indicate it's a removal from the earth, but it is more about being protected, or guarded away from temptation. Don't have to leave the earth to do that. The pre-trib doctrine has wrongly taught you to read physical escape into it which isn't there.

What temptation?

Joshua David

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

God Bless you. Charlie.

[/font]

Which "original autographs" are you talking about, cb?

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

God Bless you. Charlie.

Cb,
Rev 3:10 is one verse that is part of a letter written to the pastor of the Assembly of Philadelphia. They are the ones “kept from the hour of temptation.” Why are they “kept from the hour of temptation?” It’s because they know who the tempter is and they are not deceived by him. They stay for the fight. Five of the seven Assemblies will be deceived if their pastors don’t get their act together.

Charlie

Feb 12, 2011

Cb,
Rev 3:10 is one verse that is part of a letter written to the pastor of the Assembly of Philadelphia. They are the ones “kept from the hour of temptation.” Why are they “kept from the hour of temptation?” It’s because they know who the tempter is and they are not deceived by him. They stay for the fight. Five of the seven Assemblies will be deceived if their pastors don’t get their act together.

Charlie -- The letters were written to all of us, Tom, not just to the pastors of the 7 churches.

Being "kept from the hour of temptation" means not being present during that time and I believe that time will be the time of tribulation during which many will be required to take the mark of the Beast in order to but or sell. Many believers will not take the mark or worship the Beast and some of those who will not take it will be beheaded for refusing to take it, or to worship the beast. They will be the souls of Rev. 20:4.

The message makes no mention of 'staying for a fight'. We are all fighting, now, Tom, by resisting the present temptations that face us, daily.

God Bless you. Charlie

Charlie

Feb 12, 2011
[/b]
When Christ said all nations will be gathered at His Presence, and His sheep are separated from the goats, THAT IS about individuals being separated, the wicked being separated from His servants. It's really simple, you're just trying to read something more into it that's not there. You can't just leave out important parts of His Message there in favor of some Dispensationalist doctrine about sheep and goats...

Charlie -- My apologies,the word, 'nations' can mean people therefore it will be sheep and goat individuals.

By the way, my earlier understanding was not influenced by my dispensationalist belief. Members of all races, including the Hebrew race, will be included in the 'separating'.

Do a Bible study on that idea of "from the foundation of the world" what those sheep inherit, and you might then properly understand who all those sheep represent. Apostle Paul gave quite a bit about that idea of those chosen from the foundation of the world to be in Christ Jesus (Eph.1:4; Rom.8 - 9).

Yes, and it is interesting to read that Rom. 8 - 9 each apply to both Jew and Gentile believers.

And no, Christ's Body won't be gathered to Him until He comes on "the day of the Lord", which is also when the tribulation ends.

It will only be part of the body of Christ, those who are accounted worthy to be resurrected/raptured, who will be given incorruptible bodies and will rule, from heaven, under the leadership of the Lamb of God, over all the nations of the world during the 1,000 years.

I respect your age, but not your Bible scholarship. I'll leave it at that.

Charlie -- I respect you, also, but question some of your Bible scholarship.

We are both still scholars, my friend.

God Bless you. Charlie

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So what gives you the idea that the word "thief" is meaning "rapture." Have you read the words before and after the word "Thief?" When does the day start? Hint: Genesis 1

Christ comes as a thief in the night... On an ordinary day... At an ordinary time...

[sup]40[/sup]Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. [sup]41[/sup]Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

[sup]42[/sup]Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. - Matthew 24: 40, 41, 42

[sup]33[/sup]Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

[sup]34[/sup]I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

[sup]35[/sup]Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

[sup]36[/sup]Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

[sup]37[/sup]And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together. - Luke 17: 33, 34,35, 26, 37

TWC

Dec 1, 2008
Matthew 24:37-41
As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

Noah wasn't taken. He was left.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Charlie -- The letters were written to all of us, Tom, not just to the pastors of the 7 churches.

Being "kept from the hour of temptation" means not being present during that time ...

The letters were written primarily to the heads of each Assembly. Rev 3:7 "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write..."

So you think "kept" somehow means you are going to fly away? You guys keep your eyes firmly shut maybe someday before it's too late you will wake up.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The letters were written primarily to the heads of each Assembly. Rev 3:7 "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write..."

So you think "kept" somehow means you are going to fly away? You guys keep your eyes firmly shut maybe someday before it's too late you will wake up.

Webster... Newsflash! The Assemblies are churches... The Greek word is ekklēsia... And is the same word used for every word 'church' in the new testament... Ecclesiastical...

Look at Websters definition of the word... http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ecclesiastical

ec·cle·si·as·ti·cal
[ih-klee-zee-as-ti-kuh
thinsp.png
l] Show IPA –adjective of or pertaining to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.

The seven churches are seven churches that would unfold through history... http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/14071-the-pre-trib-rapture/

The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. - Revelation 1:20

The seven churches in Revelation were insignificant in John's time and nonexistent here in modern times. The values are metaphoric to the churches that would unfold through history.