The Pre-Trib Rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, and in Revelation, he doesn't actually come back with his armies from heaven until after all seven seals, seven trumpets and seven vials. WAY later, near the very end of the book.

See, this backs up what I'm saying. Nothing he said was new. For the most part, all Christ and his apostles did was quote Gods "holy prophets" from back in the olden days. These Eurocentric, orthodox Churches cannot claim to understand what they were actually trying to say without this understanding. Ain't NOTHING in there about escaping judgement without recompense or repentance as a nation and a people, for your sins AND that of your ancestors. God is just, and justice WILL be served. ;)
On that part, I disagree. Let me explain. Christ said when he reigns in his kingdom he will separate the just from unjust and with the unjust, they’ll be cast into utter darkness. He will come to establish his kingdom and in that kingdom he lays down all rule and authority. This happens after the last Trumpet but before the bowls. The bowls are that out poured un-diluted mixture that destroys those that destroy the earth. IMHO, that happens after he reigns, after the resurrection of the dead, after the judgment seat and after Satan is sealed.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On that part, I disagree. Let me explain. Christ said when he reigns in his kingdom he will separate the just from unjust and with the unjust, they’ll be cast into utter darkness. He will come to establish his kingdom and in that kingdom he lays down all rule and authority. This happens after the last Trumpet but before the bowls. The bowls are that out poured un-diluted mixture that destroys those that destroy the earth. IMHO, that happens after he reigns, after the resurrection of the dead, after the judgment seat and after Satan is sealed.

Here is where you are getting confused. The last trumpet spiel is what is throwing many people off. When he gave that Olivet Speech, he made it very clear that no one but the Father knew of the day or the hour of exactly how end times events were to play out, in Chronological order.

(Matthew 24:36) "¶ But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

The only book that tells us how it occurs in chronological order is the book of Revelation. That's why it is called Revelation. No other book does that, not the writings of Paul, not Matthew, not even old testament prophecy. None of them had the book of Revelation, we do. Therefore, we can know the time we are in. So in Revelation, the last trumpet is not the actual establishment of the kingdom, nor does his return occur on that day. It doesn't say any of that at all. Even the "day of the lord" is different in how it is described in other books. In Revelation, the context of the last trumpet is God's announcement that Satan's time is running short, that he's about to get run up off the block....starting by getting kicked out of heaven, which is why war in heaven begins.

(Revelation 11:15-19) "And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.........{18} And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. {19} And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail."

The nations are angry because Satan is angry, because he knows that last trumpet means his time is running short, as shown in the next chapter.

(Revelation 12:7-9) "And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, {8} And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. {9} And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

(Revelation 12:11-12) "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. {12} Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."

Christs actual reign doesn't begin until WAY later, after the seven vials. So there is no separation from the just and unjust at this time. The first thing that occurs, before ANY trumpet is even blown is the separation, the regathering of Israel, the true seed of Jacob at the sixth seal. Every single prophet spoke of it, and that's all Christ was talking about in his Olivet Speech, with the blood moon, dark sun, and stars falling from heaven, and his angels going to the four corners of the earth to gather his literal blood family.

The Day of the Lord:

(Revelation 6:12-17) "And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; {13} And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. {14} And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. {15} And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; {16} And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: {17} For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?"

(Luke 21:28) "Look up, for your redemption is near":

(Revelation 7:9-10) "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; {10} And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.".....

(Revelation 7:13-14) "And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? {14} And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

Here is the regathering of Israel, or Revelation 7, in the wilderness in Ezekiel:

(Ezekiel 20:33-44) "¶ As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you: {34} And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out. {35} And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face. {36} Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord GOD. {37} And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant: {38} And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the LORD. {39} As for you, O house of Israel, thus saith the Lord GOD; Go ye, serve ye every one his idols, and hereafter also, if ye will not hearken unto me: but pollute ye my holy name no more with your gifts, and with your idols.

{40} For in mine holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them in the land, serve me: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the firstfruits of your oblations, with all your holy things. {41} I will accept you with your sweet savour, when I bring you out from the people, and gather you out of the countries wherein ye have been scattered; and I will be sanctified in you before the heathen. {42} And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall bring you into the land of Israel, into the country for the which I lifted up mine hand to give it to your fathers. {43} And there shall ye remember your ways, and all your doings, wherein ye have been defiled; and ye shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for all your evils that ye have committed. {44} And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have wrought with you for my name’s sake, not according to your wicked ways, nor according to your corrupt doings, O ye house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD."

Like I said, Christ and his Apostles were only quoting the old testament prophets because that's all they had at the time. But we have Revelation now, so we know exactly how everything spoken of in all books before it is supposed to occur. And my further proof of this is Paul's spiel about the last trumpet being the resurrection. In Revelation, the resurrections don't occur until after Christs second coming on his white horse with his armies, and after the ACTUAL establishment of the kingdom. All of that is well after the seven vials. Now if by "rapure", yall Christians mean the second exodus of the true seed of Jacob that was scattered in captivity on slave ships into all nations, as Christ, and literally every old testament prophet prophesied to occur, the ones your kinfolk have been calling "niggers", or "nigers" (Acts 13:1), then fine. You will be spared the judgment you have coming to you, but only by repenting of the sins of your forefathers and cleaving to Israel, the real one, because its Israel that Christ is coming back for, his family, not you. He is coming back for the ones you and your ancestors put in hard bondage.

(Isaiah 14:1-3) "For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob. {2} And the people shall take them, and bring them to their place: and the house of Israel shall possess them in the land of the LORD for servants and handmaids: and they shall take them captives, whose captives they were; and they shall rule over their oppressors. {3} And it shall come to pass in the day that the LORD shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve,"

Last edited:

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And my further proof of this is Paul's spiel about the last trumpet being the resurrection. In Revelation, the resurrections don't occur until after Christs second coming on his white horse with his armies, and after the ACTUAL establishment of the kingdom. All of that is well after the seven vials. Now if by "rapure", yall Christians mean the second exodus of the true seed of Jacob

You do not understand what the Last Trump means in reference to the Rapture. Now you may understand what I am going to tell you, but you are not associating it correctly.

Israel celebrated the 7 Feasts of Leviticus, they were Holy Convocations, (Dress Rehearsals) and in those 7 Feasts God foretold the whole history of mankind. Jesus fulfills all 7.

Spring Feasts Jesus fulfilled already.

1.) Passover (Jesus' blood covers our sins)
2.) Feast of Unleavened Bread (Jesus was without sin)
3.) Feast of First-fruits (Jesus was the First-fruits of the Grave)

Summer Harvest on the calendar all alone/Church Age/Time of the Gentiles.
4.) Feast of Weeks/The Harvest/Church Age/Pentecost ( We are harvesting souls for the master, in place of the Jewish nation which refused om repent, we are made of of some messianic Jews, because Israel was only blinded IN PART, as a nation, not in full, so individuals can see if they seek God just like the rest of us. In Jewish tradition, the 100th Trump ALWAYS ended the Summer Harvest (BOOM). Israel's years were Lunar years, so they never knew the EXACT DAY nor the EXACT HOUR that the New Year would come in, thus they sent out two-witnesses to spy out the New Moon, once it cane in they sent word back and the Jewish leaders would blow the Shofar in 9 sets of 11 or 99 times, then on the "LAST TRUMP" which was the 100th, they would blow it LONGER and LOUDER than all of the others, and this Last Trump officially ended the Harvest. Likewise, when Jesus blows the Last Trump as Rev. 4:1 says he does, his VOICE Sounded as a Trump when he told John to "Come up here", thus when Jesus blows this Last Trump that will officially end the Church Age Harvest of souls.

Fall Feasts yet to be fulfilled.
5.) Feast of Trumps ( I explained this above in order o tie the Harvest and Trumps together. Now the Feast of Trumps has ended the Harvests, its also announced tat the Feasts of Atonement and of Tabernacles are nigh at hand.)

6.) Feast of Atonement (The Time of the Gentiles is over, Israel must now REPENT and we see that 1/3 do just that in Zechariah 13:8-9 and we know Elijah is sent back to ensure this just as Malachi 4:5-6 says. So, Israel, ATONES just before the coming Day of the Lord.)

7.) Feast of Tabernacles ( To tabernacle means to DWELL with God. This Jesus ruling from Jerusalem for 1000 years qualifies as God DWELLING with Israel.)

The Last Trump simply Means Jesus ENDS the Harvest/Church Age !!

Last edited:

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is where you are getting confused. The last trumpet spiel is what is throwing many people off.
I'm old, but I'm not confused. It is more a difference in opinion and what the spirit shows. I could give multiple examples of why I believe what I do, but it'll fall on deaf ears if the reader isn't ready to hear. That doesn't mean the reader has to believe it, but just to search it out.

The only book that tells us how it occurs in chronological order is the book of Revelation
Well, I have to disagree with this as well. Also IMHO, Revelation is not chronological. Rev 10 is written prior to Rev 11:1-14 yet Rev 10 takes place after those verses. For example: Parts of Rev 13, 14, 15, 17, 18 and 19 all lay within different points of the various trumpets. There is a chronological stance in Revelation and scripture that harmonizes with itself, but the whole of Revelation isn't Chronological chapter to chapter.

Christs actual reign doesn't begin until WAY later, after the seven vials.
Matthew 25:31-46, Matthew 19:28, 2 Timothy 4:1, Song of Solomon 3:11, Revelation 11:15, Revelation 11:19, Daniel 2:44
Revelation 11:18 Christ just started his beginning to reign and just finished judging the dead (bema seat), and rewarding all his servants, saints, prophets and what comes after this is to destroy those that destroy the earth. In previous times, a King doesn't war against an enemy till he is reigning and defending his Kingdom. A King on a long journey that is departing to another land in order to secure his Kingdom, and asks his people to occupy till He returns, doesn't make war without leading the charge.

Now if by "rapure", yall Christians mean the second exodus of the true seed of Jacob that was scattered in captivity on slave ships into all nations, as Christ, and literally every old testament prophet prophesied to occur, the ones your kinfolk have been calling .......
I am quoting you here except I deleted your choice of crude and disrespectful choice of words. What man calls himself a Christian and uses such derogatory terms? Would Christ? No. Are we to walk in Christ likeness? Yes. Flee from such language to be pure, holy and acceptable before God. - Please read James 3:1-9
Secondly, It sounds like you tend to think God see's colors and makes one special over another, yet there is no difference between Jew or Greek for we are all one in God. Equally yoked is just that, one in Christ with the same mind.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes: Well, about 78% of Ukrainians that identify with a religion are orthodox Christians, so I have a simple question for those who believe in this "rapture" spiel. What happened to the so called "rapture" for your fellow Christians in Ukraine? Or is this rapture only for westerners? Americans? According to many of yall interpretations of end times prophecy, those who believe in a pre-trib rapture especially, your behinds should have BEEN up out of here a while ago. So what happened?

?

Tribulations and war seem to happen in all generations, not just the last generation before the end of the age. We should all expect to be tested in our faith, and even to suffer because we believe in Jesus.

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I'm old, but I'm not confused. It is more a difference in opinion and what the spirit shows. I could give multiple examples of why I believe what I do, but it'll fall on deaf ears if the reader isn't ready to hear. That doesn't mean the reader has to believe it, but just to search it out.

Well, I have to disagree with this as well. Also IMHO, Revelation is not chronological. Rev 10 is written prior to Rev 11:1-14 yet Rev 10 takes place after those verses. For example: Parts of Rev 13, 14, 15, 17, 18 and 19 all lay within different points of the various trumpets. There is a chronological stance in Revelation and scripture that harmonizes with itself, but the whole of Revelation isn't Chronological chapter to chapter.

Matthew 25:31-46, Matthew 19:28, 2 Timothy 4:1, Song of Solomon 3:11, Revelation 11:15, Revelation 11:19, Daniel 2:44
Revelation 11:18 Christ just started his beginning to reign and just finished judging the dead (bema seat), and rewarding all his servants, saints, prophets and what comes after this is to destroy those that destroy the earth. In previous times, a King doesn't war against an enemy till he is reigning and defending his Kingdom. A King on a long journey that is departing to another land in order to secure his Kingdom, and asks his people to occupy till He returns, doesn't make war without leading the charge.

I am quoting you here except I deleted your choice of crude and disrespectful choice of words. What man calls himself a Christian and uses such derogatory terms? Would Christ? No. Are we to walk in Christ likeness? Yes. Flee from such language to be pure, holy and acceptable before God. - Please read James 3:1-9
Secondly, It sounds like you tend to think God see's colors and makes one special over another, yet there is no difference between Jew or Greek for we are all one in God. Equally yoked is just that, one in Christ with the same mind.
It's a matter of asking 'Who?' as well as 'What?".

Does 1 Corinthians 11.26 refer to Israel being raptured? No, it refers to the church.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
?

Tribulations and war seem to happen in all generations, not just the last generation before the end of the age. We should all expect to be tested in our faith, and even to suffer because we believe in Jesus.

Much love!
The great tribulation of Matthew 24 seems to refer to a unique, future event, while in John 16.33 it is the general tribulation principle that is definitely in view, with the comforting assurance also: 'but be of good cheer: I have overcome the world'.

Reactions: marks

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not understand what the Last Trump means in reference to the Rapture. Now you may understand what I am going to tell you, but you are not associating it correctly.

:rolleyes: No I do actually. I am a Hebrew Israelite. The time of YOU, telling ME what to believe about my book is long over Gentile. Time is running short, I do not have time to be f****** around with your foolishness. I didn't come back here to this den of foolishness to waste my time debating with you about MY own damn book. I'm telling YOU what to believe, and I'm going to let God do the talking for me as prophecy continues to be fulfilled.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
?

Much Love!

:rolleyes: Yeah, well tested you most certainly will be. Everything your ancestors did to MY people, and your kinfolk continue to do to my people to this day, your reward for your "faith" will be double for all of it, so good luck to you. You will find out the hard way that you have inherited lies from the Devil. Just like you put my ancestors in captivity, so are you for the sins of yours.

(Jeremiah 16:16-21) "¶ Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. {17} For mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from my face, neither is their iniquity hid from mine eyes. {18} And first I will recompense their iniquity and their sin double; because they have defiled my land, they have filled mine inheritance with the carcases of their detestable and abominable things. {19} O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. {20} Shall a man make gods unto himself, and they are no gods? {21} Therefore, behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know mine hand and my might; and they shall know that my name is The LORD."

(Jeremiah 30:10-17) "¶ Therefore fear thou not, O my servant Jacob, saith the LORD; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid. {11} For I am with thee, saith the LORD, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet will I not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished. {12} For thus saith the LORD, Thy bruise is incurable, and thy wound is grievous. {13} There is none to plead thy cause, that thou mayest be bound up: thou hast no healing medicines. {14} All thy lovers have forgotten thee; they seek thee not; for I have wounded thee with the wound of an enemy, with the chastisement of a cruel one, for the multitude of thine iniquity; because thy sins were increased. {15} Why criest thou for thine affliction? thy sorrow is incurable for the multitude of thine iniquity: because thy sins were increased, I have done these things unto thee. {16} Therefore all they that devour thee shall be devoured; and all thine adversaries, every one of them, shall go into captivity; and they that spoil thee shall be a spoil, and all that prey upon thee will I give for a prey. {17} For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after."

:) Oh how I long for this day that my Hebrew Israelite family ain't gotta see yall's face no more. Now don't say I didn't warn you, and don't come running to me or my Hebrew Israelite family when the most high Yahweh unleashes that death angel on the world (pale horse) and get to dropping bodies en masse. Don't be one of those heathens that go running for the hills on the day God cracks that sky open and shows his face. You have a way out of this lovely "test" of your so called faith you claim to have and are so eagerly awaiting, because its not going to be a feel good test. Its going to get real ugly.

So......"Much Love!" :confused:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything your ancestors did to MY people, and your kinfolk continue to do to my people to this day, your reward for your "faith" will be double for all of it, so good luck to you. You will find out the hard way that you have inherited lies from the Devil. Just like you put my ancestors in captivity, so are you for the sins of yours.
What ever are you talking about??

Much love!

Reactions: Taken

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What ever are you talking about??

Much love!

:rolleyes: If you want to be willfully dense, fine, you have fun with that, and enjoy your "test" of faith in your captivity to come. Look at my User image, and get a grip.

(Revelation 13:10) "He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword."

"much Love"

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ME8UWV6_o.jpg

:rolleyes:......

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I do actually. I am a Hebrew Israelite. The time of YOU, telling ME what to believe about my book is long over Gentile. Time is running short, I do not have time to be f****** around with your foolishness. I didn't come back here to this den of foolishness to waste my time debating with you about MY own damn book. I'm telling YOU what to believe, and I'm going to let God do the talking for me as prophecy continues to be fulfilled.
I as a human being can and will explain the things of God to anyone I please to, and your cursing to a preacher on a Christian site is a joke sir, you should be ashamed of yourself. And let me tell you something, the Bible is God's Word to ALL MEN, not just Jews. If you took the time to read what I say you would understand I am the most pro Jewish Christian you have probably ever met. Or never met........

I understand the bible, the Pharisees didn't so Jesus chose mere babes with zero knowledge.

Last edited:

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes: No I do actually. I am a Hebrew Israelite. The time of YOU, telling ME what to believe about my book is long over Gentile. Time is running short, I do not have time to be f****** around with your foolishness. I didn't come back here to this den of foolishness to waste my time debating with you about MY own damn book. I'm telling YOU what to believe, and I'm going to let God do the talking for me as prophecy continues to be fulfilled.
@No Pre-TB

The Pre-Trib Rapture

The Pre-Trib Rapture

:rolleyes: See my above responses. Good luck to you, in all your tribulations. I'm certainly not going down with you. Just like my Hebrew Israelite brother in the video below is done with you gentiles, so am I.

1. Prideful
2. Un loving
3. Disrespectful
4. Foul mouthed

Nothing in your previous 5 responses is Christ likeness. Having a difference of opinion isn’t wrong in itself, but your conduct to others is of the world. You really need to practice what you profess to read because right now, based solely on your forum conduct, would say you’re Christian in title only. Let this not harden your heart but serve as an example of how you act towards others is anything but a light shining in a dark world. Change, clean your filthy rags and repent. He is forgiving.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Prideful
2. Un loving
3. Disrespectful
4. Foul mouthed

Nothing in your previous 5 responses is Christ likeness. Having a difference of opinion isn’t wrong in itself, but your conduct to others is of the world. You really need to practice what you profess to read because right now, based solely on your forum conduct, would say you’re Christian in title only. Let this not harden your heart but serve as an example of how you act towards others is anything but a light shining in a dark world. Change, clean your filthy rags and repent. He is forgiving.

One of the funniest things he said was, "my book", referring to The Bible as his book just because he claims to be an Israelite. It is GOD's Book, a Manual if you like, to show us the difference between the holy and profane, and clean and unclean, and His Salvation through His Son's Blood shed upon the cross.

Reactions: No Pre-TB

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the funniest things he said was, "my book", referring to The Bible as his book just because he claims to be an Israelite. It is GOD's Book, a Manual if you like, to show us the difference between the holy and profane, and clean and unclean, and His Salvation through His Son's Blood shed upon the cross.
Seemed like a troll to me tbh.

Reactions: No Pre-TB

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi @Naomi25 The baptismal formula at the end of Matthew 28 mentions God in Three Persons.
There are many passages in the NT that list all three persons together. It’s what makes the doctrine of the Trinity so compelling. None of them, however, tell us straight out that God exists three persons in one. The doctrine is an amalgamation of all relevant passages.
It’s interesting to note, Jewish teaching in the OT/inter-testament times, show that Israel believed in something called “the two powers of heaven”. They fully acknowledged that there was a…physical manifestation of God that was often seen in the OT, even while YHWY spoke or acted from his heavenly abode…however, when Christianity came onto the scene teaching one God in different persons (one of those being Jesus), the ‘two powers’ idea was labelled a heresy.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There are many passages in the NT that list all three persons together. It’s what makes the doctrine of the Trinity so compelling. None of them, however, tell us straight out that God exists three persons in one. The doctrine is an amalgamation of all relevant passages.
It’s interesting to note, Jewish teaching in the OT/inter-testament times, show that Israel believed in something called “the two powers of heaven”. They fully acknowledged that there was a…physical manifestation of God that was often seen in the OT, even while YHWY spoke or acted from his heavenly abode…however, when Christianity came onto the scene teaching one God in different persons (one of those being Jesus), the ‘two powers’ idea was labelled a heresy.
Hi @Naomi25 The truth of God in Three Persons is indeed strongly Biblical.... :)

Reactions: Naomi25