The problem with the thousand years?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been shown several times, once again: The souls of those who John saw living and reigning with Christ are they who have taken part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them.
The Souls Seen In Revelation 20:4-6 Are Waiting On The Second Coming Last Day Resurrection, And Are Not Resurrected As You Claim

Once again

There is one time of resurrection for all, this takes place on the (Last Day) at the Second Coming of Jesus Christ

There are (Two) resurrections on this (Last Day) the righteous are blessed to be in the (First Resurrection) to eternal life, on such the (Second) death resurrection has no power.

1.) (First) Resurrection To Life
2.) (Second) Resurrection To Damnation, The Second Death

Revelation 20:6KJV
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The (Last Day) Resurrection Of All Below

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Corinthians 15:21-24KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The (Last Day) Judgement

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you notice that Noah's father, Lamech was 777 years old when he died? I've heard (don't know how true it is) that Rabbinical tradition has it that the day Lamech died, the flood waters were opened. 777 is a very interesting number. 7 priests blowing 7 trumpets for 7 days (Jericho), and on the 7th day, the people march around the city 7 times with 7 priests blowing 7 trumpets and at the sounding of the 7th trumpet, the 7th time they march around the city on the 7th day, the people give a great shout and the walls of Jericho fall. Then of course there's this 777 in the Revelation. It seems as though 777 is linked to judgment day.

Just a piece of trivia which is not-so-trivial.
I am unable to connect all of the dots, but I agree that it is not so trivial. When we consider carefully so many things that are not very clear to us, how then may the full vision from God appear to us when and if we are able to see it clearly?

If we could understand all of the sevens in scripture perfectly...? Or the one thousands?

Reactions: Zao is life

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have already died?

What did they do, and where were they before they were resurrected? Between the time they were beheaded and they were resurrected?
You have been answered several times, (The Souls) seen in Revelation 20:4-6 will die during the future great tribilation, and will await the first resurrection that takes place at the second coming last day

Simple, Clear, Easy To Comprehend

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No we still die
No the soul leaves this dead corruptible body and experiences a new permanent incorruptible body. We do not taste death ever.

If you plan on tasting death, you are going to taste it in sheol. Not me!

The soul is not waiting in Abraham's bosom for a body. Do you think only the OT were released, and now the NT saints have to wait in Abraham's bosom?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then all on earth will be destroyed by fire? So those beheaded dead are currently dead, or resurrected?
You have been answered several times, (The Souls) seen in Revelation 20:4-6 will die during the future great tribilation, and will await the first resurrection that takes place at the second coming last day

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No the soul leaves this dead corruptible body and experiences a new permanent incorruptible body. We do not taste death ever.

If you plan on tasting death, you are going to taste it in sheol. Not me!

The soul is not waiting in Abraham's bosom for a body. Do you think only the OT were released, and now the NT saints have to wait in Abraham's bosom?
Your claim is in error, the bodily resurrection takes place at the second coming last day resurrection, your claim the incorruptible body is received at death isnt found in scripture

Once again, the eschatology and theology you present, is a big Smile and head shake, hard to be taken seriously, nothing more can be said

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

As scripture clearly teaches below in 1 Corinthinas 15:23-24 , when Jesus Christ returns then comes (The End)

Many disregard (Then Cometh The End) as they desire to see a mortal Millennial Kingdom on earth, after the coming of Jesus Christ

afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, not a Millennial Kingdom on this earth as many falsely claim

(Then Cometh The End)

(Death Is Swallowed Up In Victory)

1 Corinthians 15:21-26 & 51-54KJV
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
When a huge city like Jerusalem in the first century which was a huge inpact religiously and economically on other cities it greatly effects them just like our fragile world today. The point is that it was just Babylon the great that was judged in this chapter.
OK. I get your point but I don't agree with the statement. It took a long time for the gospel to gain ascendancy in the Roman Empire and I think your statement does an injustice to the suggested meaning of "the cities of the nations fell". It's diminishing what is written to get it to comply with the AD 70 fall of Babylon (Jerusalem) (IMO).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
According to my chart with Noah's year of birth set in the year Methuselah was 352 years old, Methuselah would have died more than 10 years after the flood
ya, i'd be much more interested if the math did not work, than if it did...but how to verify Methuselah's age @ Noach's birth? I'd be interested in how you got to 352, if you can recall or access that :)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK. I get your point but I don't agree with the statement. It took a long time for the gospel to gain ascendancy in the Roman Empire and I think your statement does an injustice to the suggested meaning of "the cities of the nations fell". It's diminishing what is written to get it to comply with the AD 70 fall of Babylon (Jerusalem) (IMO).
Unless, the nations is in reference to the nations of Israel?

Reactions: Marty fox

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 17:6 KJV
[6] And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Simple, Clear, EasyTo Comprehend
So then they are not resurrected in Revelation 20:4?

There is only one first resurrection, 1000 years after they die?

You are not clear, because John says they live and reign, but the rest do not. How is living and reigning not a resurrection? They may as well stay dead, because that is your claim. They live and reign without a body, which is being physically dead. No body, no physical life. Still as dead as all souls. Only Jesus Christ has a physical body, according to you.

You still have Satan loosed and then bound. You fail to point out that being bound happens after being loosed, ie the battle of Armageddon. John never claims all three are cast in at the same time. Revelation 16 is the same as Revelation 19's event. This is not the same event as Revelation 20:7

"And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,"

Armageddon is 1000 years if a day before this second event. It is not the same event where Satan is loosed and then bound. Satan is then cast into the lake of fire not bound. One event Satan is bound. The second cast into the lake of fire.

"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

They are already there, during the same time Satan was bound. Satan is not loosed from the pit after being cast into the lake of fire. Being in the pit is not the same as the lake of fire. After the lake of fire is the NHNE. After Armageddon is being bound for 1000 years, not the NHNE.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 17:6 KJV
[6] And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
Nice scripture, whats your purpose and intent of posting it?

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@Marty fox
Also, what is the mark of the beast in the first bowl of wrath/plague?

Revelation 16
2 And the first went and poured out his vial on the earth. And a bad and grievous sore fell on the men who had the mark of the beast, and on those who worshiped his image.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then they are not resurrected in Revelation 20:4?

There is only one first resurrection, 1000 years after they die?

You are not clear, because John says they live and reign, but the rest do not. How is living and reigning not a resurrection? They may as well stay dead, because that is your claim. They live and reign without a body, which is being physically dead. No body, no physical life. Still as dead as all souls. Only Jesus Christ has a physical body, according to you.

You still have Satan loosed and then bound. You fail to point out that being bound happens after being loosed, ie the battle of Armageddon. John never claims all three are cast in at the same time. Revelation 16 is the same as Revelation 19's event. This is not the same event as Revelation 20:7

"And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,"

Armageddon is 1000 years if a day before this second event. It is not the same event where Satan is loosed and then bound. Satan is then cast into the lake of fire not bound. One event Satan is bound. The second cast into the lake of fire.

"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

They are already there, during the same time Satan was bound. Satan is not loosed from the pit after being cast into the lake of fire. Being in the pit is not the same as the lake of fire. After the lake of fire is the NHNE. After Armageddon is being bound for 1000 years, not the NHNE.
The Souls Seen In Revelation 20:4-6 Are Waiting On The Second Coming Last Day Resurrection, And Are Not Resurrected As You Claim

Once again

There is one time of resurrection for all, this takes place on the (Last Day) at the Second Coming of Jesus Christ

There are (Two) resurrections on this (Last Day) the righteous are blessed to be in the (First Resurrection) to eternal life, on such the (Second) death resurrection has no power.

1.) (First) Resurrection To Life
2.) (Second) Resurrection To Damnation, The Second Death

Revelation 20:6KJV
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The (Last Day) Resurrection Of All Below

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Corinthians 15:21-24KJV
24 Then cometh the end,

The (Last Day) Judgement

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Only you claim it is the same event. They dying and waiting is the same Second Coming event, no?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claim is in error, the bodily resurrection takes place at the second coming last day resurrection, your claim the incorruptible body is received at death isnt found in scripture

Once again, the eschatology and theology you present, is a big Smile and head shake, hard to be taken seriously, nothing more can be said

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

As scripture clearly teaches below in 1 Corinthinas 15:23-24 , when Jesus Christ returns then comes (The End)

Many disregard (Then Cometh The End) as they desire to see a mortal Millennial Kingdom on earth, after the coming of Jesus Christ

afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, not a Millennial Kingdom on this earth as many falsely claim

(Then Cometh The End)

(Death Is Swallowed Up In Victory)

1 Corinthians 15:21-26 & 51-54KJV
24 Then cometh the end,
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
"For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked."

So this "building" is not ready yet, but ready after a 1000 years that you claim is not literally 1000 years on earth, but 1000 years in Paradise?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marty fox
Also, what is the mark of the beast in the first bowl of wrath/plague?

Revelation 16
2 And the first went and poured out his vial on the earth. And a bad and grievous sore fell on the men who had the mark of the beast, and on those who worshiped his image.
A literal future mark and worship of an image, that takes place in a future great tribulation, that begins in the future revealing of Daniel's (Little Horn) Paul's (Man Of Sin) John's (The Beast) a literal individual human man a king/ruler of Jewish/Hebrew decent in Jerusalem, proclaiming to be Messiah God to the Jews

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
A literal future mark and worship of an image, that takes place in a future great tribulation, that begins in the future revealing of Daniel's (Little Horn) Paul's (Man Of Sin) John's (The Beast) a literal individual human man a king/ruler of Jewish/Hebrew decent in Jerusalem, proclaiming to be Messiah God to the Jews
Thanks but my question hasn't been answered. I asked Marty because I want his opinion. I want to understand Marty's point of view. I know your point of view, which is full of holes in just one sentence.