The proof of OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you have yet to explain how exactly I was "far off" with my interpretation of scripture. But no, whatever, they prove OSAS is a myth coming from the minds of men and not from his word. I wasn't "far off" in that regard.
My OP proved OSAS
You can't disprove it

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you have yet to explain how exactly I was "far off" with my interpretation of scripture. But no, whatever, they prove OSAS is a myth coming from the minds of men and not from his word. I wasn't "far off" in that regard.
You seem to be very upset.
Let's do it the other way around.
Show me 3 verses that prove OSAS is not true, nd I'll show you how you are misusing those verses.
That's something you can't do with my OP.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My OP proved OSAS
You can't disprove it

Your original post speaks nothing about those who lose their faith. Can you show me a verse stating you can be saved without it?

You seem to be very upset.

Not at all, see emoticon......................:)...................:rolleyes:.

Let's do it the other way around.
Show me 3 verses that prove OSAS is not true, nd I'll show you how you are misusing those verses.
That's something you can't do with my OP.

Show me any verse that states you won't be the branch that's broken off of the olive tree for lack of faith. The only misuse of verses I see are coming from you. You are either of the olive tree, or saved because of your faith, or you aren't.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your original post speaks nothing about those who lose their faith. Can you show me a verse stating you can be saved without it?

Not at all, see emoticon......................:)...................:rolleyes:.

Show me any verse that states you won't be the branch that's broken off of the olive tree for lack of faith. The only misuse of verses I see are coming from you. You are either of the olive tree, or saved because of your faith, or you aren't.
Well, I find you quite confusing and I don't know what to say, and now I'm off to church service.
See you all tomorrow.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's this?
A nice life pal?
My oh my, someone got their feelings hurt.
Well, think about it, you really were in over your head.

default_mellow.png
Never would have thought that telling someone to have a nice life, or a nice day would be seen in a negative light. And, I thought you had a church service to attend to? Seems like you need it.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, i'm saying that you cannot quote any different from the Lexicon. Real busy right now, so if you would do me the favor of omitting a tag for me in any vacuous rant that does not include the quote "Holy Scripture" or "Holy writings" from the Lex, that would be great
A little friendly advice: If you're going to post something - have a point.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
lol. there is a verse for any perspective one wants to believe, but that does not mean the perspective will line up with the Book.
I gave you a like because it's true.
I see Rollo gave you a like too.
For osas peeps always go to the sealing verses. There are two.
Too bad Paul didn't realize, 2,000 years ago how misunderstood he would be!

Oops. Sounds like the emergent church so I'll stop right there.

Hear that @Rollo Tamasi ?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
oh, Paul is def writing in code, so as to be seen and not seen.
Ppl actually interpreting that "Paul said 'absent from the body is present with the Lord'" is proof of that imo.
Could you expound on this please?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Could you expound on this please?
i have already, not sure where that went though so, briefly, the point of that passage anyway is "seek to serve God whenever/wherever you are at, and the v containing "absent from the body" does not even quote Paul as actually forwarding that opinion, but rather contesting, or at least challenging it;
"we are confident--i say, and would rather be absent from the body, and present with the Lord..."
"we are cock-sure, i say, and all wish that we were dead already and partying with Jesus, sure;"

and even the opening, v6, is speaking to perspectives i think
6Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord.

in light of several other statements by Paul that directly contest the image we get from this, which imo is supposed to culminate in v7 anyway, not try to stand alone as a statement made by Paul in and of itself, either,

7For we live by faith, not by sight.

not "as long as i am in my body i am away from God," as is usually supposed. "Body" has many symbolic meanings, so it also depends upon which definition of "body" one inputs there, and certain definitions even allow for the possibility of meditation experiences to be forwarded as "absent from the body," which might sound New-Agey here but is actually supported in other vv

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
i have already, not sure where that went though so, briefly, the point of that passage anyway is "seek to serve God whenever/wherever you are at, and the v containing "absent from the body" does not even quote Paul as actually forwarding that opinion, but rather contesting, or at least challenging it;
"we are confident--i say, and would rather be absent from the body, and present with the Lord..."
"we are cock-sure, i say, and all wish that we were dead already and partying with Jesus, sure;"

and even the opening, v6, is speaking to perspectives i think
6Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord.

in light of several other statements by Paul that directly contest the image we get from this, which imo is supposed to culminate in v7 anyway, not try to stand alone as a statement made by Paul in and of itself, either,

7For we live by faith, not by sight.

not "as long as i am in my body i am away from God," as is usually supposed. "Body" has many symbolic meanings, so it also depends upon which definition of "body" one inputs there, and certain definitions even allow for the possibility of meditation experiences to be forwarded as "absent from the body," which might sound New-Agey here but is actually supported in other vv
This has to wait till tomorrow.
I won't even read it...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
This has to wait till tomorrow.
I won't even read it...
i backed up to v5 and treated it some more on another thread.
it is difficult to pick out ok, it comes across more as just interpreting it differently after having gained some certain perspectives, i'm not sure it can be shown logically at all lol