The Rapture Of The Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi n2thelight ,
You are getting the Day of the Lord and the Day of God mixed up.they are seperate eventsThe Day of the Lord is before the Millennium and the Day of God is after
I'm not so sure about that, do you have any scripture to suggest that?I reckon its the same day and here is why i think that.Peter is talking about the promise.He refers to those who will say "where is the promise of his coming.Later he says that we according to the promise look for the day of God.The day of God= the heavens pass away with a roar and the earth melts.Jesus ,making the promise to come again, describes it the same= heaven and earth will pass away but my words will not, and the sun will no longer shine and the moon gives no light and the stars fall from the sky.Jesus mentions the days of noah to be compared with his coming.
29 "But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 "And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory. 31 "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other 32 "Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; 33 so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. 34 "Truly I say to you, this generation[24][Or race ] will not pass away until all these things take place. 35 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away. 36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. 37 "For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.
Peter describing the same thing;
The Coming Day of the Lord3 Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, 4 and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation." 5 For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, 6 through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water. 7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. 8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. 9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. 11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! 13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.
Does Paul support this fire theory-----of course;6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed—for our testimony to you was believed.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
I'm not trying to seperate the Jews from the Christians.I apologize to any Jewish believers if I've offended you in this way.I believe that the Jewish Believers will be raptured with the Gentile believers. We are one by the blood covenant of Jesus.But the Jew's who are left behind because they did'nt recieve Jesus as their Lord, that's who God will focus on during the Tribulation period.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
jodycour
I'm not trying to seperate the Jews from the Christians.I apologize to any Jewish believers if I've offended you in this way.I believe that the Jewish Believers will be raptured with the Gentile believers. We are one by the blood covenant of Jesus.But the Jew's who are left behind because they did'nt recieve Jesus as their Lord, that's who God will focus on during the Tribulation period.
I did'nt mean to imply that you offended anyone so you need not apolgize.With that said let me ask a question,did not Christ say that He would not return until after the trib,why do you feel christains will be raptured before this time?

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
Because, the disciples asked him 3 questions!He answered them all in order.1: When would the city be toppled? Answer:Math.24:5 For manyshall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.Vs.6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.2: What shall be the sign of thy coming? Answer:Vs.7 Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. Vs.8All these are the beginning of sorrows.3: and of the end of the World? Answer:Vs.9 then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.Vs.10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.Vs.11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.Vs.12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.Vs.13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.Vs.14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.I'm still doing alot of research on this still!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
jodycourOne of the keys to Christ return is in verse 6Vs.6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.Are there not wars going on right now?As long as we are having wars and conflicts on this earth Christ will not return.He is not coming until there is peace which will be a false peace lead by satan1 Thessalonians 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. Christ said He would return at a time when you think notMatthew 24:44 "Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh."When satan comes as the anti christ the whole world will believe him to be the true Christ.So let me ask you a question,when would you not expect Christ to return?Would it not be at a time when you thought He was already here?If you don't know that satan must and will come before Christ you will be deceived,and you will believe him to be the real one

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
Good Point about the false Peace!I'm not exactly sure what you are asking me in the last Question, but here goes.I will never, expect Jesus not to come!He will come, when? No one know exactly!Jesus said that He did'nt even know, but when He does come, those who are truly His will know it because they will be taken with Him and become like Him by recieving our Glorified bodies.

RND

May 30, 2007
(jodycour;13588)
Jesus said that He did'nt even know,
Then how was he able to let us know the signs of His second coming?Here's a very brief study that I hope you find helpful:Did Jesus Not Know the Hour of His Second Coming?
but when He does come, those who are truly His will know it because they will be taken with Him and become like Him by recieving our Glorified bodies.
Um, before that happens, even those that don't know Him will see Him coming. The Rapture is Not a Secret:Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.Matthew 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.The Rapture will be Audible:1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.The Rapture will be Visible:Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.The Rapture will destroy the Earth:2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.Revelation 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(jodycour;13588)
Good Point about the false Peace!I'm not exactly sure what you are asking me in the last Question, but here goes.I will never, expect Jesus not to come!He will come, when? No one know exactly!Jesus said that He did'nt even know, but when He does come, those who are truly His will know it because they will be taken with Him and become like Him by recieving our Glorified bodies.
Jody you a little out of context here You should believe Gods Word that Christ will return. God says this so it is true.When he also told us AT THE LAST TRUMP when we will be instanly changed to spiritual bodieswhen is the last trump we do not know the hour or the day we only know it is after the sixth and certain prophecy have to be fulfilled first.

RND

May 30, 2007
(jodycour;13596)
That's a really good point, that He did know he just could'nt reveal it!I agree that we can know the signs of His coming, which I know is really soon!
Praise the Lord!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Right here on earth we are never taught in scripture we will be anywhere elseIn fact if you look at Rev and John is taken to the Lords Day the churches are still here. We are just told that those that heve the seal of God in their foreheads(minds) will be protected. When Daniel was in the furnace was he flown away to safety? Where any aspostles or even Christ himself ever flown away when their lifes were in danger? NO NO God will protect his own right here on earth Just as he always has.YOU Can Have absoult faith in that fact.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Rapture believers seem to think that it is they the church are holding back Satan thatwould be such a Joke to God if it were not so sad. Look around you look at the shape of the church today the lies the false doctrine, the false teachings the church isnt in any shape to hold back a thunder storm much less Satan I dont have any doubt half the churches will sell out to him in a heartbeat. Christ will return one time at the last trump and ALL will be changed.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
I have no doubt that God can, does,and will protect us!He protects me all the time, particularly when I evangelize in the worst sections of town!But who are the people that are riding on the horses when Jesus comes down to fight against the Anti-Christs Army?

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
Obviously, you've never been in one of our services when we've cast out demon possessed people in the power of the name of Jesus!The Church does have power, we are just too consumed with making a living to pray, and stir up the power of the gifts with'in us!How could some one that is filled with The Father and Jesus through the HolyGhost not beable to recognize the Anti-Christ?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Whos going to be with God you are just one generation You dont think there is enough souls in all human history that believed that could make an army for God? No I have never been in your church. But in the population of the entire earth the true believers are few in comparision. All will see Antichrist as he will come down from the sky just like a good fake chrsit should. How will you know him God tells you. HE COMES FIRST in the sixth trump.You are to stay working in the field untill the seventh trump.As soon as the real Christ comes we will be changed if you are not changed instanly he is not real. I think antichrist will promise he is going to rapture the believers as soon as he converts a few more people and brings peace on earth. But this is a lie God says Christ returns we are changed period. No deals first.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
So do you believe that the people riding on the horses with Jesus to destroy Satans physical army are spiritual beings are people with Glorified bodies?If the latter is the case that means that there was a previous rapture!Were do you have scripture to back up your believe that the Anti-Christ will come in the Sky like Jesus?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Satan gets kicked out of heaven to earth we covered this many timesHe is an Angel a supernatural being. He is going to be pretending to be Christ he is going to mimic christ retutrn. An illusion so great even the very ELECT would be fooled the whole world follows after him. He can snap his fingers and lightning comes down from heaven. put this altogether Jody this is not a man. HE is and SUPER NATURAUL BEING Nothing is impossiable with God

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
What do you think is going to happen when Satan gets kicked out of heaven to earth???? You think he is going to quitely appear in the desert someplace? I have shown you scripture time and again that Satan gets kicked to earth. God says he wants to be christ/god he always has.Do I have exact scripture saying he come in the clouds no that description is held for Christ, I have exact scripture saying there will be lightenting andSatan will be kicked out of heaven to earth. Can you picture that???If you dont believe it. then you you deny what scripture says it is what the Whole book of revelation is leading to tell you. It is what the end times are about.