The reason Jesus was killed and Israel didn’t recognize Him.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well how are you Dave?

Of course I remember you and I could never hate you Lol even though you were frustrating at times I always respectEd you

Now of course we are all responsible for Jesus death there is a difference in being responsible because of sin and actually rejecting Him and calling for His death. Now of course they could repent and be saved but when they shouted for His death to be on them and their children they weren’t calling for His blood to cleanse them but for the responsibility of His death to be on them.

The verse I provided proved what the result of their statement was and they were judged for it with the destruction of the temple and the city
Yes regarding them ? is That ? That that was the issue and the problem in fact, Sin ! This is on everyone who is not truly born again in fact.
For one who over comes this world is of above ! with Christ Jesus in fact and the rest are Lost ! they are that who are a problem starting with themselves in fact ! for they know not what they do ? for they are Lost ! But we are found for we are Israel = the Servants of Christ Jesus.

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well how are you Dave?

Of course I remember you and I could never hate you Lol even though you were frustrating at times I always respectEd you

Now of course we are all responsible for Jesus death there is a difference in being responsible because of sin and actually rejecting Him and calling for His death. Now of course they could repent and be saved but when they shouted for His death to be on them and their children they weren’t calling for His blood to cleanse them but for the responsibility of His death to be on them.

The verse I provided proved what the result of their statement was and they were judged for it with the destruction of the temple and the city

That's usually what happens when someone has truth on their side but that the other person is unwilling to accept it. They end up getting frustrated with the person with truth on their side. lol

I think the main barrier between you and me at the time was that I just couldn't get on board with your Preterist mindset. And since I'm assuming you still have this same Preterist mindset even now, I can't get on board with it now, either. Don't get me wrong though, obviously Preterism fits some things, just not everything Preterists insists it fits. There has to be some balance here.

Last edited:

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You just don't understand where I'm coming from here. All I'm saying is, by them wishing His blood upon them and their children was a blessing in disguise, since that would mean they and their children could still be saved since that is what His blood upon someone does, it saves them. Except they didn't realize that of course. IOW, even though it involved judgment on them in 70 AD, it didn't have to if they had repented first instead. Not to mention, not all of them were wiped out at the time. Some of them obviously survived and lived on, thus had children, and that their children's children had children, etc..

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just don't understand where I'm coming from here. All I'm saying is, by them wishing His blood upon them and their children was a blessing in disguise, since that would mean they and their children could still be saved since that is what His blood upon someone does, it saves them.

The context of that is not positive, where Pilate states he will not be responsible for the blood of an innocent man so the Jews say let the blood be upon them, taking the responsibility of murdering a man. A short time later they won't even accept that responsibility so the point is moot.

Act 5:27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,
Act 5:28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context of that is not positive, where Pilate states he will not be responsible for the blood of an innocent man so the Jews say let the blood be upon them, taking the responsibility of murdering a man. A short time later they won't even accept that responsibility so the point is moot.

Act 5:27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,
Act 5:28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.

I realize that, but I'm trying to look at this from God's perspective and that by wishing His blood upon them and their children that this could be both a blessing and a curse, and not just the latter only. Except they never realized it could also be a blessing since they weren't meaning it in that way, obviously. I get that and don't dispute that. I'm just trying to look beyond that to see if there could be any silver linings, so to speak. And I think there is.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel did not recognize Jesus as the Messiah because that's what God ordained long before Jesus was born. Read Isaiah...

They didn't recognize Jesus raised from the dead because of his lack of a beard and mustache.

People today refuse to recognize Jesus as the Messiah because they prefer sin over righteousness. (Their deeds are evil, prefer darkness over light, would rather be sick than well)

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize that, but I'm trying to look at this from God's perspective and that by wishing His blood upon them and their children that this could be both a blessing and a curse, and not just the latter only. Except they never realized it could also be a blessing since they weren't meaning it in that way, obviously. I get that and don't dispute that. I'm just trying to look beyond that to see if there could be any silver linings, so to speak. And I think there is.

Blood being upon someone in that context is very bad.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's usually what happens when someone has truth on their side but that the other person is unwilling to accept it. They end up getting frustrated with the person with truth on their side. lol

I think the main barrier between you and me at the time was that I just couldn't get on board with your Preterist mindset. And since I'm assuming you still have this same Preterist mindset even now, I can't get on board with it now, either. Don't get me wrong though, obviously Preterism fits some things, just not everything Preterists insists it fits. There has to be some balance here.
Yes that was it why wouldn’t you believe the truth? LOL just kidding

Yes I still am but just a partial Preterist not a full one but I’m glad that you think some of it fits

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You just don't understand where I'm coming from here. All I'm saying is, by them wishing His blood upon them and their children was a blessing in disguise, since that would mean they and their children could still be saved since that is what His blood upon someone does, it saves them. Except they didn't realize that of course. IOW, even though it involved judgment on them in 70 AD, it didn't have to if they had repented first instead. Not to mention, not all of them were wiped out at the time. Some of them obviously survived and lived on, thus had children, and that their children's children had children, etc..
Yes of course, and I did kind of see what you were saying I was just trying to explain that their calling blood on themselves was a statement of rejection of Jesus not an exceptance of Jesus

97000 survived the seige and were taken as slaves to other nations and I believe that some did realize who Jesus was and repented due to His prophecy of destruction of Jerusalem coming true and it happening when He said that it would happen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason that Jesus was rejected and killed by the Jews wasn’t because He claimed to be the messiah many Jews claimed to be the messiah until it was proven that they weren’t, it wasn’t blasphemy to claim to be the messiah.

The reason Jesus was killed was because He claimed to be God as shown in Matthew 26

62 Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, “Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” 63 But Jesus remained silent.

The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”[e]

65 Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy. 66 What do you think?”

“He is worthy of death,” they answered.

Jesus claimed to be the one from Daniel 7 the son of man

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

The Pharisees knew this that’s why they shouted blasphemy.

This is the same reason that the Jews didn’t recognize Jesus because they didn’t know that their messiah was also their God they didn’t know that their God was sent to save them from their sins. They were concerned about being saved physically from the Romans and not spiritually from their sins.

If the Jews would of understood that their God was going to save them from their sins and not physically from the Romans then they wouldn’t of been looking for an earthly kingdom and they wouldn’t of rejected and killed Him.

If we Christians today know this why do so many of us look to a future earthly kingdom? There is no purpose for it.

Indeed, we gentiles are no better than Israel. They had the evidence of more obvious miracles, but we have more information and confirmation of what was and is to come--"first the natural and afterward the spiritual." But like you say, many still look for an earthly temple, a worldly kingdom, and a messiah of flesh and blood.

Reactions: Marty fox