The Resurrection is for all people (thank you Yeshua!)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you believe?

• All are.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • All are not.

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh? If people are "redeemed" why are they left on earth?
Because of their misunderstanding of the OC prophecies, whereby the three (3) appearances of Jesus are combined, as if at one time.

The OC prophets had no idea of when Jesus would appear in the flesh, nor were they allowed to know how He would appear as the "fountain of life", and how it is that HE IS the resurrection, that we of faith share waiting for.
Therefore, the OC prophecies were spoken without discernment of knowing when and how the three (3) appearances of Jesus would be separated by time.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, thank you for sharing your subjective belief, @CadyandZoe.
One more thing. I have talked to many Universalists and I have found that their heart is in the right place. They want everyone to be saved, especially their loved ones. I get that. But Universalism is based on emotionalism, usually a strong sadness, like when a great work of art is accidently destroyed in a fire.

And of course, the creation of human beings seems to be God's magnum opus. Each human being is a creation of inestimable value. And one can hardly stand the thought of the destruction of such a treasure. But we need to bear in mind that God has the right of authorship. That is, the disposition of his creation is strictly in his exclusive power. The Bible reminds us over and over that this life only has transient value, not eternal value and not everything will survive into the next age. Thus, our finitude becomes an opportunity for us to weigh the relative value of things and seek out the things that last. Remember the things that remain.

Bless you Matthew and may the Lord keep you.

Reactions: Wynona

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Huh? If people are "redeemed" why are they left on earth?
Why do you think God created humans to live on earth? What conditions did he place them in? What was his instruction to them. Read the Genesis account and see if God ever mentioned to Adam that there was a heaven or hell awaiting him.....

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you think God created humans to live on earth? What conditions did he place them in? What was his instruction to them. Read the Genesis account and see if God ever mentioned to Adam that there was a heaven or hell awaiting him.....
> It is apparent that God's ideal for Adam and Eve was not achieved, which was for them to HAVE eternal life, BEFORE they ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

> God's judgment for them, was to exist in mortality with the expectation that they would "surely die".
Sure death came to them and to all, because now the "tree of life" was no longer available to them that they could eat of it, which is to say that they never did eat of it in the first place. God never took away from them, that which they never participated in or had.

Gen. 3[16] Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
[17] And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
[18] Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
[19] In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
[20] And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
[21] Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
>
Since there was "the shedding of blood", for the benefit of God making clothing out of animal skins for them, can we say that their sin was forgiven them? I am not sure.
[22] And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
[23] Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
[24] So he drove out the man;
and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Edit #1: As a result God Himself lost not only them (us), but also His opportunity to LIVE WITHIN THEM (US) forever.
However, before the foundation of the world, God had a plan, of which He was going to enact upon through and by His only Son. Let us all thank God for Jesus and His sacrifice to save us from eternal death, through faith in Him.

Edit #2: For all who think that this global Earth (ground) is going to be spared/saved, know that it has been cursed, and shall remain so, as long as there is mortal men/women on it.
"cursed is the ground [Earth] for thy sake;"

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anything that disagrees with your interpretation appears to be “spiritually weak” to you. Are you the best arbiter of what is truth? I am looking for a brotherhood that supports what you believe....but you always dodge the question.

Why does the throne of David have to be on earth? Where was the seat of God’s worship in Jesus’ day?
Literal Mount Zion was the location of God’s temple then, but do you see that today?
Do you understand what Jesus said to the Samaritan woman at the well?
John 4:20-22...she said to him.....
“Our forefathers worshipped on this mountain, but you people say that in Jerusalem is the place where people must worship.” 21 Jesus said to her: “Believe me, woman, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews.”

This is Jesus simply teaching that anyone in the earth can worship God in Spirit and in Truth

We worship what we know, because salvation is from the Jews. is coming—and now is here—when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such people to be his worshipers and the people who worship him must worship in spirit and truth. John 4:23-24

I could go into the history of the Samaritans to show the context to which the Lord's teaching, but it appears your quote isn't proving what you want it to prove, so that would be a waste of time.

I think I've said this before...its best if you use the strongest quotes to support your understanding.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, (future) and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Whose throne Jane?

Revelation 11:15 “The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Luke 1:31-33 “And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.”

Whose throne Jane?

Saints to become rulers with Jesus Christ on earth

Revelation 5:10 we shall reign on the earth
Revelation 2:26 to him will I give power over the nation

From your words I think your body either ignores Gods covenant with David, or you spiritualise it to mean "in Heaven" - you should go back to them and ask!

There will be no geographical location on earth for God’s worship because Heavenly Mount Zion is where God’s spiritual temple is located.
Hebrews 12:22-23...

“But you have approached a Mount Zion and a city of the living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and myriads of angels 23 in general assembly, and the congregation of the firstborn who have been enrolled in the heavens, and God the Judge of all, and the spiritual lives of righteous ones who have been made perfect.

What is the irony in you quoting a passage which proves New Jerusalem, Heavenly Jerusalem is coming with Christ at his return?

Now come with me to see what it's fulfillment looks like.

Psalms 132:10 For the sake of David, your servant, do not reject your chosen king! 132:11 The Lord made a reliable promise to David he will not go back on his word. He said, I will place one of your descendants on your throne. (Jane, that's the Lord Jesus Christ! Revelation 22:16 ;) )

Psalms 132:12 If your sons keep my covenant and the rules I teach them, their sons will also sit on your throne forever.

Certainly the Lord has chosen Zion; he decided to make it his home. “This will be my resting place forever; I will live here, for I have chosen it.

(Kingdom on Earth)

Psalms 132:15 I will abundantly supply what she needs; I will give her poor all the food they need. and her godly people will shout exuberantly. I have determined that my chosen king’s dynasty will continue.

Psalms 132:18 I will humiliate his enemies, and his crown will shine.

There will be no geographical location on earth for God’s worship because Heavenly Mount Zion is where God’s spiritual temple is located.
Hebrews 12:22-23...

“But you have approached a Mount Zion and a city of the living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and myriads of angels 23 in general assembly, and the congregation of the firstborn who have been enrolled in the heavens, and God the Judge of all, and the spiritual lives of righteous ones who have been made perfect.

I assume because you see the words "enrolled in the Heavens" you think that is your destination? Christ is bringing New Jerusalem to the Earth - that's the whole point of his return, to set up the Kingdom of God on Earth!

Colossains 3:3-5 you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God (enrolled in the Heavens Jane). 4 When Christ who is your life appears (returns), then you also will appear with him in glory.

Psalm 85:5 And of Zion it shall be said, “This one and that one were born in her”; for the Most High himself will establish her.

Also see Isaiah 49:20-22, Acts of the Apostles 4:4, Acts of the Apostles 21:20, Romans 15:18-21.

Get the whole picture Jane it's beautiful to behold and always remember as I showed you in Ezekiel 28 - God is always working to His Covenants of Promise because he swore with an oath!

Psalms 87:6 The Lord records as he registers the peoples, “This one was born there.” Selah

Enrolled in Christ ready to be revealed Jane!

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Waiting on him

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CadyandZoe Its understandable you have given scripture, which you see as objective truth, so is it in the first post.

The question is what do you tell the grieving person who just had a brother lose his life?

Wasn’t it Jesus who promised resurrection in John 5:28-29?

How do comfort them expect to remind them of the resurrection; which ever resurrection it is is given by God however there is an end spectrum people dismiss and that is Revelation 22.

So sure you can use scripture all you want however you can never remove the hope for an individual who has faith in God who is good and had a purpose for everything and though no not everyone will be in the Kingdom with God he still has a place for them outside the kingdom if you ask me personally.

People can call it false doctrine; people can call me a heretic;

Isn’t it the Holy Spirit that brings comfort and is Jesus and his words true in which spoke which was shared?

Up to you to decide. I believe in Jesus totally victory not half way.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
universalism is the doctrine of salvation for all. @MatthewG is talking about resurrection for all.

Note how some who are resurrected are shamed and condemned? Yet, they are still resurrected.

The blood of Christ was universal made for all people. The only sin that remains is disbelief and is not forgive in this age or the age to come.

Scripture claims everyone will come to confess that Jesus is the Lord.

Some people say that this will come by force from God.

My objection is God doesn’t force anything on any one and those who come to confess later will realize their need for Jesus in their own time. Will they be saved to the kingdom after this life?

No, do they have a place to stay? Yes outside the kingdom out of the lake of fire and not in hell as some people has a proponent to constantly say.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The blood of Christ was universal made for all people. The only sin that remains is disbelief and is not forgive in this age or the age to come.

Scripture claims everyone will come to confess that Jesus is the Lord.

Some people say that this will come by force from God.

My objection is God doesn’t force anything on any one and those who come to confess later will realize their need for Jesus in their own time. Will they be saved to the kingdom after this life?

No, do they have a place to stay? Yes outside the kingdom out of the lake of fire and not in hell as some people has a proponent to constantly say.
Heresy

Reactions: face2face

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why do you think God created humans to live on earth?..

As a testing ground..:)
"We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God" (Acts of the Apostles 14:22)
Jesus said "To follow me you must carry your own cross daily" (Luke 9:23)
"God didn't spare his own son" (Romans 8:32)
"We share in Jesus's sufferings in order to share in his glory" (Romans 8:17)
"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life.." (James 1:12)

But for those who want a soft easy religion, Christianity's not for them..;)

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I thought the kingdom was up in heaven?
It's of Heaven - Meaning it's coming from Heaven...that's the whole point of the Lord's Prayer. It astounds me how many Christians dont even know and understand the Lords prayer....staggering.

“Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, (HOW??) your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

I mean its God's Master Plan laid out to all generations. @Aunty Jane (you cant ignore the red text!)

Habbaukuk 2:14 Hebfor the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, just as the waters cover over the sea.”.

Also Number 14:21 But truly, as I live, all the earth will be filled with the glory of the Lord.

It's everywhere man! lol

F2F