The Second Coming, the Trumpet Blasts, the Bowls of Wrath, and Inheriting the Earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You misunderstand. This physical world and body is a mere image, a manifestation of the spiritual reality on high. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. "Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it."

Did you flunk chemistry? "Spirit" is physical, for "wind" is PHYSICAL (AGAIN, there is no distinction between both words in the Greek and Hebrew), and even though it is made up of substance we cannot see with the eye, it is indeed substance, molecules of O2, CO2, etc (chemistry 101). As such, a "spirit" is a PHYSICAL being, for it is made of WIND. And even though it is not FLESH AND BONES as we are, it is made up of substance just as we are made of substance, molecules and atoms that are all created by God, but a spirit exists in a DIFFERENT form than we do that God makes possible by his POWER. This is similar to how God turned an angel into the form of FIRE, that then appeared to Moses in that form. This relates to a scripture that declares, "God makes his angels into flames of fire, and his angels into winds (spirits)". God can turn you into a rock if he so pleased, and make it so that you can still see, think, hear, smell.... he is the creator, he can do whatever he pleases and make anything possible, by his POWER. Wind is created, just as the organic makeup of your body is also created. So something that is "spiritual" (adjective of the noun spirit), is speaking of something that pertains to the Spirit, just as something that is "electric" pertains to something that uses electricity. If I said my computer is electric, it does not literally mean that my computer is all electricity, it means that it uses electricity, while still being an actual object. So something that is referred to as spiritual, does not mean it is necessarily invisible, and DEFINITELY NOT FIGURATIVE, it just means that it pertains to the Spirit. Heaven is a spiritual place, because ANGELS WHO ARE SPIRITS LIVE THERE, BUT IT IS ALSO A PHYSICAL PLACE. Because not always do angels remain in the form of spirit, but transform back into a form of flesh and bones (and yes, holy angels can switch between the form of spirit and the form of flesh and bones), hence how the angels that appeared to Abraham, and ate and drank with him, because they had PHYSICAL bodies to do so! And even the manna that was given to the Israelites, was called "angel's food". This was PHYSICAL food, that they were able to eat. Heaven is a PHYSICAL PLACE! Yet it is far out of our reach and we do not know its exact location beyond where the stars are, and wherever its location is, is what is referred to as the "third heaven". The body of Jesus Christ was able to be touched and seen, "It is I myself! Touch me and see", and this same physical body, ascended into a physical place, the third heaven.

When the spirit is said to return to God, it means that your BREATH returns to God. For the breath IS the spirit. Read about it here The Soul and Spirit of the Natural Body, and the Spiritual Body of the First Resurrection | Wisdom of God .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you flunk chemistry?
That's far enough. You obviously speak as a man, and don't mind being rude in doing so. This topic is not about the chemistry of created things.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's far enough. You obviously speak as a man, and don't mind being rude in doing so. This topic is not about the chemistry of created things.

It is, because you do not understand the relation between the physical, figurative, and spiritual. So for a man like you, when the PHYSICAL events of the second coming of Jesus Christ begin to unfold, which are about to happen I might add, you will be SHOCKED to your own dismay. And I do get annoyed when people try to belittle the works of God, and spread it around the internet destroying the belief of others, as if God were not able to act physically, because these teachings are based in disbelief.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is, because you do not understand the relation between the physical, figurative, and spiritual. So for a man like you, when the PHYSICAL events of the second coming of Jesus Christ begin to unfold, which are about to happen I might add, you will be SHOCKED to your own dismay. And I do get annoyed when people try to belittle the works of God, and spread it around the internet destroying the belief of others, as if God were not able to act physically, because these teachings are based in disbelief.
God is higher than the physical. Christ "lowered" himself already...and will not do it again. It is finished.

You debase him.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lowered" himself already...and will not do it again. It is finished
Correct Scott, 1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual thingswith spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned

Reactions: ScottA

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is higher than the physical. Christ "lowered" himself already...and will not do it again. It is finished.

You debase him.

I debase God by saying that Jesus Christ will descend and return to establish his PHYSICAL kingdom on the earth for the benefit of all PHYSICAL MANKIND in accordance to what the scriptures teach? HAHA. I can't with some of you people. Keep thinking what you're thinking. It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks, and difficult to reason with someone set in their ways.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I debase God by saying that Jesus Christ will descend and return to establish his PHYSICAL kingdom on the earth for the benefit of all PHYSICAL MANKIND in accordance to what the scriptures teach? HAHA. I can't with some of you people. Keep thinking what you're thinking. It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks, and difficult to reason with someone set in their ways.
Show me/us what scriptures give you the idea that Christ is coming to build a physical kingdom.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me/us what scriptures give you the idea that Christ is coming to build a physical kingdom.

You asking that question can be compared to someone being given a bag of food and him saying, "please give me food". Did you not read the study? Hello?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You asking that question can be compared to someone being given a bag of food and him saying, "please give me food". Did you not read the study? Hello?
You asking that question would be like me asking if you read a study on why the sky is green.

No, I did not read the study, nor do I need to to know the truth. But I am willing to give you a chance to explain...just not willing to waste study time on your works. If it can't be read right here, I'll pass. But here you are, so either bring it or don't. Your choice.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You asking that question would be like me asking if you read a study on why the sky is green.

No, I did not read the study, nor do I need to to know the truth. But I am willing to give you a chance to explain...just not willing to waste study time on your works. If it can't be read right here, I'll pass. But here you are, so either bring it or don't. Your choice.

Did you want me to gift wrap the scriptures and have them personally delivered to your home? If you will not take the time to read the study, which I took the time to author, neither will I take time to write longer responses for you. The one who stands to benefit here is you, but if you don't want to read, then don't. I've provided the necessary scriptures to contradict everything you're saying already, but if you want to shut your own eyes and close your own ears, because you are wise in thine own eye, hence "nor do I need to to know the truth", then so be it. Is there not a saying, "do not cast your pearls to swine nor to dogs"? Swine and dogs see no value in pearls.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Acts 1:11 "who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”
"Like manner"...means in spirit - not as he was, but as he is (in the glory of the Father).

• Revelation 1:7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
"In clouds" ...again, is in spirit (in the glory of the Father).
To Scott, I must stand by my comments. yes he's Spirit, but made himself available for understanding in various tangible forms. this is where the lack of understanding comes in at. just as with some who say the Spirit is wind. no, he's not wind but his effect in the form which is evidence to us in our understanding of the Spirit appearance as wind. in Acts Chapter 1 he was in appearance, but tangible, evidence of the resurrection. meaning they saw. scripture, Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have". and this flesh "APPEARED" real to the touch, scripture, John 20:25 "The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe". well he did, John 20:26 "And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God".

Let's get some understanding here. in bodily form our Lord appeared, not "MANIFESTED" but appeared in many forms. supportive scripture, Mark 16:9 "Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils". Mark 16:11 "And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not. 12 After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country". NOW THE HEART OF THIS APPEARANCE, Luke 24:13 "And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs. 14 And they talked together of all these things which had happened. 15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them. 16 But their eyes were holden that they should not know him". their eyes was covered, or veiled to the understanding as to who he was in appearance, and not him manifesting himself in flesh and bone with blood. side note: this just answered the glory question, as well as the trees in the Garden question. but for here in our topic, let me make a declaration. a spiritual body is not some immaterial object, no, a spiritual body is a body that is dominated by the Spirit. in this manner with our saviour it can "appear", or disappear at will. just like the wind. and yes every eye, every knee, and tongue will confess. for we walk by faith and not by sight. meaning we understand Spiritual things as well as natural things.

I suggest one learn the difference between a manifestation and a appearance.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you want me to gift wrap the scriptures and have them personally delivered to your home? If you will not take the time to read the study, which I took the time to author, neither will I take time to write longer responses for you. The one who stands to benefit here is you, but if you don't want to read, then don't. I've provided the necessary scriptures to contradict everything you're saying already, but if you want to shut your own eyes and close your own ears, because you are wise in thine own eye, hence "nor do I need to to know the truth", then so be it. Is there not a saying, "do not cast your pearls to swine nor to dogs"? Swine and dogs see no value in pearls.
No thanks, I'll pass.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To Scott, I must stand by my comments. yes he's Spirit, but made himself available for understanding in various tangible forms. this is where the lack of understanding comes in at. just as with some who say the Spirit is wind. no, he's not wind but his effect in the form which is evidence to us in our understanding of the Spirit appearance as wind. in Acts Chapter 1 he was in appearance, but tangible, evidence of the resurrection. meaning they saw. scripture, Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have". and this flesh "APPEARED" real to the touch, scripture, John 20:25 "The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe". well he did, John 20:26 "And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God".

Let's get some understanding here. in bodily form our Lord appeared, not "MANIFESTED" but appeared in many forms. supportive scripture, Mark 16:9 "Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils". Mark 16:11 "And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not. 12 After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country". NOW THE HEART OF THIS APPEARANCE, Luke 24:13 "And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs. 14 And they talked together of all these things which had happened. 15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them. 16 But their eyes were holden that they should not know him". their eyes was covered, or veiled to the understanding as to who he was in appearance, and not him manifesting himself in flesh and bone with blood. side note: this just answered the glory question, as well as the trees in the Garden question. but for here in our topic, let me make a declaration. a spiritual body is not some immaterial object, no, a spiritual body is a body that is dominated by the Spirit. in this manner with our saviour it can "appear", or disappear at will. just like the wind. and yes every eye, every knee, and tongue will confess. for we walk by faith and not by sight. meaning we understand Spiritual things as well as natural things.

I suggest one learn the difference between a manifestation and a appearance.
If you only refer and look to what Christ was...then you will only see him as he "appeared." But that is not what was witnessed at his ascension ("ascension"...duh). What was witnessed at his ascension was his transfiguration from bodily form to spirit (the glory of the Father)...and that is the "like manner" that we have been told he will return as.

Giving examples of how Jesus validated to Thomas that he was who he "was"...says nothing of who he now is after his ascension to glory. So...unless you want to deny his ascension to glory...I suggest you take another look.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
at least it is obvious where he is at, spiritually. His joints have been divided from his marrow, iow. And no one can prove anything otherwise, anyway, right? You can wait for Jesus to come change the world to your liking, or you can recognize that you are the Body of Christ.

Reactions: ScottA

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you only refer and look to what Christ was...then you will only see him as he "appeared." But that is not what was witnessed at his ascension ("ascension"...duh). What was witnessed at his ascension was his transfiguration from bodily form to spirit (the glory of the Father)...and that is the "like manner" that we have been told he will return as.

Giving examples of how Jesus validated to Thomas that he was who he "was"...says nothing of who he now is after his ascension to glory. So...unless you want to deny his ascension to glory...I suggest you take another look.

I must disagree again, he was glorified before he ascended. Matthew 28:18 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth". that's the glorification, ALL POWER. then you said, "If you only refer and look to what Christ was...then you will only see him as he "appeared". ERROR on your part. you must not have read my previous posts. the Lord Jesus is Flesh and Bone (son of God), indwelled by the shared spirit (son of Man). I hope you know the difference. and as for transfiguration he did that already alss which leads us to this statement that you made in ERROR. U said, "What was witnessed at his ascension was his transfiguration from bodily form to spirit (the glory of the Father)...and that is the "like manner" that we have been told he will return as". out of your own mouth, from bodily form to spirit. ok in like manner his transfiguration from Spirit form to bodily form. for, Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen".thanks.

next U said, "Giving examples of how Jesus validated to Thomas that he was who he "was"...says nothing of who he now is after his ascension to glory". again ERROR on your part. God is a Spirit, (see John 4:24a). by Thomas calling him God that justified who he was, and likewise Lord, indicating God shared in flesh.

I suggest you re-study the son of man (spirit) and the son of God (flesh and bone).