• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone really believe that the test of whether you are born again is whether you commit a sin or not?

That's the wrong test. That's measuring yourself by yourself. It's one thing to look at yourself and realize that you have committed a sin. But those who say that they do not? That's observing your perception of yourself and based on that self-perception, declaring yourself righteous.

Much love!

It is not the absence of committing a sin by your own will-power and knowledge of God's laws that your nature is in conflict with. You are right, that is self-righteousness. The test of whether you are born again is if the DESIRE to sin has been taken away by Christ, and THAT'S the reason you don't commit willful sins of lawlessness. It is all Him. Then not committing sin is doing what comes naturally to your new divine nature. It is His righteousness in us, because of the seed of the Father in us. 1 John 3:9. Do you ever ponder that verse @marks and @Behold?

cc: @2nd Timothy Group

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not the absence of committing a sin by your own will-power and knowledge of God's laws that your nature is in conflict with. You are right, that is self-righteousness. The test of whether you are born again is if the DESIRE to sin has been taken away by Christ, and THAT'S the reason you don't commit willful sins of lawlessness. It is all Him. Then not committing sin is doing what comes naturally to your new divine nature. It is His righteousness in us, because of the seed of the Father in us. 1 John 3:9. Do you ever ponder that verse @marks and @Behold?

cc: @2nd Timothy Group
Again, you look at yourself, and consider yourself without sin.

Your definition of sin is much different than mine, and I think mine agrees with the Bible.

You consider that some sin can still be there, only you don't call it sin unless pressed.

Have you considered that the only difference between "deliberate" and "unintentional" sin is your level of self awareness? Sinful desires may seem so natural as to escape notice. But all that is not from the Holy Spirit is just that . . . not from the Holy Spirit, not from the new creation, and is from the flesh.

That's why the Christian judging themself according to sin is not appropriate.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you look at yourself, and consider yourself without sin.

Your definition of sin is much different than mine, and I think mine agrees with the Bible.

You consider that some sin can still be there, only you don't call it sin unless pressed.

Have you considered that the only difference between "deliberate" and "unintentional" sin is your level of self awareness? Sinful desires may seem so natural as to escape notice. But all that is not from the Holy Spirit is just that . . . not from the Holy Spirit, not from the new creation, and is from the flesh.

That's why the Christian judging themself according to sin is not appropriate.

Much love!

Is 1 John 3:9 true in your life? And are you sure you are going to heaven? Why and why?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, here is how the Legalist twist this verse into a heretical pretzel.
They ruin it like this.....>"faith without works is dead, so in that case you have lost your salvation"
First thanks for the reply, second,
Nor I to follow you.

but concering Faith without works, likewise with salvation.

on don't work to get saved, one work because they are SAVED.

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing that has helped me very much in this life, is admitting that I don't know very much. it
First thanks for the reply, second,
Nor I to follow you.

but concerning Faith without works, likewise with salvation.

on don't work to get saved, one work because they are SAVED.

PICJAG

You want us to argue with God, but not with you?

I once had a friend who used to say, "What I say has been established." Is that how you feel about yourself?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing that has helped me very much in this life, is admitting that I don't know very much. it

You want us to argue with God, but not with you?

I once had a friend who used to say, "What I say has been established." Is that how you feel about yourself?
My point is argue with neither. and here's why, Galatians 1:10 "For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ." (so why argue with 101G?)

Galatians 1:11 "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man."

Galatians 1:12 "For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ." (so why argue with God or 101G?, READ IT FOR YOURSELF)

and when you do, then you will neither argue with God, nor ........ 101G........ (smile).

only a fool will argue with God.......

PICJAG

Reactions: Waiting on him

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is argue with neither. and here's why, Galatians 1:10 "For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ." (so why argue with 101G?)

Galatians 1:11 "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man."

Galatians 1:12 "For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ." (so why argue with God or 101G?, READ IT FOR YOURSELF)

and when you do, then you will neither argue with God, nor ........ 101G........ (smile).

only a fool will argue with God.......

PICJAG

Okie doke.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I highly doubt it. But if she was, have you not heard of unintentional sinning? The Old Testament speaks of it more than once. :)

Try to live in the real world, and not in a work of fiction.

Christian's commit works of the flesh and 99% of the time they know it.

Lets listen to Paul, ...

"use not your LIBERTY, = for an OCCASION to the FLESH">

Let me paraphrase that for you..

"now that you realize that Romans 4:8 is true, dont use this to enjoy some carnality"

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Behold, you assume too much. I'm not you.

I dont assume.
I read what you say, or what a member says, and i respond to their words.

For example, you said that 100% of your prayers are answered.
Now, i don't assume you said that........as that is what you said.
So, i told you that you are living in the land of pretend.. and to prove it, i asked you to pray to God that Jesus would come and take us home next week. As if 100% of your prayers are answered, as you have stated more then once, then God would answer that one.

Did you pray it?
No you didnt
You are a fakir, and its unfortunate that you are here, as you are capable of harming real believers.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I think that's what those who teach sinlessness in this body need to conclude.

I cant really speak to anyone who teaches "sinlessness in the body", as i have never heard this taught by anyone.
Can you give me a name, or show me a video link, and i'll check it out.

Now, what Paul teaches, is that our sin is gone , because Christ became them, and Bore them for all for us.
And Paul teaches that because we are not under the dominion of the law, but are under Grace......the Law can no longer define us as a sinner who sins.
So, Paul teaches us that what use to be KNOWN as a "sin", is now , under Grace, become KNOWN as a "work of the Flesh".
Its still the same deed, Marks, but its not the same title or application.

An unbeliever, is sinning because they are under the Law, and the law defines their carnal deed as a SIN.. And they exist here.... John 3 36

We, the born again are "not under the Law, but under GRACE", and so, we have incorruptible seed in us, that has connected us to God's Spirit, and that part can't sin, as there is 'No sin, in Christ" where we exist in the Kingdom of God.

So, when we commit a carnal deed, we are simply performing a work of the Flesh, and because our Flesh is the "old man" that is crucified with Christ, along with the Law that is not over us as a dominion....we are no longer "sinner"........we are Saints.
Saints that Paul teaches : "'Use not your LIBERTY (Grace of God) to commit (not a sin) but a work of the Flesh".

Reactions: HisLife

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is 1 John 3:9 true in your life? And are you sure you are going to heaven? Why and why?
His Spirit testifies with my spirit that I am a child of God. It's not about whether or not I'm perceiving myself in the same way God sees me.

I feel the preoccupation with sin in the believer is unhealthy, and gets us pointed in the wrong direction, trying to monitor and improve our behavior, when we are better occupied, in my opinion, with enjoying the fellowship of our Creator.

It often sounds like you have something to prove about this, and that you sit in judgment over other people, and yet don't hold yourself to the same stringent standard that others do.

You continue on in thread after thread challenging others to claim their sinlessness, and who wants to do that? We all know reality! Except that you have a different definition of sin. All, everything, that is not of faith is sin. The slightest little snippiness in a post is sin, it not from the Holy Spirit.

But that's not what is the key issue, God has promised us that He will take care of all that.

The real thing is our fellowship with God, and fellowship with each other, knowing that all sin is forgiven, because we trust in Jesus.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its still the same deed, Marks, but its not the same title or application.
When a believer does those things, I've come to see it more like a cancer or sickness. We don't turn in shame from our doctor when we have a lump on our arm. But the wrong view of sin may lead us to turn in shame from our God, instead of boldly coming to Him for help when we need it.

So, when we commit a carnal deed, we are simply performing a work of the Flesh, and because our Flesh is the "old man" that is crucified with Christ, along with the Law that is not over us as a dominion....we are no longer "sinner"........we are Saints.
Saints that Paul teaches : "'Use not your LIBERTY (Grace of God) to commit (not a sin) but a work of the Flesh".
That's a very good distinction to understand.

Sin is with me, but I'm not that man. So there really IS no condemnation, any time I falter in faith in whatever regard God is there to make it better, I need never be afraid of Him.

Much love!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His Spirit testifies with my spirit that I am a child of God. It's not about whether or not I'm perceiving myself in the same way God sees me.

I feel the preoccupation with sin in the believer is unhealthy and gets us pointed in the wrong direction, trying to monitor and improve our behavior, when we are better occupied, in my opinion, with enjoying the fellowship of our Creator.

It often sounds like you have something to prove about this, and that you sit in judgment over other people, and yet don't hold yourself to the same stringent standard that others do.

You continue on in thread after thread challenging others to claim their sinlessness, and who wants to do that? We all know reality! Except that you have a different definition of sin. All, everything, that is not of faith is sin. The slightest little snippiness in a post is sin, it not from the Holy Spirit.

But that's not what is the key issue, God has promised us that He will take care of all that.

The real thing is our fellowship with God, and fellowship with each other, knowing that all sin is forgiven because we trust in Jesus.

Much love!

As hard as many people may try to understand, they cannot understand where @CharismaticLady is coming from. But ironically, they falsely judge her as they claim that she falsely judges others. Like CL, I have explained these teachings over and over and over again, but folks do not respond in a healthy-minded way that would indicate that they are even trying to understand. Instead, launches of attack seem to be immediate. What can a person, like myself, do about that? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I feel the preoccupation with sin in the believer is unhealthy, and gets us pointed in the wrong direction, trying to monitor and improve our behavior, when we are better occupied, in my opinion, with enjoying the fellowship of our Creator.

The real thing is our fellowship with God, and fellowship with each other, knowing that all sin is forgiven, because we trust in Jesus.

Much love!

I don't think you understand my relationship with the Father, at all.

I'm not challenging others to claim their sinlessness, but to BECOME sinless through shedding the false doctrine that they will always sin and the blood of Jesus covers for them, hiding their sins from the Father. That's such a doctrine of demons it is scary. It just makes "Christians" accept their sins, so instead of walking in the Spirit (which they don't have), they walk in the flesh and believe they are saved.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As hard as many people may try to understand, they cannot understand where @CharismaticLady is coming from. But ironically, they falsely judge her as they claim that she falsely judges others. Like CL, I have explained these teachings over and over and over again, but folks do not respond in a healthy-minded way that would indicate that they are even trying to understand. Instead, launches of attack seem to be immediate. What can a person, like myself, do about that? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Actually I've spent a great deal of time in discussion with CL over these things, and I think I do have a pretty good idea.

Here's the litmus question . . . might a born again Christian knowingly sin?

CL would say absolutely not! But then she qualifies what sin is, that is, "sins of death". I don't parse sin.

The new creation is completely without sin. We are in the process of being renewed into that new creation, which is to say, our old man still "echoes" in our minds, if you will, and we have to get it through our heads that's not me anymore.

But when we lose track of who we are, we may sin, and if we do, we have an Advocate, because we are reconciled. And when I say sin, I mean, all sins, not just a catagory of sin, which is what CL refers to.

I've said before, and I still thinks so, I don't question how CL lives, or that her conscience is clear, or that she lives in the power of the Spirit. In truth I don't know, but I have no reason to think otherwise. Only that we see some things in different ways.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I've spent a great deal of time in discussion with CL over these things, and I think I do have a pretty good idea.

Here's the litmus question . . . might a born again Christian knowingly sin?

CL would say absolutely not! But then she qualifies what sin is, that is, "sins of death". I don't parse sin.

The new creation is completely without sin. We are in the process of being renewed into that new creation, which is to say, our old man still "echoes" in our minds, if you will, and we have to get it through our heads that's not me anymore.

But when we lose track of who we are, we may sin, and if we do, we have an Advocate, because we are reconciled. And when I say sin, I mean, all sins, not just a catagory of sin, which is what CL refers to.

I've said before, and I still thinks so, I don't question how CL lives, or that her conscience is clear, or that she lives in the power of the Spirit. In truth I don't know, but I have no reason to think otherwise. Only that we see some things in different ways.

Much love!

Yes, there are two different types of sin as John teaches in 1 John 5:16-17. When I read that I didn't say I'm not going to accept that and pat myself on my back saying, "John, I don't parse sin."

It is not because I practice sins not unto death, and want to justify them, because I try to live in love and forgiveness, knowing that "trespasses" unintentionally made, are forgiven, but only as we forgive others. I'm a teacher to those weaker in their walk, just as 2nd Tim is. Because you don't understand what I AM saying, you repeat them back as what you HEAR in your understanding. You are filtering my words through a bog, so that they come out sounding slimy and full of every kind of dirty evil. Just like in #23, and all the other posts on what I've taught.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont assume.
I read what you say, or what a member says, and i respond to their words.

For example, you said that 100% of your prayers are answered.
Now, i don't assume you said that........as that is what you said.
So, i told you that you are living in the land of pretend.. and to prove it, i asked you to pray to God that Jesus would come and take us home next week. As if 100% of your prayers are answered, as you have stated more then once, then God would answer that one.

Did you pray it?
No you didnt
You are a fakir, and its unfortunate that you are here, as you are capable of harming real believers.

No I didn't pray that prayer, because God didn't tell me that Jesus was coming back on that weekend. I'm not Word of Faith that prays their own will and expects God to give them what they ask. That is not was the word says. There are conditions and rules to having 100% of your prayers answered. I just follow the rules. Word of Faith does not understand the rules.

John 15:7 If you abide in Me, and My RHEMAS abide in you, you shall ask what you will and it shall be done unto you.

First condition - we must be abiding in Him
Second condition - and be able to hear (through the Spirit) His words = Rhemas.
Rule - Only pray what the Rhema said - it is His will, which becomes my will.

I've explained this to you before, but like @marks, you are filtering through your finite understanding. So this post is not expected to teach you anything, but others on the forum who have ears to hear.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, there are two different types of sin
All that is not of faith is sin. Everying that is not from the Spirit is from the flesh, and is sin.

There is yet another catagory, sexual sins which are sins against the body.

Just the same you can catagorize sin all day long, but at the end of it all, there still remains one simple truth, all that is not of faith is sin. There are two catagories, faith, or sin. Spirit, or flesh. New man, or old man. Everything in our lives are either one, or the other.

God does not lead us to sin. If we commit sins of any description, any, it was not from God, not from the Spirit.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All that is not of faith is sin. Everying that is not from the Spirit is from the flesh, and is sin.

There is yet another catagory, sexual sins which are sins against the body.

Just the same you can catagorize sin all day long, but at the end of it all, there still remains one simple truth, all that is not of faith is sin. There are two catagories, faith, or sin. Spirit, or flesh. New man, or old man. Everything in our lives are either one, or the other.

God does not lead us to sin. If we commit sins of any description, any, it was not from God, not from the Spirit.

Much love!

marks, take it up with John. You have to accept the Word of God. If not, you can believe in fairy tales for all that it will help you see Truth