• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if what you are doing is causing her harm and distress, I am asking that you find a different way. It is important that we not embitter the Hearts of those who seem, at least, genuine in their desire to know the Lord. @CharismaticLady knows the Lord, so if you can, and if you disagree with her, build and gain her trust by being kind and gentle. If you can build her trust, then perhaps she will be more inclined to listen to you and engage. But, as it seems clear, she does not trust you. Be kind . . . it will pay off in the future. :)

Timmy, don't bother. He's already done that, pretending to be on the same page, only to be something entirely different. It reminds me of my recent encounter with a friend of 10 years who I ended up discovering was just a con-artist who stole all my electric tools, my compressor, some valuable paintings, my mother's pure silver coin collection he rolled and spent, and my car.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Timmy, don't bother. He's already done that, pretending to be on the same page, only to be something entirely different. It reminds me of my recent encounter with a friend of 10 years who I ended up discovering was just a con-artist who stole all my electric tools, my compressor, some valuable paintings, my mother's pure silver coin collection he rolled and spent, and my car.

Brutal. And I hear what you're saying. However, these are good moments for me to exercise Faith; to improve myself in how I deal with others. I love all people, whether they hate me or not, so it is always good practice, for myself, to be kind and gentle . . . the same things that I ask of all people, here.

I haven't always been kind and gentle, but it is something that I must, MUST improve upon . . . and I finally seem to be making good strides, here. As must as Biblical Wisdom is important and necessary, so is my desire to be like the image of Moses that I have in my mind (of him). I doubt that I would ever be like Moses in my character and personality, though God makes things possible, as I have far too much energy and often speak with much inflection in my voice. If I am lucky, I will change as Paul changed, made evident in his final letter to Timothy. It is in that letter than instead of Paul flaming Timothy for leaving the church of Ephesus abandoned to the two, false-renegade teachers, he, Paul, instead recognizes the deep need to build him up, take him out of his painfully chaotic situation, build his identity, a proper sense of self-belief and security in Christ . . . so as to get him back in that Church so that the young flock would not have their Seed cast upon stony paths where the Message of God cannot grow (exactly like a Stony Heart).

Powerful Lord, God Almighty. I beg of you to keep producing humility within me. Create a Way about me that would cause others to feel that I am safe to engage in conversation. Thank you for the gift of confirming that I am not required by you, that I am just a mere human being, trying to make it in this world. I am nothing, and should I ever become something in this world, it is because you have caused it to be. I beg of you Lord, to keep changing me into a humble servant . . . nothing more and nothing less. In the Name of your Powerful Son, Jesus . . . Amen.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your agenda? Are you trying to cause conflict between @CharismaticLady and myself?

Look, there are no two people alive that believe the exact same things. Even apostles had conflict with their belief systems. Therefore, I'm not going down this road of pitting one against another. I beg of you to find a different way of communicating.

I care about you and want what is best for you.
Cause conflict? No. Be clear? Yes.

I'm thinking you may be agreeing with things that you might not agree with if you realized more of what was being promoted.

Here's my mind . . . No doctrine of God exists alone, what we believe in one area is going to impact how we think and act in other areas.

For instance . . . This idea that the born again Christian will never commit a sin attacks to the heart of every true Christian who understands the reality that our flesh remains corrupt until it is redeemed, and who recognizes that even though we are so very much improved over what we were, to say the least, yet still, the flesh lusts against the spirit, and the spirit lusts against the flesh. We remain in that conflict until the redemption of the body. And to deny this reality is in my opinion a mistake.

Not to mention the teaching that we earn forgiveness from God by being forgiving to others. I will continue to oppose that teaching, not to create conflict, rather, to present the truth about our reconciliation to God. We who are reborn are completely and fully reconciled, and there's nothing that we earn from Him in acceptance by Him. All is in Jesus.

Much love!

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I can post the verses that clearly outline these things, but each time that I do, they are completely ignored. The Truth, here, is just completely ignored by those who have been chosen to come here with the intention of fighting and arguing. I don't play that game. I employ the game of Love for you all . . . nothing more, nothing less. And I mean that . . . which is why you will NEVER see me even hint at belittling a person. I don't believe that name-calling helps anyone. And if I have done that, then I was utterly and totally wrong. I care so much for each of you, that I would rather just be considered "wrong," than engage in any kind of battle. And when a person is added to my block list, it won't be forever. I will unblock people periodically and give them another opportunity to grace me with their ideas . . . I would love nothing more than to hear what each person is saying and believing, but I draw the line when people demonstrate and prove that they intend to harm, forever, a person's conscience, effecting the way they feel about themselves and thus impacting their ability to see this life rightly.

Rambling indeed!! This is I think the best thing I've read here today! Amen and Amen!!!

Some of my very best Forum time is spent with those who will actually lay aside all the personal nonsense and just discuss Scripture and doctrine with me. I've learned so very much in probing people's views, discussing Mary with Catholics, and Sabbath with SDA, like that.

I've said over and over, I don't have any dispute with CL over how she lives her life. She tells me she sleeps with a clean conscience every night, I say wonderful! She states that she has no internal desire for sin, I say again, wonderful! May everyone know that life!! This has never been in question for me.

"Lord lift me up, and let me stand, by faith on heaven's table land, a higher plain than I have found, Lord plant my feet on higher ground."

There's maybe more to that hymn than people realize. And to anyone who has received that walk from the Lord, what a blessing! Some receive this from the hand of God as a gift, but I think the most come to learn this walk from trusting in Jesus. But we need to get rid of the underlaying feelings of condemnation and rejection by God that come through these kinds of mixed 'faith/law' belief systems.

The truth as I see it is that we can all walk that walk in faith. But far be it from me to tell someone they aren't born again because they lied, or stole something. Of course, in the OT those aren't sins unto death. This is an inconsistency. Are we able to recognize and accept the significance of these inconsistencies?

The real harm is in having false ideas about God and His salvation, and failing to avail ourselves of the power He gives to us in Christ.

Much love!

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice that Paul didn't say..."now that you are never going to want to sin again,""

He does not say that, as that would be foolish... and not the truth.
Rather, he very pointedly states that the flesh lusts against the spirit, and the spirit lusts against the flesh. We are conflicted, and there is no way around that fact.

Are we supposed to think we aren't born again because we perceive the lusts of our flesh?? Paul said he keeps his body in subjection . . . why? Why would he need to?

On the other hand, if you find your flesh desires for something, isn't it by trusting that you are in fact reconciled to God, and are reborn, isn't this the power over that flesh?

Much love!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm thinking you may be agreeing with things that you might not agree with if you realized more of what was being promoted.

Well . . . but here's the thing. If you misunderstand me, then of course you, or any other person, would write what you've written above. And that's cool . . . no one has to believe what I believe. What is important, now, is that we continue to have good communication. :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
marks, I didn't say that. Sins not unto death are trespasses unwittingly committed. Leviticus 5:15. Laws of any kind would be willfully committed, because they are "written." And now written on our hearts. It is the result of immature fruit of the Spirit that causes trespasses, but once fruit is matured, trespasses become less and less. Even long-suffering with you. ;)
What I've understood from you before is that there are sins unto death and sins not unto death. That the sins unto death are those which were punished by death under the OT Law, and that the sins not unto death were those violations of the Law that were not punishable by death.

Is this not what you think?

Much love!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rambling indeed!! This is I think the best thing I've read here today! Amen and Amen!!!

Some of my very best Forum time is spent with those who will actually lay aside all the personal nonsense and just discuss Scripture and doctrine with me. I've learned so very much in probing people's views, discussing Mary with Catholics, and Sabbath with SDA, like that.

I've said over and over, I don't have any dispute with CL over how she lives her life. She tells me she sleeps with a clean conscience every night, I say wonderful! She states that she has no internal desire for sin, I say again, wonderful! May everyone know that life!! This has never been in question for me.

"Lord lift me up, and let me stand, by faith on heaven's table land, a higher plain than I have found, Lord plant my feet on higher ground."

There's maybe more to that hymn than people realize. And to anyone who has received that walk from the Lord, what a blessing! Some receive this from the hand of God as a gift, but I think the most come to learn this walk from trusting in Jesus. But we need to get rid of the underlaying feelings of condemnation and rejection by God that come through these kinds of mixed 'faith/law' belief systems.

The truth as I see it is that we can all walk that walk in faith. But far be it from me to tell someone they aren't born again because they lied, or stole something. Of course, in the OT those aren't sins unto death. This is an inconsistency. Are we able to recognize and accept the significance of these inconsistencies?

The real harm is in having false ideas about God and His salvation, and failing to avail ourselves of the power He gives to us in Christ.

Much love!

You seem stable-minded, to me. If this is how you write to others, I'd say that you have the favor of the Lord, at least in this way. I honestly cannot remember anything negative that you've written . . . in having a bad memory (in this way) is a benefit.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not following you.

Sorry!

That's ok . . . I am not required by God for anything, and that means you are not required to understand me. If we had a face to face conversation, I think that it would be most productive. But . . . we're stuck behind our keyboards. Hence, this is why I preach being kind and gentle . . . it opens our ears to hear (including myself). I am getting better! (And I will continue to improve - I NEED to become like the imagine I have of Moses in my mind). :)

Reactions: marks

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't we just focus on the Scriptures, what they say and mean, and how to apply that to our lives? Must we also get in our digs?

Much love!

What you have written is exactly what I hope for. Perhaps if you create a new thread and we can start over. That said, I am ooooober busy with writings that must be completed each day. And I've also got two tons of things that need to be done.

So for now, and in our rebooting process, I can say that I appreciate you. We'll get things settled. I believe we can do it. :)

Reactions: marks

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know about "Reflective Listening"?

Much love!

I've never heard of it. But the wording is self-explanatory.

But look, here's the deal. My ears are wide open to everyone who is willing to share what they believe is the Truth. Why? Because if I am wrong, then the likelihood of me going to hell is escalated. Therefore, the way I see it is like this: All of you are obligated to tell me the Truth to ensure that I don't go to hell.

But here is the problem: no one has been able to give me anything that represents the Truth. If I were to begin believing what people, here, are teaching, then I would be going backward. I've been attending church since the day I was born . . . literally, so I've heard just about every false doctrine there is, as I was living by them. I've attended and even participated in church staffing . . . from across several systems of belief (Baptist, Church of Christ, non-denominational . . . yadda yadda. They're all the same. None of them teach the Doctrine of Circumcision, which means that they all get to sin without punishment and at least . . . accountability.

Therefore, it will be pretty much impossible to get me to revert back to old theology that does not include the Core of the Bible. And what is that Core? Yes, Circumcision of the Heart. I have found that nearly every aspect of the Bible relates to Colossians 2:9-15. Therefore, to have a conversation that does not include this passage is, for the most part, going to be false.

I am in the process of writing a commentary for the entire Bible that revolves around, for the most part, the Doctrine of Circumcision. Day #296 was a 1+ hour video . . . which if printed out, is over 20 Microsoft Pages of writings, font size of twelve. I'm currently working on Day 297 and it is currently 8 pages and will be growing. Day 296 is for John chapters 7 and 8 alone. Day 297 is John chapters 9 and 10. Again, nearly all that is written in Scripture could not be written if the Doctrine of Circumcision was not at the Heart of the Bible (no pun intended). If God were to ever allow me to be a pastor, there would not be a single sermon that did not refer to Circumcision of the Heart, for it is the total Heart of the Bible. Without Colossians 2:9-15, the Bible does not need to be written. John 3:16 is a cool verse, but it doesn't describe the Work of Christ that allows for Eternal Life. No church, that I have ever attended (I'm 53), and no audio recording (sermon or lessons) that I have ever purchased has ever focused on Circumcision of the Heart . . . which is why none of them make any bit of rational sense.

So, I have heard all arguments before and they bore me. They don't make any sense when placing them next to difficult passages, but if a person would be wise and decide to focus on the Doctrine of Circumcision, the entire Bible will begin to make full sense . . . all of it, and they will discover that Translations make no difference. I could take a Catholic Bible and prove the Doctrine of Circumcision. I could do the same thing with any Bible that refers to God as a "she." Why? Because no one can eliminate a hidden Doctrine, and Circumcision is very much that, for virtually, no one will ascend to it. Fortunately, there are several, here, that embrace it, which is wonderfully shocking! But to date, no one has ever agreed that it is the utter Heart of the Bible.

So that's my take and I'm sticking to it. You can try to convince me that I'm wrong about things, and I am desperate to listen, but until someone brings a greater doctrine than the Circumcision of Heart, I will only be going backward. And yes, that means I would NEVER attend any Bible College on the Planet. That would be a fantastic place to learn apostasy. No thanks! So again, if you, or anyone else, tries to convince me that what I believe about the Bible is wrong, then I'll be reverting to an old, incomplete belief system . . . and that is a waste of time.

I apologize if I seem rude; I'm not. If you could hear my voice, you'd know that I am not speaking in a condescending way, but in a Truthful manner. If I didn't write what I just wrote above, I would be a liar. I have to tell the Truth. So, I hope you understand!