The Sin Nature

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly, as I said in a previous post, Matt. 24 is directed to the Jews!
But the kid is not teachable on the forum which is unfortunate. I know I learn things from several people and try and keep an open mind .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is speaking to Israel! There will many come saying they are the Messiah!

Matt. 24 is directed to Israel in the very end before His return.

there is no israel today!

Christ replaced David as king
Lk 1:32-33
The new covenant church replaced Israel as the kingdom
Matt 21:43

Prophecy of the new covenant and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Matt 21:43 taken from Israel given to Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18-19 18:18 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20

1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:8
Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

Jude 1:25
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Christ is king and has all authority and dominion!

Christ appointed Peter, the apostles, and their successors to govern the church and administer the kingdom until He returns in glory!

Submission and obedience to them is submission and obedience to Christ!

Like Joseph under pharaoh the king and his brothers bowed in obedience to Him as God willed!

But Protestant fundamentalists will not, for satan the first Protestant was in rebellion against God saying: I will not serve! I will not obey!

So who is you’re leader?

All those who submit and obey are Christ’s!

Those who do not are satan’s!

Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

Kingdom established by God!
Isa 2:2
Dan 2: 44

One, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic! And all nations and all people shall flow into it! All must submit and obey the king of glory!

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Gal 4: 22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

(Holy mother church)

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the kid is not teachable on the forum which is unfortunate. I know I learn things from several people and try and keep an open mind .

That is true! I try my best to have patience knowing he has fell under false doctrine.

But I'm not as patient as I used to be! Maybe this is the Lord's doing in correcting him and teaching me patience.

Thank God, He said, my Word will not return me void, but will accomplish that which I have purposed.

So who knows what the Lord is doing here, but I know it's for our benefit!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John didn't understand what kind of flesh that was either, just like us.

John saw that flesh in person, He knew Christ walked through that door where they were gathered.

I agree that we don't yet know what we shall be, the power we will have, the abilities that glorified state of flesh will give us.

It's all a wonder to us as well as to him. Obviously the Lord did not explain any of this to the 12 apostles, but I do believe Paul had a much better idea of what it is through his revelation from Christ.

It is a wonder why John had fell down upon as though dead, in Revelation 1:10-20, considering John seen the resurrected Christ, and also spent time with him while he was alive.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a wonder why John had fell down upon as though dead, in Revelation 1:10-20, considering John seen the resurrected Christ, and also spent time with him while he was alive.
It was a vision .

hope this helps !!!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Christophany, I am a firm believer that the Revelation has very unique traits about it. Wouldn't you agree? It is similar to when the vision on the mount of the transfiguration also occurred completely in front of Peter, James, and John seeing Jesus in his transfiguration. Which I believe they are seeing Jesus when he would be in his fullness of glory, as the Lord God Almighty.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is no israel today!

Christ replaced David as king
Lk 1:32-33
The new covenant church replaced Israel as the kingdom
Matt 21:43

Prophecy of the new covenant and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Matt 21:43 taken from Israel given to Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18-19 18:18 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20

1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:8
Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

Jude 1:25
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Christ is king and has all authority and dominion!

Christ appointed Peter, the apostles, and their successors to govern the church and administer the kingdom until He returns in glory!

Submission and obedience to them is submission and obedience to Christ!

Like Joseph under pharaoh the king and his brothers bowed in obedience to Him as God willed!

But Protestant fundamentalists will not, for satan the first Protestant was in rebellion against God saying: I will not serve! I will not obey!

So who is you’re leader?

All those who submit and obey are Christ’s!

Those who do not are satan’s!

Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

Kingdom established by God!
Isa 2:2
Dan 2: 44

One, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic! And all nations and all people shall flow into it! All must submit and obey the king of glory!

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Gal 4: 22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

(Holy mother church)

Theefaith, I'm sorry that I no longer have the patience for Catholics.

John fell down worshipping TWICE those who were not deity in his visions.

He was in the Glory of the Almighty God in heaven during these visions. Angels and saints of God were reflecting that Glory and he did not know if it was Christ or another.

It's the Glory that came from within Christ at the Mount of the Transfiguration, that Peter, James and John witnessed.

Many believe that Glory came down from heaven, it did not, it came from within the Christ.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Christophany, I am a firm believer that the Revelation has very unique traits about it. Wouldn't you agree? It is similar to when the vision on the mount of the transfiguration also occurred completely in front of Peter, James, and John seeing Jesus in his transfiguration. Which I believe they are seeing Jesus when he would be in his fullness of glory, as the Lord God Almighty.
Peter, James and John saw Him in His glory at the Transfiguration, the same glory in the Revelation . Why are you conflating them ?

Do you want me to provide their own testimony to those facts and will you accept the correction when I do ? Yes or no

hope this helps !!!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter, James and John saw Him in His glory at the Transfiguration, the same glory in the Revelation . Why are you conflating them ?

Do you want me to provide their own testimony to those facts and will you accept the correction when I do ? Yes or no

hope this helps !!!

Why does it seem to me you become defensive when simply sharing things towards me?

No I do not desire your correction.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does it seem to me you become defensive when simply sharing things towards me?

No I do not desire your correction.
So God cannot speak truth through me is that your position but he can through you ?

And I noticed you avoided my point that the vision in revelation’s and transfiguration are no different .

Are they different and if so explain how and why they are please .

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG

John 1:14-15
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

2 Peter 1:16-20
For we did not follow cleverly devised tales when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of His majesty. 17 For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such an utterance as this was made to Him by the Majestic Glory, "This is My beloved Son with whom I am well-pleased" — 18 and we ourselves heard this utterance made from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain. 19 And so we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts.

Mark 9:2-8
And six days later, Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John, and brought them up to a high mountain by themselves. And He was transfigured before them; 3 and His garments became radiant and exceedingly white, as no launderer on earth can whiten them. 4 And Elijah appeared to them along with Moses; and they were talking with Jesus. 5 And Peter answered and said to Jesus, "Rabbi, it is good for us to be here; and let us make three tabernacles, one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah." 6 For he did not know what to answer; for they became terrified. 7 Then a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud, "This is My beloved Son, listen to Him!" 8 And all at once they looked around and saw no one with them anymore, except Jesus alone.

Do you know what Isaiah 6:1-6, Revelation 1 and Mark 9:2-8 all have in common @MatthewG ?

hope this helps !!!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No problem @Charlie24, it was Revelation 1:8-19, just was trying to share with you about when John first fell down as dead.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course man fell, and cannot become perfect on his own, but perfection comes through the resurrection!

In Genesis man lived to be over 900 years old, by the time of David, God said man's day's shall be 70 years.

Man will live forever in the flesh in the same glorified body that Jesus resurrected with.

That's just it, in 1 Corinthians 15 Apostle Paul showed that Jesus' flesh body was made 'a quickening spirit', but hardly any brethren want to believe that...

1 Cor 15:44-50
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
KJV

So was Jesus' flesh body resurrected? Yes, but it was made "a quickening spirit" at some point after that, according to Apostle Paul.

And Paul made it very clear in the above Scripture that the heavenly order is not about an eternal flesh body, but a "spiritual body".

The false belief in everlasting flesh is an old Jewish doctrine from Old Testament times.