• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Where in the Bible are these stronger laws? We've had entire Sabbath School quarterlies on subjects like "walking in the Spirit."

2017 1st quarter The Holy Spirit and Spirituality Frank M. Hasel :)
Read Matthew chapters 5,6 and 7.

If you want the law this is the place to go, but do not fret, no human is perfect and God knows that, rather he looks on our heart and knows our frailties.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry charismatic Lady but none of the ten commandments are commands for the church! Not to make us righteous, but to show that we have been made righteous. And the new is tougher! Jesus said to be angry at someone without cause makes you guilty of murder.

To look at a woman with lust, you have already committed adultery!

What are you sorry about. You agreed with me.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in the Bible are these stronger laws? We've had entire Sabbath School quarterlies on subjects like "walking in the Spirit."

2017 1st quarter The Holy Spirit and Spirituality Frank M. Hasel :)

Great! Backlit told me that the SDA church is changing their emphasis a lot. But up until 50 years ago when I left the SDA denomination, it was all about the Law. I never heard them talk about the Spirit, let alone walking in the Spirit.

What do you believe that entails, and how do you receive the Spirit?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you want the law this is the place to go, but do not fret, no human is perfect and God knows that, rather he looks on our heart and knows our frailties.
I have never had anyone tell me the law is in the sermon on the mount. But it's always anything and everything but the ten commandments and I seem to run into a new one nearly every day. It seems like it's okay to keep the law, as long as your favorite body of law isn't the ten commandments, because if it is, you're a legalist. Oh, and you can't forget to mention that it's the Holy Spirit keeping the law through you. That's legalism, too. They say the Bible doesn't contradict itself but that's really just lip service because no cheap grace-loving Christian ever, ever quotes this:

Ecc 12:13 KJV Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

You can't get any clearer than that. It doesn't say "whole duty of Jews."
But if you quote this, you're a legalist.
It's bad for business, right? It's easier to disregard it than to reconcile it.

Reactions: Brakelite

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeh, funny to me that we cant even define it, really!
or i mean we cant all agree on the def, aside from, again, descending into the amorphous, Word, Good News, etc
I guess that's why we ended up with a book with 750k words in it, eh?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, I don't believe that God has abandoned this State of Israel. That is Replacement Theology. But they are still partially blinded for a couple more years, then all of them in that State will be saved.
But that State that fools called Israel is not worthy of Jesus Christ in fact, so it's Anti-Christ in fact ! no Christian can support such a thing at all. that's like going back to your vomit and totally rejecting Jesus Christ in fact. it's as simple as that.

They will not be saved at all in fact, how is God going to do such ? if God could of done such he would of back in the day when Jesus walked on earth, so such does not make any sense at all.

Then again show me one person who can prove that they are 100% Jewish blood line, there is not even one in fact. not to mention that such a blood line means nothing at all, when one understands that the only way to God is through his only begotten Son, as no one ! no one comes to the Father but only through his only begotten Son, now fact is that it does not say anything that the Jewish blood line cut it.
Only the Jewish blood line can know the Father, No ! they never knew the Father in fact ! the only worthy Jews were the ones who came to Jesus Christ, due to faith.
Without faith how can one come to know him or the Father, for they do not have the Holy Spirit ! that's a fact.

All The so called Jews nowadays are nothing but totally lost as to God in fact, they are heading down the wrong path, they are not even doing truly regarding of the OT in fact and that proves that they are not even worthy to be regarded as true Jews for a start, their is under 10% of the so called Jews who are some what worthy of the OT, but even their faith in Holy Moses is dismal, now if they did truly abide in Holy Moses then they would be on the same path as the disciples were on, it's because they truly followed believing in Holy Moses that they could see Jesus was the Christ in fact. that's the key for all Jews must follow.

Now how are the Jews today going to turn around and follow Holly Moses for a start, fat chance of that. let alone coming to put their faith is Jesus Christ. not even the so called messianic Jews truly believe or truly have faith in Jesus Christ in fact, for if they did they would believe and become Christians in fact. it's that simple. Jesus said you shall know them by their works, there is the proof ! directly. The Messianic so called Jew is not believing in Jesus Christ at all, they are waiting for another Jesus, fact is they are rejecting Jesus Christ in fact, or they would become Christians in fact. as I said before the Bible says you shall know them by their works and their is the proof, they are totally lacking of faith in Jesus Christ in fact.

Reactions: Cooper

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ha and not one single absolute truth can be abstracted from It, either? at least not a spiritual one, i dont think; "______ was about a day's walk from _______" might be true enough. that is pretty hard to accomplish imo.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Reggie Belafonte,

The scripture is clear that in the last days all of Israel shall be saved; most certainly through faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 11:26, John 14:6).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees (who were sticklers for the law), you will in no wise enter in to the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 5:20).

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees (who were sticklers for the law), you will in no wise enter in to the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 5:20).
The Pharisees used the law as a weapon against others on the one hand and to make out how righteous they were on the other hand even praying on street corners while they robbed their parents. It was all for show. They were the most wicked people ever but were very quick to accuse others, while they went through their hand-washing rituals.
It is not hard to exceed the righteousness of the Pharisees, the servants of Satan.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pharisees used the law as a weapon against others on the one hand and to make out how righteous they were on the other hand even praying on street corners while they robbed their parents. It was all for show. They were the most wicked people ever but were very quick to accuse others, while they went through their hand-washing rituals.
It is not hard to exceed the righteousness of the Pharisees, the servants of Satan.
Outwardly, their righteousness was impeccable...because they were sticklers for the law. And that is the point that Jesus was making. Compare Matthew 5:48.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And even though God went to so much trouble, using so many inspired human instruments to deliver that simple message, over such a long period of time, miraculously keeping it relatively intact over that same time and protecting it from so many who sought it's destruction, with all 66 books, three quarters of a million words, numerous commentaries, dictionaries, lexicons, scholars and wannabe experts to tell us what its all about, we are still debating on what it all means. *Sigh*

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have never had anyone tell me the law is in the sermon on the mount. But it's always anything and everything but the ten commandments and I seem to run into a new one nearly every day. It seems like it's okay to keep the law, as long as your favorite body of law isn't the ten commandments, because if it is, you're a legalist. Oh, and you can't forget to mention that it's the Holy Spirit keeping the law through you. That's legalism, too. They say the Bible doesn't contradict itself but that's really just lip service because no cheap grace-loving Christian ever, ever quotes this:

Ecc 12:13 KJV Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

You can't get any clearer than that. It doesn't say "whole duty of Jews."
But if you quote this, you're a legalist.
It's bad for business, right? It's easier to disregard it than to reconcile it.
The Ten Commandments apply worldwide, they are so absolutely basic they form the foundation of, I imagine, every legal system in the world, as appropriate to the one God. The Mitzvot laws are Jewish laws written at a time of great stress when they were held captive in Babylon. We can forget them, they are man-made, despite them being attributed to the 'Lord.' The commandments of Jesus as given in the Sermon on the Mount, like the Ten Commandments are likewise universal, and suitable for all well-meaning people whether they believe in God or not, regardless of whether they have the helper, the helper being the Holy Spirit. If you study Christ's commandments you will see they are a repeat of the Ten but stronger and tighter.